Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 09:08:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227844 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)  (Read 492994 times)
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #200 on: March 28, 2016, 12:45:31 PM »

Hang on..the European dates ain't cancelled so surely that's where they will need a singer first.

It's also the bigger venues.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #201 on: March 28, 2016, 12:55:37 PM »

Hang on..the European dates ain't cancelled so surely that's where they will need a singer first.

exactly. hence my question.
Vienna show is in less than 2 months. And if Johnson is not there... that'd mean Axl is.

We need to cross-reference GNR/ACDC shows to see if its possible.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #202 on: March 28, 2016, 12:57:08 PM »

I don't find difficult to believe that Axl will do something with AC/DC. If that's the truth, it's clear that it won't be just a song or two, but rather one or two dates. But 10 dates I think it's too far off.

About the different lightining in the photos: I believe the Axl picture was taken when he left the building. The ACDC members pic could be taken when they arrived there (hence why they seem to be walking away from the car and in towards the truck), BEFORE Axl got there.

I'm with  you on the "show or two" thing.  If they're doing 10 dates, I think EU can cry now about a GnR tour out that way.  Summer 2017?

On the lighting..maybe.  Could also be the opposite: Axl leaving first, then AC/DC leaving quite a bit later in the day, as the sun was going down.  Shadows in that one are harder to read.

The only thing we know is that, at the very least, the two photos are taken HOURS apart.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #203 on: March 28, 2016, 12:59:17 PM »

Vienna show is in less than 2 months. And if Johnson is not there... that'd mean Axl is.

Potentially POSSIBLE.  AC/DC's last scheduled show on the EU tour is June 12th.

It's POSSIBLE he would then jet across the world to start a GnR tour a week or three later.

But, honestly, I'm not sure that's good news if you are a GnR fan, quite frankly.  That's a pretty strenuous "warm up".

Together again,
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #204 on: March 28, 2016, 01:05:33 PM »

I'm Guessing the GN'R US tour will be July.

If he's doing Europe I'll be stoked. Got my ticket for Manchester!!
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #205 on: March 28, 2016, 01:08:32 PM »

It's POSSIBLE he would then jet across the world to start a GnR tour a week or three later.

But, honestly, I'm not sure that's good news if you are a GnR fan, quite frankly.  That's a pretty strenuous "warm up".

agree...good way to blow your voice out.  Undecided

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #206 on: March 28, 2016, 01:20:22 PM »

agree...good way to blow your voice out.  Undecided

I mean, IDK what Axl sings in the shower..but AC/DC are pretty demanding songs, vocally.  They have to sound a specific way to sound "right". AT least to me.  And these would be songs he's not used to singing, regularly, you'd think.

that's not what I want my lead singer doing, for 10 to 15 dates (or so), before a US tour meant to "relaunch" our band, and a reunion of the caliber this is.

But that's just me.  We'll have to see how it plays out.

Together again,
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #207 on: March 28, 2016, 01:24:29 PM »

In all fairness the AC/DC scheduleing is very singer friendly with a lot of downtime between gigs.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #208 on: March 28, 2016, 01:26:39 PM »

I mean, IDK what Axl sings in the shower..but AC/DC are pretty demanding songs, vocally.  They have to sound a specific way to sound "right". AT least to me.  And these would be songs he's not used to singing, regularly, you'd think.

that's not what I want my lead singer doing, for 10 to 15 dates (or so), before a US tour meant to "relaunch" our band, and a reunion of the caliber this is.

Oh, it's not just you.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #209 on: March 28, 2016, 01:35:44 PM »

Oh, it's not just you.

Recently Axls voice always sounds better half way through a tour or near the end.

If he gets all the voice, growing pains, out of the way, in someone elses band.

I am all for it
jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #210 on: March 28, 2016, 02:01:23 PM »

So what's that black square on him?
No photoshop, you say?

Hell has frozen over.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #211 on: March 28, 2016, 02:02:54 PM »

Recently Axls voice always sounds better half way through a tour or near the end.

If he gets all the voice, growing pains, out of the way, in someone elses band.

I am all for it

True. 

That's the glass half full view, I suppose.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #212 on: March 28, 2016, 02:02:57 PM »

Ok just think about it... Axl singing songs like Rock or Bust and Shoot to Thrill  smoking

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #213 on: March 28, 2016, 02:10:45 PM »

I don't find difficult to believe that Axl will do something with AC/DC. If that's the truth, it's clear that it won't be just a song or two, but rather one or two dates. But 10 dates I think it's too far off.

About the different lightining in the photos: I believe the Axl picture was taken when he left the building. The ACDC members pic could be taken when they arrived there (hence why they seem to be walking away from the car and in towards the truck), BEFORE Axl got there.

I'm with  you on the "show or two" thing.  If they're doing 10 dates, I think EU can cry now about a GnR tour out that way.  Summer 2017?

On the lighting..maybe.  Could also be the opposite: Axl leaving first, then AC/DC leaving quite a bit later in the day, as the sun was going down.  Shadows in that one are harder to read.

The only thing we know is that, at the very least, the two photos are taken HOURS apart.

The same truck is in the left of the picture, and if you street view that rehearsal space, it appears to be in the middle of a parking lot (but not in a spot... maybe a handicap spot) so I'm not too sure how far apart the pictures would be.

BUT it looks like Axl is just taking a breather outside, vs. the 3 AC/DC lads look like they are leaving, so that could explain the difference in time frames.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 02:13:30 PM by C0ma » Logged
sandman
Legend

« Reply #214 on: March 28, 2016, 02:18:04 PM »

it makes total sense that Axl would not leave at the same time as the members of AC/DC. Axl finished up and was outta there, and they stayed to talk about him while re-listening to some of his vocals.

Assuming this is happening, I really hope Axl fills in AFTER the GnR NA tour this summer. But those dates in Europe seem to be lined up just right for him to join, with the Guns tour then starting in late June.  they could also line up the US dates for the Fall between the US and South American dates for GnR. although who knows, maybe Dave Grohl or someone else will do the U.S. dates.

either way, I am worried that he could injure his voice singing those songs. and I'd also like the focus to be 100% GnR this year. But whatever, maybe this brings the reunion even more interest (assuming it goes well) since Axl will be in the news quite a bit.  

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #215 on: March 28, 2016, 02:25:55 PM »

As far as any strain on Axl's voice, he has sung ACDC songs for years. He doesn't have to imitate Brian's voice. He'd only need to be Axl singing ACDC songs. He's probably the closest voice out there to Brian's these days.

Somebody mentioned a black spot on Axl wanting the photo to be shopped. I don't see any odd spots. What I do see is the sun hitting his face the way I'd think it would be with the shadows behind him.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #216 on: March 28, 2016, 02:27:42 PM »

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #217 on: March 28, 2016, 02:35:48 PM »

If there was zero truth in this I'm sure one of the camps would have said so...

I don't think it's AC/DC's style to deal in rumours.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #218 on: March 28, 2016, 02:45:08 PM »

If anyone can pull off replacing Brian Johnson, Axl is the one.

As a AC/DC fan i hope that this will happen. Its all about having fun isint it?

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
sandman
Legend

« Reply #219 on: March 28, 2016, 02:49:27 PM »

As far as any strain on Axl's voice, he has sung ACDC songs for years. He doesn't have to imitate Brian's voice. He'd only need to be Axl singing ACDC songs. He's probably the closest voice out there to Brian's these days.

Somebody mentioned a black spot on Axl wanting the photo to be shopped. I don't see any odd spots. What I do see is the sun hitting his face the way I'd think it would be with the shadows behind him.

there is a black box on the TMZ site. I can't make out his shirt, but is that a topless woman? since you posted a pic without the box, maybe that is how it was originally on their site and the more recently added the box to cover it up.

personally, I never thought of it being photo-shopped. looks clean to me. and we know he was in Atlanta. and we have a DJ saying a very good source told him Axl met with AC/DC while there.

and not only has there been no denials, but we actually have management giving a no comment response. and someone from their camp (Malcolm Young's son) confirming it. once I saw that, I've been assuming that this is essentially a done deal.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: