Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 03:02:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Rod Jackson and Eric Dover
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rod Jackson and Eric Dover  (Read 18001 times)
Eric
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2005, 11:30:44 AM »

I kind of took Slash's word that the first snakepit was just a fun thing to do inbetween guns n roses, just kind of thrown together and recorded quickly-but in interviews about Aint Life Grand, he mentioned how it was a permanent band, and how he put his heart and soul into it-and after hearing it, I was very disappointed. It sucked.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2005, 11:53:01 AM »

I think all the guys from the second snakepit (minus Slash ofcourse) will do some kind of snakepit again...

Why? They are involved in all kinds of projects, why would they pull out and reform a fantastically unsuccesful band without the one person that made the band talented?

I'm sorry but I wouldn't know the answer to this one. You'll have to ask them, IF they do it. Last I heard was when they were still thinking about it.

Who'd be the guitarist Ryan Roxie or Keri Kelli? And who'd be the other (lead? rhythm?) guitarist?

Keri. I don't know about the other one.

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2005, 05:42:51 PM »

I think all the guys from the second snakepit (minus Slash ofcourse) will do some kind of snakepit again...

Why? They are involved in all kinds of projects, why would they pull out and reform a fantastically unsuccesful band without the one person that made the band talented?

I'm sorry but I wouldn't know the answer to this one. You'll have to ask them, IF they do it. Last I heard was when they were still thinking about it.

Who'd be the guitarist Ryan Roxie or Keri Kelli? And who'd be the other (lead? rhythm?) guitarist?

Keri. I don't know about the other one.

Thank You. I'm really looking forward hearing that album, both Snakepit incarnations had a lot of potential. And they will call it simply Snakepit or what?

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2005, 07:42:21 PM »

Thank You. I'm really looking forward hearing that album, both Snakepit incarnations had a lot of potential. And they will call it simply Snakepit or what?

I'm not sure how will they call it. At this point I'm not even sure if it's going to happen. I'll try to find out.

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2005, 01:06:51 AM »

I was never a fan of Weiland before VR either.  In fact I'm still not a very big fan of his.  I happen to prefer him to Eric Dover.  If you prefer Dover, MoonMax, that's cool.  It's all personal taste.  However, have you ever seen either perfom live?  Scott Weiland is one of the best live frontmen I've ever seen.  I highly doubt Eric Dover had that presence on stage.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2005, 07:38:04 PM »

I like the first Snakepit album alot.  I pretty much hated the second one though except a couple tunes......

GNR - CROATIA
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2005, 06:33:47 AM »

OK,  you guys must be kidding,  right!?
Both Snakepit albums are great but ALG is better.
Actually,  both are better than Contraband and ALG ison the same level as any other GNR album (better than Lies,  though).
Rod Jackson is great and Eric is good unlike Scott.
Compared to him,  even Axl  looks like a singer. 
Norman Bates
Headliner

The Bates Motel always has vacancy for you

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2005, 07:31:05 PM »

Compared to him,? even Axl? looks like a singer.?

you?re a GNR-fan, right...?

Once I thought I was wrong but I was mistaken.
izzyfan84
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2005, 09:10:00 PM »

Eric Dover sang on a band called Imperial Drag after Snakepit, with former Jellyfish bandmate Roger Manning. Whent that ended he played guitar on tour with Alice Cooper, reccommended by Gilby Clarke who turned down the position. After touring and recording (co-writing also) for the The eyes of Alice Cooper record, he went to finish recording and preparring his solo proyect Sextus, that has benn in the works for 5 years aprox.

Rod Jackson has been unseen after the Snakepit worldtour, he has record some demo tunes like "Heavy Reggae" with Teddy Andreadis and Johnny G, from 2nd Snakepit, but from that no news available
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2005, 01:22:09 AM »

I would really like to know, if  I can get an album with Eric Dover in it, because I honestly think he is a great singer, S's snake pit 1st album,. its amazing, i dont know, why some of you can9t get it, and the second one, well i can't get some of the songs, -- i guess its just a matter of opinion and taste -- thanks I hope you answer my question....

@;---,----.------,------------- TPR
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2005, 01:56:02 AM »

S's snake pit 1st album,. its amazing, i dont know, why some of you can9t get it

It's not about "getting it"...

It's about liking or not liking...

Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2005, 02:21:15 AM »

S's snake pit 1st album,. its amazing, i dont know, why some of you can9t get it

It's not about "getting it"...

It's about liking or not liking...

Man i like the 1st one, but the second one, well I can't get it, I like some songs but some others I just can't get them, I hope you understand....

Anyway, where is Eric nowadays?

@;----,-----.-------,--------------TPR
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2005, 04:42:53 AM »

I wouldn't know.

Last year I think he was playing guitar for Alice Cooper... But I'm not 100% sure...

Eric
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2005, 01:45:40 PM »

Did Gilby really turn down an opportunity to tour with Alice Cooper?
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2005, 04:34:45 AM »

I think Eric's been playing with The Starfuckers, alongside Slim Jim Phantom and, yup, Dizzy.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2005, 10:35:15 PM »

In my opinion Eric Dover, is a great singer, do you know if recorded, any other album besides, the one that he did with slash?

@;----,------.--------,--------- T.P.R.
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2005, 06:06:32 AM »

In my opinion Eric Dover, is a great singer, do you know if recorded, any other album besides, the one that he did with slash?

@;----,------.--------,--------- T.P.R.

As someone said earlier, he made an album with a band called Imperial drag, which spawned a semi-hit in Europe, "Boy or a girl". Very glam-rock oriented, and not too bad.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2005, 08:17:16 AM »

eric played with alice in 2002, i dunno what he's doin now. ryan roxi and a Damon something are now touring with Alice. that Damon had a great band in the 80's, but i have really bad memory.
Rod Jackson is recording coca cola Spots and making more money then ever so i've heard.

Chinese Democracy!
makane
Legend

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2005, 09:53:48 AM »

I can't believe how many of you guys don't like snakepit albums, great bluesy rock.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Eric
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2005, 10:11:18 AM »

I still think it would have been neat to hear the project Duff, Slash, and Izzy were working on a few years back-Izzy is a great songwriter, which is what the second Snakepit was missing-I'm not so sure about Slash as a songwriter.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: