Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 10:15:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Jane's Addiction
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jane's Addiction  (Read 46936 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2008, 07:34:59 PM »

From www.6767.com

"Yesterday, April 15, 2008, was a pretty spectacular day. After pre-taping an episode of SpreadTV with Eric Avery, which will air on Thursday, Eric informed me that he will be joining Jane's Addiction on the 23rd for the NME Awards! That means that one week from today, the original Jane's lineup will be performing together for the first time in 17 years. We have decided to do a handful of songs at the event which will be honoring the band. Eric's bass lines and writing contributions are such an integral part of the Jane's sound that the night would feel somewhat incomplete without his presence. We couldn't be happier about his decision to join us. Since Eric's departure in 1991, we have gone on to work with Flea, Martyn Le Noble and Chris Chaney. I would like to recognize them and thank them for their musicianship and support throughout the years. I consider them all as part of the Jane's family and legacy.

Last night, Perry performed at Tom Morello's Axis of Justice show at The Troubadour in Hollywood with Carl and Etty from Satellite Party. Tom had put together an incredible collection of artists for the evening including Pete Yorn, Slash, Steve Vai, Jerry Cantrell, Davey Havok and Stewart Copeland. Around 8:00pm I got a text from Perry that read, "Dave... Get down here. Flea is on his way and wants to jam!" Of course I accepted the invitation and immediately rolled over to joined Perry, Flea and Travis Barker for an impromptu Mountain Song. So much fun and for such a great cause. Plus, it gave Perry and I an opportunity to perform again in front of a public audience before hitting the awards show next Wednesday. I have had the good fortune throughout my years as a guitarist to share the stage with some unbelievable talents, but there is no one in the world that I feel more comfortable and at home with musically than Perry Farrell. Playing with Flea again was pretty incredible too. If I am not mistaken, I haven't played with Flea since the 1997 Jane's tour. Both Perry and Flea have had an enormous influence on my approach to guitar playing in their own different ways. It was pretty cool to share a musical moment with them again. Perk was up north with his band Banyan last night and was missed, but Travis was kind enough to fill in and did a great job."

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2008, 05:37:15 PM »

First interview with all 4 original members in 17 years can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9kjfv225_s&eurl=http://www.6767.com/

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2008, 05:48:16 PM »

First interview with all 4 original members in 17 years can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9kjfv225_s&eurl=http://www.6767.com/

thanks man!

that was great.

but damn do they look old now (minus dave).

EXCITING TIMES thats for sure!

html sucks
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2008, 09:51:53 AM »

just been listening "Three Days"

Makes me remember how fucking AWESOME Janes Addiction are.

That song is fucking epic.

I love it when he shouts the "you run to jesus" part n it all goes heavy, so good.

html sucks
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2008, 01:12:24 PM »

From Dave Navarro's www.6767.com :

There has been some speculation online about a secret Jane's Addiction show this week. Well, there is no need to speculate... Jane's Addiction will be performing this Thursday night, October 23rd, at La Cita Bar (336 South Hill Street) in downtown Los Angeles. The night is hosted by our friend, artist Shepard Fairey. This will be the first Jane's Addiction show in years with the original line up. I have 2 pairs of tickets available for the evening. The first two people in LA to post their full names (on 6767.com) will be added to my guest list with a +1 each.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2008, 02:03:17 PM »

i hope its bootlegged for us who aint in the states!

html sucks
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2008, 04:12:00 PM »

i hope its bootlegged for us who aint in the states!

I'm sure Dave will have Todd Newman filming for Spread TV/6767.com as well as fan filmed youtube clips.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 04:49:22 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2008, 11:54:32 AM »

Original JANE'S ADDICTION Lineup To Perform In Los Angeles Tomorrow - Oct. 22, 2008

The reunited original lineup of JANE'S ADDICTION will perform tomorrow night (Thursday, October 23) at La Cita Bar (336 South Hill Street) in downtown Los Angeles. The evening will be hosted by JANE'S ADDICTION's friend, artist Shepard Fairey, and will mark the original group's first full concert in years.

In an August 2008 interview with Altitude, singer Perry Farrell was asked about the possibility of a full-fledged JANE'S ADDICTION reunion. "There's as much likelihood of that happening as there being commercial space flights," Farrell replied.

Regarding JANE'S ADDICTION's four-song reunion performance with bassist Eric Avery which took place on April 23, 2008 at the NME Awards USA at the El Rey Theatre in Los Angeles, Farrell said, "It was both fun and horrible. It's like having a girlfriend that you have always been in love with and you'll always be in love with but you don't quite get along with. You're still in love with her and every time you get together, you end up throwing food at each other."

A short clip of Farrell talking to Altitude about JANE'S ADDICTION in August 2008 can be viewed below.

JANE'S ADDICTION was presented with the Godlike Genius Award at the inaugural U.S. NME Awards "in recognition of the fact that the band has done more than any other to introduce American alternative music to the mainstream," according to a press release.
Avery did not participate in the band's 1997 and 2001 reunions, with RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS bassist Flea, Chris Chaney and Martyn LeNoble all taking turns in the lineup.

Regarding his reasons for agreeing to take part in the JANE'S ADDICTION reunion at the NME Awards, Avery said in a statement, "I've chosen to reject the prospects of reuniting in the past for personal and philosophical reasons. I have always considered reunions to be a way to make a quick buck, and it sells short my own experience of it the first time around. The reason I started to even consider this is because it's honoring the past instead of trying to recreate it."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=107398

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2008, 03:11:52 PM »

Jane?s Addiction delivers the goods at La Cita

by kevin on October 24, 2008

Jane?s Addiction brought Hollywood to downtown Los Angeles on Thursday night, 20 years late. Or maybe just in time.

The fearsome L.A. foursome, in their original lineup, played a muscular 10-song set that reminded you of when some other guy named Bush was president (and before). And they played it to a crowd of 157 at La Cita ? the Hill Street bar that until a little more than two years ago was a neighborhood watering hole and dance hall with a largely Mexican clientele.

janes-lead2I heard no ranchero music on this night. The occasion was a party; the DJ was celebrity artist Shepard Fairey (the Boston Globe was in town to do a piece on him); and the overtones were faintly political ? even if Jane?s Addiction frontman Perry Farrell did confuse how far away the election was when he gave his get-out-the-vote spiel. And the band?s sweat-drenched admirers soaked it up. ?A Top 10 moment,? one told me unblinkingly. Added a music executive who moshed in the wings near the likes of Karen O, Nick Zimmer, Adrian Grenier, Tom Morello and Taylor Hawkins: ?I?ve loved that band since I was in diapers.?

That band ? and the 200-amp sound system it brought along ? made this ride in the Time Machine sound pristine. Even with La Cita?s low-slung ceilings, the janes2

volume from the temporary stage erected at the back of the main room was not oppressive, and the mix was perfect. Virtually start to finish, the quartet played a set worthy of their rock-star stature, as well as their fans? undying devotion.

With the guest list incredibly tight (more on that later), Barton Saunders took no chances. The 37-year-old from Toronto, who spent $410 on a plane ticket to L.A. after reading about the show on a local blog, arrived at La Cita on Wednesday, slept on the sidewalk outside the bar and hung out at the bar all day Thursday to ensure he was there for the set. ?A defining moment,? he called it.

OK. It might have been defining for the venue, too. I arrived around 7, about the same time the fire marshals did. They had concerns about all the juice coming into La Cita (an outside generator was used), and the myriad cables and lighting gear that the band?s production crew spent all day assembling. After a last-minute scramble to solve those problems (including moving the stage a couple of feet, no easy feat), officials turned their attention to the capacity, which they capped at 157 ? the legal limit for La Cita?s main room. Many on the VIP and industry lists did not get in.

Two of the bar?s owners, Carl Lofgren and Dave Neupert [that's them, holding the set list above], embraced afterward. ?I can?t believe this happened,? Lofgren said. Neither could a lot of others.

Article and photos: http://buzzbands.la/2008/10/24/janes-addiction-delivers-the-goods-at-la-cita/

And a very short video clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teADxh7ZIEI

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2008, 07:02:45 PM »

From Dave and www.6767.com:

"OK Before I get into this, let me just say how sorry we are to everyone who came all the way down to the show and waited in line, only to be turned away at the last minute. Evidently, the fire marshal came down and limited our audience... According to this music blog. Many of our own friends and family members were unable to attend as a result and it looks as though we are simply going to have to make it up to everybody somehow! Having said that... The night was just fantastic. La Cita is an extremely small venue with amazingly low ceilings. I have to say that it really felt like it was the "OLD SCHOOL" 1987 Jane's. A tiny little Mexican bar adorned with Christmas lights, hot sweaty and humid, loud and songs we haven't played in forever on the set including Trip Away and 1% off our very first XXX record. We had an amazing time. Eric Avery brought the bottom punk rock glue that we have been missing for years. Don't get me wrong... Our times with Flea, Martyn and Chaney will never be overlooked and we love all of them deeply... In some ways they are heavily responsible for helping us get to the place where we are now... But the fact remains that this machine cannot really run as well with after market parts. Jane's Addiction has to be fully stock in order to do what it does best. That is something that many have been saying for years but I am and always will be eternally grateful to those three very talented and special musicians. After the show, Tom Morello and I spoke for a few minutes about this very thing. I think he said something like, "I have always enjoyed the Jane's rock no matter the line up but you can't deny the chemistry of four guys who are supposed to be playing together." I couldn't agree more. Perry was just as riveting and mesmerizing as he has ever been. That guy is such an undeniable entertainer! After all of these years, I still catch myself looking over to my left... Captivated by his onstage energy. What an amazing honor to still be playing with my favorite all time singer and frontman. Perkins was literally on fire all night. When he is in his zone, it's like Shiva is back there with a drumstick in each hand. Watching him play drums is like watching him defy human restraints and logic. Unbelievable. Here is the set we played: Up The Beach, Trip Away, Whores, 1%, Ain't No Right, Pigs In Zen, Ted... Just Admit It, Oceansize, Had A Dad, Been Caught Stealing. The quick non-stop pace left all of us and just about everybody drenched by the end of the hour. Todd was there with a couple of our friends capturing the night on 3 cameras so there will be tons of footage to sift through and put together for a guerilla style video clip of the evening. Thanks to everyone who made this night possible... Our audience, friends, family, crew, La Cita and whatever order the stars and planets happened to be in last night. Everything came together, hopefully not for the last time."

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2008, 01:04:19 PM »

Some of Todd Newman's footage can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM12NIalBWk

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2008, 05:53:41 PM »

Original JANE'S ADDICTION Lineup Performs In L.A.; Video Footage Available - Oct. 25, 2008

The original lineup of JANE'S ADDICTION performed this past Thursday night (October 23) at La Cita Bar in downtown Los Angeles. The event was the original band's first full concert together since 1991.

The group's setlist was as follows

01. Up the Beach
02. Trip Away
03. Whores
04. 1%
05. Ain't No Right
06. Pigs in Zen
07. Ted ... Just Admit It
08. Oceansize
09. Had a Dad
10. Been Caught Stealing

Fan-filmed video footage of the concert can be viewed below.

On his blog, guitarist Dave Navarro wrote, "The night was just fantastic. La Cita is an extremely small venue with amazingly low ceilings. I have to say that it really felt like it was the 'old-school' 1987 JANE'S. A tiny little Mexican bar adorned with Christmas lights, hot sweaty and humid, loud and songs we haven't played in forever on the set.

"We had an amazing time. Eric Avery [bass] brought the bottom punk rock glue that we have been missing for years. Don't get me wrong... Our times with Flea, Martyn [LeNoble] and [Chris] Chaney will never be overlooked and we love all of them deeply... In some ways they are heavily responsible for helping us get to the place where we are now... But the fact remains that this machine cannot really run as well with after market parts. JANE'S ADDICTION has to be fully stock in order to do what it does best. That is something that many have been saying for years but I am and always will be eternally grateful to those three very talented and special musicians.

"After the show, Tom Morello [RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE] and I spoke for a few minutes about this very thing. I think he said something like, 'I have always enjoyed the JANE'S rock no matter the lineup but you can't deny the chemistry of four guys who are supposed to be playing together.' I couldn't agree more. Perry [Farrell, vocals] was just as riveting and mesmerizing as he has ever been. That guy is such an undeniable entertainer! After all of these years, I still catch myself looking over to my left... Captivated by his onstage energy. What an amazing honor to still be playing with my favorite all-time singer and frontman. [Stephen] Perkins [drums] was literally on fire all night. When he is in his zone, it's like Shiva is back there with a drumstick in each hand. Watching him play drums is like watching him defy human restraints and logic. Unbelievable."

A review of the show can be found on Buzzbands.la.

JANE'S ADDICTION, including founding bassist Eric Avery, did reunite for a four-song set at the NME Awards USA in Los Angeles last April, where they were presented with the Godlike Genius Award.

In an Augist 2008 interview with Altitude, frontman Perry Farrell said about the NME Awards USA reunion show, "It was both fun and horrible. It's like having a girlfriend that you have always been in love with and you'll always be in love with but you don't quite get along with...every time you get together, you end up throwing food at each other." He added that there was as much likelihood of a full-blown reunion "as there being commercial space flights."

The band has reunited twice before, in 1997 and 2001, but without Avery. RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS bassist Flea, Chris Chaney and Martyn LeNoble all took turns in the lineup.

Video: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=107657

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2009, 10:12:37 AM »

From http://www.janesaddiction.com/blog/all

Jane's Addiction Performs

February 6, 2009 0 Comments
Jane?s Addiction will be performing again soon in LA. If you want to attend please register for our mailing list. The first 500 people to register that are 18 years of age and older will be invited to come. If there are any changes or updates, we will post the information here. Thanks!

J.A.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2009, 11:45:30 AM »

February 08, 2009

While chatting at the after-party with guitarist Dave Navarro's manager, "our" Dave got the scoop that Jane's Addiction is heading to Oz this year.

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,25022509-5018092,00.html

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2009, 03:02:27 PM »

More from Dave and www.6767.com

Jane's Addiction: Echoplex Feb 16th

"This just in: Jane's Addiction will be playing a show in Los Angeles at The Echoplex on Monday Feb 16th around 11:00pm. Go to The Jane's Addiction Site and register... The first 500 people to do so will be placed on a list and guaranteed entry. Also, this show is 18 and over so bring the kids! As always, the first person to post here in the comments will be placed on my list plus a guest. Please be certain that you can attend before requesting the list position. Other than that, there isn't anything to officially report at this time."

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2009, 06:53:13 PM »

JANE'S ADDICTION Planning Another L.A. Show, Australian Dates - Feb. 12, 2009

The reunited JANE'S ADDICTION will play at The Echoplex in Los Angeles, California on Monday February 16 beginning around 11:00 p.m. If you want to attend, register for the band's mailing list. The first 500 people to register that are 18 years of age and older will be invited to come.

In other news, JANE'S ADDICTION guitarist Dave Navarro's manager told a reporter for Australia's AdelaideNow at the THE SCREAMING JETS show after-party on February 3 in Hollywood, California that JANE'S ADDICTION is heading to Oz this year.

Navarro and JANE'S ADDICTION bassist Eric Avery have reportedly been working in the studio withNINE INCH NAILS mainman Trent Reznor (see photo below), although they have not been working on NINE INCH NAILS material. That news, in turn, has increased speculation that the newly reunited JANE'S ADDICTION might join NINE INCH NAILS as a co-headliner on its upcoming North American tour, which is slated to begin in April.

JANE'S ADDICTION played two low-key club gigs in Los Angeles this past October and November. Those were the original band's first full concerts together in well over 15 years. The group, including founding bassist Eric Avery, first reunited for a four-song set at the NME Awards USA last April.

The band has reunited twice before, in 1997 and 2001, but without Avery. RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS bassist Flea, Chris Chaney and Martyn LeNoble all took turns in the lineup.

Singer Perry Farrell has dismissed the possibility of another comeback over the last couple of years, saying in a recent interview that there was as much likelihood of a full-blown reunion "as there being commercial space flights."

Fan-filmed video footage of JANE'S ADDICTION's November 20, 2008 concert at El Cid in Silverlake, California can be viewed below (courtesy of "LAwomanPhotography").

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=114287

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2009, 06:37:46 PM »

REZNOR Confirms JANE'S ADDICTION Tour Rumors, Says It's Time To Make NIN Disappear For A While - Feb. 16, 2009

NINE INCH NAILS mainman Trent Reznor has posted the following message on the band's official web site:

"Towards the beginning of my career in NINE INCH NAILS, our biggest break came in the form of an invitation to perform a series of shows with JANE'S ADDICTION. These performances essentially created and defined the term 'alternative' rock in the U.S., created an ongoing festival franchise that is still thriving (Lollapalooza), set the stage for NIRVANA to shift popular taste a few months later, and were really fucking FUN to play and attend ? truly the best times I've had. The shows were epic. So epic, they propelled NIN to the 'next level' (whatever that means), but caused JANE'S to implode. The band broke up at the end of that tour.

"Fast forward to the present. Corporate rock STILL sucks. A friend tells me they saw the original JANE'S lineup play a tiny show in L.A. that was unbelievable. I break out my JANE'S records and am amazed by how vital they sound. These guys were the real deal and in this current climate mostly dominated by poseurs and pussies, it was refreshing to hear something that sounded dangerous, volatile, beautiful and SINCERE.

"E-mails were sent, phone calls were made, dinner was arranged, ideas were discussed and the next thing I know we're in the studio experimenting. We laugh, we get to know each other, we cry, we yell, we almost quit, we record LOTS of guitar solos, we discuss, we actually begin to all communicate, we yell some more, we become FRIENDS, we laugh again and we do some great things. I get to see first-hand why they broke up all those years ago but I also get the chance to see four distinct personalities that become an INCREDIBLE band when they're in the same room.

"In NIN world, 2009 marks the 20th anniversary of our first releases. I've been thinking for some time now it's time to make NIN disappear for a while. Last year's 'Lights in the Sky' tour was something I'm quite proud of and seems like the culmination of what I could pull off in terms of an elaborate production. It was also quite difficult to pull off technically and physically night after night and left us all a bit dazed. After some thought, we decided to book a last run of shows across the globe this year. The approach to these shows is quite different from last year ? much more raw, spontaneous and less scripted. Fun for us and a different way for you to see us and wave goodbye. I reached out to JANE'S to see if they'd want to join us across the U.S. and we all felt it could be a great thing. Will it work? Will it resonate in the marketplace? Who knows. Is there big record label marketing dollars to convince you to attend? Nope. Does it feel right to us and does it seem like it will be fun for us and you? Yes it does.

"Look for tour dates soon and I hope to see you out there."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=114497

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2009, 07:18:21 AM »

ill go to that tour!!!!

html sucks
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2009, 10:58:16 AM »

ill go to that tour!!!!

I second that. Have never seen NIN nor Jane's Addiction. Would be a good show..
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2009, 11:40:58 AM »

Reunited JANE'S ADDICTION Performs Another Los Angeles Show; Video Available - Feb. 17, 2009

The reunited original lineup of JANE'S ADDICTION played another low-key Los Angeles show last night (Monday, February 16) at the Echoplex. Fan-filmed video footage of the performance can be viewed below (courtesy of Capital_M and moviebruin).

In other news, Billboard.com reports that the reunited JANE'S ADDICTION will play its first major show at the eighth Sasquatch! Music Festival, to be held May 23-25 at the Gorge in Quincy, Washington.

JANE'S ADDICTION is planning to tour this spring with NINE INCH NAILS, who are also confirmed for Sasquatch.

The pairing with JANE'S ADDICTION was inspired by NIN's stint on the maiden Lollapalooza tour in 1991, which was headlined by JANE'S. The band broke up for the first time shortly thereafter, only to reunite minus original bassist Eric Avery in 1997 and again in 2001.

Video: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=114540

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: