Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 07:09:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl on Better music video and more
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 79 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl on Better music video and more  (Read 649489 times)
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #1400 on: January 20, 2009, 08:07:58 PM »

I imagine I live footage collage of several festival performances, plus some other spots featuring the live guest appearences in the 2006-2007 tour.

We all know Lars is gonna be there. But I can also imagine lots of Izzy, Bach, and some cool images of Angry Anderson, Kid Rock and why not Buckethead  Grin

Anyway, I'll be extremely happy just watching a new GNR video. It can be a black screen all the song long, but if I see:

''Better''
Guns N' Roses
Chinese Democracy [2008]

... I know I'll be excited!  beer

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #1401 on: January 20, 2009, 08:12:29 PM »

i wanna see this video already Sad

Chinese Democracy!
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1402 on: January 21, 2009, 12:14:31 AM »

According to some of your accounts, ya'll waited 15 years for Chinese Democracy.

Axl only announced the video one month ago.  Where's the fire?

I guess the release of Chinese Democracy was, in some of our imaginations, was going to be a coming out of sorts for Axl and the band.  Instead, we're two months post-release and we don't know who's in the band.  What's so wrong with having the opinion that we deserve something better than the nothingness that Chinese Democracy has been thus far?
nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #1403 on: January 21, 2009, 12:22:40 AM »

So we can assume it's a "live" style video?

AA.

maybe, but it dont have to be.. somehow i get the picture of a video like Paradice City

Huh but isnt paradice city a live video?
AC
Rocker

« Reply #1404 on: January 21, 2009, 12:34:23 AM »

AA.

maybe, but it dont have to be.. somehow i get the picture of a video like Paradice City

Yes it is. Thank you.

AA.

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #1405 on: January 21, 2009, 01:44:35 AM »

According to some of your accounts, ya'll waited 15 years for Chinese Democracy.

I guess the release of Chinese Democracy was, in some of our imaginations, was going to be a coming out of sorts for Axl and the band.  Instead, we're two months post-release and we don't know who's in the band.  What's so wrong with having the opinion that we deserve something better than the nothingness that Chinese Democracy has been thus far?

What's wrong is the idea that you "deserve" anything. We're free to purchase GNR products or not, to be fans or not. By doing so that doesn't mean we "deserve" for the band to behave in any particular way or offer us more than they are prepared to.

It's fair to say that we're surprised that not more is going on, but we don't earn anything by being fans, and we don't deserve anything because of the expectations "in some of our imaginations."

Nobody owes you ? not one goddamn thing.
DuffRock
Rocker

www.cafepress.com/patiencepays

« Reply #1406 on: January 21, 2009, 03:05:36 AM »

What's wrong is the idea that you "deserve" anything. We're free to purchase GNR products or not, to be fans or not. By doing so that doesn't mean we "deserve" for the band to behave in any particular way or offer us more than they are prepared to.

It's fair to say that we're surprised that not more is going on, but we don't earn anything by being fans, and we don't deserve anything because of the expectations "in some of our imaginations."

Ok but the word "deserve" isn't really the important part of what he's saying; the fact is that the way things have panned out post release has been completely illogical from a business and promotional standpoint.  Personally I'd obviously love to know who is in the band and I'd be stoked if I could see a video for Better with all the new guys and in the music biz pleasing the fans (also the wider public) and performing well financially happen to coincide a lot.

budmaster
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1407 on: January 21, 2009, 04:00:07 AM »

I'm not sure whats actually going on out there.....

But if there is a '3 month' deal with Best Buy then, to me, it looks like they're waiting for the contract to finish & then they'll start promoting it a bit more. There's not alot of point in throwing more cash at something thats only gonna sell a product for someone else.

I'd love to see a video of some kind, but i not expecting anything.
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #1408 on: January 21, 2009, 05:39:14 AM »

AA.

but it also has additional footage of sound checks, a great way of introducing the new members, any video footage of the BBF picture wearing Bubbles spec's would leave a lasting impression....

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #1409 on: January 21, 2009, 06:59:39 AM »

AA.

but it also has additional footage of sound checks, a great way of introducing the new members, any video footage of the BBF picture wearing Bubbles spec's would leave a lasting impression....

god, that would rule.  it would be hilarious and endearing and would attract many new fans who love the trailer park boys.  it would turn what's already a music video event into a major blockbuster.  it would be cool too if they mixed in photos of axl hanging out with celebrities, like when he was with michael j. fox and queen latifa.  it would send a very strong message to the haters that the real people who matter in this world still love and respect axl.
y2marmar
Headliner

I love the chosen one...

« Reply #1410 on: January 21, 2009, 07:15:04 AM »

AA.

Lol, that'd be great. I think a 'paradise city' style video would be a great video. Like you said, it'd really bring out the new members.

Jean Claude Jaquatee...because you know who you are...when you're you
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #1411 on: January 21, 2009, 07:32:09 AM »

AA.

god, that would rule.  it would be hilarious and endearing and would attract many new fans who love the trailer park boys.  it would turn what's already a music video event into a major blockbuster.  it would be cool too if they mixed in photos of axl hanging out with celebrities, like when he was with michael j. fox and queen latifa.  it would send a very strong message to the haters that the real people who matter in this world still love and respect axl.

that is the stupidest comment written in this thread. so celebrities are the ones that matter?

how about fan interaction?

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
Death Cube K
« Reply #1412 on: January 21, 2009, 07:53:45 AM »

Ok but the word "deserve" isn't really the important part of what he's saying; the fact is that the way things have panned out post release has been completely illogical from a business and promotional standpoint.

You said it there mate.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1413 on: January 21, 2009, 09:37:55 AM »

Lars talks about being in the Better video(4.30)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McouKgDv1hE

"I'd love to be in a GUNS N' ROSES video. It's my favorite song on the record ? I think it's a great song. I can't for the video to come out."  Smiley

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1414 on: January 21, 2009, 09:45:02 AM »

the media are catching this..
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=112875

Speaking to a METALLICA fan by the name of Bob Johnson who won the chance to go backstage and interview Ulrich before METALLICA's January 12, 2009 concert at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Lars said ...
"...There was a couple of clips of me in the video and they asked if I would sign off on it. When it got to me, I signed off on the one clip and that was something that happened?"
"I'd love to be in a GUNS N' ROSES video. It's my favorite song on the record ? I think it's a great song. I can't for the video to come out. There's a shot of me and Axl [Rose, GUNS N' ROSES frontman] embracing backstage at some concert, and I signed off that, and hopefully it'll make it in the final cut."

bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1415 on: January 21, 2009, 11:49:02 AM »

Sure I'm not owed anything, but that doesn't really address the question of what's wrong with the opinion?  At the same time I'm not criticizing anyone who's got this silly opinion that Axl's some god or superhero (even though that's plain retarded)...  But let someone express disappointment, and then the whole "nobody owes you" argument gets thrown out...  So you answered with an Axl lyric, to which I would reply "When you've got a job to do, you've got to do it well", but that seems not to have applied here.
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1416 on: January 21, 2009, 11:52:03 AM »

I'm not sure whats actually going on out there.....

But if there is a '3 month' deal with Best Buy then, to me, it looks like they're waiting for the contract to finish & then they'll start promoting it a bit more. There's not alot of point in throwing more cash at something thats only gonna sell a product for someone else.

I'd love to see a video of some kind, but i not expecting anything.

Did you hear it's a 3-month exclusive somewhere?  I heard a Fortus interview where he alluded to it being a 6-month exclusive. 
reed2009
Headliner

« Reply #1417 on: January 21, 2009, 12:07:12 PM »

there is something up on rollingstone.com about lars and the better videoooo

scraped
Axlspants
Rocker

« Reply #1418 on: January 21, 2009, 12:53:18 PM »

Do you think that the GnR camp are waiting till the best buy exclusive is over before releasing the Better video?

That would make sense if they thought that Best Buy had cocked up the release.
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #1419 on: January 21, 2009, 01:28:34 PM »

"I'd love to be in a GUNS N' ROSES video. It's my favorite song on the record ? I think it's a great song. I can't for the video to come out."  Smiley

Can't wait for the video to come out or can't pay for the video to come out?  hihi

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 79 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: