Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:50:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  How important was Buckethead to the future and new sound of GNR??
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: How important was Buckethead to the future and new sound of GNR??  (Read 10768 times)
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« on: January 23, 2005, 12:18:53 AM »

I say very.
When Bucket left I read a few people on the board saying 'oh well GNR didn't need 3 guitarists anyway', maybe that is the case, however I believe they needed Bucket. Had they lost Fortus or Finck then maybe the loss wouldn't be as great.
Anyone who is a fan of Bucketheads solo work knows he has his own uniue sound, one that I would imagine is very hard to replicate, I mean the guy can make sounds from a guitar I didn't know possible.The other night I was watching his solo from the Albany performance with some of my friends and we were all in complete awe of how amazing it was and it got me thinking about how CD is gonna sound, then I remembered that Bucket aint with them no more and Axl will undoubtedly have his parts replaced and it saddened me. In short what i'm trying to say is Axl wants GNR's sound pushed forward and Bucket was the man to help him do this, without Bucket this might be hard to achive because players like him don't come around very often. Hre's hoping he comes back!

Your thoughts please...

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 12:21:19 AM »

yup i miss bucket, luckily his parts will stay on the album according to tommy beer

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2005, 12:24:09 AM »

yeah I know what you're talking about, and I agree with you 100%.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2005, 12:32:18 AM »

yup i miss bucket, luckily his parts will stay on the album according to tommy beer

I know Tommy said that but do you really believe Axl will keep Bucket on 'his' album? As much as I wish he would I can't see it happening.
Knowing how Axl is with grudges (And the little jabs at Buckethead in the press release) I don't think he's gonna want a guy who left his band on an album that is so important to him. The last thing he wants is for Buckethead to gain even MORE recognition from a new GNR release, I mean he already thinks Bucket used his position in GNR to gain more fans. I wish Axl would leave it how it is, at a guess I would say it was ready before Buckethead left but Axl's probably having someone re-do his parts as we speak, hence making us wait longer  Angry

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2005, 12:51:23 AM »

I know Tommy said that but do you really believe Axl will keep Bucket on 'his' album?
off course, brian may is there too ok

GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2005, 01:04:59 AM »

I know Tommy said that but do you really believe Axl will keep Bucket on 'his' album?
off course, brian may is there too ok

Yeah I know but Axl doesn't have any grudge with Brian May, I think he has with Buckethead.
Not trying to be negative, just realistic.

norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2005, 01:11:44 AM »

Yeah I know but Axl doesn't have any grudge with Brian May, I think he has with Buckethead.
Not trying to be negative, just realistic.
guess you are,?  nervous
axl said he is disapointed but remained open 4 discussions in his letter...

so imo realisticly there's not such a big deal, and buckethead is just amazing and in the name of music i am positve that axl won't remove bucketheads parts and tommy's right,
?
? beer

-even though tommy has spoken that harshest words against buckethead...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2005, 09:15:19 AM by norway » Logged

SodatopsPhalen
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2005, 04:47:23 AM »

i hope he stays on the album..if that puppy ever comes out..Buckethead bots dont really even anticipate the album with him on it cause its non release is such a joke
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2005, 05:10:11 AM »

Well last week I listened to the Big Eyeball in the Sky, and its difficult not to be impressed by Buckethead's guitaring.

Assuming he has spent three years in a chicken coop at the Village Studios then I would say he was a fairly important to the future sound of GNR.

Personally I don't think they will miss out BH's parts, but they may try to reduce some of his influence by using other earlier recordings (such as Brian May mentioned above) and mixing it up a bit.

The questions is, If they don't have a new guitarist, and BH's contribution is a major part of the album's success, what are they gonna do then?

Here today...ready to rock
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2005, 07:36:46 AM »

buckethead was mint guitarist. he also made me laff a lot cuz he introduced himself by playing a little solo and it he played old mcdonalds had a farm and he played it so well it was hilarious and then the star wars theme tune for a very short bit (when they show the evil ppl e.g. darth vader etc.) u no the thun thun thun THUN THU THUN-THUN0THU-THUN!

n e way, he's bloody brilliant but lets hope that finck and fortus can pull it off. surely, they dont have t have 3 guitarists.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2005, 08:26:56 AM »

Very very important. IMO he's the one to replace Slash in GN'R.

Fuck 'Em All.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2005, 08:37:35 AM »

i heard somewhere that axl is still paying bucket, so maybe he decided or will decide to come back to gnr what i really hope. his guitaring is unbelievable. i think the live shows will be a lot better when bucket was back in the band. if not i will miss the paradise city solo for sure.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
GNROSAS
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2005, 09:03:50 AM »

Definately Buckethead For me was the most interesting part in the new band. I just love his playing and his personna. I bellieve that he was the right choice to replace Slash cause he was exactly the opposite of Slash. When i listen to robin in my mind Slash appears. Slash is very unique and to one extend irreplacable in his blues style guitar. Now Buckethead was the opposite and he is unique and irreplacable on his own right. Oi has the prefect choice for this new band imo.

I wish when the album comes out he will come back to play his guitar parts live...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2005, 10:02:31 AM »

Yep. Buckethead is unique in persona n playing beyond comparison.

The questions is, If they don't have a new guitarist, and BH's contribution is a major part of the album's success, what are they gonna do then?

If they ask, BH may not say no after the release.

On the other hand, if they have a new smashing guitarist, even more original than BH (is it possible?), we won?t hear BH on the album.
makemyday
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2005, 10:03:46 AM »

Well I also think that it was really important. When I'm listening his solo albums I always think this combine with Axl's songwriting would kick ass. When he left I felt like that everything's lost. Looks like from eight people, the one who wore a mask and a bucket was the only sane...

Foxtrot
Uniform
Charlie
Kilo
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2005, 11:11:57 AM »

As long as BHs parts say on the album Ill be happy, I couldnt care less if he doesnt tour with them. The album is the thing we will have to listen to forever not one live show that we go to.  Its like the people that hate how the new band plays the songs, they still have AFD, lies and UYIs to listen to the orginal way they were played.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2005, 11:46:06 AM »

How can someone be exited to see a weird guy with a scary white mask and a bucket on his head? How can someone be exited to see a cold cold guy shredding without any emotion? If you think that's the way Rock n' Roll should be played, ok it's your choice but for me Buckethead is the exact opposite of Rock n' Roll.

I think the new band is MUCH better without him: tigher and more cohesive.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2005, 11:52:49 AM »

How can somebody be so close-minded...

-PEACE-

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2005, 12:12:13 PM »

I want Bucket back in the worst way. If his parts stay on the album I cant complain but I look at it as him being in the band. He added a whole nother dimension for GNR. I could give 2 fucks if some Slash fanatics hate him. The guy is an amazing, EXPLOSIVE player with a cool image. I couldnt wait to see him in the videos and stuff. Dammmmm....

Bucket is great and hopefully he will come back when he sees Axl is serious about releasing the album.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2005, 12:20:15 PM »

How can somebody be so close-minded...

-PEACE-
It's not the question. that guy doesn't fit in Guns N' Roses and that's all.  I never said he was bad, he is very talented but shredding is not what I think GN'R is about... Buckethead seemed appart of the band, and really was and still is and forever will be. Don't forget Fortus + Finck made 75% of the job, most of the time BH did nothing onstage, he was just standing for shredding during 45 sec or 1 mn on 5, 6, or 7 minutes songs and that's it. look at your video bootlegs...

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: