Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 03:04:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227840 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses - Bergen Concert 05/31/10 - Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses - Bergen Concert 05/31/10 - Discussion  (Read 54864 times)
knut
Who needs custom titles anyway?
Headliner

« Reply #180 on: June 01, 2010, 09:00:37 AM »

Can we not post interviews from death row child murderers who just happen to like GnR music?
Being able to express different way of opinion; the internet is the shit

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #181 on: June 01, 2010, 09:04:12 AM »

KV love ya but as you have noticed from this thread not everyone agrees with you on that one.
peace out
Most importantly Axl doesn't seem to agree and he's obviously free to think/wear whatever he wants.  So it's really not worth arguing.

Anyhow, great to see the boys back in action.  Hopefully the next show starts a little more promptly.  Was there a curfew for this show?  Possible reason for a somewhat shorter setlist?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #182 on: June 01, 2010, 09:08:15 AM »

I didn't mean to start an arguement. KV and I know each other some, thats all. And sorry I am the queen of off topics. I'll stay on topic. lol
peace out.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #183 on: June 01, 2010, 09:28:24 AM »

Just read this about the ACDC show in Oslo the other day.  Guess that answers my question about curfews.

AC/DC Forced To Shorten Oslo Concert

by Paul Cashmere - June 1 2010
photo by Ros O'Gorman

AC/DC fans in Oslo on Sunday got a cutdown version of the show because of a plane malfunction.

The band was due to leave Berlin but their plane had a mechanical problem forcing AC/DC to look for another chartered plane.

By the time they made the alternative arrangements, they did not get to the stage at Valle Novin in Oslo, Norway until 9:45pm.

Norway has strict laws governing curfew and the band had to get off stage by 11pm. (They were through until 11:15pm).

However, the setlist suffered with ‘Shot Down In Flames’, ‘War Machine’, ‘Black Ice’ and ‘For Those About To Rock’ being cut from show.

Blabbermouth.net has asked the question if this was the first time ever since the release of ‘For Those About To Rock’ in 1981 that AC/DC has not performed the song in concert? It might well be.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #184 on: June 01, 2010, 09:37:32 AM »

I'm assuming the rules aren't the same everywhere?

AC/DC played an outdoor show.

It might also be in more of a residential area compared to Spektrum which is in downtown Oslo....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
knut
Who needs custom titles anyway?
Headliner

« Reply #185 on: June 01, 2010, 09:45:26 AM »

It might also be in more of a residential area compared to Spektrum which is in downtown Oslo....

/jarmo

In '06, I think the shows started at 'round 23 and ended after 01  beer

Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #186 on: June 01, 2010, 10:01:47 AM »

The show last night was ok/good...

From where we were standing the vocal was really really low for most of the show.

The setlist was great!

I was hoping for This I Love and I got my wish. Sadly Axl was out of sync with the music for the first half of the song.

All in all the band and production was great. Axl was not so great. Sadly, since he is the star of the show...

I'm off to Oslo tonight, hopefully the gig tomorrow sees Axl Rose on fire!

Stavanger-rock-city!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #187 on: June 01, 2010, 10:04:37 AM »

From where we were standing the vocal was really really low for most of the show.

You were in the front?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jordinho
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #188 on: June 01, 2010, 10:24:41 AM »

Where I was standing the guitars seemed a bit low sometimes, but maybe it was just the drums and bass being really loud. Vocal a bit low in the beginning, but got turned up a bit pretty soon. Axl didn't really interact much with the crowd. Seemed to be having a good time though.

Also, Tommy had a T-shirt on that said "Garage", a local rock club. At the end he did some poses for the gnr-photographer, standing on one leg, arms stretched out. Looked a bit silly, but all in good fun.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #189 on: June 01, 2010, 10:26:44 AM »

/jarmo

In '06, I think the shows started at 'round 23 and ended after 01  beer

Ah - fingers crossed then!  there would most likely be different agreements for indoor vs outdoor venues.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #190 on: June 01, 2010, 10:33:06 AM »

KV love ya but as you have noticed from this thread not everyone agrees with you on that one.
peace out

True, but the state of Arkansas and, soon, the Federal court of appeals agree with me.

There is very little that can stop his execution at this point. And there is a reason why the guilt of the 3 has been upheld at every level. The evidence is in the court transcripts which have not been represented in the documentaries.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #191 on: June 01, 2010, 10:35:47 AM »

peace out
Most importantly Axl doesn't seem to agree and he's obviously free to think/wear whatever he wants.  So it's really not worth arguing.

Anyhow, great to see the boys back in action.  Hopefully the next show starts a little more promptly.  Was there a curfew for this show?  Possible reason for a somewhat shorter setlist?

Axl isn't the final arbitrator though. He can be as misguided as Johnny Depp and the Dixie Chicks girl who outwardly accused the stepfather of one of the victims of the murder.

As I mentioned, I disagree with his position and wish more people would parse through the propaganda of  wm3.org. They have consistently lied about facts in the case yet their followers believe every word.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #192 on: June 01, 2010, 01:00:08 PM »

I'm so glad the tour has started off brilliantly once again.

I can't wait until it's my turn to see this band again. I hope everyone who went had an amazing time.

beer
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #193 on: June 01, 2010, 01:01:27 PM »

Ok, so I travelled from London yesterday to see Guns in Bergen. This is the 7th time I?ve seen them. I'm a huge fan of all line ups and think this particular line up has the potential to be fantastic. However, last night was a mess. The wait is normal, that was not my problem but the actual show was poor. There was no connection with Axl to the audience, who on occasion did not even get to the stage on time to sing. Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal was furious with Axl throughout for being late, which was obvious from the audience. He could not look at Axl. Ron apologised to fans at his Radisson hotel after the show. I think Axl's behaviour was a little disrespectful to the people who paid so much cash to be there. There was times in the show where I felt sad, I was looking up at my life long hero and realising he's possibly lost it. Physically he looks like a sad man. It's a saddening sight seeing Axl looking like the old circus ring leader having to haul himself on stage to join the younger sexier troupe.

Disheartened . And it's not just me read
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bt.no%2Fbergenpuls%2FPyropakke-uten-sjel-1094508.html&sl=auto&tl=en
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #194 on: June 01, 2010, 01:14:18 PM »

peace out

True, but the state of Arkansas and, soon, the Federal court of appeals agree with me.

You really think that the trial judge also serving as the appellant judge didn't have a role in Arkansas upholding the conviction? That's about as reliable and unbiased as cops investigating other cops.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 01:16:04 PM by AxlsMainMan » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
bangit
Rocker

Here Today..been on mygnr for past few years.

« Reply #195 on: June 01, 2010, 01:48:10 PM »

appears to be mixed reviews of the show so far.

I suppose given it was the first show in a while (maybe axl/the band were a little rusty? - dare i say..) and axl was very late, the reviews are not too bad!

set list looked good to me, sure the show rocked.

17 full songs, most bands do not perform for that long at all.

Rock in Rio Lisbon 2006, Download Dublin 2006, Sheffield 2006, Helsinki Live festival 2010, Leeds Festival 2010, Manchester 2010! 6 fucking amazing experiences! Where in 2012?Huh?
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #196 on: June 01, 2010, 01:53:08 PM »

Ok, so I travelled from London yesterday to see Guns in Bergen. This is the 7th time I?ve seen them. I'm a huge fan of all line ups and think this particular line up has the potential to be fantastic. However, last night was a mess. The wait is normal, that was not my problem but the actual show was poor. There was no connection with Axl to the audience, who on occasion did not even get to the stage on time to sing. Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal was furious with Axl throughout for being late, which was obvious from the audience. He could not look at Axl. Ron apologised to fans at his Radisson hotel after the show. I think Axl's behaviour was a little disrespectful to the people who paid so much cash to be there. There was times in the show where I felt sad, I was looking up at my life long hero and realising he's possibly lost it. Physically he looks like a sad man. It's a saddening sight seeing Axl looking like the old circus ring leader having to haul himself on stage to join the younger sexier troupe.

Disheartened . And it's not just me read
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bt.no%2Fbergenpuls%2FPyropakke-uten-sjel-1094508.html&sl=auto&tl=en
 It`s a shame you feel this way i think Axl was jet lagged and will probably get himself back in touring mood soon when you look at the other 2 legs of the tour he was great, don`t lose your faith  ok
Judas Fuckin Priest
Headliner

« Reply #197 on: June 01, 2010, 01:53:48 PM »

How much people attended this show?
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #198 on: June 01, 2010, 01:59:21 PM »

peace out

You really think that the trial judge also serving as the appellant judge didn't have a role in Arkansas upholding the conviction? That's about as reliable and unbiased as cops investigating other cops.

Thursday, April 26, 2001
The Arkansas Supreme Court rules on Judge Burnett's Order in which he denied Echols' Rule 37 petition. They affirm part of the Order and remand in part with orders to Judge Burnett to make specific written findings on each issue raised by Echols

Thursday, October 2, 2003
Oral argument before the justices of the Arkansas Supreme Court. Commercial Appeal: High court hears another argument in 1993 child murders

Thursday, October 16, 2003
The Arkansas Supreme Court denies Damien Echols' petition to reinvest jurisdiction in the circuit court to allow him to seek a writ of error coram nobis.

and it goes on and on.....

Thursday, October 30, 2003
The Arkansas Supreme Court affirms Judge Burnett's previous denial of Damien Echols' Rule 37 petition. http://courts.state.ar.us/opinions/2003b/20031030/cr991060.htm Attorneys for Damien Echols file a petition for rehearing of the Arkansas Supreme Court's October 16 ruling.

Thursday, August 18, 2005
William R. Wilson, Jr., U.S. District Judge for the Eastern District of Arkansas, issues an Order denying the State's Motion to Dismiss Echols' Petition for Habeas Corpus.

Thursday, June 26, 2008
Without comment, the Arkansas Supreme Court denies Baldwin's and Misskelley's petitions to reinvest the circuit court with jurisdiction to consider their petitions for writ of error coram nobis. The petitions are "denied without prejudice," which allows the defense to renew the requests later.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #199 on: June 01, 2010, 02:24:53 PM »

Guys seriously go take all this off topic stuff somewhere else please! The majority of people here don't care about it and only want to talk about the show.

As usual the band looks to be on fire in those vids, they seem to be getting better and better all the time.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: