Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 02:19:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227840 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Foot Guitar v2 contest. Only 1 month left....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Foot Guitar v2 contest. Only 1 month left....  (Read 1836 times)
Dark Angel
Rocker

Life is what happens in-between...

« on: August 16, 2007, 01:36:09 PM »

From www.bumblefoot.com

The Foot Guitar v2 contest will officially end on Sept. 15th, 2007. Immediately after, Vigier and I will begin the process of choosing the winning design, and the winner will be announced on or before Oct. 15th, 2007.

I thank everybody for your submissions.

Ron

Messages from the past year about it so you know what im talking about:

Feb 07:

Foot Guitar v2 contest continued...

Thanks to everyone from me and Vigier, for all your "Foot Guitar v2" submissions.  We haven't found the winning design yet, and want to help the process along with a few ideas...

Would rather it not look so literally like a human foot, the way the first guitar did.   Wouldn't mind going a bit darker, less comical this time around.  Can picture something with the look of dark metallic armor, or maybe something with sharper lines and more claw-like.  Or maybe something subtle, more of a classic rock vibe.   We're *not* looking for a modified version of the first foot guitar - looking for something entirely new.

Send your designs to Footguitarv2@vigierguitars.com - contest is open-ended, we're continuing until we find the winning design.  When we find it, we'll announce it at www.bumblefoot.com - Vigier will build one guitar for the designer, and another for me.

Appreciate the efforts of those who took time to design something, and those who will be submitting designs - thank you!

Ron Thal

Sep. 06:

So, the ol' "Foot Guitar" suffered some damage during the European GnR tour - busted wood, damaged wings... I spoke to the good folks at Vigier Guitars ( www.vigierguitars.com ) and we've decided it's time to create the "Foot Guitar version 2.0" - something new, something cool, something designed by YOU!

If you'd like to be the designer of the Foot Guitar v2, send your designs, drawings, photos, ideas to Footguitarv2@vigierguitars.com. Patrice Vigier and I will choose the guitar's design from all submissions, and the guitar will be unveiled in 2007.

Two of the guitars will be made - one for me, one for the designer. But maybe, if the guitar is really cool, it'll go into production, made available to all...

Looking forward to seeing what y'all come up with!

BfoOt

bfoot - "Life's too damn short to be upset about what you don't have ?
enjoy what you do have"
www.bumblefoot.com
www.baldfreak.com
suicide
VIP

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 01:45:19 PM »

Thanks for the message, I think I'll design one this weekend!
tomc102968
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 03:23:47 PM »

does the dates seem odd to anyone else or i am just soooo tired i am reading too much into it?
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 03:26:26 PM »

Did anyone here submit one?  If so you should post it  Grin
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 04:10:27 PM »

I submitted like 6 designs, i might come up with some more. I'd forgotten about the contest.

Glad to hear it'll finally end, hopefully Ron has some excellent choices to choose from.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 07:59:39 PM »

I wonder how many submissions he has received?  I hope they don't just show the winner...I would like to see some of the designs that didn't make the cut. ok

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 08:42:21 PM »

yeah, if they release a couple of the ones that were close to being picked each day for a couple days before the announcment of the winner.
icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 09:34:41 PM »

Does anyone know if it has to be designed on a computer or hand drawn? 
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 10:24:57 PM »

Anything  Wink

from what I've been told, theres been thousands of designs  Shocked
djcleaver
Rocker

deep waits...

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2007, 06:10:38 PM »

I talked to Ron about this topic in Osaka. He said he'd gotten alot of cool designs but that there was definately room for more entries. As far as what form submissions should be in, I cant say. When I asked for myself, he said,  I'd take it on a napkin if it's good enough.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2007, 03:31:39 PM »

I talked to Ron about this topic in Osaka. He said he'd gotten alot of cool designs but that there was definately room for more entries. As far as what form submissions should be in, I cant say. When I asked for myself, he said,  I'd take it on a napkin if it's good enough.

simple folk such as myself have a chance then  Cheesy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: