Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 12:30:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Rod Jackson and Eric Dover
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rod Jackson and Eric Dover  (Read 17999 times)
Eric
« on: July 23, 2005, 11:06:03 AM »

Does anyone know what happened to these two? I think Eric Dover joined another band after snakepit, Rod Jackson seems to have fallen off the planet. What other bands was Rod Jackson in? Thanks.
AxemanOnFire
Headliner

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 07:51:10 PM »

Eric Dover plays guitar in Alice Cooper's band
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 12:27:38 PM »

didnt know eric played guitar....i saw him with slash's snakepit - that guy can really sing.  \m/
Norman Bates
Headliner

The Bates Motel always has vacancy for you

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 12:53:11 PM »

I think he doesn?t play in Alice?s band anymore... he has a band called Sextus now. And I think some other project as well, can?t remember what

Once I thought I was wrong but I was mistaken.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 03:13:40 PM »

I'm not a huge Dover fan.  Sometimes I think he sounds quite bad on It's Five O'Clock Somewhere.  Especially when he screams.  Sounds kinda whiny almost.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2005, 03:39:08 PM »

I'm not a huge Dover fan.? Sometimes I think he sounds quite bad on It's Five O'Clock Somewhere.? Especially when he screams.? Sounds kinda whiny almost.

He's a terrible singer, that albums might have been something with a different vocalist....oh, and some better lyrics too Tongue

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Eric
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2005, 07:52:49 PM »

I really liked the first snakepit=liked Eric Dover-thought the second one was terrible-on the other hand, if that was meant to be the next guns n roses record like Axl says, it would have been a letdown for me in some ways.
deliverthecow
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2005, 08:33:45 PM »

Dover is a great guitar player. I thought both Snakepit albums were terrible although the first one had a few good songs, actually two Gilby's song Monkey Chow, and Beggars , whatever it is called.  The second one was even worse than the first, I liked Dover over Jackson. I was disappointed in both efforts nonetheless.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2005, 07:25:38 AM »

Dover is a great guitar player. I thought both Snakepit albums were terrible although the first one had a few good songs, actually two Gilby's song Monkey Chow, and Beggars , whatever it is called.? The second one was even worse than the first, I liked Dover over Jackson. I was disappointed in both efforts nonetheless.

I think Beggars is a Slash song. BTW 5 O'Clock is one of my favourite albums of all time, it's fuckin' great, the best riffs of the decade!  yes

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2005, 04:00:52 PM »

Dover was a cool singer on snakepit.

met him a few years ago in la at a starfuckers show. Was well cool guy. As was gilby and john corabi who were both there too. beer
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2005, 06:29:00 PM »

I think all the guys from the second snakepit (minus Slash ofcourse) will do some kind of snakepit again...

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2005, 02:31:03 PM »

I think all the guys from the second snakepit (minus Slash ofcourse) will do some kind of snakepit again...

Why? They are involved in all kinds of projects, why would they pull out and reform a fantastically unsuccesful band without the one person that made the band talented?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2005, 05:04:03 PM »

Why? They are involved in all kinds of projects, why would they pull out and reform a fantastically unsuccesful band without the one person that made the band talented?

I'm sorry but I wouldn't know the answer to this one. You'll have to ask them, IF they do it. Last I heard was when they were still thinking about it.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2005, 09:55:25 PM »

Dover has been playing shows with Billy Duffy (The Cult) and Jerry Cantrell's (AIC) side project, Cardboard Vampyres.? Billed as the "Heaviest Cover Band In the World", the Vamps play tunes from AC/DC, Sabbath, Aerosmith, Iggy, Metallica as well as a few Cult and AIC tunes.? Rounding out the band is Chris Wyse (The Cult) and Bevan Davies (Danzig).

The riffage is supplied by Duffy and Cantrell, Dover handles most vocals and only picks up the guitar when Cantrell sings Iggy And The Stooges "I Wanna Be Your Dog".

It's purely a "for fun' gig for Jerry and Billy, as Duffy says, "We're not selling anything but a good time"...

More info can be found here: http://www.cardboardvampyres.com/

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
MoonMax
Headliner

Moon Travel Free Of Charge!

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2005, 11:43:32 PM »

beggars & hangers-on by Slash/Eric and Duff

Moneky chow - yeap - Gilby's

Both great songs !!!!

What do you mean - Eric isn't a good singer? He's great, he sounds cool and he has the feeling!!!!!!!
He's far much better that Jackson is and both are far far far far far far far better then Weiland ever will be.

Five O'Clock - great album.

MoonMax
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2005, 12:45:30 AM »

I'm not a big Weiland fan at all, but he's definitely better than Eric Dover.  I like the first Snakepit album, but Slash most definitely could've gotten someone better than him to sing.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
MoonMax
Headliner

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2005, 01:29:41 AM »

I'm not a big Weiland fan at all, but he's definitely better than Eric Dover.? I like the first Snakepit album, but Slash most definitely could've gotten someone better than him to sing.

That's crazy! Could You explain this to me?
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2005, 03:02:06 AM »

Firstly, Scott Weiland has a better vocal ranger than Dover.  When Dover tries to go too high his voice sounds very whiny and unpleasant.  Weiland doesn't have amazing range or anything, but I find myself cringing much less frequently listening to him.  Secondly, who the fuck is Eric Dover?  Weiland is an accomplished frontman who's now fronted two very succesful bands.  He's an excellent live performer.  And he's an interesting (albeit often annoying) personality.  I can't believe I'm wasting time and energy explaining why Scott Weiland is better than Eric Dover.  Does anyone else find this a little ridiculous?  He's Eric fucking Dover for crissakes!

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2005, 09:55:25 AM »

I'm sorry but I wouldn't know the answer to this one. You'll have to ask them, IF they do it. Last I heard was when they were still thinking about it.

Who'd be the guitarist Ryan Roxie or Keri Kelli? And who'd be the other (lead? rhythm?) guitarist?

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
MoonMax
Headliner

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2005, 11:26:34 AM »

Firstly, Scott Weiland has a better vocal ranger than Dover.? ? Weiland doesn't have amazing range or anything,

Cmopare those two, man. If that was true, you'd make Eric one note singer, come on!! Listen to those two again. The thing that makes me sick about Contraband is that it bores me after 6th track, because Weiland sings around the same range from the beggining to the last track of the album. His voice itselfe is very seamless. You say range... Listen to Be The Ball, Scott sounds like he would never rich those notes. Besides Eric's voice is much much more colorful. I can only accept, that You just don't like he's sound and that's all.

And who's Eric? And who cares? If he's good, why not make him a star. The problem with today's music is, that most artist are fuckin lames. They can't play sing or write and has no personality, they are just bein produced well and that's all. The other side, tells another painful truth. If someone was great in the past and he suddenly surficed from the ground but he's like shit, the market tells you - buy he's record, once he was great and give him appluse. I never knew Weiland before, if he was good or wasn't, but I tell You what see and hear. He's crap, end of the story.

MoonMax
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: