Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 09:10:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227844 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses @ The Electric Factory - Philly Feb 27
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses @ The Electric Factory - Philly Feb 27  (Read 43910 times)
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2012, 02:20:36 PM »

Man, I hope Ron is alright for the Atlanta show. He f'n kills it on Estranged.  Undecided

« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 02:23:27 PM by sky dog » Logged

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2012, 03:21:30 PM »

Awesome show last night (yet again!). Partied at the bar right next to the venue for a while before heading in. Got a pretty good spot about 15 feet or so from the stage.  Unbelievable show. It sucks that Ron was hurting. So cool to see Used to Love Her, You're Crazy, and Civil War. That alone made it worth it for me! These guys should really record something soon -- even a live release would be great. It's amazing how great Axl is sounding (how does he do it?!?), and the band is incredible. It's obvious they are all having a great time playing together. I love the musical jams they do between songs. It was cool that Axl addressed the '02 situation. I was wondering if there'd be any mention of that, seeing as this was the first time the band has actually played in Philly since then. I just wish i could see the band again soon. Might have to use my passport!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 03:42:46 PM by inlikeflynn420 » Logged

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
sandman
Legend

« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2012, 04:10:45 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/user/pillgrimsprogress#p/a/u/2/3cZdwk-Vgg4

this is better quality of Axl talking about the Philly cancellation. it also includes the first few seconds which gets cut off in the other clip.

by the way, my three friends that i went with all called me today to say how great the show was. they can't stop thinking about it. my one buddy said "congratulations dude. your boy Axl proved you right....he sounds as good as ever and still puts on the best rock show out there." and this guy goes to a ton of concerts, and although he's a fan of gnr, he's nowhere near a die hard.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2012, 06:41:43 PM »

I got Axl's mic!

You gotta put an asterisk on that cause he threw it underhand.  Wink

j/k  Tongue
Very cool!!!  Congrats!   beer

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2012, 07:03:10 PM »

I got Axl's mic!

j/k  Tongue
Very cool!!!  Congrats!   beer

I don't get it...? haha
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2012, 07:16:32 PM »

I got Axl's mic!

j/k  Tongue
Very cool!!!  Congrats!   beer

I don't get it...? haha

Congrats Cotis, it was bound to happen eventually!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2012, 07:38:46 PM »

Such an amazing show. Axl sounded fantastic! Really good. This was my 6th time seeing GNR and probably the best (I may have liked Roseland Ballroom better because I had a fucking epic spot on the rail at that one).

Axl talked about the Philly incident of 02. At first it seemed like he was playing the blame game and putting it on everyone else's shoulders but then he said he wasn't innocent in all of it and apologised. He also apologised again at the end of the show. It was really awesome of him to do. He really seemed like he was trying to make up for the incident. Just an awesome show. And he mentioned how he loved Philly. Really won anyone in the crowd that may have still been bitter, back over.

I got to see Your Crazy and Used To Love Her for the first time!

One thing I need to talk about is Ron...Jesus christ that man is a legend. I don't know how he does it. He was in bad pain the entire show. I think after Rocket Queen he went behind the stage and just stayed there for several songs. From Richards solo to the middle of SCOM he wasn't on stage (I may be off on that). I saw him behind the stage leaning against the back of the stage. He came back during SCOM right before his solo. Before his Pink Panther theme Axl told the crowd his back was fucking with him that night. He was clearly in a lot of pain all night. During his Pink Panther solo he let out a huge yell that I think everyone in the venue must have heard. For a lot of songs he only came out to do his solo. For example in November Rain he stayed backstage leaning against the stage for the entire song until the end when he had to solo. A lot of the things he usually does like go to front/center for the Maddy jam didn't happen. He couldn't even take his guitars off by himself. His guitar tech had to do it for him (very gently). Ron Thal is god. I can't believe how devoted he is to the fans to continue the show under that kind of pain. Thank you Bumblefoot....

...and thank you GNR!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 07:41:36 PM by CIAT » Logged

Broski
Montrealrocks
Rocker

Get on board...or fuck off!

« Reply #87 on: February 29, 2012, 08:39:11 AM »

Show not complete..but only miss couple of songs.  GLad some shows are filmed pretty good!
http://gnrworld.net/2012/02/28/the-electric-factory-set-list-pictures-and-videos/

@gnrworld on twitter

Montreal 17/05/88
Montreal 08/08/1992
New York 14/05/2006
Ottawa 17/11/2006
Quebec 18/11/2006
Montreal 27/01/2010
Quebec 01/02/2010
Quebec 12/07/2013
Montreal 14/07/2
uzi suicide records
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #88 on: February 29, 2012, 02:06:34 PM »

has anyone who was there after the show out back who met axl seen the pic they took ..? they said they would post it?Huh?
AXL DEMOCRACY
Rocker

« Reply #89 on: February 29, 2012, 02:13:36 PM »

Here's some footage.  A shame these autograph hounds ruin it for the fans with their greedy agendas. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w6FKZp8XsQ

"The art comes first.  It dictates if not the course [then] the destination artistically." - W. Axl Rose
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #90 on: March 01, 2012, 12:54:05 AM »

So Destry and I were hanging during the show, walking around having a drink, bite to eat, etc. - something that I have never been able to do at a GNR show. I'm usually up front against the rail or in a seat with a friend. We got separated towards the end and planned on meeting up by the one bar, so I said "hell, might as well give it a shot" (to get the mic). So during PC I slowly start creeping from left to right on the floor, about 3/4 way back. I get to a spot where Axl threw the whistle and remembered he usually chucks the mic a little deeper. Stepped about 6 feet back, and was perfect. Axl threw the mic, hit a dudes hand about 3 feet to my right and bounced around. I saw everyone scramble and the bright RED LED (ON) switch and GREEN LED SCREEN was laying right there, staring me in the face! So I reached down quick and turned off the mic, put it in my jacket and turned my camera phone LED light on to "help look" on the floor for it. No one seemed to find it nor have a clue that I had it! Walked over to destry, grinned nice and big and he said "whats up??". Showed him the mic and I think his words were something to the tune of "Wow, karma my friend. Even though I want to punch you in the face."

15 (maybe 16? I have to count..) shows this tour and after all the pics and stuff that I received, hanging out with the guys, meeting everyone, partying - this was the utmost perfect moment ever. I now have Axl's mic from the first Philly show in...however long. I can probably get a red cap that is usually on it from the guys, but I'm thinking this adds a little character to it. Once I get it signed, it's going in a frame with all my other 2011/2012 stuff from this tour and I CANNOT fucking wait.

Thank you to everyone - beta, fernando, etc. etc. - for the great tour so far and for making some awesome unforgettable memories for me in the past few months.

A big thank you to destry for driving me to my car (which was NOT locked up in a secure parking lot as promised...) so that no one would mug me with the mic! ok

BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #91 on: March 01, 2012, 01:07:30 AM »

has anyone who was there after the show out back who met axl seen the pic they took ..? they said they would post it?Huh?

Give Fernando some time. He's a damn good dude - he said that he'll post it, and he's a man of his word.  ok

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #92 on: March 01, 2012, 08:07:15 AM »

Damn just watched the YVBM clip. Wow fucking amazing!!! I can't believe I didn't get too go too one of these shows! Axl, it's easy to see you are building up the band with the public and true fans all over again. Man, it is so working!!! These guys are freakin awesome! And getting even better every night!!! Ron love you man keep your chin up. hugs

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
uzi suicide records
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #93 on: March 01, 2012, 08:55:20 AM »

Give Fernando some time. He's a damn good dude - he said that he'll post it, and he's a man of his word.  ok yea idk about all that i almost asked him for the camera, cause i doubt he gives a shit, my phone was dead i cant believe it!!!!!!! all because my bitch ex was sending me huge emails, anyone got pics? young dude said he'd send me some pics but i doubt he gives a shit either"
uzi suicide records
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #94 on: March 01, 2012, 12:22:00 PM »

anyone video tape the show?
Estranged#9
Rocker

"maybe i'l get it right next time..?."

« Reply #95 on: March 02, 2012, 12:31:51 AM »

So Destry and I were hanging during the show, walking around having a drink, bite to eat, etc. - something that I have never been able to do at a GNR show. I'm usually up front against the rail or in a seat with a friend. We got separated towards the end and planned on meeting up by the one bar, so I said "hell, might as well give it a shot" (to get the mic). So during PC I slowly start creeping from left to right on the floor, about 3/4 way back. I get to a spot where Axl threw the whistle and remembered he usually chucks the mic a little deeper. Stepped about 6 feet back, and was perfect. Axl threw the mic, hit a dudes hand about 3 feet to my right and bounced around. I saw everyone scramble and the bright RED LED (ON) switch and GREEN LED SCREEN was laying right there, staring me in the face! So I reached down quick and turned off the mic, put it in my jacket and turned my camera phone LED light on to "help look" on the floor for it. No one seemed to find it nor have a clue that I had it! Walked over to destry, grinned nice and big and he said "whats up??". Showed him the mic and I think his words were something to the tune of "Wow, karma my friend. Even though I want to punch you in the face."

15 (maybe 16? I have to count..) shows this tour and after all the pics and stuff that I received, hanging out with the guys, meeting everyone, partying - this was the utmost perfect moment ever. I now have Axl's mic from the first Philly show in...however long. I can probably get a red cap that is usually on it from the guys, but I'm thinking this adds a little character to it. Once I get it signed, it's going in a frame with all my other 2011/2012 stuff from this tour and I CANNOT fucking wait.

Thank you to everyone - beta, fernando, etc. etc. - for the great tour so far and for making some awesome unforgettable memories for me in the past few months.

A big thank you to destry for driving me to my car (which was NOT locked up in a secure parking lot as promised...) so that no one would mug me with the mic! ok

That's so awesome Cotis! Very lucky and the "mother of all souvenirs"! I was lucky enough to catch the whistle at the Chicago show but he chucked the mic way over our heads! I did the same thing as you! caught it and acted like it was on the floor while quickly putting it away in a safe place!
Congrats to a true fan ! Well deserved  ok

Chicago11/18/02
N'ville10/22/06
Chicago11/27/06
Chicago11/15/11
Nashville12/4/11 CivilWar
Chicago2/19/12HOB
Vegas 11/23/12 izzy
Vegas 11/24/12 izzy
KC 6/2/13
Vegas 6/6/14
Vegas 6/7/14
MNGS717
Rocker

« Reply #96 on: March 02, 2012, 11:55:27 AM »

Show not complete..but only miss couple of songs.  GLad some shows are filmed pretty good!
http://gnrworld.net/2012/02/28/the-electric-factory-set-list-pictures-and-videos/

Nice work, still wish I could have made it out!  Appreciate all the videos+updates+and that everyone made it out of the Philly Jungle alive.  I like that Axl talked about the Philly riot.  Back then no one knew what was going on, even the venue.  They did not announce the show was cancelled until after 11pm the riot had already started.  I was down front right before the riot and behind the curtain the entire stage was set up ready to go.  Even a couple hours before that one guy from CKY mentioned on stage, that Axl was here.  Sometime after 11pm the stage crew was spotted removing some of the gear from the stage, still behind the curtain.  A young man picked up his chair and held it over his head.  After that there was nothing that could be done.  The angry Philly crowd down front started chanting, "ECW, ECW" ECW" and then about 4,000 chairs where thrown.  While the chairs were being thrown and announcement finally came.  "The show has been cancelled.  Please return your tickets to place of purchase.  Please do not take your wrath out on the First Union Center or it's staff" or something like that(the last line is correct for sure). 

I guess that maybe Axl would have answered this sooner but at least in '06 he was still not able to talk about it on the radio or anywhere.  I was never angry about what happened, as some others were.  Would have waited all night.

Nice work on the mic, Cotis.  You deserve it!  I met the young girl&family who caught the mic in Wilkes-Barre, wish I could have got a picture of how happy they were!   

12/6/02 Philly
11/20/11 Wilkes-Barre,PA
2/23/12 Silver Spring, MD
5/13/14 Bethlehem,PA
6/26/16 Landover,Md
7/14/16 Philly
8/13/17 Hershey
uzi suicide records
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #97 on: March 04, 2012, 11:49:10 AM »

call me crazy, but i dont like ron, ron is a good guy, he is very nice, ron is not a rockstar. i wouldnt be sad if ron left the band, all of the music was written in 2 part guitar rythm and lead, and honestly ron ruins the show for me, when i look up and see the miracle of gnr happening and then look over and see ron just some regular "nothing special" guitar player with no real rockin qualities it ruins it a bit. Ashba and Fortus are rockstars its easily seen, they have presence ron does not, he's just a nice guy wich we all respect, and ron will email you and stop and talk great guy...but not gnr material.....hey if anybody sees the philly pic of us and axl after the show send me a link, also any tapings of the "full show"? im also looking for the second video source for the camden show, i have the one 3 dvd set by tapehead  but some kid said there was one shot from diff angles and all,....thanks...rapescene21

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #98 on: March 04, 2012, 11:54:57 AM »

nothing special? Ron? For God's sake, just for his ability to nail Estranged he needs to be in the band. He is a solid, solid player. You don't need to be tattoo'd up and dangle a cig out of your mouth to be a rockstar. I'll take ability. Tommy is a pretty normal looking dude and has been a "rockstar" since he was 13.  ok

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #99 on: March 04, 2012, 01:06:51 PM »

call me crazy, but i dont like ron, ron is a good guy, he is very nice, ron is not a rockstar. i wouldnt be sad if ron left the band, all of the music was written in 2 part guitar rythm and lead, and honestly ron ruins the show for me, when i look up and see the miracle of gnr happening and then look over and see ron just some regular "nothing special" guitar player with no real rockin qualities it ruins it a bit. Ashba and Fortus are rockstars its easily seen, they have presence ron does not, he's just a nice guy wich we all respect, and ron will email you and stop and talk great guy...but not gnr material.....hey if anybody sees the philly pic of us and axl after the show send me a link, also any tapings of the "full show"? im also looking for the second video source for the camden show, i have the one 3 dvd set by tapehead  but some kid said there was one shot from diff angles and all,....thanks...rapescene21

I can't believe what I'm reading... Ron is the best guitarist in Guns N' Roses at the moment period. It makes me laugh how you keep mentioning how he's "not a rockster", but you never once try to criticise his skills. Just because Ron doesn't pretend to be a badass rockstar with tattoos all up his arms and a cigarette hanging out his mouth. Does not mean for a second, he doesn't deserve to be in GN'R, in fact it's the opposite...

Ron is the most important guitar player in Guns, because he handles Buckets crazy leads on both the fretless and fretboard. And he also does ALOT of guitar work underneath all of the songs to give them the punch they need.

Ron doesn't need to "act" like a rockstar, because he naturally oozes coolness and he is someone who connects with the audience VERY well. I can't believe you really think what you wrote to be honest...

Richard Fortus is a monster of a guitar player, and he is the best damn rhythm guitarist Guns has ever had. And in regards to DJ, I have come to appreciate him alot more than before, as I genuinely see his guitar playing improving over the time he's in GN'R. But Ron is on a different level, and is easily the strongest guitar player in Guns in 2012...... I don't know how you can deny it really.

Don't judge a book by it's cover.......

People can dress like rockstars who can't even play a note on a guitar, doesn't mean a single thing.

In 2012, in a sense of guitar playing, and handling all of the exceptionally hard riffs and solos that comes with being in GN'R.......I think it's safe to say that there's no denying that Ron is GN'Rlove
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 01:44:55 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: