Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:52:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses - Bergen Concert 05/31/10 - Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses - Bergen Concert 05/31/10 - Discussion  (Read 55028 times)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #160 on: May 31, 2010, 09:41:19 PM »

Axl supporting the West Memphis Three! Bad fuckin ass!

Not a fan here.

I love ya Axl, but here we disagree.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 10:32:21 PM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Christian
VIP

« Reply #161 on: May 31, 2010, 10:52:33 PM »

November Rain:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScwuFTzqDqM&feature=player_embedded

FUCKING GREAT MIX. I can hear clearly the bass and the drums are higher
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 10:54:08 PM by ChristianGNR » Logged
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #162 on: June 01, 2010, 12:20:47 AM »

gunsnroses    Bergen - you guys rockd! a fabulous crowd!!! thank you for coming out! Oslo! here we come!
about 1 hour ago via web

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
H76
Headliner

Human Being

« Reply #163 on: June 01, 2010, 02:13:51 AM »

Courtesy of Del: Axl wore a "Free The West Memphis Three" t-shirt onstage in Bergen for the first few songs.

It might be a bit unclear in that pic....

/jarmo

Very subtle way to show support for something he believes in.  ok to that.

Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul. ~ Wayne Dyer ~
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #164 on: June 01, 2010, 02:21:40 AM »

Love the fact that Axl wore a 'Free The West Memphis Three' t-shirt. ok

Thankx for the updates Guys !

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #165 on: June 01, 2010, 02:52:18 AM »

November Rain:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScwuFTzqDqM&feature=player_embedded

FUCKING GREAT MIX. I can hear clearly the bass and the drums are higher

Yo what the shit?!!! I was just digging the fuck out of the performance but then it stops before the kick ass part kicks in. Motherfucking what the fuck?! Great mix though I agree with you JesusGNR. But that is some bullshit.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #166 on: June 01, 2010, 03:36:49 AM »

Did Axl say anything to the crowd?
legolas
Opening Act

Vicarious existence is a fucking waste of time!

« Reply #167 on: June 01, 2010, 03:41:23 AM »

First YouTubes are in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZBZCV3sMLU&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcvADRTdLCU&feature=channel

Very cool!! Hope they'll come the The Netherlands....

230622-Groningen,120717-GoffertP-Nijmegen,060412-Ahoy-Rdam,100310-Gdome-Arnhem,
070206-GoffertP-Nijmegen,082402-Pukkelp-Hasselt060593-Goffertp-Nijmegen062392-Feyenoord, Rdam
Liquor & Whores
Rocker

« Reply #168 on: June 01, 2010, 04:13:56 AM »

Really cool interview with Damien Echols from the West Memphis Three in the new issue of Revolver Magazine.

Revolver: "What music have you been able to listen to? Do you still listen to metal and hard rock?"

Echols: "I'm not allowed to have CDs or an iPOD, so I'm stuck with whatever they play on mainstream radio now. Yeah, I still love metal, though. I think metal is the fountain of youth. It keeps you young. One of the local radio stations played the entire Chinese Democracy album by Guns N' Roses when it first came out, and I had tears on my face through the whole thing because of how magical it was. I heard Axl's voice, and it was like the past 17 years had never happened. For an hour or so I was 18 years old and free again."

Revolver: "You've collaborated with Pearl Jam and Michael Graves on music. Who would be your dream artist to work with?"

Echols: "Definitely Marilyn Manson. I love how he's constantly exploring new art forms and growing as an artist while refusing to let anyone define him. Rob Zombie is another one. He is an absolute genius. I'm also a huge fan of Nick Cave, both in literature and music, so to do anything with him would be pure magic. And Axl Rose, of course. There has never been a band that means as much to me as GN'R, no matter who else is in the lineup."

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=8301&p=1

"you nor anyone will ever dictate my actions" - Axl Rose
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #169 on: June 01, 2010, 04:52:10 AM »

thanks for the updates and reviews people, sounds like this leg kicked off with a bang!  beer
If only it were tomorrow...and I'd be on my way to Oslo..

What was the situation with cameras/phones at Bergen gig - taken away??  Tight security?
serp616
Rocker

« Reply #170 on: June 01, 2010, 04:59:01 AM »

oh my god....just watched vids for YCBM, LALD and NR....axl still sounds sharp as ever....oslo baby, here we come  beer
DemocracyRose
« Reply #171 on: June 01, 2010, 06:07:39 AM »

http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/hordaland/1.7147533

NRK are negative about the delay and a short concert...

Same with http://www.vg.no/musikk/artikkel.php?artid=10008034

Axl was in the airport 8.05...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 06:11:05 AM by DemocracyRose » Logged
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #172 on: June 01, 2010, 06:14:26 AM »

I hope they do but don't really see it happening, though let's pray to the gods of rock & roll n thunder that they'll come to Holland or Belgium or close !

Rock on Gunners !

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
Ericnor
Rocker

« Reply #173 on: June 01, 2010, 06:20:41 AM »

2 reviews of the show (4/6 in both papers, and of course they all commented axls late arrival.)
1 comment about one of axls t-shirts.

Sorry, dont have time for any translations:

http://www.ba.no/puls/musikk/konsert/storkonserter/article5139608.ece

http://www.bt.no/bergenpuls/Pyropakke-uten-sjel-1094508.html

http://www.bt.no/bergenpuls/Dette-er-Axls-budskap-1094723.html

kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #174 on: June 01, 2010, 06:54:59 AM »

Sounds like a great show! I hope they'll play more songs from CD in the future though. But nice setlist anyway, and must have been a great start for the show.. Chinese Democracy and Jungle followed by ISE Smiley

Can't believe I'm going to see them in a few days time.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
jordinho
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #175 on: June 01, 2010, 07:48:56 AM »

Typing this on my crappy phone, so I apologise for the poor layout and lack of smilies. Managed to get in the first group, so front row for me. Exhausting, but well worth it. Some random stuff about the concert:

Amazing show and the sound was absolutely incredible.
Set list maybe a bit short compared to other shows, but seemed like most people were only there for the appetite songs anyway. When Ron first appeared the guy next to me went: "it's Gilby Clarke"

During the encore Axl said something like: "less than 24 hours ago i'm sitting in LA thinking... I'm fucked"

Axl throws his hat to Chris who catches it mid air. Got a thumbs up.

Axl sneaking up on DJ during a solo in kohd to try and startle him. Didn't work.

Axl pulling Richard aside to show him a bottle with the label "dp". Richard had to think about it for a couple of seconds, but had a big grin when he got it. Ok, i'm just assuming he's thinking what i'm thinking. 
In the jam before NR Axl went something like: "if anyone wanna let me know what's happening, that would be nice". Talking about what they were playing I think.

Ron did the first part of his solo with a rose in his mouth before throwing it back to some girls in the crowd.

DJ did a solo running through the pit then disappearing under the stage.

A woman who I guess was Beta was sitting sidestage for a long part of the show, taking some pictures. Seemed to really be enjoying the show.
H76
Headliner

Human Being

« Reply #176 on: June 01, 2010, 07:59:20 AM »

Grin Thanks for sharing that jordinho.

Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul. ~ Wayne Dyer ~
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #177 on: June 01, 2010, 08:23:22 AM »

Really cool interview with Damien Echols from the West Memphis Three in the new issue of Revolver Magazine.

Revolver: "What music have you been able to listen to? Do you still listen to metal and hard rock?"

Echols: "I'm not allowed to have CDs or an iPOD, so I'm stuck with whatever they play on mainstream radio now. Yeah, I still love metal, though. I think metal is the fountain of youth. It keeps you young. One of the local radio stations played the entire Chinese Democracy album by Guns N' Roses when it first came out, and I had tears on my face through the whole thing because of how magical it was. I heard Axl's voice, and it was like the past 17 years had never happened. For an hour or so I was 18 years old and free again."

Revolver: "You've collaborated with Pearl Jam and Michael Graves on music. Who would be your dream artist to work with?"

Echols: "Definitely Marilyn Manson. I love how he's constantly exploring new art forms and growing as an artist while refusing to let anyone define him. Rob Zombie is another one. He is an absolute genius. I'm also a huge fan of Nick Cave, both in literature and music, so to do anything with him would be pure magic. And Axl Rose, of course. There has never been a band that means as much to me as GN'R, no matter who else is in the lineup."

Can we not post interviews from death row child murderers who just happen to like GnR music?

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #178 on: June 01, 2010, 08:57:11 AM »

Can we not post interviews from death row child murderers who just happen to like GnR music?
Not everyone has the same beliefs as you, so I'd say, Yes.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #179 on: June 01, 2010, 08:57:43 AM »

KV love ya but as you have noticed from this thread not everyone agrees with you on that one.
peace out

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: