Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:21:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: D  (Read 53662 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2004, 03:33:07 AM »

Great job, D!  ok  I usually don't expect to like anything that I hear on a board but I was pleasantly surprised with yours.  I wanna hear more!  beer

Oh, and Happy Birthday!

guys thank all of u for listening axlluvr2 thanks for the happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!! sweet cake!

guys i hope to have my cd finished in  a few months *soon is not the word* lol!

do any of u guys think i could get 5 bucks a piece for a cd?

i promise i have songs better then these that are online

a wise man named Conny told me to "make them expect less and then give them more

just like axl is doing in my opinion

most people will think that those two are my best so when they do hear my best they will be even more impressed where as if i hit u with the best off the bat the rest of the songs will slope down and i want people to hear them and think damn!!!!!!

im hard at work as we speak, just took a little break

Loretian thanks again for listening and the kind words

im startin to get a little freaked out, no one has bashed me or told me i suck yet, thats sorta what i was expecting

but hey u guys are givin me confidence and makin me believe!

anyway my scsi cable that connects my cd burner to my tascam 8 track digital studio is fucked up and until i get another i cannot burn any more songs onto disc and upload on the computer

but everyone thats listened please answer my question, based on what u have heard and my promise that i have 3 or 4 songs better and 3 or 4 as good does it sound like something u would buy for 5 dollars?

thanks again guys!

u all have gave me the best birthday present ever!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2004, 03:36:04 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
loretian
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2004, 09:51:19 AM »

but everyone thats listened please answer my question, based on what u have heard and my promise that i have 3 or 4 songs better and 3 or 4 as good does it sound like something u would buy for 5 dollars?

I'd definitely pay $5 for a CD.  I think you could probably even charge more than $5 - I don't think $10 is unreasonable, but hey, $5 is OK too.   ok

D, I think what's notably about your music is that it's solid all the way through - the songs are well structured, all the instruments are well played and sound good, the lyrics are pretty good.   I'm not saying that One Foot in the Grave is Sweet Child O' Mine or anything, but I think if it was mixed a little bit better, it could easily be a song you'd hear on the radio.  The fact that this isn't your best is also very exciting.   Smiley

Edit:  Just to clarify, in case there was some confusion, I meant that last sentence in a good way.   ok
« Last Edit: January 06, 2004, 09:32:58 PM by loretian » Logged
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2004, 09:28:15 PM »

i liked one foot in the grave alot better than welcome to releaty....  ok probably 'cuz its more guitar and less key's :p good shit, good shit..

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2004, 12:41:14 AM »

loretian i took that complimentary!

i feel like i have some really solid good songs but sweet child o mine, thats a timeless classic that will be listened to 100 years from now
plus gnr are the greatest band ever!

shit i have no songs that compare to that but i dont feel bad cause over the last 15 years there have been maybe 5 songs on that level

thanks captain!  im gonna lower the keyboards in the mix, im just happy u like one foot in the grave at least

more to come guys im recording my ass off as we speak

so just stay tuned!

loretian
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2004, 11:12:40 AM »

Awesome, D, I can't wait!

I worked on recording one of my own songs last night, and I even tried singing over it.  It didn't work...  the music was alright (imo, I made it because I liked it), but my singing was just a disaster.  The only worthwhile thing was that occasionally I would slip into this Tom Petty type of sleazy sounding singing, and for those few brief moments, it sounded alright.  I'm gonna keep working on it.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2004, 03:22:53 PM »

just keep working and working with patience

fuck ive got old tapes i recorded and up until bout 2 years ago i couldnt sing for shit but constantly singin along to axl,jon bon jovi, prince other r and b artist really tuned my vocals up

sing along with music

not necessarily metal guys, sing different styles even if u dont like the music, shit id sing everything from axl to dwight yoakam to brian mcknight to d'angelo

it really works your voice out

turn down the stereo when u sing

along time ago i thought i sung note for note with axl
that was only cause the stereo was loud, when turning down stereo i sounded like a howling dog so i worked and worked, axl is a hard fucker to sing with, shit!!!!!

my style is something i think really doesnt sound like anything out, i feel im original, i write what i know what i feel what ive lived etc

all my songs are from my heart and with all my pain and guts, im not a poser or anything, if ive wrote it ive lived it

i dont follow trends, i dont care bout being on mtv, if i have to be like todays bands on mtv id rather not be on there

im goin more for the cult indy type following, a close knit group of people who like my stuff and relate to it, im not that interested in being a huge deal or what have u

keep at it loretian, it took me 2 and a half years to finally write one song that was ok that i could listen to

i see now why people do this though

its sorta unbelievable when u write something and people like it, its a great feeling indeed!

Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2004, 06:17:08 PM »

loretian: D's right... just keep on singing! you'll get there... also, i HATE my voice.. i think i got the  most horrible voice on this planet... but people always said im a good singer... i know i can sing in tune... its just my vioce... i dont wanna sound like that!  peace

AxlsPiano
Rocker

Rock N Roll Will Return

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2004, 08:10:13 PM »

Well, im not going to bash you or anything, I just personally dont dig the music. Your voice doesn't appeal to me very much. I didn't find anything very catchy, maybe your big guns will appeal to me. I'll still give them a listen when you let us hear them. But as of now, its just not my cup of tea. But good job on putting the tracks together and stuff, anyway. I know that its not as easy as it seems. peace
loretian
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2004, 08:37:25 PM »

Thanks for the words of encouragement and advice guys, I really do appreciate it.

D, I am definitely going to take your words of advice on singing along to the music.  I can't get my voice anywhere near as high as Axl, so I think I'm going to try with some Wildflowers or Bob Dylan.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2004, 05:55:58 AM »

Well, im not going to bash you or anything, I just personally dont dig the music. Your voice doesn't appeal to me very much. I didn't find anything very catchy, maybe your big guns will appeal to me. I'll still give them a listen when you let us hear them. But as of now, its just not my cup of tea. But good job on putting the tracks together and stuff, anyway. I know that its not as easy as it seems. peace

thanks for the honest opinion

wow my first bad review nervous

im takin it pretty well but i like your whole "its not my cup of tea" thing

thanks for that, honestly

alot of times people go "that fuckin sucks" when in reality its not your cup of tea

for instance ive met people who hate prince, to me this seems not possible

but thanks for listening and the honesty!

loretian im gonna listen to your track a little later when i get some time

find your niche! thats the deal

u know i love prince, i love bon jovi i love gnr but i cant write like those bands i love which was a bummer at first but i just had to develop myown style

id love to write an estranged or a coma but i just aint capable

just sing from your guts and heart, write authentic lyrics and u will find someone to like it

remember *imtrying to comfort myself after axl'spiano not liking my stuff*

billions of people in the world more are gonna not like u  than like u

fuck thats depressing!

Laura
I'm not cute!!!
VIP

Swallow Choke And Die

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2004, 12:08:26 PM »

wow.... i have to say i see a lot of talent in it... its not my type of music that i typiclly listen to... but i still found it very good... somethin i would listen to regulary... i think ur lyrics are pretty good too good job!

And It Breaks My Heart To Know The Only Reason You Are Here Now Is A Reminder Of What I'll Never Have...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2004, 05:15:47 PM »

wow.... i have to say i see a lot of talent in it... its not my type of music that i typiclly listen to... but i still found it very good... somethin i would listen to regulary... i think ur lyrics are pretty good too good job!

thank u so much Slash'ssexyskater i truly appreciate your feedback thanks for listening!

journey
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2004, 11:40:35 AM »

I really enjoyed listening to these two songs.  Welcome to Reality has a cool hook and the guitar parts in One Foot in the Grave are amazing.  D has an awesome voice too.
If anyone hasn't heard these songs yet, they should definitely listen to them, because they're very cool.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2004, 12:22:59 AM »

damn, Im not having any luck downloading your second song, guess I'll have to try it when I get home tomorrow.
but keep up the good work D and everybody else!
from what Ive heard, singing can be a bitch, luckily Ive never been bothered with it since it's in my blood (mom's an amazing singer), and i can sing just about anything I wanna sing, my only problem have been to find my own true voice, and Im pretty sure Ive found it now. I play drums in the band Im in right now, but both the guitarplayers want me to be the singer, but I just don't have the guts to stand in front of a crowd and sing.....guess Im a chicken shit...
maybe I'll get there in time (Ive been there before though), we'll see guys ok

I'll tell ya what I think about your second song once Ive heard it D ok peace

Edited: D, singing along with Axl and Bon Jovi is good practise, but try to sing along with Perry Farrell (Jane's Addiction), now there's a real challenge, and if you succeed, Im pretty sure you will have a much bigger range in your voice when you're done! peace
« Last Edit: January 25, 2004, 12:29:17 AM by Kiedis » Logged

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
MCT
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2004, 11:45:04 AM »

"Welcome To Reality".......pretty cool....musically solid....and I think I heard some people shit on the keyboards.....well I think they add a nice texture/feeling to the tune..... ok

P.S.

I expected your voice to be deeper........steroids?..lol

EDIT: Nice melody......"One Foot In The Grave".....

Little advice though Kentucky........your voice has potential (IMO)......but you hold back too much..........let it out......I mean you can hold a note.......that's not the problem......it's just that it could be much better.....at least I think so anyway...........

Good luck with it all man.......
« Last Edit: January 29, 2004, 11:49:50 AM by MCT » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2004, 12:00:09 AM »

thanks everyone for listening, i have a job now so i ll be able to buy that scsi cable i need and i will post some big guns,

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2004, 06:53:06 PM »

final tracklisting for the debut cd from D its coming guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.welcome to reality*
2.If you were a tear *
3.altaration *
4.someday *
5.i wish you knew
6.one foot in the grave
7.you mean the world to me
8.death of me *
9. despair
10. lifetime of misery*
11.love is war*
12.lifes too short
13.cyrstin and destiny
14.scarlett*
15 valentine
16. unforgivable

* denotes what i consider as the "big guns"

keep checkin for info, this will more than likely be ready fall 2004!

Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2004, 06:56:58 PM »

cool... you make it your own or you have a record deal? (sorry if you said it once before)... would one be able to get the cd in norway? what are you going to casll it?

loretian
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2004, 12:47:00 AM »

Awesome news!  I can't wait, D.  Yeah, what are you planning on calling it?  Do you have an album art or anything like that?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2004, 02:29:54 AM »

the cd should be finished by the fall, unfortunatley i dont have a record deal but im gonna work my ass off and try to get one, im doing a forestry job right now fighting forest fires it only lasts till april 30th and it will give me a shit load of money to live on while i finish the cd

i will ship the cd anywhere, no ideas i thought of just callin it play ole self titled "D" but if anyone has any cool suggestions let me know and i might change my mind, i thought of calling it "altaration" or "lifetime of misery" but im open to suggestions more than likely i was goin with the common self titled, but if a cool name pops out id definitely consider goin with it

i have some songs on here that no one has heard yet im really excited about, i hope to have that scsi cable and i hope to be able to let u guys hear more songs in the very near future

website everything im gonna work on this summer and hopefully by the end of the year ill have things rolling

i will need help guys and if something works out ill remember u guys and help out in anyway possible

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: