Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 24, 2024, 07:44:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227948 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Libertad debuts well below Contraband
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Libertad debuts well below Contraband  (Read 89407 times)
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #280 on: July 23, 2007, 12:11:32 PM »

Sure Weiland had some insults in some pretty big magazines, but so did GN'R back in the day when they were in almost every magazine you could pick up. From what we've been told a lot of those comments were either not said or were mis-quoted to change the actual meaning of what was said. for all we know this may be the case here too. I believe very little of what is said in magazines for this reason. That being said, Scott has said some not so nice things on camera about GN'R and Axl has said stuff about Slash and Scott that was uncalled for as well.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #281 on: July 23, 2007, 12:14:27 PM »

^
Only speculating, but VR use to be covered here, I think there were pics of u at a VR concert.

Yes, I saw them live.

I thought they were interesting live. I was curious to see what Duff and Slash were doing and never went to see Scott. I tried to see what people like Booker see in that guy but failed.

I saw GN'R in 2006. I knew that was what I had been missing. No need for me to look back or go back to trying to enjoy a guy who I thought was overrated in the first place.

The fact that the VR members keep talking about Axl just makes it seem like they're desperate to sell more records. I don't need to play along and promote them.

Did you listen to libertad?

I didn't get the cd yet. I was busy having fun and seeing GN'R in Japan.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #282 on: July 23, 2007, 12:17:13 PM »

Honestly Here is what I believe.

People were curious and bought Contraband, Didnt like it, so they didnt come back for the 2nd album.

this is the point!  scott talking shit about axl doesn`t matter.... it`s the music that matters. it`s a shame though, as i think libertad is miles ahead of contraband.

it was the same with their gig at rock am ring. they sucked in 2005 and people just didn`t give them a second chance in 2007... so they sucked even more, because the audience didn`t support them in the slightest way (and the sound sucked big time...)

people were curious in 2004, because of slash and duff. that`s it.

and if i remember correctly the VR news disappeared from the frontpage after this letter was posted on VR`s official website:

what a fuckin idiot...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #283 on: July 23, 2007, 12:21:23 PM »

Man, Junkies just don't know when to shut up!

Thanks for posting that WARose  ok

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #284 on: July 23, 2007, 12:27:56 PM »

i always laugh reading that letter.. it's so wrong all of it.. that what makes it funny.. just like it's sometimes funny to joke about nazism and racism and stuff like that hihi
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #285 on: July 23, 2007, 12:28:26 PM »

WARose, good call. ?I respect that you are objective, unlike other fans, and listened to Libertad and was honest about it. ?Like I tried to tell booker about Dixie Chicks, saying what is on your mind is not the best thing. ?Period. ?

I like both bands. ?

Jarmo, when GNR reunites, what will you do then? ?Because you know and I know it WILL happen. ?Check out the album, Duff and Slash do great.
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #286 on: July 23, 2007, 12:34:14 PM »

GN'R reuniting! NOT gonna happen!

Too much water under the bridge.......

Besides, have you heard! Guns N' Roses are putting an album out soon.........

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #287 on: July 23, 2007, 07:14:44 PM »

Are some suggesting that Jarmo's feelings towards VR have affected sales for VR?? When Tommy Stinson solo albums and Izzy Solo albums make the front page news and VR doesn't that does mean their is a slight bias against VR.?

I'm not gonna use my time to promote something I don't believe in.

A Tommy or Izzy solo record definitely interests me more than whatever the fuck this Scott character releases.

I know I'm not the only GN'R fan who feels that way.

/jarmo

I have to agree with Jarmo.  I think VR would be 95% better if they had a more "rock" sounding frontman.  Scott is ok for STP but not for VR.  VR is amazing but I think Scott is holding them back from being Great.  Don't get me wrong, Scott is great at what he does but does not fit in with Slash's style.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #288 on: July 23, 2007, 08:37:04 PM »

I would like to see what this band plus Billy Idol could have done.  But I like Weiland enough.
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #289 on: July 23, 2007, 08:39:45 PM »

Sales wise, probably not much, seeing as Billy Idol isn't really relevant these days. (His latest album seemed good but it went nowhere) Musical wise, it might've rocked.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #290 on: July 23, 2007, 08:54:23 PM »

when GNR reunites

How can GNR reunite when they have been playing shows for the past year and a half? Oh you mean those guys, who quit the band 10 years ago and tried to make sure the fans never could see GNR again, come back to the band? Too bad, it ain't gonna happen. Axl don't need those guys who tried to fuck the fans over....
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #291 on: July 23, 2007, 09:02:28 PM »

when GNR reunites

How can GNR reunite when they have been playing shows for the past year and a half? Oh you mean those guys, who quit the band 10 years ago and tried to make sure the fans never could see GNR again, come back to the band? Too bad, it ain't gonna happen. Axl don't need those guys who tried to fuck the fans over....

wow. Exactly... EXACTLY my thoughts.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #292 on: July 23, 2007, 09:42:25 PM »

Instead, there's now GnR AND VR, and we get to enjoy them both live and (in part) through new songs. (Leaks for the win hihi )

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #293 on: July 23, 2007, 10:12:58 PM »

Let's steer away from the reunion talk all, it's a dead fucking horse.

Back on topic please.

Thank you.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #294 on: July 23, 2007, 10:33:08 PM »

People will always dislike Velvet Revolver. They will say that Scott sucks and that GNR needs to reunite. They will spend allday bashing VR. I say fuck that.

If you like Velvet Revolver, cool. Keep listening. Keep talking about the band
If you don't like Velvet Revolver, cool as well. Don't listen, don't talk about the band.
To each his own. no two people like exactly the same music. Just because 3 ex GNR members are in VR doesn't mean every GNR fan will like them.

So, now if the public thinks Libertad is a failure, i cant wait for its followup to blow the public out of the water

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #295 on: July 23, 2007, 10:37:13 PM »

People will always dislike Velvet Revolver. They will say that Scott sucks and that GNR needs to reunite. They will spend allday bashing VR. I say fuck that.

If you don't like Velvet Revolver, cool as well. Don't listen, don't talk about the band.
To each his own. no two people like exactly the same music. Just because 3 ex GNR members are in VR doesn't mean every GNR fan will like them.

So, now if the public thinks Libertad is a failure, i cant wait for its followup to blow the public out of the water

Jizzo I agree, but the last line threw me off?  Are you excited for the follow up?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #296 on: July 23, 2007, 11:49:41 PM »

Scott just kind of brought bad Karma onto VR when at the R and Roll hall of fame he said "What will happen first, Nick Lachey in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame or Chinese Democracy selling 1 million copies.

I don't think LIbertad will sell 1 million..........

The album is really great though.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #297 on: July 23, 2007, 11:55:41 PM »

Jizzo I agree, but the last line threw me off? Are you excited for the follow up?

Yes, i think the next album will be great. I like Libertad. no its not the best album ever but i can still listen to most of it

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #298 on: July 24, 2007, 12:03:41 AM »

Jizzo I agree, but the last line threw me off? Are you excited for the follow up?

Yes, i think the next album will be great. I like Libertad. no its not the best album ever but i can still listen to most of it

If there is a 3rd, and grows from this, I agree, it will be bad ass!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #299 on: July 24, 2007, 07:50:21 AM »

People will always dislike Velvet Revolver.

Yes, I don't like them.

They will say that Scott sucks and that GNR needs to reunite. They will spend allday bashing VR. I say fuck that.

Yeah, he's overrated.

BUT GN'R doesn't need to reunite. Fuck that.

Axl didn't spend all this time just to throw it away on some fucking reunion.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: