Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:47:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2015 Baseball season/Off Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 89 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2015 Baseball season/Off Season Discussion  (Read 253120 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1080 on: August 23, 2015, 05:44:29 PM »

He's been done for awhile. He just can't seem to adapt to diminished ability and learn to pitch to location like Pettitte did so well.

It was that fight in a the Toronto night club that truely did cc in

LOL he was in serious decline well before that.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1081 on: August 23, 2015, 05:46:52 PM »

The Mets get Wright back from the DL tomorrow. Things are really looking up that team.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1082 on: August 23, 2015, 06:56:51 PM »

He's been done for awhile. He just can't seem to adapt to diminished ability and learn to pitch to location like Pettitte did so well.

Last 3 starts haven't been that bad.....last start he was awesome through 6. Joe pushed him too far because the bullpen was worn out.  Thats on joe.

80-ish pitches...thats his limit.

Now? I think he's done. We will see. If hes back, ots from the pen.

Pineada back wednesday, so it doesn't really hurt the rotation. Might make it better....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1083 on: August 23, 2015, 07:08:56 PM »

The jays just kicked some serious angel but!!!!

I wanted a 10 game winning streak. Well I gotten 3 so far.    I always said this lineup would be unbeatable once Edwin's and Joey bats started to beat up.   And well they are and well.   They are!!!!

First place baby!!!!!

Very well timed off days now.  Another tomorrow.  Give Martin a rest as he can barely run out there

Let's go jays!!!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1084 on: August 23, 2015, 09:45:10 PM »

Last 3 starts haven't been that bad.....last start he was awesome through 6. Joe pushed him too far because the bullpen was worn out.  Thats on joe.

80-ish pitches...thats his limit.

Now? I think he's done. We will see. If hes back, ots from the pen.

Pineada back wednesday, so it doesn't really hurt the rotation. Might make it better....
Except it puts an end to their plan to have a 6 man rotation for now.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1085 on: August 24, 2015, 08:50:50 AM »

Just fyi:

There are 13 catchers in the Hall of Fame. When compared w/ them, Posada is 5th in HRs, 7th in RBI, 9th in hits, 7th in slug pct, 10th in WAR. We won 4 world series (he might have 5 rings, but did not play much in 1996).

I agree...he might be a borderline hof player. But he has definitely earned his number being retired by the yanks.

I get the "retiring number" fatigue...but i would have had more of an issue with bernie's number going than i do with jeters, or pettites, or posadas. Those guys all deserve it, imho.

I don't think Andy, Guidry and Reggie deserve to have their numbers retired, different reasons for each.. Everybody else is fair. I am a huge Jorge fan, and I think he deserves it, I also think he deserves the HOF.

From 1999-2010. No catcher had more homers, rbis, runs and doubles... combined with the rings and his leadership... that's a HOF'amer to me.

I also never saw Elston Howard play...but I doubt he was on the same level of of the other players out there, based on the numbers and what I have read.

Donnie Baseball is not on that level of a player either... I don't think...but because of what he meant to the yankees during his time period... that pushes him over the edge.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 09:02:48 AM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1086 on: August 24, 2015, 01:46:44 PM »

Houston is good team.  Thirsty for a win against the evil Yankees
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1087 on: August 24, 2015, 03:46:38 PM »

Houston is good team.  Thirsty for a win against the evil Yankees

Yankee Stadium maybe a mirage in the Astros quest to quench road win thirst.

AKA, Houston stinks on the road big time.  Cheesy

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1088 on: August 24, 2015, 04:10:45 PM »

Cc to 15 day dl with right knee inflamation.

Girardi says theres a chance hes done this year.

I'd say thats better than even odds, actually.  Just as i think its probably more than inflamation, but we will see.

Apparently its been bugging him all season, thus his lowered velocity. Past few starts he just said screw it, because he was so unhappy with his results. And....pop!

Which pretty much says to me...he's screwed. He cant go all out with the knee, and he cant be effective if hes not going all out. We will see....

Together again,
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1089 on: August 24, 2015, 08:03:15 PM »

TheBaconman too Houston.   TheBaconman too Houston.    Houston lets get those bats going baby!!!!

Let's go Jays!!!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1090 on: August 24, 2015, 09:34:26 PM »

The Amazin's have been just that, tonight. Well, their offense has been. Degrom had an off night....but the offense def did NOT.

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1091 on: August 24, 2015, 10:39:28 PM »

Yep worst of his career to date, but the offense picked him up big time and Wright comes back in hits a monster shot in his first at bat. This could be a very scary team to face in the Division series.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1092 on: August 24, 2015, 10:43:12 PM »

FYI the Mets have set a team record tonight with 14 extra base hits.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1093 on: August 25, 2015, 06:55:05 AM »

Flat footed tie in the AL East...with 38 to play.

And both the Jays and Yanks are 6 games up in the WC race.

Together again,
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1094 on: August 25, 2015, 08:49:21 AM »

Flat footed tie in the AL East...with 38 to play.

And both the Jays and Yanks are 6 games up in the WC race.

Safe to say those 7 heads up games will decide it..

Hate to say it.. Yankees caught a break with Sabathia's knee... I love the guy for what he's done.. but the franchise would be so much better off if he never came back from this.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1095 on: August 25, 2015, 09:48:22 AM »

Yep worst of his career to date, but the offense picked him up big time and Wright comes back in hits a monster shot in his first at bat. This could be a very scary team to face in the Division series.

What a night that was.  8 homers total (and tied NL record of combined 11 homers for the game).  But nothing beat what happened with David Wright.  First game back returning from a career-threatening injury and he crushes an upper-decker on the 1st pitch.  Unbelievable. 

And how about the Wilmer Flores?  Next time they consider trading him, I'll cry. 

But deGrom's performance, while not that concerning, is very irritating to me.  You don't have it some nights, that's fine, but you can't be that fucking bad. 
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1096 on: August 25, 2015, 10:29:07 AM »

What a night that was.  8 homers total (and tied NL record of combined 11 homers for the game).  But nothing beat what happened with David Wright.  First game back returning from a career-threatening injury and he crushes an upper-decker on the 1st pitch.  Unbelievable. 

And how about the Wilmer Flores?  Next time they consider trading him, I'll cry. 

But deGrom's performance, while not that concerning, is very irritating to me.  You don't have it some nights, that's fine, but you can't be that fucking bad. 
Plus, Carlos Gomez has struggled with the Astros and Cespedes has been rolling with the Mets. You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you get what you need.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1097 on: August 25, 2015, 05:20:36 PM »

I wouldn't be too worried about DeGrom. It was the worst of his career but he's young and is gonna go through growing pains and have bad nights. I'd expect him to bounce back next start.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1098 on: August 25, 2015, 05:21:27 PM »

Well it looks like that dumbass Schilling has opened his fat trap again and said something stupid by comparing Muslims to Nazi's and has been suspended by ESPN.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1099 on: August 25, 2015, 06:57:31 PM »

I wouldn't be too worried about DeGrom. It was the worst of his career but he's young and is gonna go through growing pains and have bad nights. I'd expect him to bounce back next start.

He had food poisoning type symptoms last night.....

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 89 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: