Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 02:46:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Izzy reason behind GnR Falling to Pieces
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Izzy reason behind GnR Falling to Pieces  (Read 21912 times)
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2006, 10:51:40 AM »

Cool read
I havent read it before  ok

No man can be my equal
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2006, 12:04:54 PM »

I'm with Izzy on this. They were all doing drugs. They should've supported Steven but because he was "only the drummer" they cut him loose.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2006, 01:27:35 PM »

I'm with Izzy on this. They were all doing drugs. They should've supported Steven but because he was "only the drummer" they cut him loose.

Or, maybe Steven-the-drummer couldn't play.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2006, 01:35:25 PM »

Or maybe Axl want Steven out of GNR because he wanted to

No man can be my equal
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2006, 02:12:10 PM »

Steven has said that the drug abuse became really out of control after he was sacked from GN'R, cause he was depressed about it.

Also I doubt Steven was fired only cause he wasn't able to play drums.. He lived for the music, playing drums and I doubt cause of the drugs he was unable to hit his skins. And he said himself it was part of the opium blockers that made him sick.

Also it took a year after the music when the vocals where recorded, they should've helped him. Hell even Slash said dumping Steven was a mistake and it was the beginning of the end..
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2006, 09:58:20 PM »

Steven also said he never ever took drugs before playing a gig, it was always after when they partied.

So why was he so fucked up on drugs while they were doing the Farm Aid show? He was all over the place with his drumming there...
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2006, 03:21:50 AM »

His drumming was fine at Farm Aid.. if you're refering to the tripping on the drumriser, that's human Wink
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2006, 03:32:40 PM »

how can axl come up to izzy and want him to sign some paper in which Izzy was going to receive less money just for not moving as much as axl did, fuck!!! he wrote songs as much as axl did, if not more.......

i also think that izzy leaving created an unbalance in the songwriting too, cause maybe  if he would have still be there, axl would have accepted more opinions from the other members, but i got to admit that there is also a chance that even with izzy stayin, all the shit that went up to axl?s brain would have fucked up the band anyway, let?s keep in mind something, axl wants a band that does whatever he says and wants, that?s not how it works, a band is five heads thinking instead of one, that makes de armony. When musical directionsare different it?s something really hard to deal with, ok, but you can always try to find some middle point, to try to make things stay together and respect other people?s opinion, axl wouldn?t do that, instead he just wanted them to play whatever he wrote and not say a thing.... that?s why Izzy?s departure was so important for the ending of GN?R.

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2006, 12:38:38 PM »

i heard izzy left because of the pressure of touring, and quit because he was taking too many drugs to cope with the pressure

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
MarioGunner
Rocker

« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2006, 05:53:35 PM »

i heard izzy left because of the pressure of touring, and quit because he was taking too many drugs to cope with the pressure

yes you heard that, sounds like gossip, what?s been said here is the truth, so read a bit, you couldn?t be more lost peace

You can run like a river

pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2006, 03:34:34 PM »

Steven has said that the drug abuse became really out of control after he was sacked from GN'R, cause he was depressed about it.

Also I doubt Steven was fired only cause he wasn't able to play drums.. He lived for the music, playing drums and I doubt cause of the drugs he was unable to hit his skins. And he said himself it was part of the opium blockers that made him sick.

Also it took a year after the music when the vocals where recorded, they should've helped him. Hell even Slash said dumping Steven was a mistake and it was the beginning of the end..

Steven's drug abuse was really bad before he was sacked, and in private he will admit that, but in public he wants you to feel sorry for him.  And everyone did try to help him even to the point of waiting for his drug dealers (Steven was such a good customer they delivered right to his home)  and threatening them with loaded guns - Steven chose the drugs over the band.  He has said again and again, at first it was sex, drugs and rock n roll - then it became drugs and rock n roll and then just drugs.  You guys need to stop blaming everyone else in the band for Steven's behavior and place it squarely where it belongs, at Steven's doorstop. 
adlerforever
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2006, 05:09:51 PM »

How was he supposed to quit when the rest of the band were all doing drugs too. I think it's really harsh what they did to him, they should have been more supportive.
pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2006, 05:58:47 PM »

How was he supposed to quit when the rest of the band were all doing drugs too. I think it's really harsh what they did to him, they should have been more supportive.

How much more supportive would you like them to be?  They were there with guns, trying to keep the dealers away - that's pretty fucking supportive.  Should they have killed the guys and gone to jail for Steven?  The other guys helped Steven get into rehab which he walked out of time and time again - somehow the other guys got through it, Steven didn't, stop blaming everyone else, it was Steven's choice, he made it, now he's living with the aftermath - oh well.  Let's not forget that Steven chose to spend his millions on drugs, not rehab - again his choice, no one else's.   
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2006, 01:10:16 AM »

How much more supportive would you like them to be?  They were there with guns, trying to keep the dealers away - that's pretty fucking supportive.  Should they have killed the guys and gone to jail for Steven?  The other guys helped Steven get into rehab which he walked out of time and time again - somehow the other guys got through it, Steven didn't, stop blaming everyone else, it was Steven's choice, he made it, now he's living with the aftermath - oh well.  Let's not forget that Steven chose to spend his millions on drugs, not rehab - again his choice, no one else's.   

Amen man.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2006, 03:18:15 AM »

That's not right cause Izzy was clean since 1989, he left cause of Axl's tantrums and Slash/Duff slowly killing themselves with drugs n booze. He said it was hard to deal with junkies when you're clean. He said he didn't wanna wake up one day next to Slash's body.
adlerforever
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2006, 05:14:37 AM »

How much more supportive would you like them to be?? They were there with guns, trying to keep the dealers away - that's pretty fucking supportive.? Should they have killed the guys and gone to jail for Steven?? The other guys helped Steven get into rehab which he walked out of time and time again - somehow the other guys got through it, Steven didn't, stop blaming everyone else, it was Steven's choice, he made it, now he's living with the aftermath - oh well.? Let's not forget that Steven chose to spend his millions on drugs, not rehab - again his choice, no one else's.? ?

ok, but what i meant was you can't expect someone to quit when all his friends are doing them too. That's whats harsh.
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2006, 06:43:45 AM »

Isn't there a video from the court when Steven sued Gn'R? I remember seeing it..

BEEP.
Sweet s
Rocker

Here There Everywhere

« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2006, 02:24:42 PM »

I don't know where it could be found but i would love to see it It would So be worth wathching ok

We Love To Treat Women Great ,But We Havn't got Any Money So We Treat Them Like Shit-Izzy Stradlin 1986
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2006, 02:46:11 PM »

I might have it on my hardrive, but I cant found it. It was like ~20min long, and there was some interesting stuff on it. Now I have to find it hihi Just wait..

BEEP.
MarioGunner
Rocker

« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2006, 01:08:39 AM »

actually, this isn?t a steven topic, have you noticed? Undecided

You can run like a river

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »