Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 05:02:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Buckethead Interview - ( New...)- mention of gnr
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Buckethead Interview - ( New...)- mention of gnr  (Read 18288 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2007, 09:38:26 AM »

where's the mention about GN'R???

When the intro line mentions he was part of the"short lived re-formed Guns N Roses"

Apparently the writer wrote this before the 06 tour happened.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
BLOEDKOPF2007
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2007, 09:59:02 AM »

Hi Everyone!

There's another story:

He was on holidays with his parents as a child, visiting a friend of him at the farm of this friends grandparents. For breakfast they served fresh eggs, right from the chickens. Where do they come from, he asked? - They answered these were meant to be baby-chickens! - He was shocked and refused to eat eggs after this answer ...

Someone wrote this about him:

His main reasons for the creation of Buckethead is to separate ego from art and to deal with performance anxiety and the artistic blockages it creates.

Since the early 90?s there have been many interviews in which either Buckethead himself or others close to him explain these motives further. There's so much testimony for that, it?s not even funny. Sure, now he?s an accomplished guitar player (after proving his actual artistic worth time and time again) it?s easy to make it seem like he generates tons of attention with it. Like it?s obvious that the road to become one of the most respected instrumentalists is substantially shorter with such an appearance. However, it?s just that kind of reasoning that made the start of his career way more of an uphill battle in terms of credibility and respect for his musicianship, than it would have been looking like everybody else. It really put up some big hurdles in the beginning. And it took some very open minded (yet very respected people) to embrace him for others to follow. Despite the initial absence of fame and money, he kept doing his thing because it obviously helped him with other, more important, things.

Anyway, pretty nice interview! Thanks for sharing! Comes across a bit strange though, as if a lot of what was said was heavily altered by the interviewer. Just doesn?t sound much like Buckethead to me. Some other (to me better) interviews and stories would be:

http://qfg.info/misc/destroyallmonsters.txt

http://www.bingebuddies.com/html%20texte/Buckethead%20Interview%20@%20riffage_com.htm

http://www.citypaper.net/articles/111199/feat.20q.shtml

http://www.mishmashmagazine.com/features/buckethead/buckethead_review.html

-PEACE-
Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2007, 09:59:14 AM »

You know that big, epic solo in TWAT is Robin's, right? Unless you're talking about a different solo in the song somewhere after that. Making an argument out of it would be pretty pointless, too, since nobody has song writings credits in front of them. But if you say it's Buckethead, you obviously don't know how Robin Finck plays or what it sounds like compared to Buckethead. Finck's solo makes TWAT. Buckethead is a brilliant player but I don't like seeing him get the credit for every piece of good that's come out of the demos or what have you. It's Finck's solo.

JonathanvonDoom ...your pretty stupid and you contradict yourself :hihi:you shouldnt be running your mouth off either..do you have the credits either?i think not Grin

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2007, 10:28:53 AM »

Great interview. I simply love this guy to death. He is in fact more sane than the average person.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2007, 12:18:07 PM »

You guys think he's crazy, but he's playing you, fools. He wants it that way. He wants the close-minded people who can't get past his image and story to stay away. He's genius in that regard. Like someone said already, when I listen to his music, do you think I have this image of him in my head? No. I just listen to the music.

And JohnSDMF, that pic is so old it's most likely not the way he looks now. That was from his teens. He's in his 30s now, roughly mid-30s, I'd guess.

EFISH
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2007, 08:02:53 PM »

You guys think he's crazy, but he's playing you, fools. He wants it that way. He wants the close-minded people who can't get past his image and story to stay away. He's genius in that regard. Like someone said already, when I listen to his music, do you think I have this image of him in my head? No. I just listen to the music.

And JohnSDMF, that pic is so old it's most likely not the way he looks now. That was from his teens. He's in his 30s now, roughly mid-30s, I'd guess.
"When did you get your first Bucket?"
"1952"

Damn.......weird he got his first bucket 20 years before he was born.  hihi

And, you might think he's "playing us closed-minded" people.
Dude, the guy has this crazy chicken story, wears a fucking KFC bucket, and a Mike Myers mask on his head, and talks out of a hand-puppet!

I KNOW he's a great guitarist.......I LOVE his solo stuff...........but he's still a FREAK!!!
gnrfanxxx
Rocker

The majority

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2007, 08:41:45 PM »

he rocks

where does it leave me, when you dont believe in me?
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2007, 09:01:43 PM »

Hi Everyone!

There's another story:

He was on holidays with his parents as a child, visiting a friend of him at the farm of this friends grandparents. For breakfast they served fresh eggs, right from the chickens. Where do they come from, he asked? - They answered these were meant to be baby-chickens! - He was shocked and refused to eat eggs after this answer ...

Someone wrote this about him:

His main reasons for the creation of Buckethead is to separate ego from art and to deal with performance anxiety and the artistic blockages it creates.

Since the early 90?s there have been many interviews in which either Buckethead himself or others close to him explain these motives further. There's so much testimony for that, it?s not even funny. Sure, now he?s an accomplished guitar player (after proving his actual artistic worth time and time again) it?s easy to make it seem like he generates tons of attention with it. Like it?s obvious that the road to become one of the most respected instrumentalists is substantially shorter with such an appearance. However, it?s just that kind of reasoning that made the start of his career way more of an uphill battle in terms of credibility and respect for his musicianship, than it would have been looking like everybody else. It really put up some big hurdles in the beginning. And it took some very open minded (yet very respected people) to embrace him for others to follow. Despite the initial absence of fame and money, he kept doing his thing because it obviously helped him with other, more important, things.

Anyway, pretty nice interview! Thanks for sharing! Comes across a bit strange though, as if a lot of what was said was heavily altered by the interviewer. Just doesn?t sound much like Buckethead to me. Some other (to me better) interviews and stories would be:

http://qfg.info/misc/destroyallmonsters.txt

http://www.bingebuddies.com/html%20texte/Buckethead%20Interview%20@%20riffage_com.htm

http://www.citypaper.net/articles/111199/feat.20q.shtml

http://www.mishmashmagazine.com/features/buckethead/buckethead_review.html

-PEACE-

Roll Eyes rofl

Someone?

Thanks for ripping my post off of CD.com, without any mention or notification. "Someone" check whether the IP address stems from France.? rofl hihi

-PEACE-

bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2007, 10:03:03 PM »

"When did you get your first Bucket?"
"1952"

Damn.......weird he got his first bucket 20 years before he was born.? hihi

And, you might think he's "playing us closed-minded" people.

I "might" think he's playing you? No, sir. Your post just proves he IS playing you, and you seem more than happy to play along. Fiddle.

Oh, yeah, good to hear you're a fan. I'm sure he'd love to have a bunch of fans just like you thinking he's a crazy freak. Hell, with fans like you ... well, you're smart guy, I'm sure you know how the rest of that old saying plays out.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 10:06:07 PM by bigbri » Logged

michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2007, 09:28:15 PM »

You know that big, epic solo in TWAT is Robin's, right? Unless you're talking about a different solo in the song somewhere after that. Making an argument out of it would be pretty pointless, too, since nobody has song writings credits in front of them. But if you say it's Buckethead, you obviously don't know how Robin Finck plays or what it sounds like compared to Buckethead. Finck's solo makes TWAT. Buckethead is a brilliant player but I don't like seeing him get the credit for every piece of good that's come out of the demos or what have you. It's Finck's solo.

That solo actually splits about 50/50 between the two of them, Bucketheads part being the second half. Come on, Finck couldn't play that fast if you held a gun to his head. About halfway through that last solo you can hear the tone of the guitar change, as well as the style. There a couple of distinct Bucket-isms that give it away.
axleu
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2007, 04:48:29 AM »

Nonsense.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2007, 07:59:09 AM »

That idiot was the nail in the coffin for Gn'R IMO... When I saw them in 2002 he was a joke... A Numchuck solo at a Gn'R show?? Handing out toys??? How frigging lame....

asianstyles
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2007, 10:19:26 AM »

That idiot was the nail in the coffin for Gn'R IMO... When I saw them in 2002 he was a joke... A Numchuck solo at a Gn'R show?? Handing out toys??? How frigging lame....

A Buckethead nunchuk solo is much more interesting than a Matt Sorum drum solo...
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2007, 12:38:36 PM »

How frigging lame....

Just like your post.

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2007, 03:04:43 PM »

A Buckethead nunchuk solo is much more interesting than a Matt Sorum drum solo...

I'll give you that..  But they needed to do something while Axl was washing and blow drying his hair in the middle of  shows....

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2007, 04:56:16 AM »

look I know I like to rip on Buckethead more than anyone but the guy is a phenomenal guitarist...you would have to be deaf not to realize that...i just never thought this guy fit in Guns N Roses....i mean the whole 2002 thing with Axl running around in XXXL football jerseys and Buckethead doing karate moves in between solos...it just seems a world away from where the band is now...
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2007, 09:38:08 PM »

i don't understand why people bother to interview him; all's he spouts is nonsense about buckets and chickens and it's all bullshit
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2007, 11:04:53 AM »

i don't understand why people bother to interview him; all's he spouts is nonsense about buckets and chickens and it's all bullshit

It's funny, if I had used the same words to refer to Axl, I'd be called out by Jarmo personally and branded a hater by everyone else. Guess Bucket bashing is welcome around here. A double standard.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2007, 03:19:15 PM »

It's funny, if I had used the same words to refer to Axl, I'd be called out by Jarmo personally and branded a hater by everyone else. Guess Bucket bashing is welcome around here. A double standard.

Life is a double standard. Luckily it's not us that are missing out.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2007, 04:41:22 PM »

Life is a double standard. Luckily it's not us that are missing out.

I hear ya!

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: