Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 09:55:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227877 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Izzy reason behind GnR Falling to Pieces
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Izzy reason behind GnR Falling to Pieces  (Read 21919 times)
shaun
« on: March 04, 2006, 06:05:59 PM »

Hearing this interview with Slash and Duff:
http://mfile.akamai.com/1689/wmv/bmguk.download.akamai.com/1689/VelvetRev/velvet_wma_high.asx

...it seems that once Izzy departed from GnR, Slash and Duff realized that they used to relate to Axl though Izzy. Without Izzy being there, GnR was all but over.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2006, 06:07:56 PM by D0badog » Logged
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 11:25:01 PM »

Steven got fired. Izzy didn't like it, Izzy quit. left was some people that didn't know how to communicate with each other plus some hired hands. crash!
so like Izzy has said several times, the real GNR was pretty much over the minute Steven got fired.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2006, 11:27:23 PM by Hillel Slovak » Logged

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Sweet s
Rocker

Here There Everywhere

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 03:44:12 AM »

Yeah That's true, Plus Izzy was the only one who could really handle Axl's tantrums when he left  there was nobody to keep Axl in check and his ego inflated to enourmous sizes peace

We Love To Treat Women Great ,But We Havn't got Any Money So We Treat Them Like Shit-Izzy Stradlin 1986
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 04:43:47 PM »

I know that this will sound so scary but is a fact, Izzy have a stronger character than Axl, perhaps they both need each other  yes

No man can be my equal
GNR - CROATIA
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 06:26:46 PM »

Steven got fired. Izzy didn't like it, Izzy quit. left was some people that didn't know how to communicate with each other plus some hired hands. crash!
so like Izzy has said several times, the real GNR was pretty much over the minute Steven got fired.

Not true.   Adler wasn't able to play drums (just like today),  so they fired him and got a better drumer instead.
Izzy was sick and tired of Axl's tantrums and lateness to every concert played cause they were late due to Axl but the fines the paid for going over time was taken from everyone in the band.
Izzy also didn't like the fact his childhood friend called up the managment and asked that Izzy gets less money cause he doesn't move on stage as much as insane Axl wanted him to move.
Eugene Klein
Rocker

--Powder on wound--

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 07:42:12 PM »

Replace two members of an original lineup that owns chemistry and you'll have a complete different band.
Even when one of them is the main writer. It's not difficult to see that.

??\\\ G.A.S. ///??
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 03:25:36 AM »

Not true.? ?Adler wasn't able to play drums (just like today),? so they fired him and got a better drumer instead.
Izzy was sick and tired of Axl's tantrums and lateness to every concert played cause they were late due to Axl but the fines the paid for going over time was taken from everyone in the band.
Izzy also didn't like the fact his childhood friend called up the managment and asked that Izzy gets less money cause he doesn't move on stage as much as insane Axl wanted him to move.

^ True, but Izzy also said he prefered to continue working with Steven, Steven got fired cause of doing drugs while everyone was doing drugs and Steven's drumming gave the songs their feel and push, without that "nothing worked".

So I think that what Izzy is saying is that they should've been more supportive to Steven and help him instead of firing him.
GNR - CROATIA
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006, 04:08:51 AM »

Not true.? ?Adler wasn't able to play drums (just like today),? so they fired him and got a better drumer instead.

^ True, but Izzy also said he prefered to continue working with Steven, Steven got fired cause of doing drugs while everyone was doing drugs and Steven's drumming gave the songs their feel and push, without that "nothing worked".

So I think that what Izzy is saying is that they should've been more supportive to Steven and help him instead of firing him.

IMO,  Matt Sorum was way wayyyy better drummer and they sounded better with him on board...
Sweet s
Rocker

Here There Everywhere

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 08:28:30 AM »

Izzy right they should have helped Steven more then ,MAYBE he might not be in the mess he is in now Angry

We Love To Treat Women Great ,But We Havn't got Any Money So We Treat Them Like Shit-Izzy Stradlin 1986
adlerforever
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2006, 12:10:33 PM »

is it true that steven was fired while he was on the medication to come off drugs?
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2006, 02:50:14 AM »

There are multiple versions of the story... it's hard to tell the truth, only the guys who there know it Wink It sounds believable in my ears though.

Here's the story; www.gnrinfo.tk then go the Civil War, In Their Own Words.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2006, 10:41:42 PM »

is it true that steven was fired while he was on the medication to come off drugs?

that's correct. I think the guys in the band was just looking for an excuse to hire an "proffissional" drummer, they though that would give them more of an "edge"...how wrong they were!

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2006, 10:43:25 PM »

Not true.   Adler wasn't able to play drums (just like today),  so they fired him and got a better drumer instead.

IMO, Matt Sorum was way wayyyy better drummer and they sounded better with him on board...

well then, In my humble opinion, as a drummer and all....you're crazy! sorry. don't take it personal hihi

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2006, 10:51:53 PM »

Didn't Slash say that Steven used to cheat and hide drugs in his house? He just couldn't quit. That's why they fired him...

Fuck 'Em All.
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2006, 04:16:37 AM »

Didn't Slash say that Steven used to cheat and hide drugs in his house? He just couldn't quit. That's why they fired him...

"He just couldn't quit" Well, the only two persons who where completely clean at the time of Steven's firing where Izzy and Axl..

He got fired for drugproblems when everybody was on drugs. And the "he couldn't play cause of the drugs" I think that was only the case at the recording of Civil War cause of the opiumblockers, before that he could play just fine. Steven also said he never ever took drugs before playing a gig, it was always after when they partied.
eNgIeS
Rocker

OHHHH RIGGGHHHTT

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2006, 06:29:06 AM »

i think even if Izzy stayed, it wouldve fallen apart soon enough. Axl wanted to do his material & wasnt accepting stuff like "be the ball" from Slash, he wanted to be the controller of GNR i think. Sure he would let others have there part & say in it...to an extent. Everyone in teh group had different directions they wanted to go...you can hear it on Use Your Illusion, great albums, but def all over the place in terms of style. You have your ballads & piano stuff with Axl, then the hard rockers from Slash Matt & Duff (duff even had a few different types of songs from himself) & then the old style rock from Izzy. So yeh to me regardless, it wouldve broken up.

Steven got fired because he couldnt play on drugs, Slash & Duff could, Steven couldnt...you can have a drug habit, but when it effects your professional responsibilitys then thats when its a problem your employer should concern themselves with
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2006, 11:41:30 AM »

IMO,  Matt Sorum was way wayyyy better drummer and they sounded better with him on board...

Doesnt seem that Izzy cared too much about that, IMO adler is better.

No man can be my equal
Sweet s
Rocker

Here There Everywhere

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2006, 03:54:42 AM »

Izzy was angry over the way Adler was treated When he was sacked no

kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2006, 08:12:49 AM »

Adler got what he deserved.. Don't ever give any drugs to band's frontmans wife ok

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Sweet s
Rocker

Here There Everywhere

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2006, 09:35:08 AM »

I heard she asked Adler to give her the Drugs she wanted to try it

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: