Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 05:07:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  When Steven Was Fired
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: When Steven Was Fired  (Read 22926 times)
Gemini Guy
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2005, 12:03:38 AM »

They carried him on their coat tails for far too long,? gave him a ton of money and yet he still milking the G n' R name.This monkey didn't write a single note.

Sounds you've been listening to Axl too much.? All you do is quote him.  you know nothing about what Steven wrote. 

It would be the same thing if Mike Clink got a band together and tour playing G n' R songs.

....or Axl Rose using the GNR name playing old GNR songs.

Then there's the Axl situation. I mean how classy is Axl for giving him a share of his publishing rights.

Axl Rose, a classy guy who beats and rapes his wife and another girlfriend afterwards.? yep, that's classy.? ?Roll Eyes

Besides, axl gave Steven a portion of his rights for songs Axl didn't write either.? As Steven said, Axl didn't write "Think About You" or "Brownstone".? So Axl got a healthy dose of writing royalties for songs he didn't write either, that's where Steven's portion came in.? Axl bitches about giving steven publishing credit when he got a shitload of it for writing nothing on some songs to begin with.? That's the pot calling the kettle black if you ask me.

And then this below average drummer turns around and sues the band for loyalities and such.?

Seems every member of gnr disagrees.? Slash, Duff, and Izzy all said what a mistake it was to fire Steven, and that Gnr went haywire without him.

Seriously, how many people actually bought a t-shirt alder was on it.? ?I know for sure as hell I didn't.

I did.? And Steven has many fans who did too.? Don't speak for them.
Gemini Guy
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2005, 12:09:16 AM »

he would knock what out of axl?

this guy really must still be on drugs

fuckin pathetic ok

This was a misquote. 

The entire quote is missing, and what Steven actually said with that last statement was something to the effect that he didn't know why Axl is the way he is, but if he could find it he would beat it out of him.  It wasn't meant as a "I'll kick Axl's ass" kind of comment.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2005, 02:15:43 AM »

Slash and Duff have said so many different things which is it?

one year kicking steven out was the right thing to do and they dont likehim for suing them

next year they are so sorry they kicked him out

next year they hate it

at least axl sticks to one thing

I bet Slash and Duff supported Kerry for president, they have a lot of flip flopping in common.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Gemini Guy
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2005, 09:57:50 AM »

Slash and Duff have said so many different things which is it?

one year kicking steven out was the right thing to do and they dont likehim for suing them

next year they are so sorry they kicked him out

They felt they were doing the right thing at the time they fired him, now they realize it was a mistake.  Nothing wrong with that, it happens in life.  But I guess you've never done something you felt was right and realized in retrospect it wasn't. 
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2005, 08:07:35 PM »

I just cant understand after all these years how he all of a sudden can change his tune, sure they were all on drugs or whatever but they claimed the man couldnt play drums at all.

You make decisions, you live with it for better or worse.

I've made a lot of wrong turns in my life but i can honestly say i dont regret any of it, whatever mistakes ive made have shaped me into the person i am today and i am more than ok with that.

I refuse to live in hindsight and refuse to think of woulda,shoulda,coulda's when it comes to my life.  The things ive done happened for a reason, they moved me from station to station in life leaving me valuable life lessons that will continue to help me and get me through.

So, no i have no regrets about anything ive ever done in my life. ok

Gemini Guy
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2005, 09:17:04 PM »

sure they were all on drugs or whatever but they claimed the man couldnt play drums at all.

Maybe he couldn't, but if they had known that firing Steven would be the beginning of the end of Guns N Roses (which it was), they would've treated the situation differently, no matter how that would've been.  Maybe they would've waited for Steven longer, maybe they would've taken him out of the city where he had loads of drug dealers.  But whatever they could've done, that's what they realize they should've done because maybe Guns N Roses would not have gone to hell so quickly.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2005, 11:26:22 PM »

I dont agree with that though.

i dont think the firing of steven was the beginning of the end of GNR.

The end of GNR was Axl's ego getting out of control, coupled with Duff and Slash's intoxications.

I read somewhere that Axl had the vision of what he wanted GNR to be from the beginning and slowly transformed it into that, *epic ballads,horn players etc etc*

I dont think Steven one way or the other wouldve influenced the outcome as to what is taking place today.
If Slash and Duff couldnt prevent it, i really dont see what Steven couldve done about it.

Steven said that after they kicked him out, he was trying to kill himself which led to the stroke but who is to say that wouldnt have happened anyway?

Its not like he was sober and started doing those things after they kicked him out.

I remember Def Leppard kicked out one of their original guitarist for pretty much the same reasons, he was so messed up he couldnt carry his weight and a lot of other bands had similiar scenarios.

thejungle
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2005, 07:03:13 AM »

actually slash built the band up re: the dancers and so on. it's in an interview with Axl in RIP mag in 92 so before any real nastiness sprung up. axl talks about how it's unbelievable what slash did with the band or something to that effect.

i suppose if you don't believe axl then you could say he's lying, but i'm fairly sure it's true. what i imagine is that slash got in dancers and shit, then decided he wanted to just "rock" and got sick of it so blamed axl when axl liked it all and decided to try keep it

slash went off and did snakepit...which i'm glad as hell axl DID reject 'cos it ain't nowhere near what GNR could/should/were doing. it's not bad, but imagine if it were a GNR album
Gemini Guy
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2005, 07:42:12 PM »

The end of GNR was Axl's ego getting out of control, coupled with Duff and Slash's intoxications.

Without Steven and Izzy, it really became Axl's trip.

Slash made that statement last year,

Steven and especially Izzy were the two that kept the other guys grounded, especially Axl.  So Steven's firing was one thing that caused Izzy to quit, which in turn led to nobody being able to control Axl's ego and nodoby to control Slash and Duff for their drugs/alcohol.  So steven was indeed the first straw.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2005, 03:29:07 PM »

thats a valid point but i just believe it was inevitable. I think Axl wouldve became this way regardless.  I think he had a grand vision all along

had slash and duff followed axl's vision, they would still be in the group.  I think Axl is a personality that no one can control.

Axl was acting that way long before Izzy quit which is what led to Izzy quitting in the first place.

usurper
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2005, 07:07:08 AM »

Let me list one point. By 1990 Steven was so addicted to cocaine and heroine that his was was beginning to turn pink and fat, just look at the Farm Aid photos and you will see for yourself. Dont defend him, it was his choice to do the drugs. He was so addicted there was no turning back. Oh and Steven also tried to kill himself in 1999 by overdosing on sleeping pills and some other shit. Oh yeah he surely is better off now  Roll Eyes
jgfnsr
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2005, 06:26:55 PM »

While Adler was always the best drummer for the old band and the loss of him certainly a blow, it was by no means the death of Guns N' Roses.

If you want to wittle it down to any single member's departure in regards to the demise of the old lineup, it was Izzy. 

The band was still able to do the Illusion albums with Stradlin' at least half-heartedly involved, and Sorum on drums.  But they were runnin' on fumes mid-way through the tour...
usurper
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2005, 05:56:23 AM »

Posted by: usurper?
Oh, getting angry are we? All the members said that a reunion is out of the question, no matter how much money people gave them. Also Axl is happ with full control of the band and he is not going to give up something that he fought 19 years to achieve.

Really - well if you bother to read any of the articles, Steven and Slash both said that a reunion was not out of the question but they have issues that they have to work through with Axl.? And I am betting that if these two agreed to do a reunion, then Duff and Izzy would too. ? Grin

good call duffsgal!? ok

guess you got it there ursurper hihi

You could at least try and spell me name right numbnuts.  hihi
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2005, 04:47:11 PM »

While Adler was always the best drummer for the old band and the loss of him certainly a blow, it was by no means the death of Guns N' Roses.

If you want to wittle it down to any single member's departure in regards to the demise of the old lineup, it was Izzy.?

The band was still able to do the Illusion albums with Stradlin' at least half-heartedly involved, and Sorum on drums.? But they were runnin' on fumes mid-way through the tour...

I agree with this post . Steve leaving was the end of an era of sorts, Matt coming in did change the sound of the band quite dramatically..

However, I believe the real 'shift in power' if you will, occured when Izzy left the band - he was such a vital cog that the band seemed to be merely obliging duties thereafter and their demise after the world tour was somewhat inevitavble.

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
a fan
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2005, 10:14:15 PM »

I think that most bands will rotate members at some point, or members will leave.  Steven happened to be the first to go.  It wasn't necessarily right or fair.  But it happened the way it happened.  When you're abandoned like that, you learn some hard lessons.  I'm sure Steven has accepted what happened to him and come to terms with it.  Who knows, maybe he would've left anyway if he hadn't been kicked out.  Everyone else left, after all.
Gemini Guy
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2005, 07:50:02 PM »

he would knock what out of axl?

this guy really must still be on drugs

I just found the EXACT quote of Steven's that contained the "I'd knock it out of him" comment.  Read and you'll see how much Steven was misquoted...

"God bless Axl if he puts a record out, and when he plays live you?re gonna hear those songs because he?s so down on that time in his life.  Why I don?t know and I wish I could knock it out of him..."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2005, 08:47:56 PM »

ok that sounds cool! ok

Civil_War
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2005, 11:50:31 PM »

if steven had never have been kicked out of Guns maybe theyd still be together today or maybe steven would be in VR insead of matt. I do however think that had seteven never left, the illusions would have sounded alittle more like appetite because thats what his style of drumming was.
jgfnsr
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2005, 02:19:19 AM »

I just found the EXACT quote of Steven's that contained the "I'd knock it out of him" comment.? Read and you'll see how much Steven was misquoted...

"God bless Axl if he puts a record out, and when he plays live you?re gonna hear those songs because he?s so down on that time in his life.? Why I don?t know and I wish I could knock it out of him..."

Been getting boring over at Steven's fansite Dizzy?
duffsgal
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2005, 04:33:31 AM »

Posted by: AXL'SRANT?

Sorry but have to disagree with you there.? Had Steven not been fired then Izzy would not have left the band, he always said that he felt Stevies firing was unjust and after that hapening was when the problems started.? ??

Welcome to the Jungle Baby
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: