Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 01:00:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2015 Baseball season/Off Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 89 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2015 Baseball season/Off Season Discussion  (Read 253121 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1160 on: September 02, 2015, 08:27:01 PM »

And..the jays come up and, in 2 innings, pretty much alleviate the pressure.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1161 on: September 02, 2015, 08:51:43 PM »

Much closer than it should have been!! Epic bullpen fail.

But..on the plus side....5 of 6 on the road trip. Can't complain there.

Gotta find someone else we can rely on other then Betances and Miller.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1162 on: September 02, 2015, 08:54:03 PM »

The Mets Ruben Tejada gets the first inside the park homerun for the Mets since 2010.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1163 on: September 02, 2015, 09:56:40 PM »

And..the jays come up and, in 2 innings, pretty much alleviate the pressure.

The Jays are the greatest team in the woooooooorld!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1164 on: September 02, 2015, 10:12:17 PM »

The Jays are the greatest team in the woooooooorld!

They're actually 10 1/2 games behind the greatest team in the world  Wink

http://espn.go.com/mlb/standings/_/group/overall
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 11:06:23 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1165 on: September 03, 2015, 08:37:26 AM »

Texas is creeping up.... I really dont want to see them win the division...

because if the Yankees are in the WC game... i DO NOT want to face Keuchel.....

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1166 on: September 03, 2015, 09:00:03 AM »

I think out of a lot of the wildcard teams the Yankees are the least suited for a one off game.  They may fair fine in a series.  But I just can't see it in a one off game

I see the Jays doing just fine in a one off game.   And even better in multiple series's.   On there way to the World Series baby!!!

Let's go Jays!
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1167 on: September 03, 2015, 09:10:04 AM »

I think out of a lot of the wildcard teams the Yankees are the least suited for a one off game.  They may fair fine in a series.  But I just can't see it in a one off game

I see the Jays doing just fine in a one off game.   And even better in multiple series's.   On there way to the World Series baby!!!

Let's go Jays!

You might be right... but you hate the Yankees , and love Toronto... so ur opinion is always slanted off that bias.

ANYBODY can win that one game.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1168 on: September 03, 2015, 10:19:12 AM »

Let's go Jays!

You might be right... but you hate the Yankees , and love Toronto... so ur opinion is always slanted off that bias.

Oh I am very biased, but not anyone can win that one game.

You need a true ACE....   Who would the Yankees use?  There bullpen, after the 4th, thats who
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1169 on: September 03, 2015, 11:26:55 AM »

Let's go Jays!

You need a true ACE....   Who would the Yankees use?  There bullpen, after the 4th, thats who
Not necessarily. I mean, an ace certainly helps. But the Royals did it last year without an ace. They used their dominant bullpen from the 6th inning on most nights, along with a relentless and diverse lineup. Of course in the end, they were beaten by an ace, Bumgarner. But ANYTHING can happen in one game, ace or not. The ace may not have his stuff on that particular day. It happens. Obviously I'd take Price over anyone the Yankees have. But Tanaka or Pineda can pitch like an ace on any given day.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1170 on: September 03, 2015, 11:33:02 AM »

Let's go Jays!

Not necessarily. I mean, an ace certainly helps. But the Royals did it last year without an ace. They used their dominant bullpen from the 6th inning on most nights, along with a relentless and diverse lineup. Of course in the end, they were beaten by an ace, Bumgarner. But ANYTHING can happen in one game, ace or not. The ace may not have his stuff on that particular day. It happens. Obviously I'd take Price over anyone the Yankees have. But Tanaka or Pineda can pitch like an ace on any given day.

The Royals last year are the total deffinition of a team doing the oppostie of what I was saying.  They even beat the team with the ACE in the wildcard.   Now the Royals have a true Ace and a great bullpen.  Funny thing is, it just wont be enough.....
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1171 on: September 03, 2015, 11:37:40 AM »

Let's go Jays!

The Royals last year are the total deffinition of a team doing the oppostie of what I was saying.  They even beat the team with the ACE in the wildcard.   Now the Royals have a true Ace and a great bullpen.  Funny thing is, it just wont be enough.....
True. They certainly went against the grain. The Orioles too. They made the Red Sox believe they could compete with a bunch of 3-5 starters. Of course, they forgot that you need more than two semi reliable arms in the bullpen.

Cueto hasn't actually pitched very well since the trade. Yordano Ventura has pitched more like an ace since he came back. They're pretty well setup. But the Jays are the hottest team in baseball and no team wants to face them right now. We'll see if they can keep that up for the next month plus.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1172 on: September 03, 2015, 12:23:21 PM »

Let's go Jays!

You really don't...if I had to pick in the Al right now..I'd take Price... but he can get lit up on any given day.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1173 on: September 03, 2015, 12:24:21 PM »

Let's go Jays!

True. They certainly went against the grain. The Orioles too. They made the Red Sox believe they could compete with a bunch of 3-5 starters. Of course, they forgot that you need more than two semi reliable arms in the bullpen.

Cueto hasn't actually pitched very well since the trade. Yordano Ventura has pitched more like an ace since he came back. They're pretty well setup. But the Jays are the hottest team in baseball and no team wants to face them right now. We'll see if they can keep that up for the next month plus.

I think the Yankees have done well to stay within a game of them, considering their torrid pace. Giving themselves a chance when they play heads up.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1174 on: September 03, 2015, 01:20:27 PM »

Let's go Jays!

The Jays Defence is what will win them the world series.  Pitching/bats comes and goes, but our D is feirce.   Tulo is a freak out there.  A true general.  And his bat is just getting going again.  He is a career .300 hitter, that is hitting .230.

Stroman is close to coming back at that gives the Jays another great arm.  He will be used out of the pen probably as a long reliever, or if they want to give Mark B or Hutch a night off
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1175 on: September 03, 2015, 04:45:38 PM »

Let's go Jays!

I think the Yankees have done well to stay within a game of them, considering their torrid pace. Giving themselves a chance when they play heads up.
They have played well enough to stay within striking distance, but let's not forget they had an 8 game lead or whatever it was not so long ago. At that point, you gave the Jays no chance of catching the Yankees. Well they have, and they could very well leave them in the dust when it's all settled.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1176 on: September 04, 2015, 08:59:17 AM »

You would think with as many ball games as there is, I would welcome an off night for my team.

Not a chance!!! 

Hope the rest did the Jays good

Lets keep this train rolling!!

Go Jays!
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1177 on: September 04, 2015, 09:21:40 AM »

Let's go Jays!

They have played well enough to stay within striking distance, but let's not forget they had an 8 game lead or whatever it was not so long ago. At that point, you gave the Jays no chance of catching the Yankees. Well they have, and they could very well leave them in the dust when it's all settled.

Agreed.

I also did not know at that time they'd play 900 baseball!

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1178 on: September 04, 2015, 10:09:39 AM »

Obviously, nobody knew that. And nobody knew they'd make all the trades to exponentially improve their team, except Bacon of course. But the Yankees are clearly going to have to play better than slightly over .500 if they have any chance of keeping pace with Toronto I'd think.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1179 on: September 04, 2015, 10:16:09 AM »

Obviously, nobody knew that. And nobody knew they'd make all the trades to exponentially improve their team, except Bacon of course. But the Yankees are clearly going to have to play better than slightly over .500 if they have any chance of keeping pace with Toronto I'd think.

I new all the trades the Jays needed to make.

I didnt think they would actually make every single one I called for.....

I thought Donaldson was going to have a great year in a hitters park, instead of that graveyard in Cali.  I never thought he would be having a MVP year.

Reyes seems like a great guy and is a good ball player, with good stats.   He doesnt make a team win though.  Gone are the stupid handshakes and smilling when loosing..   In is king Tulo...  Just a total pro.  I was calling for Reyes to get traded for over a year.  Didnt think we could dump that contract though..  And never thought we could pick up someone like Tulo instead..

I picked the Jays to win it all at the start of the year.  Only if they made the trades we needed.  I guess my screaming at them in Seattle in July worked.  Cause they made them.  And they are winning!!!!!!!!

Cant wait to party in Toronto on the 25th!!  3 games baby!

Go Jays!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 89 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: