Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 11:15:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 302 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates  (Read 1461432 times)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5500 on: May 25, 2017, 07:03:50 AM »

Umm.......What?!

ALL NEW NOT IN THIS LIFETIME NORTH AMERICA DATES, PRESALES TODAY

The "Not In This Lifetime... tour will roll on this fall with just-announced dates including two nights at Madison Square Garden and two nights in Los Angeles arenas!

The public on-sale doesn't start until Saturday, June 3 but Nightrain presales start TODAY at 10am local venue time! Join now and snag your tickets before everyone else.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Natalie
Headliner

« Reply #5501 on: May 25, 2017, 07:06:47 AM »

haha so much speculating and hype for a few more US dates  rofl

Athens 10/7/06 
Prague 4/7/17
Madrid 29/6/18 
Barcelona 1/7/18
Lincoln 15/10/19
Dallas 1/9/2021
Atlantic city  11&12/9/21
Madrid 9/6/23
Boston 21/8/23
Chicago 24/8/23
Seattle 14/10/23
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5502 on: May 25, 2017, 07:08:38 AM »

What a scenario.

I can't fathom the thinking behind this one AT ALL.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5503 on: May 25, 2017, 07:18:23 AM »

I'm anticipating additional shows looking at the spacing between dates.

MSG on Oct 11 and 15 could quickly extend to Oct 11, 12, 14 and 15.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #5504 on: May 25, 2017, 07:22:05 AM »

It's funny though...because that's pretty much exactly what I was expecting.....

The fandom sorta whipped itself into a frenzy.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #5505 on: May 25, 2017, 07:23:04 AM »

I'm anticipating additional shows looking at the spacing between dates.

MSG on Oct 11 and 15 could quickly extend to Oct 11, 12, 14 and 15.

They pick the TWO WEEKS I'm on the other side of the country to be in this neck of the woods!!  I fly out the 10th, and come back the 20th!  rofl rant

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5506 on: May 25, 2017, 07:26:02 AM »

It's funny though...because that's pretty much exactly what I was expecting.....

Sure did- but with hype videos such as they released, that's totally inevitable. You can't thrown intrigue out there and expect people not to start wildly speculating. Sad thing is, it's yet another excuse for people to give the band a kicking. Just looked at another forum - there's some pretty brutal responses to this.

zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #5507 on: May 25, 2017, 07:32:13 AM »

milking the sheep works perfectly Wink

Natalie
Headliner

« Reply #5508 on: May 25, 2017, 07:40:19 AM »

True, you can read all kinds of scenarios on the forum(new album, single, Izzy coming back, afd shows...) and then here comes an announcement that is irrelevant for 50% of the fans ( the non american fans).  hihi  It is not entirely our fault though. They had been teasing this for almost a week. There was not so much drama when they announced the new SA dates or RIR for example.

Athens 10/7/06 
Prague 4/7/17
Madrid 29/6/18 
Barcelona 1/7/18
Lincoln 15/10/19
Dallas 1/9/2021
Atlantic city  11&12/9/21
Madrid 9/6/23
Boston 21/8/23
Chicago 24/8/23
Seattle 14/10/23
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5509 on: May 25, 2017, 07:41:11 AM »

milking the sheep works perfectly Wink

This is a backfire. I don't think I've read one positive response to this news! Mental.

sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #5510 on: May 25, 2017, 07:43:22 AM »

Hahahaaa . How has the ole most dangerous exciting band in the world become so predictable and boring??
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5511 on: May 25, 2017, 07:56:52 AM »

I'll be at the MSG show. We haven't had these guys together in 23 years. I'm glad that things are working out for them. It means that they are getting along and want to work with each other. I think eventually there will be a new album.

People in that other forum need to stop complaining so much. Too much nonsense over there. 

Just to show how life works sometimes. On Sunday, I went to a wedding. Monday night, I had to go to a wake. Within 24 hours, I experienced both extremes of emotions of life. You never know what can happen in life. Just go out there and enjoy it!
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5512 on: May 25, 2017, 08:03:26 AM »

Hahahaaa . How has the ole most dangerous exciting band in the world become so predictable and boring??

Thing is though, ultimately the new dates would have been received OK if they hadn't dabbled in all this hype. Seems to me it was far more than any other tour date announcement (with the exception of the first ones of course). I've worked in PR before, and honestly, its regarded as a major problem if you over-hype something then disappoint. That's the ball that's been dropped here, and it's not entirely the fans fault. Speculation was always going to happen with those videos- and when that went crazy, it also could have been tempered a bit by solid and strong hints it was more dates we were talking about.

It's the core fanbase that they've pissed off with this- and while it's the casuals that are putting arses on seats to some extent at the moment, it's the core fans that ensure any sort of longer term viability. Some of the opinions I'm reading on this are pretty shocking really- and that's from fans invested enough to be visiting a GNR forum!

adydas78
Headliner

« Reply #5513 on: May 25, 2017, 08:13:01 AM »

"We're just getting started" and "Where it all begun".

If they are just getting started this will be more than just more shows added. The band been touring for over a year now. Simply adding more shows, doesn't justify the hype, with or without Izzy or Adler.

I see either the release of the Troubadour show, possible other NITL show and at least one single announcement. Or AFD re-release. Some sort of release with some shows in LA. I won't get disappointed if I'm wrong, it's just R'N'R. But this is the most likely scenario.

Will see tomorrow if I'm right or wrong.

Haha, I was massively wrong! Well, the hype didn't match the delivery. Anyhow, just rock 'n' roll, world won't stop now.
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5514 on: May 25, 2017, 08:17:36 AM »

It still says It's just the fucking beginning at the end. Hopefully they will announce something more soon. 

"...It don't really matter..."
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #5515 on: May 25, 2017, 08:23:23 AM »

i dont believe that !!!!! JUST A JOKE !!! BAD JOKE
sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #5516 on: May 25, 2017, 08:38:11 AM »

Thing is though, ultimately the new dates would have been received OK if they hadn't dabbled in all this hype. Seems to me it was far more than any other tour date announcement (with the exception of the first ones of course). I've worked in PR before, and honestly, its regarded as a major problem if you over-hype something then disappoint. That's the ball that's been dropped here, and it's not entirely the fans fault. Speculation was always going to happen with those videos- and when that went crazy, it also could have been tempered a bit by solid and strong hints it was more dates we were talking about.
Yeh that's what I meant pal , more tour dates great but why the big countdown like it was some great news , it's only news for those who live near there

It's the core fanbase that they've pissed off with this- and while it's the casuals that are putting arses on seats to some extent at the moment, it's the core fans that ensure any sort of longer term viability. Some of the opinions I'm reading on this are pretty shocking really- and that's from fans invested enough to be visiting a GNR forum!

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5517 on: May 25, 2017, 08:38:21 AM »

It still says It's just the fucking beginning at the end. Hopefully they will announce something more soon. 

A run round the (largely awful) European festival circuit in Summer 2018 will probably happen, unfortunately.

ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #5518 on: May 25, 2017, 08:50:42 AM »

And they even postponed this shit?? A standard announcement (after 1 year - yes - it's standard) of new dates is a big announcement?? Hope this won't be a new start of the old more bitter than sweet stuff, really.. I mean i really didn't expect anything, but I always hope something changes and look for something new. They haven't done anything more than announcing new dates so far, so wtf???
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 08:58:25 AM by ITARocker » Logged
Conan
Headliner

« Reply #5519 on: May 25, 2017, 08:56:00 AM »

Yep. I knew it would be our fault for getting excited over our favourite band promising the whole world something 'big' through facebook videos, radio station announcements and so on. What is 'big' is apparently a handful of new dates in North America only...

Unbelievable! 'The most dangerous band in the world?' Lol.
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 302 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: