Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:18:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2015 Baseball season/Off Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 89 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2015 Baseball season/Off Season Discussion  (Read 254958 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1060 on: August 21, 2015, 11:40:39 PM »

The Mets need to do whatever it takes to keep Cespedes in a Mets uniform long term. He is on a complete tear. Tonight 3 homeruns, 7 rbi's 5 runs scored and a stolen base.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1061 on: August 22, 2015, 02:17:05 PM »

lets go Indians!!!!!

This is usually results in the Yankees coming back for a win..

But....

I cant help myself baby!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets go Jays!!!

Girardi decided to be nice to you.  He handed that win to the Indians by not using Miller to start the 9th....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1062 on: August 22, 2015, 03:01:07 PM »

Ruth, Gehrig, Joe D, Berra, Mantle..

Posada?

Seriously?

I love the Yanks history guys but the number retirement has reached shark jumping status.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1063 on: August 22, 2015, 03:58:35 PM »

Just fyi:

There are 13 catchers in the Hall of Fame. When compared w/ them, Posada is 5th in HRs, 7th in RBI, 9th in hits, 7th in slug pct, 10th in WAR. We won 4 world series (he might have 5 rings, but did not play much in 1996).

I agree...he might be a borderline hof player. But he has definitely earned his number being retired by the yanks.

I get the "retiring number" fatigue...but i would have had more of an issue with bernie's number going than i do with jeters, or pettites, or posadas. Those guys all deserve it, imho.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1064 on: August 22, 2015, 04:00:48 PM »

The yanks third base coach needs to be fired at the end of the season. Kills waaaaaaayyyyyyy too many rallies sending people he shouldn't.

Together again,
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1065 on: August 22, 2015, 05:07:13 PM »

The yanks third base coach needs to be fired at the end of the season. Kills waaaaaaayyyyyyy too many rallies sending people he shouldn't.

I think he is great

Give him a raise!!!!!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1066 on: August 22, 2015, 05:18:47 PM »

Just fyi:

There are 13 catchers in the Hall of Fame. When compared w/ them, Posada is 5th in HRs, 7th in RBI, 9th in hits, 7th in slug pct, 10th in WAR. We won 4 world series (he might have 5 rings, but did not play much in 1996).

I agree...he might be a borderline hof player. But he has definitely earned his number being retired by the yanks.

I get the "retiring number" fatigue...but i would have had more of an issue with bernie's number going than i do with jeters, or pettites, or posadas. Those guys all deserve it, imho.

Agree with you on Posada and Pettitte. With Pettitte if it hadn't been for his 3 year stint in Houston. He would be the Yankees all time leader in wins.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1067 on: August 22, 2015, 08:32:31 PM »

Just fyi:

As they say pilf, the only way Posada's getting in the HOF is buying a ticket - or going to Jeter's or Rivera's induction.

You're right the number retirement fatigue is heavy, I wish they'd save that honor for sure fire HOF'ers but that's obviously a direction they've chose not to go in.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1068 on: August 22, 2015, 09:28:50 PM »

Just fyi:

As they say pilf, the only way Posada's getting in the HOF is buying a ticket - or going to Jeter's or Rivera's induction.

You're right the number retirement fatigue is heavy, I wish they'd save that honor for sure fire HOF'ers but that's obviously a direction they've chose not to go in.

After Pettitte tomorrow you won't see anyone for awhile aside from Jeter. That one is a given since we know he's a HOF'r. After him though i can't think of anyone even close to deserving from those great teams of the late 90s.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1069 on: August 22, 2015, 10:23:22 PM »

Just fyi:

I don't think he's in...but i think its going to be a very borderline vote. If you look at his offensive numbers, and career duration...h's on the front step, knocking to get in.

But i think thats the point. He's a yankee great, but maybe not an all time great. Lots of organizations do that. He's not one of the immortals. But, throughout history, the anis haven't reserved the honor for just the immortals.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1070 on: August 22, 2015, 10:25:54 PM »

Just fyi:

After Pettitte tomorrow you won't see anyone for awhile aside from Jeter. That one is a given since we know he's a HOF'r. After him though i can't think of anyone even close to deserving from those great teams of the late 90s.

Yeah, that'll be it, i think, for quite awhile.  Arod might, maybe, possibly, be next. And that would be a ways off. If that doesnt happen...and i would say its even odds....i don't see any others for a good 5 to 10 years.

Together again,
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1071 on: August 22, 2015, 11:06:25 PM »

The battle of the MVPS is very one sided.

Donaldson is a beast.   And all you can hear in the crowd is MVP chants for him.  Trout must love this
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1072 on: August 22, 2015, 11:09:29 PM »

Just fyi:

Yeah, that'll be it, i think, for quite awhile.  Arod might, maybe, possibly, be next. And that would be a ways off. If that doesnt happen...and i would say its even odds....i don't see any others for a good 5 to 10 years.
Yep the next is likely someone still playing or yet to play in the big leagues yet at all. Perhaps one of our prospects or Tanaka or Pinaeda depending on their health There's no one though after Pettite and Jeter where you can point and say absolutely yes though.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1073 on: August 22, 2015, 11:51:38 PM »

Just fyi:

I don't think he's in...but i think its going to be a very borderline vote. If you look at his offensive numbers, and career duration...h's on the front step, knocking to get in.

I think he's a 35-40% max guy - and that maybe stretching it.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1074 on: August 23, 2015, 01:10:05 AM »

well that was a very fun jays game to watch!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1075 on: August 23, 2015, 02:15:50 PM »

CC out with apparent injury.

Together again,
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1076 on: August 23, 2015, 04:23:00 PM »

I just saw that, any early word pilf?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1077 on: August 23, 2015, 04:54:12 PM »

I just saw that, any early word pilf?

Right knee. Same knee he has had issues with. Apparently he has had it drained a couple times since spring training.

I teally think he might be done. I'm gonna guess it might be more micro fxs.

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1078 on: August 23, 2015, 05:01:14 PM »

He's been done for awhile. He just can't seem to adapt to diminished ability and learn to pitch to location like Pettitte did so well.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1079 on: August 23, 2015, 05:13:08 PM »

He's been done for awhile. He just can't seem to adapt to diminished ability and learn to pitch to location like Pettitte did so well.

It was that fight in a the Toronto night club that truely did cc in
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 89 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: