Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:57:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2015 Baseball season/Off Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 89 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2015 Baseball season/Off Season Discussion  (Read 254962 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1200 on: September 07, 2015, 07:11:23 PM »

And now...Eovaldi shut down for 2 weeks with elbow inflamation. Uh oh....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1201 on: September 07, 2015, 09:32:08 PM »

Yep that can't be good.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1202 on: September 08, 2015, 09:31:05 AM »

And now...Eovaldi shut down for 2 weeks with elbow inflamation. Uh oh....

Just when I was starting to believe that he might have figured it out too...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1203 on: September 08, 2015, 09:49:39 AM »

Jays better start winning against these bottom feeder teams.  Damn this weekend series against the U.S. Kees is going to be good!!!   
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1204 on: September 08, 2015, 09:50:31 AM »

Jays better start winning against these bottom feeder teams.  Damn this weekend series against the U.S. Kees is going to be good!!!   

I have a feeling they are going to split 2-2.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1205 on: September 08, 2015, 10:19:38 AM »

Huge win for the Mets yesterday, momentum was not going in their direction heading into that series.  Hope that Harvey can set the drama aside and put up some zeroes today. 
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1206 on: September 08, 2015, 10:24:14 AM »

Huge win for the Mets yesterday, momentum was not going in their direction heading into that series.  Hope that Harvey can set the drama aside and put up some zeroes today. 

He really is special....

If this was his "plan" all along?

Why on earth did he bitch n moan earlier in the year about 6 man rotations??

Now USA today is reporting he will pitch maybe 2 more times and be on a 60 inning pitch count in the playoffs... If they do that... man... that is so unfair to the team, to the fans, to everybody but him.

If I was a met fan... I would never forgive him if he bows out. I get it... there is a lot of money at stake for him... but this would be unforgivable with the way he has handled it.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1207 on: September 08, 2015, 10:30:54 AM »

I have a feeling they are going to split 2-2.

I am think tv the same.  And I am ok with that.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1208 on: September 08, 2015, 10:41:30 AM »

He really is special....

Now USA today is reporting he will pitch maybe 2 more times and be on a 60 inning pitch count in the playoffs... If they do that... man... that is so unfair to the team, to the fans, to everybody but him.

If I was a met fan... I would never forgive him if he bows out. I get it... there is a lot of money at stake for him... but this would be unforgivable with the way he has handled it.

That's exactly how I feel.  I in no way begrudge him for wanting to protect himself physically to preserve his career.  We're talking upwards of $250M for his contract in free agency, which I believe is in 2 years for him.  What I don't like is him trying to preserve some plastic "warrior" image by creating the appearance that he's being kept from pitching against his will, when he and his agent have been driving that all along.  

I get it, that part has contract value too.  Meaning that he may possibly get several extra million more per year if he has a rep as a guy who will go out there for his team no matter the physical risk as opposed to a guy that quit on his team.  But that's dishonest.  Plus, it's not as though the Yankees won't still be giving him a shitload of money in the future even if he is open about him making the decision now to shut himself down.  
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1209 on: September 08, 2015, 10:49:12 AM »

He really is special....

That's exactly how I feel.  I in no way begrudge him for wanting to protect himself physically to preserve his career.  We're talking upwards of $250M for his contract in free agency, which I believe is in 2 years for him.  What I don't like is him trying to preserve some plastic "warrior" image by creating the appearance that he's being kept from pitching against his will, when he and his agent have been driving that all along.  

I get it, that part has contract value too.  Meaning that he may possibly get several extra million more per year if he has a rep as a guy who will go out there for his team no matter the physical risk as opposed to a guy that quit on his team.  But that's dishonest.  Plus, it's not as though the Yankees won't still be giving him a shitload of money in the future even if he is open about him making the decision now to shut himself down.  

I think he is eligible for FA in 2018. This is just such a clusterfuck.

They have a legit chance to have a parade too.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1210 on: September 08, 2015, 12:14:23 PM »

Just saw Joaquin Andujar passed away at 62, one of the great characters of the game.

http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2015/09/08/joaquin-andujar-1952-2015/

The Harvey thing has worn me the fuck out, have fun with that one George.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 12:49:24 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1211 on: September 08, 2015, 12:51:40 PM »

Just saw Joaquin Andujar passed away at 62, one of the great characters of the game..

RIP, sad to hear of him passing so young.  A Game 7 WS hero and a major cog in the Cards' 80s rotations... also, in stark contrast to Harvey, a horse who regularly gave his team 250+ quality innings per year.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1212 on: September 08, 2015, 03:05:56 PM »

Just saw Joaquin Andujar passed away at 62, one of the great characters of the game..

RIP, sad to hear of him passing so young.  A Game 7 WS hero and a major cog in the Cards' 80s rotations... also, in stark contrast to Harvey, a horse who regularly gave his team 250+ quality innings per year.

Andujar was a personal fav of mine growing up, the self proclaimed "One tough Dominican" was flat out nasty both in stuff and demeanor - a total throwback.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1213 on: September 08, 2015, 03:58:01 PM »

Gardner also hurt, jammed shoulder. Had injection, was supposed to be available today. Isn't.

Eovoldi out for 2 weeks, but then needs a 2 week throwing program. Gone til playoffs.

Tex still having significant pain in his shin, even after mult injections to the area.  Cash wondering aloud that he might be done for the season.

Together again,
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1214 on: September 08, 2015, 04:43:11 PM »

Gardner also hurt, jammed shoulder. Had injection, was supposed to be available today. Isn't.

Um, not good - should I drop Gardner on my fantasy team?

If he's not going to be reliable down the stretch he's just wasting one of my roster spots.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1215 on: September 08, 2015, 05:18:01 PM »

If he's not going to be reliable down the stretch he's just wasting one of my roster spots.

Hopefully its short term, but if he's not in the lineup by thurs...i would drop him.

Together again,
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1216 on: September 08, 2015, 06:50:30 PM »

Hopefully its short term, but if he's not in the lineup by thurs...i would drop him.

Thanks for the intel pilf, this is last week of my regular season and I need all my roster healthy going into the playoffs.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1217 on: September 09, 2015, 12:32:30 AM »

Exhausting game
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1218 on: September 09, 2015, 09:32:52 AM »

Wow, what a comeback from the Mets last night, I guess if they can blow 7-run leads, why not come back from them too?  Harvey was crap, he keeps going like that, keeping his innings down will be easy.  But who cares about him now... Let's. Go. METS!!!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1219 on: September 09, 2015, 04:05:34 PM »

Thanks for the intel pilf, this is last week of my regular season and I need all my roster healthy going into the playoffs.

Drop him. Its not sounding good.

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 89 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: