Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:40:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)  (Read 494376 times)
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #2260 on: September 26, 2016, 01:17:00 PM »

If Ratt can continue with only Bobby Blotzer, then anything is possible. .....

What stadiums are they headling though?
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2261 on: September 26, 2016, 02:28:01 PM »

Angus is in a pretty impossible position.  He's never going to be able to sell he and whoever as AC/DC. 

Look at what Axl went through.  Honestly, I hope Axl has told him in a private moment how tough it's all going to be.  Keeping the name let Axl still headline festivals and such.  But their own headlining tours got smaller over time, and I have to think Angus is facing the same thing.

AC/DC will have that small, dedicated hardcore diehard segment (like we had with GNR) that will shout until they are blue in the face that its all a straight line continuation.  But they we likely be about as successful as our bunch was in terms of selling that premise outside their four walls.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
bailyrose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2262 on: September 26, 2016, 02:50:27 PM »

JusTechniicl it Axl/DC and be done with it. Then they can have whoever they like to be in the band. Angus and Malcolm have tons of music written. Just record the music with Axl and call it Axl/DC. Technically it's still ac/dc because it's written by the young bros.... I think there's thousands of us if not millions of us that would love to have an album of these two icons together.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2263 on: September 26, 2016, 03:11:13 PM »

I think releasing an album with Axl & Angus called AXL/DC would be hilarious, and who wouldn't want to hear that album?  These two together would be so much more than a run of the mill "super group". 

But continuing as AC/DC? Man, that's going to be a hard sell now that Cliff's out for good too. Don't envy Angus the decision he's going to make here.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2264 on: September 26, 2016, 03:29:00 PM »

Angus could retire the name, and still play the material.  But I'm not sure that makes business sesne.

"The Axl Rose Band" was never headlining destivals without even an album.  But "Guns N' Roses" did, several times.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2265 on: September 26, 2016, 03:42:08 PM »

Angus could retire the name, and still play the material.  But I'm not sure that makes business sesne.

"The Axl Rose Band" was never headlining destivals without even an album.  But "Guns N' Roses" did, several times.

That's what I'm saying too. It's easy for fans to balk on the internet about Angus doing "the right thing" and all that...But none of us are calling the shots with a multi-million dollar brand. Again, it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't decision that he has to make here that I certainly don't envy.

...Bit who knows, just maybe Axl can figure out how to wrangle together the next Guns album while Angus is mulling the future of AC/DC over.
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #2266 on: September 26, 2016, 03:44:04 PM »

Brian Johnson quit touring but didn't say anything about not recording (where it's much quieter).

While there could be an argument that AC/DC shouldn't continue with just Angus, I think fans would accept an Johnson-Angus duo.

As far as touring goes, who knows. But the band can still record and make music.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2267 on: September 26, 2016, 03:47:41 PM »

That's what I'm saying too. It's easy for fans to balk on the internet about Angus doing "the right thing" and all that...But none of us are calling the shots with a multi-million dollar brand.

Which is how I always viewed Axl for those 15 years.  He'd have left a LOT of money on the table by "doing the right thing".  At this level, music is a business, first and foremost.

So I never begrudged him doing what he did.  

I just took issue with those among us living on god damn Fantasy Island that could never figure out that most people were just never going to buy in.  That's the other part of this.  Do what you want to do, absoltuely.  But spare me the phony suprise and supposed shock that the majority of people were going to turn up their nose.  That's something AC/DC fans will have to make their peace with.  I don't know what their version of "nuGNR" will be, but a good segment of AC/DC fans will likely also have some sort of dismissive moniker for what comes next.  

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2268 on: September 26, 2016, 08:18:10 PM »

I don't know about that.

I think the "Axl Rose and friends line up" would of sold just fine....   You are saying he wouldn't of been able to play, small intimate shows that the band did?   Residencies in Las Vegas?  Perhaps headlining these festivals would of been a stretch, but a up card position would of of been totally fine.

Sting left the police, he did it just fine

Peter Gabrial left Genisses he did just fine.

Hell Justin Timberlake left NSync and did just fine.

It would take a lot of effort though to build the Axl Rose brand up though...   All the names mentioned above, put out a lot of music.  Toured and built there name brand up.. 

I actually think Axl lost a lot of money by not using his own name and building that name up.  He could of had two successful brands.

This "reunion" would of always been here and would of been just as big either way.....
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2269 on: September 26, 2016, 08:32:28 PM »

Yeah, he would have had to sell the shit out of it.  I agree with you.

LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2270 on: September 26, 2016, 11:17:55 PM »

Angus is in a pretty impossible position.  He's never going to be able to sell he and whoever as AC/DC. 

Look at what Axl went through.  Honestly, I hope Axl has told him in a private moment how tough it's all going to be.  Keeping the name let Axl still headline festivals and such.  But their own headlining tours got smaller over time, and I have to think Angus is facing the same thing.

AC/DC will have that small, dedicated hardcore diehard segment (like we had with GNR) that will shout until they are blue in the face that its all a straight line continuation.  But they we likely be about as successful as our bunch was in terms of selling that premise outside their four walls.
H

We got nearly 15 years of touring and a Bad Ass album, so hopefully Angus will give it a try!!
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2271 on: September 27, 2016, 09:38:35 AM »

Anyone else hearing long time favorite AC/DC songs in a different way? Some thing I got wrong was Axl's choice of vocal delivery.. Dirty Deeds has been a favorite track of mine and for the longest time I envisioned Axl singing it in the baritone Mr. Brownstone/It's So Easy voice..With that being said I was blown away with the higher pitch delivery!! I'm so glad Axl went with an original style yet paying homage to the original songs and did not try to mimic Bon Scott or Brian Johnson..I keep watching various performances and would love a studio album of these songs..
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #2272 on: September 27, 2016, 10:17:12 AM »

My faves were Shoot To Thrill, Dirty Deeds, Have a Drink On Me, Highway to Hell, Riff Raff, Rosie, For Those About to Rock, Hells Bells, High Voltage... drool

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Annie
« Reply #2273 on: September 27, 2016, 12:43:15 PM »

I just don't see it that way
Having one of the greatest front man in history want to be part of AC/DC while he was in the midst of the biggest GNR tour since Use Your Illusion just doesn't happen every day
Rock and roll history was made and I think that magical chemistry between AXL and Angus could inspire future generations.

In hindsight I can see that DJ Ashba was no Slash
But AXL has practically brought Bon Scott back to life
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 12:45:25 PM by Little EMO Annie » Logged
nalafej
Opening Act

« Reply #2274 on: September 28, 2016, 07:26:32 PM »

Brian Johnson quit touring but didn't say anything about not recording (where it's much quieter).

While there could be an argument that AC/DC shouldn't continue with just Angus, I think fans would accept an Johnson-Angus duo.

As far as touring goes, who knows. But the band can still record and make music.

Nobody cares if they make new music. The interest is really in the live show...
AXL DEMOCRACY
Rocker

« Reply #2275 on: September 28, 2016, 08:22:12 PM »

Has there been any talk of an official live release happening from the AXL⚡️D.C.  shows? Would love a live DVD/CD to happen.

"The art comes first.  It dictates if not the course [then] the destination artistically." - W. Axl Rose
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2276 on: September 28, 2016, 09:10:21 PM »

Has there been any talk of an official live release happening from the AXL⚡️D.C.  shows? Would love a live DVD/CD to happen.
Don't know if there's been any talk of an official live release but AC/DC does put out little snippets from the shows on their social media so I think there's a strong possibility.

They literally put this on their social media within the past hour:

AC/DC ‏@acdc
Back in Black from the Greensboro, NC show ⚡️
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTVE9fh6XAw

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #2277 on: September 29, 2016, 08:06:12 AM »

Don't know if there's been any talk of an official live release but AC/DC does put out little snippets from the shows on their social media so I think there's a strong possibility.

They literally put this on their social media within the past hour:

AC/DC ‏@acdc
Back in Black from the Greensboro, NC show ⚡️
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTVE9fh6XAw

I need that dvd!

I think AC/DC can continue without Cliff.
Whats the big deal, its only rock n rock, you'd like it.
Axl fits perfectly in the band, they kick ass, a  new bass player could bring something new into the table. Chris Slade isint getting any younger tho.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #2278 on: September 29, 2016, 10:19:20 AM »

Nobody cares if they make new music. The interest is really in the live show...
Pretty sure it would be a huge deal for lots of GNR fans. Plus, it wouldnt be a regular AC/DC album, but one with Axl. That alone would bring a lot more attention and the media would sure be all over it.

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2279 on: October 02, 2016, 10:37:59 AM »

So what's the word on Brian Johnson? Is he officially done with ACDC?

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: