Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 12:42:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227915 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NCAA College Basketball | 2009-10
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: NCAA College Basketball | 2009-10  (Read 21832 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2010, 06:32:29 PM »

I must say, I am worried about my Cats

we just play too lackadaisical for my liking. the team with all the talent but thinks they can win with that alone.

John Wall is also, maybe the most overhyped, overrated player of all time. seriously, there were UK fans trying to tell me he was Lebron or Chris Paul...... STFU

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2010, 08:10:56 PM »

a Carrier Dome record 34, 616 will be in attendance as the Orange ker-SLAM the Villanova Wildcats tonight!!!
With Kentucky losing earlier today, and Purdue just eeking out a 1 point win against a so-so Minnesota team this week, there's a chance Syracuse with a big win tonight can take over the #2 slot behind Kansas.

Cool.  Cool
How about #1?  Then again, Nova could win and Kansas could remain at the top.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2010, 11:21:21 PM »

Who's #1 fellas?  The 'cuse is in the house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Check this out:
#2 Kentucky (blue) loses to Ok. St. (orange)
#1 Kansas (blue) loses to Tennessee (orange)
#7  'nova (blue) loses to #4 Syracuse (orange)

pretty weird eh?   Cool

#3 Purdue lost their 2nd best player for the rest of the season, and tomorrow they face #14 Mich. State...wow man, we're always a great team, but to be #1 again will be sweet.  Smiley

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2010, 12:13:43 PM »

Who's #1 fellas?  The 'cuse is in the house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Check this out:
#2 Kentucky (blue) loses to Ok. St. (orange)
#1 Kansas (blue) loses to Tennessee (orange)
#7  'nova (blue) loses to #4 Syracuse (orange)

pretty weird eh?   Cool

#3 Purdue lost their 2nd best player for the rest of the season, and tomorrow they face #14 Mich. State...wow man, we're always a great team, but to be #1 again will be sweet.  Smiley
I think Syracuse should be #1 even if Purdue wins today.  They've only got 2 losses compared to 3 for Purdue, and have more impressive wins as well.  Even though they should have lost that game to UConn a couple weeks back.  Damn refs!

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2010, 06:55:38 PM »

Cuse is in the house oh my gawd oh my gawd!!!  Fuck yeah!
Ranked somewhere in the 40's before the season started...now, we're numero uno.
My mom will be at the St. John's game tomorrow night...then this coming weekend we end the reg. season with revenge on our mind...sorry D, Louisville's goin' down!  Smiley

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2010, 07:32:36 PM »

Syracuse shouldn't be number 1

i am sorry but I hate polls who punish teams for losing last.

Syracuse have way worse losses than Kansas and Kentucky.. so why should the fact they lost last mean more than the team who lost first?

I hate polls in football and basketball. 2 losses are 2 losses, so i think the teams shouldn't necessarily lose their rank because they lost.

Syracuse lost 2 home games. no way they should be ranked over Kansas and UK who lost 2 rough road games.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2010, 05:58:34 PM »

Syracuse have way worse losses than Kansas and Kentucky.. so why should the fact they lost last mean more than the team who lost first?

Incorrect. 
Syracuse plays in THE strongest conference BY FAR in the country and we are 5-0 vs. Top 10 teams and 7-0 vs. Top 13 teams.   Losing to Pitt and Louisville is not a shame, they are both locks to make the Tournament.
Kansas is only 4-1 vs. Top -18 teams.
Kansas lost to an unranked team that's 7th in the Big 12...7th in the Big 12 = bubble-team. (not a lock for the Tourn.)
Kentucky is 4-1 vs. Top-19 teams.
Kentucky losing to lowly South Carolina (a pure dog crap team) is embarrassing.

I hate polls in football and basketball. 2 losses are 2 losses, so i think the teams shouldn't necessarily lose their rank because they lost.

D, they didn't necessarily lose their rank because they lost...look at their entire season man.  Syracuse has clearly had the best year of all 3 teams.  Crushing #7 Villanova was an impressive win.  Even Bobby Knight stated nobody can beat Syracuse when they're on.    

Syracuse lost 2 home games. no way they should be ranked over Kansas and UK who lost 2 rough road games.

The other side of the coin D tells me Syracuse is undefeated on the road...guess what?  There are no home games in the Big Dance. Wink

Now Faldor!  UConn better get it rollin' in the Big East Tourn.  Actually, as strange as it sounds, I'd like my Orange to lose early in the BE Tourn. to get some rest.  In '03 when we won the National Championship, we bowed out of the BE Tourn. early.
GO ORANGE!  beer  beer  beer
Who's #1?  WE'RE #1   Cool

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2010, 06:30:21 PM »

Incorrect. 
Syracuse plays in THE strongest conference BY FAR in the country and we are 5-0 vs. Top 10 teams and 7-0 vs. Top 13 teams.   Losing to Pitt and Louisville is not a shame, they are both locks to make the Tournament.
Kansas is only 4-1 vs. Top -18 teams.
Kansas lost to an unranked team that's 7th in the Big 12...7th in the Big 12 = bubble-team. (not a lock for the Tourn.)
Kentucky is 4-1 vs. Top-19 teams.
Kentucky losing to lowly South Carolina (a pure dog crap team) is embarrassing.

D, they didn't necessarily lose their rank because they lost...look at their entire season man.  Syracuse has clearly had the best year of all 3 teams.  Crushing #7 Villanova was an impressive win.  Even Bobby Knight stated nobody can beat Syracuse when they're on.    

The other side of the coin D tells me Syracuse is undefeated on the road...guess what?  There are no home games in the Big Dance. Wink

Now Faldor!  UConn better get it rollin' in the Big East Tourn.  Actually, as strange as it sounds, I'd like my Orange to lose early in the BE Tourn. to get some rest.  In '03 when we won the National Championship, we bowed out of the BE Tourn. early.
GO ORANGE!  beer  beer  beer
Who's #1?  WE'RE #1   Cool

Props to The Cuse for really coming out of nowhere this year.  Not much was expected of them really, they lost an exhibition game to Lemoyne.  Yet, here they are, #1 in the nation.  And completely deserving.  Big East is the best conference in the nation.  There's no letup in the schedule.  The completely deserve to be above Kansas and Kentucky at this point.

UConn is just so frustrating.  They're so inconsistent.  They could really play with and beat any team on any given night.  But they really have no set offense, have no outside shooting, and they turn the ball over way too often.  I had given up on the season a few weeks back.  Then they won at Nova.  Didn't do it for me.  Then they cruised at Rutgers.  Still not enough.  Then they beat West Virginia at home.  That was it, they finally sucked me back in.  Two wins over top 10 teams in two weeks.  Things were looking good.  And then what happens?  They go out to a 13 point lead at home against Louisville only to lose the game by 2.  So now they're in a position where they need to win their final 2 Big East games on the road to finish 9-9 in conference play.  Tomorrow's game against Notre Dame is an elimination game to a certain extent.  If UConn wins, both teams are 8-9.  If ND wins they're assured of finishing at least .500 and UConn is out unless they can somehow win the Big East tourney.  No Harongody, but ND seems to have played better without him lately.  If I know this UConn team well enough, they'll probably win tomorrow and get all the Husky fans hopes up again and then lose at South Florida this weekend.  That sounds about right.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2010, 06:47:54 PM »

^Faldor, great post.  Yes, UConn is so frustrating.  There's a lot of talent on the floor, but you're right, it's a little chaotic.  You better have a lot of antacid and a strong heart if you're a UConn fan this winter!  hihi  Seriously man, I remember being at the gym watching UConn-G'Town on tv a few weeks back.  You guys had a huge lead.  Everything looked good...and when I got home later and checked the scores, UConn lost!? 

Up in Syracuse, we've just got a ton of balance.  We don't have a Player of the Year candidate. 
One thing I should point out as well, one of our best players, Wesley Johnson, had an injured swollen hand in our loss to Louisville.  In fact, he was hurt for several games, and still isn't 100%.

Don't worry D, S.U. will show ya what we have when we see ya in the Big Dance.  Smiley  beer
btw, 1996 wasn't fair when Kentucky beat the 'Cuse...you guys had a freaking NBA team on the floor!  All we had was a future NBA bench-warmer John Wallace, and a bunch of roll-players. (just some old sour grapes, venting!  hihi)

p.s. Faldor, you'll beat ND...and I still think you can beat S. Flor.  You better have a good BE Tourn.!  Being in the best conference in the country should mean something. 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2010, 04:09:53 PM »

Damn Axl4Prez, why do u have to expose my weak argument with so much factual shit? rofl rofl rofl rofl

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2010, 07:48:15 PM »

Damn Axl4Prez, why do u have to expose my weak argument with so much factual shit? rofl rofl rofl rofl

D, I love ya man!   beer
Usually, I just pull shit out of my ass to support my Orange, but I'll be damned!  They really do have a legit lock on #1...right now...and yes, I realize it doesn't mean jack-shit because nobody remembers regular season #1's.  It just makes an early NCAAs exit that much more disappointing!   Sad

Now let's give Faldor's Huskies positive energy.   beer

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2010, 08:04:52 PM »

In all honesty, I've been saying Syracuse are the best team ive seen all year

seriously, my UK team are BIG time overrated.

ohn Wall has no "J" so from now on he is ohn Wall

most overrated player since Greg Oden.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2010, 11:56:00 PM »

D, I love ya man!   beer
Usually, I just pull shit out of my ass to support my Orange, but I'll be damned!  They really do have a legit lock on #1...right now...and yes, I realize it doesn't mean jack-shit because nobody remembers regular season #1's.  It just makes an early NCAAs exit that much more disappointing!   Sad

Now let's give Faldor's Huskies positive energy.   beer
Didn't work.  Yet another disappointing effort from the Huskies.  Just a putrid effort on offense.  They're pretty much done unless they at least make the finals of the Big East tourney.  I've always been a believer that you don't deserve to dance if you can't finish at least .500 in conference play.  And the best they can finish now is 8-10.  I don't really care how good a schedule they played or what a tough conference they play in.  They had plenty of chances this year to get more signature wins and just didn't do it.  Here's to a high seed in the NIT!  Oh, how depressing.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2010, 11:08:24 AM »

Sorry Faldor, UConn's goose is cooked.  NIT here ya come.  no

The Big East will get at least 8 teams in (in my opinion) and I think the committee's gonna love Notre Dame and what they've been able to do without Harangody. 

Syracuse is getting their revenge on Louisville today at 2:00 on espn.  If Louisville manages to win in the last game at that arena, against the #1 Orange, it's gonna be bedlam in that place!  Let's make sure that doesn't happen.  nervous

I could NOT believe Louisville is a 1-point favorite against the #1 team in the country.  If I was a betting man, I'd put the house on Syracuse today!   beer

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2010, 11:31:16 AM »

Sorry Faldor, UConn's goose is cooked.  NIT here ya come.  no

The Big East will get at least 8 teams in (in my opinion) and I think the committee's gonna love Notre Dame and what they've been able to do without Harangody. 

Syracuse is getting their revenge on Louisville today at 2:00 on espn.  If Louisville manages to win in the last game at that arena, against the #1 Orange, it's gonna be bedlam in that place!  Let's make sure that doesn't happen.  nervous

I could NOT believe Louisville is a 1-point favorite against the #1 team in the country.  If I was a betting man, I'd put the house on Syracuse today!   beer
Yeah I was surprised to see that too, and I'd bet on the Cuse as well.  So since we both agree, I'm sure Louisville will win. 

I agree the Big East will probably get 8 teams in, they have the last couple of seasons.  I'm actually surprised Notre Dame hasn't gotten as much credit as they deserve of late.  I don't see why people think they're still on the bubble.  They have 20 wins, 9 in conference, they've proven they can win without Harangody.  I think they might be better than Georgetown, who they trounced on the road a few games back, and the Hoyas have been ranked (and overrated) all season long. 

And I'm also surprised that the "experts" still aren't declaring UConn's tourney hopes dead yet.  The consensus seems to be, if they can win 3 more games and get to 20 wins they could still get in.  Would wins against (for example) South Florida, Providence, Georgetown and a loss to Villanova be enough?  However, I don't really see them winning today at South Florida and I don't see how in the world you could allow a team into the NCAA's that finishes 7-11 in conference play.  That's unheard of.  Just a shame.  Dyson and Robinson have completely disappeared of late and teams are just collapsing the lane since their whole offense is based on Dyson or Walker driving to the hoop.  They're just awful.  Let's recruit some shooters for once!  Is it that hard?

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2010, 06:09:26 PM »

Rick Pitino is my coach of the year

all the stuff he had to go through plus all the losses due to graduation and NBA draft...

Watch out for UL in the NCAA Tourney.. they can shock somebody.

Goodbye Syracuse at number 1!

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2010, 07:24:27 PM »

Rick Pitino is my coach of the year

all the stuff he had to go through plus all the losses due to graduation and NBA draft...

Watch out for UL in the NCAA Tourney.. they can shock somebody.

Goodbye Syracuse at number 1!

That's what I get for jinxing my Orange!  No worries though.  It's a good thing to have the losses humble the team before the real games begin.  We'd have to really fuck up to lose the #1 seed.  Kansas, Kentucky, Syracuse, and Duke all seem to have the #1's locked up.
We'll see what happens...NO team is a lock to win this thing.  There is no one dominant team out there...and I like it that way.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2010, 08:00:59 PM »

Everybody in KY are so jazzed over UK and I hate being the negative one, but we have like 2 quality wins all season.. 1 at vandy and 1 at home against UT... that is it

so i am very worried about our teams lack of killer instinct and innate ability to lose focus during the games and they have the switch it on and off mentality which i hate.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2010, 07:35:39 PM »

Everybody in KY are so jazzed over UK and I hate being the negative one, but we have like 2 quality wins all season.. 1 at vandy and 1 at home against UT... that is it

so i am very worried about our teams lack of killer instinct and innate ability to lose focus during the games and they have the switch it on and off mentality which i hate.

D, I think you're right.  That said, another Kentucky team is who I'll be pulling for (along with my Syracuse Orangemen of course)...LOUISVILLE! is in Duke's bracket!  I sure hope Pitino can get in there and knock fucking Duke off!  Duke did not earn the 3rd #1 seed...even the CBS pundits said that was not right.  Go Cardinals!!!
btw, love how the NCAA committee also stuck fucking Purdue in as a 4 seed in DUKE'S region!  Listen, I respect Coach K a ton too, but he shouldn't get preferential treatment for God's sake.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2010, 01:57:36 PM »

Yeah, ridiculous how Kansas were penalized for being the best and Duke is rewarded for being in a terrible conference this year.

I restarted the HTGTH vs GNREvolution bracket battle. check your emails for invites.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: