Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:23:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff & Izzy Have New Song
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duff & Izzy Have New Song  (Read 5797 times)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« on: March 16, 2015, 04:45:07 PM »

Former GUNS N' ROSES Bandmates DUFF MCKAGAN And IZZY STRADLIN Record 'Super Kick-Ass' New Song

March 16, 2015

During a March 7 interview with Argentina's Vorterix, Duff McKagan was asked about his recent tweet in which he wrote that he spent "the first part" of his birthday "rocking" in the studio with his former GUNS N' ROSES bandmate Izzy Stradlin.

"[Izzy and I] recorded a song that day," Duff revealed. "We were talking on the phone, and [Izzy] said, 'Let's go record a song.' And we used Josh [Homme] from QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE's studio; it was open. So we just went it ? Izzy and I and [ex-REVEREND HORTON HEAT drummer] Taz [Bentley] ? and just had a blast. We recorded a song. I have it. It just got mixed. It's a super kick-ass song. And we just had fun, and we'll probably do it some more."

He continued: "We've always kind of done [stuff like that], but usually on his records. This was just like this open thing. And I had a riff, and he had an idea, and we recorded it in half a day."

Asked if fans can expect to hear the song on his next album, Duff responded: "Maybe. We're gonna maybe record some more. But we just enjoy making music together and enjoy each other's company. We're allowed to do that."

McKagan, along with fellow former GUNS N' ROSES members Slash, Steven Adler, Matt Sorum and Gilby Clarke, performed three "Appetite For Destruction" songs with Myles Kennedy at the band's Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction ceremony in April 2012 in Cleveland, Ohio.

Both Izzy and GUNS N' ROSES lead singer Axl Rose skipped the induction, with Stradlin issuing a statement the week before the event, thanking his bandmates, the Hall Of Fame for "the acknowledgment of our works over the years," and the fans who "have supported GUNS N' ROSES from day one."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former-guns-n-roses-bandmates-duff-mckagan-and-izzy-stradlin-record-super-kick-ass-new-song/#M9jY17TIT5flGCXR.99

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 08:33:13 AM »

I'm hoping this gets released in some fashion.. I wonder who was singing...could have been some kind of shared vocal thing like with Dust n Bones.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 05:11:59 PM »

I would have been a cool thing if Axl was up to recording some vocals with Duff and Izzy.

I know "reunion rumors" would have sparked, but still... Axl on an Izzy song is always a good combo.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 08:38:42 AM »

I would have been a cool thing if Axl was up to recording some vocals with Duff and Izzy.

I know "reunion rumors" would have sparked, but still... Axl on an Izzy song is always a good combo.

Well yeah..... lol

We have a few albums of greatness as proof of that....

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
italian queen
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 10:39:11 AM »

ok
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 07:36:37 AM »

I like it baby
BOILER GUNZ
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 06:42:52 PM »

I preordered right after hearing it.  Their sound is echoing the core of gnr for me so far... smoking

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2015, 02:23:01 PM »

Nice!

Former GnR men recording album in Seattle

Former Guns N? Roses colleagues Duff McKagan and Izzy Stradlin are back in the studio recording a new album.

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2015-08-06/mckagan-stradlin-in-studio-return

Great comment by Duff:

He added: ?I really trust whatever he does. If he says, ?I?ve got a part,? I know he?s got a part. It?s not like, ?Let me hear it.? It?s like, ?He?s got the part. Good ? that?s taken care of.??
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: