Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 02:38:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  what song do you like Chinese Democracy , If The World , Shackler's Revenge?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: what song do you like Chinese Democracy , If The World , Shackler's Revenge?  (Read 6540 times)
DuffRock
Rocker

www.cafepress.com/patiencepays

« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2008, 08:53:05 AM »

1. Chinese Democracy
2. If The World (song has potential to be very powerful and moody, the song in its leak form definitely needs reworking)
3. Shackler's Revenge (really dislike the song; it sounds disjointed and the lyrics do nothing for me)

KillKurtzKids
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2008, 09:46:35 AM »

If The world followed by Shacklers Revenge, then Chinese Democracy. I've not been a fan of Chinese Democracy since I heard it nearly 8 years ago. Good to hear them on the radio but I think they have a song which is much Better

Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2008, 11:09:26 AM »

Far and away, If The World is number 1 for me.  CD is #2, and Shackler's is third.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2008, 11:31:16 AM »

I don't get what the big deal about Shackler's is.

It is a awesome title, groovy, and Axl fucking rules in this song.

Who is singing underneathe Axl in the song? Not sure who that is.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2008, 12:53:34 PM »

1. "shackler's revenge": very cool song. love the solo and the guitars. chorus has a strong hook. prechorus sounds like franz ferdinand gone metal...

2 "if the world": wasn't sure at the beginning. the "lalala"-part is sweet. so is the solo. i dig the funky, groovy feel of the song. only problem is - i mentioned that before - axls voice right after the intro is a little shrill. that's ok, once the heavier guitars are added second time that part (the refrain/chorus) comes. they should have  taken that for the new james bond...  Wink

3. "chinese democracy": all in all ok, but there's a bit too much going on. bumbles guitars are great; the one sound in the chorus after the intro ("boohh") is out of place imo. still have to get used to axl doubling the vocals all the time. well, i like the song from the first verse on. up to that point i think it's a little too affected and too hard trying to be special.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 12:56:45 PM by whiny » Logged

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
Black Betty
Headliner

« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2008, 06:26:58 PM »

1. Shackler's is unbelievable, can't wait to hear the final mix. Don't think for a second its the same as Rockband 2's.  2. If The World is like no rock song i've ever heard, the new mix sounded totally different in the theater than the demo, much stronger and harder with a new beat. 3. Chinese rocks hard, easy 4 chord rocker with great vocals, solo's, guitar work and final production.
GeraldFord
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2008, 06:28:46 PM »

ITW
SR
CD
Olorin
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2008, 06:39:09 PM »

Shacklers - Sound effects irritate me, dont really care for the drum or guitars but like Axls vocal melodies.

If The World - Love the beat, bass, and funky guitars. The solo is stings like GN'R solos of old, I would love such a classic tone to be used on Madagascar big solo. Axls vocals dont do much for me, but I can apprieciate the simplicity of the song and its cool to hear a song thats obviously been the guys messing around jamming and coming up with funky wee song.

CD  - I always liked it, I always liked the way Axl sung it and it seemed to have a contemporary sound, from the guitars to the drums. Honestly I preferred the way it sounds on live versions, as good as it is the single does seem a little cluttered. But I still get a mega kick out of hearing it on the radio. I cant wait to buy the single and put it in my stereo to really judge how that versions sounds, the demo sounds amazing and I still crank it.

1. Chinese Democracy
2. If The World
3. Shacklers Revenge
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 06:41:46 PM by Olorin » Logged
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2008, 06:49:19 PM »

I love CD, kicks ass...great to hear new stuff on the radio.  Heard Shacklers in RB, 5 Stars (of 5), but totally different than what I would expect from GnR...both would be near the top of my GnR playlist...and If The World - what little I heard at the end of BOL - was OK - 3 of 5.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2008, 09:42:26 AM »

I love them all of course.  I haven't listened to SR or ITW since the 11/23 rumors started to really pick up, so for now I'd put CD first, followed by SR and ITW.  But when Shackler's came out, and before CD came out it was probably 1) Shacklers, 2) If The World, 3) Chinese Democracy.  It varies.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
plasmabeam
Rocker

"There livin' fast and they'll die young!"

« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2008, 12:37:28 PM »

Chinese Democracy... though it's probably because I've been listening to live versions of it for years.

I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2008, 09:36:53 PM »

Chinese Democracy in a landslide. I think it's really cool that they chose that as the lead single. Musicaly and lyrically it dwarfs the other two.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2008, 10:06:45 PM »

If the World musically could have been on Faith No More's King For A Day, Fool For A Lifetime, one of my all time favorite albums. You could totally hear Mike Patton singing those lyrics, even Axl's phrasing is a little Patton-esque. Which isn't to say that I think Axl is ripping Patton, I mean that as a total compliment, he really came out of left field with this song.

That song wins on so many levels, it's so atypical of what you would expect of a GnR song.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2008, 10:49:54 PM »

If the World musically could have been on Faith No More's King For A Day, Fool For A Lifetime, one of my all time favorite albums. You could totally hear Mike Patton singing those lyrics, even Axl's phrasing is a little Patton-esque. Which isn't to say that I think Axl is ripping Patton, I mean that as a total compliment, he really came out of left field with this song.

That song wins on so many levels, it's so atypical of what you would expect of a GnR song.
Agreed.  If The World is quite different from anything GNR has ever done.  I thought the same about Shackler's too though.  I know some compare it to Oh My God, but the first time I heard it I was quite surprised.  Chinese Democracy is the closest of the three to vintage GNR, which probably is one reason why they chose to use it as the lead single.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2008, 10:55:15 PM »

I'd rather hear SR.  Maybe because I don't like ITW and have been listening to CD for 7 years.

slash1213
Rocker

GNR42

« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2008, 11:12:23 PM »

Shackler's has been growing on me as the days go by.. It rocks.. Love to drive and play it very f... loud

11-30-1992 Bogota, Colombia
05-14-2006 New York, NY
10-24-2006 Sunrise, FL
10-27-2006 Estero, FL
11-10-2006 New York, NY
10-29-2011 Miami, FL
12-31-2011 Las Vegas
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: