Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 06:10:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227927 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Dj interview at LegendaryRockInterviews.com (Sep 2014)
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 76 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Dj interview at LegendaryRockInterviews.com (Sep 2014)  (Read 247665 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #880 on: October 29, 2014, 03:15:13 PM »

That's a fact based on reading enough of your posts.  Cheesy

Just a hint, don't argue about something you don't know with a person you don't know what he or she has seen/experienced/heard/read about on the Internet.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #881 on: October 29, 2014, 03:26:45 PM »

Just a hint, don't argue about something you don't know with a person you don't know what he or she has seen/experienced/heard/read about on the Internet.

I have no problem putting anything I say up for scrutiny and will gladly have a debate with anybody, even those lacking in credibility, such as yourself.

Mainly, because nothing will ever require the other person to forget everything they've heard and come to know, up to and including things they have seen and heard with their own eyes and ears...and instead except my sanitized version of events that doesn't stand up to even basic scrutiny to anyone blessed with the 5 senses.

That's not my deal.  I don't carry water.  Nor expect people to accept easily disproven nonsense.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 03:28:29 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #882 on: October 29, 2014, 03:33:13 PM »

My credibility? I'll give one example. You listen to bootlegs, I was in Taipei.

Funny how you argue that Axl doesn't do sound checks or rehearse with the band with someone who's seen it happen.

Trollolol...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #883 on: October 29, 2014, 03:40:25 PM »

My credibility? I'll give one example. You listen to bootlegs, I was in Taipei.

And I already told you that I thought that was the best new band show, did I not?  It was all of one page ago.

So I guess the great unwashed that have to rely on bootlegs instead of sitting on the side of the stage, our opinions soar up the credibility scale if they agree with you.

Imagine that.

Funny how you argue that Axl doesn't do sound checks or rehearse with the band with someone who's seen it happen.

If anything, that's even more discouraging.

If those shows we heard back in March were the result of him rehearsing and faithfully attending (and participating) in soundchecks....that's WAY troubling.

I'm going to stick with assuming he wasn't 'bout it, 'bout it.  And the fact he sounded so much better at the residency after doing a number of shows to be that he was rounded into proper form by then.

Allow me my ignorance, in other words.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #884 on: October 29, 2014, 03:47:44 PM »

I don't care about your preference of show X over show Y.

You made claims that Axl doesn't do sound checks or rehearse. I told you that's not the truth.

Don't state things as facts just because you think you know. You're making assumptions and that's it.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #885 on: October 29, 2014, 03:50:42 PM »

I don't care about your preference of show X over show Y.

You made claims that Axl doesn't do sound checks or rehearse. I told you that's not the truth.

Don't state things as facts just because you think you know. You're making assumptions and that's it.

If I'm so offbase, I'm not sure why you are so concerned with what I have to say.   I'm just some goober on the internet.

If you truly believe you have the straight dope, isn't that the bottom line for you?  

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #886 on: October 29, 2014, 03:56:42 PM »

When somebody, including yourself, makes claims/posts things here that I know are not true/don't agree with, I say so.

How many times do I need to say this? Doesn't really matter what I think of the poster.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #887 on: October 29, 2014, 04:02:37 PM »

When somebody, including yourself, makes claims/posts things here that I know are not true/don't agree with, I say so.

Yeah but, all due respect, you aren't going to big time me into silence.

If I hear something that sounds like shit, I'm going to say it.  And all the chest puffing in the world about how you were sitting at the soundboard or to the side of the stage with a camera in hand is not going to suddenly convince me I am mistaken, and it actually sounded great.

So let's just agree to disagree on this one.  And return to our regularly scheduled programming where everything you say is correct and I am the village idiot.

Onward and upward, brother.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #888 on: October 29, 2014, 04:08:37 PM »

Once again. Don't care.

All I care about is what's being said. If you make claims that I know for a fact are untrue, I'll set it straight.

We're not arguing about opinions here, it's facts.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #889 on: October 29, 2014, 04:12:12 PM »

Once again. Don't care.

All I care about is what's being said. If you make claims that I know for a fact are untrue, I'll set it straight.

We're not arguing about opinions here, it's facts.

Well, consider it set straight.  I have seen the light.

ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #890 on: October 29, 2014, 07:20:09 PM »

Wait, I don't get it. Wasn't this about whether or not Axl practices? So you think Jarmo is making it up that Axl goes to rehearsals and sound checks? Even when he says that he himself who has been to many a GNR show has seen Axl do rehearsals and sound checks?

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #891 on: October 29, 2014, 08:48:02 PM »

The longest show ever played by the band was show #4 on the tour. Using your logic, you would've missed it. And (possibly) the second longest one in Osaka as well (show #3)....

/jarmo

that only counts for new GN'R post 2001, because the longest GN'R show up to now provenly has been

August 03, 1991 - Great Western Forum, Inglewood, CA

Re-Union time, baby!!
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #892 on: October 29, 2014, 10:08:28 PM »

Wait, I don't get it. Wasn't this about whether or not Axl practices? So you think Jarmo is making it up that Axl goes to rehearsals and sound checks? Even when he says that he himself who has been to many a GNR show has seen Axl do rehearsals and sound checks?

Well, that's typically the goto move, yes.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #893 on: October 29, 2014, 10:09:44 PM »

The longest show ever played by the band was show #4 on the tour. Using your logic, you would've missed it. And (possibly) the second longest one in Osaka as well (show #3)....

/jarmo

that only counts for new GN'R post 2001, because the longest GN'R show up to now provenly has been

August 03, 1991 - Great Western Forum, Inglewood, CA

I believe its literally within a few minutes, right?

I have both bootlegs.  I checked one time and I think the time difference was about 2 minutes, if that, even.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #894 on: October 30, 2014, 12:05:13 PM »

It's been said for many years that Axl often doesn't rehearse or do sound checks with the band... (present and past). That doesn't mean he never has, just that often he doesn't.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #895 on: October 30, 2014, 12:15:56 PM »

It's been said for many years that Axl often doesn't rehearse or do sound checks with the band... (present and past). That doesn't mean he never has, just that often he doesn't.

Yes.  I think we?re getting hung up on semantics here.  I don?t think anyone?s saying Axl never rehearses?perhaps he sounded so good in Tapei because he rehearsed.  Jarmo, are you saying that he always rehearses?  I don?t think so. 

Jaeball?s right, it?s been said many times that he oftentimes doesn?t rehearse with the band?a simple perusing of Chinese Whispers confirms that (also, anyone remember the youtube parking lot clip where you could hear the band rehearing OMG with no vocals?).
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #896 on: October 30, 2014, 12:46:18 PM »

He also openly jokes about it onstage.

"This is my first rehearsal in 2 years".  That was 1991.

"Look what happens when you show up for soundcheck".  That was in 2012 after 'The Seeker'.

Yes, we are absolutely getting bogged down in semantics.  Which is very much by design.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #897 on: October 30, 2014, 12:53:48 PM »

Yes.  I think we?re getting hung up on semantics here.  I don?t think anyone?s saying Axl never rehearses?perhaps he sounded so good in Tapei because he rehearsed.  Jarmo, are you saying that he always rehearses?  I don?t think so. 

There seems to be a bit of confusion on the terms here.
A rehearsal is one thing, a sound check is another.

Sometimes they can happen at the same time.

Sometimes you might wanna do a sound check because the band has some new gear to try out. Sometimes you might wanna rehearse a song you haven't played in a while and so on.

Does Axl show up at every soundcheck during the tour just to hear the band work on some gear or a solo spot? No.
Does it mean Axl doesn't rehearse for the shows? No.
Does it mean Axl doesn't give a fuck about the shows? No.

/jarmo

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #898 on: October 30, 2014, 01:11:27 PM »

There seems to be a bit of confusion on the terms here.
A rehearsal is one thing, a sound check is another.

Sometimes they can happen at the same time.

Sometimes you might wanna do a sound check because the band has some new gear to try out. Sometimes you might wanna rehearse a song you haven't played in a while and so on.

Does Axl show up at every soundcheck during the tour just to hear the band work on some gear or a solo spot? No.
Does it mean Axl doesn't rehearse for the shows? No.
Does it mean Axl doesn't give a fuck about the shows? No.

/jarmo

Who says he doesn?t give a fuck?  Why bring that into the discussion?  It?s pretty common knowledge (even admitted from the man himself) that he doesn?t rehearse all the time.  Perhaps it?s just a coincidence, but it?s also pretty consistent that he sounds better towards the end of a tour than he does at the beginning.  Take this past year for example?he sounded much better in Vegas than he did in SA.  It could be for a whole host of reasons (can?t trust SA youtube clips but you can trust Vegas ones) but it?s also logical to think that maybe he didn?t rehearse all that much before the start of the tour, and used those first few shows to warm up. 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #899 on: October 30, 2014, 01:31:17 PM »

If things were that easy.

I think singing like Axl does is a lot like being an athlete. A tour is like a season.
Maybe you can score a hat trick in the first game and/or make a new record, but then you might "suffer" for it for the rest of the season. You have to take it into consideration. You have a long season that you need to get through.

Also, there's other things that can affect you. You can get sick and it doesn't really matter how well prepared you are if you wake up with a sore throat.

So you can come up with a simple "solution" that you think will be the best, but it doesn't mean it could work in real life.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 76 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: