Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 02:30:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227840 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses - Bergen Concert 05/31/10 - Discussion
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses - Bergen Concert 05/31/10 - Discussion  (Read 54863 times)
Spirit
Legend

« on: May 29, 2010, 10:55:45 AM »

Time to start the concert threads again, GN'R is in town!

Guns at Garage

Garage/Bryggen (BA): : Axl Rose's guitarist, DJ Ashba, partyed at Garage last night.

As usually, it was crowdy and fun in the club in Nyg?rdsgaten. Somewhat unusual though, Daren Jay Ashba (his full name) was among the attendees.

Some members of Guns N' Roses, who plays a gig in Vestlandshallen on monday, checked in at the SAS hotel friday afternoon. The main star, Axl Rose, arrives saturday afternoon.

SURROUNDED BY LADIES: The 37-year-old who grinds the axe in the band had some beer and was surrounded by female Garage guests. It was obvious that Ashba enjoyed himself in Bergen - maybe because the club's dj played tracks from GN'R's latest album. Dj Ashba replaced Robin Finck who left the band in 2008. Previously he's been playing in Beautiful Creatures and Sixx:AM. He's been a official member since March 21, 2009.

SKUNK GIVES PARTY PROMISE: Earlier in the afternoon, BA's journalist met with a member of the 40-person GN'R crew.

? I don't know where the rest of the band is. Usually they are staying at a nicer hotel, says a member of the crew who calls himself Skunk.

He's a keyboard technician.

Even though he's been traveling all over the US, he never met Axl Rose.

? I've met Dizzy Reed and Dj Ashba. They are two great guys.

He promises a spectacular show in Vestlandshallen monday.

? AWESOME!: ? We've just been on a tour in the US [I guess they mean Canada], and it was fantastic. Monday's concert will be spectacular. Now we have much more time to get all details in place, Skunk says.

? The production consists of video projectors and lasers among many other things, and he adds:

? It's gonna be awesome!

http://www.ba.no/puls/musikk/konsert/storkonserter/article5136423.ece
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 02:23:00 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 01:57:15 PM »

Guns N' Roses enjoyed themselves at artcaf?.

Guns N' Roses had some coffee and red wine while checking out art in Bergen friday night.

However Axl Rose, the main star and only original member of the legendary band, wasn't among those who visited Cacti Art Caf? friday night. For the owner (Nils Friis) of the caf?, it still was a pleasure to greet the band welcome.

? I myself is somewhat of a heavy rock fan, so it was quite fun that they decided to come here.

Drummer Bryan Mantia [they mean Frank I guess] and keyboardist Chris Pitman was among the visitors.

? They wanted a good, strong coffee first. Later in the evening they had red wine, Friis tells us.

LONG TALK: He chatted for a while with the Americans he says.

? They were very interested in art, and one of them wanted to buy one of the pictures. He promised to come back.

? We also discussed coffee and beer. We have about 70 different sorts of beer, the owner adds.

He also proudly tells us that the musician Anthony Johnson from Anthony And The Johnsons, and Sir Roger "James Bond" Moore have stopped by the caf? previously.

He secured himself visible evidence of the celeb visit on the wall in the ground floor.

? They signed the wall here, he says excited and shows the autographs.

http://www.ba.no/puls/article5136757.ece
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 01:59:58 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 02:31:32 PM »

Basically the next notice is from Bergens Tidene (a newspaper) who wants your GN'R fan stories.

Have you met Axl Rose?

Guns N' Roses is in town!

Have you met the vocalist Axl Rose on Torgallmenningen or at Fl?yen? Have you met and chatted with any of the other band members?

Give us your story! Send SMS/MMS til 2211, send an e-mail to 2211@bt.no, or call us at 02211!

http://www.bt.no/bergenpuls/Har-du-moett-Axl-1093352.html

Sweetness is a virtue
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 02:41:18 PM »

Hmmm.. i wonder if it Brain touring this time around.. or IF they meant Frank...
Anyway! Thanks for posting
 peace

Edit Pjaff: Naa.. by the signature they left on the wall, it is indeed Frank =)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 02:43:10 PM by Nytunz » Logged

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 02:43:19 PM »

Hmmm.. i wonder if it Brain touring this time around.. or IF they meant Frank...
Anyway! Thanks for posting
 peace

From what I could see of the signature on the wall, it says "Frank Ferrer". I guess the reporter is sitting on old info.

Sweetness is a virtue
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 02:51:54 PM »

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 04:08:17 PM »

News outlets in Bergen are devoting quite some space for GN'R today.

This is an article about all the Bergen-praising twitter messages from the members. "GUNS LOVES BERGEN"

http://www.ba.no/puls/musikk/konsert/storkonserter/article5136878.ece

Sweetness is a virtue
Manets
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2010, 11:36:52 PM »

Back to the old tour routine. Cool!

This concert will rock!
Ericnor
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2010, 11:58:39 AM »

Damn, now I'm really excited... only one day left before it all kicks off again.
Does anyone know at what time we should be there, to be sure to get the "pink bracelets" to be in "the circle" in front of the stage?

-Eirik

serp616
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2010, 12:10:33 PM »

lucky bastards in bergen Tongue
having the chance to hunt autographs since friday xD

oh well, hopefully one might bump into the boys as they leave spektrum for some signatures...
DemocracyRose
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2010, 02:12:37 PM »

How big are the venue?

Funny shit with the Axl Rose sighting thing...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2010, 02:29:39 PM »

GUNS N' ROSES CHARMED BY BERGEN

Monday night Guns N' Roses will kick off the European leg of the "Chinese Democracy World Tour" in Vestlandshallen, before they continue in Oslo on Wednesday. Reed is among the few in the band who has been in Bergen before.

- It's nice to be back. I've been here once before, doing a sideproject. It was February and really cold and dark I remember. We played a small place called... Hulen? It was fun, definitively worth the train ride, Dizzy Reed tells NRK.no.

Practiced without Axl.
The keyboardist of Guns N' Roses came to Bergen together with the rest of the band - minus Axl Rose - on Thursday, but the 46-year-old haven't had the time to see much of the city.

- I wish we were in the middle of the tour because I love Bergen, and I would want to see more of it. Hopefully I'll be back sometime on vacation, and will get the time to see the city and the fjords. That would have been really cool, Reed says.

NRK.no got to take part of the rehearsals in Vestlandshallen on Sunday afternoon. Frontman Axl Rose weren't present but will probably be there for the final checks before the concert on Monday afternoon. Keyboardist Dizzy Reed and guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal substituted on the vocals in some parts, other than that, the band went through the songs instrumentally.

The songs played while NRK.no were present were "Live And Let Die", "Sorry", "If The World", "Prostitute", "Rocket Queen" and "My Michelle". For those who are wondering: Guns N' Roses 2010 is an extremely competent and tight hard rock band!

The worst question
Dizzy Reed is the only one left in the band since they were really big in the early 90s. The keyboardist joined the band in 1990, and he has seen people come and go in an impressive tempo ever since. The break with Slash is a subject the band don't want to talk about, and Reed doesn't want to rip-up in the downfalls of the band before they reached a stabilized new group of musicians.

- What question regarding Guns N' Roses are you sick of?

- ?Where is Axl?? I've gotten that one for ages. So much for a while I almost thought it was my name. But I don't know, don't ask me, the 46-year-old chuckles.

New axeman
The latest member of the band is named DJ Ashba, and is the bands third guitarist. A spot he shares with Richard Fortus and Ron Thal. Without there being any chaos on stage, shall we believe the 37year-old.

- We share the songs amongst us. I do 80-90 percent of the Slash-bits, Ron does the Buckethead-parts and Richard does a lot of what Izzy did. Whatever fits our own style. We are very different guitarists, and do what feels natural, the guitarist tells NRK.no.

- Is it correct that the band performs without a real setlist?

- Yes, and that's what's cool about Guns N' Roses. I've never been in a band like this before. You have to be on your toes the whole time, because it all depends on the feeling Axl has each night. Usually he calls out songtitles, sometimes in a completely different order than the night before. I love it, and first of all great for the audience. You'll never get the same show twice. That way, we keep the spontaneity, says Ashba.

- Jam!
On the latest tour the group have played around with many cover songs, for example "My Generation" (The Who), "Sonic Reducer" (Dead Boys) and "Whole Lotta Rosie" (AC/DC). The last one is a song GN'R often played in the start of their career, and they blowed the dust off it right before christmas when the band played in Japan.

- It was Axl idea. Sometimes the guitarists just throws out a riff, and sometimes he joins in, like he did that night. We ended up with a real cool jam, and since that we've been playing it from time to time, Ashba says.

The concert in Vestlandshallen Monday night is the tour opener for Europe, and this marks the first time they've visited Bergen. Dizzy Reed promises the fans will get their money worth when Guns N' Roses takes the stage.

- A lot of good songs, spectacular entertainment, lights and explotions.. Quality entertainment!

Rejects reunion
- If I was to bet on the classic line up to reform, what would you tell me?

- If I was a bookmaker, I would definatenly take your money. But don't. You would have lost. Guaranteed.

http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/hordaland/1.7145662

« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 03:40:47 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
Ericnor
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2010, 03:16:36 PM »

GUNS N' ROSES CHARMED BY BERGEN

http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/hordaland/1.7145662

I'll start translating...

Hehe, the band rehearsing without axl today, oh well, guess he'll be there tomorrow afternoon... man, I cant wait now till tomorrow...

Lady Ashba
Rocker

Nice boys... & girls!

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2010, 06:11:40 PM »

Amazing!!! Would totally sell my soul to be there! Enjoy! beer
axlroselegend
Headliner

Irish Gunner

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2010, 06:23:31 PM »

Looks like Guns are enjoying themselves in Bergen...some good reads
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2010, 06:37:31 AM »

I'm ready! Bring it on!  =)

Stavanger-rock-city!!
Ericnor
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2010, 06:54:35 AM »

Alright, it's 12.48 pm here right now in my hometown... what a day, ready to take the bus to Vestlandshallen in a couple of hours... cant be too bad sitting in line for a few hours in this warming sun... : )

Anybody bringing updates from the show later tonight? Cant promise that I will do, but if no one else is, I might pop in on my HTC if I get the feel for it.

Anyways, gonna be a blast today!!!!!! Oh happiness!

-Eirik

superstarmc
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2010, 08:19:46 AM »

Is Jarmo or someone doing updates tonight?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2010, 08:31:53 AM »

I can't, I'm not in Bergen.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2010, 08:42:17 AM »

I can't, I'm not in Bergen.

/jarmo

I may get some MMS and SMS from the show.. but i dont want people there to worry about updating, but enjoy the concert.. so there wont be a setlist update form me, if not they decide to do it anyway =)

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: