Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 05:05:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227900 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1572722 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7680 on: May 05, 2020, 08:40:23 PM »

But you don't need the tour to release new music, right? 

Of course not.

But if you read my other posts you would get what I'm trying to say.

My view is that an album may have been on the band’s radar but was no where near completion, or at least the logistics were no where near being agreed with the label, hence why an album was not announced around the same time as the tour.

Could be.

If they were still figuring out how to release the stuff when the shows were announced, then it makes sense to keep that part out of the announcements and wait.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #7681 on: May 05, 2020, 11:40:41 PM »

Much larger companies do much more complex things remotely all the time. They aren't launching a lunar orbiter, it's an album (although NASA did fix Apollo 13 from 239,000 miles away).

I'm waiting your list of NASA's accomplishments during a pandemic  hihi

https://climate.nasa.gov/news/2966/covid-19-nasa-science-keeps-the-lights-on/

I'm sure you were being factitious... but they are actually doing a ton with remote workers from continued space operations, launches with contract space companies (like SpaceX), to climate research. Realistically almost nothing has changed for most major companies. I work for Dell Technologies (DellEMC Data Center), the Jet Propulsion Lab in Pasadena is one of my accounts and they are still buying tech for ongoing projects. Same with hundreds of other private and public sector companies.

I do see Jarmo's recent point that a release followed by nothing wouldn't be ideal... I still think they load the barrel and be ready to fire when they can make an announcement on the rescheduled tour dates when the world opens up. Then release it with a few weeks lead time for the tour. Until then they could certainly release a compilation of live tracks from the last 4 years. Use this as an opportunity to tie a release of a GnR written live track (like Jungle as an example) with the live cover of Black Hole Sun and tie some of it's proceeds to a mental health related charity. In the current climate there are certainly risk factors tied to the "social distancing" that are worth drawing attention to and specifically drawing attention towards resources.

Just be creative... Anything is better than sitting an collectively waiting for LiveNation refund info and tour date cancelations.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #7682 on: May 06, 2020, 04:27:27 AM »

Look at what Hollywood is doing with Digital Releases vs. Theaters... If that industry can work through the pandemic than surely a band can release an album or even a single to wet the lips of it's fans that are seeing all of their shows cancelled and being stuck in isolation.

Uhh, Hollywood is delaying movie premieres left and right...

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #7683 on: May 06, 2020, 08:02:33 AM »

Look at what Hollywood is doing with Digital Releases vs. Theaters... If that industry can work through the pandemic than surely a band can release an album or even a single to wet the lips of it's fans that are seeing all of their shows cancelled and being stuck in isolation.

Yes, because we can hardly go to the cinema right now, but there's nothing stopping us buying music from itunes or buying physical albums online.

As for Guns wanting to release an album to tie-in with a tour, since when has GnR followed the industry 'norm'? The illusion albums were released long after a tour had started. The fact remains that an album will sell very well and a release will only increase demand for tickets, regardless of when said album is released.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 08:05:52 AM by Stardust » Logged

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #7684 on: May 06, 2020, 08:09:46 AM »

My view is that an album may have been on the band’s radar but was no where near completion, or at least the logistics were no where near being agreed with the label, hence why an album was not announced around the same time as the tour.

Could be.

If they were still figuring out how to release the stuff when the shows were announced, then it makes sense to keep that part out of the announcements and wait.

/jarmo

Just in case no agreement with the label can be made and nothing materializes?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7685 on: May 06, 2020, 10:20:17 AM »

I don't think nothing is an option. I think it's more about when.

And until you're sure about the when, it's better not to make statements, which would be taken as promises. This has happened in the past.... Hopefully we all learn from the past.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #7686 on: May 06, 2020, 10:59:36 AM »

I don't think nothing is an option. I think it's more about when.

And until you're sure about the when, it's better not to make statements, which would be taken as promises. This has happened in the past.... Hopefully we all learn from the past.

/jarmo

Oh the irony
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7687 on: May 06, 2020, 11:34:01 AM »

Oh the irony

That you haven't learned anything regarding GN'R from the past is the ironic part? Cheesy

I agree.

/jarmo

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #7688 on: May 06, 2020, 12:36:08 PM »

Oh the irony

That you haven't learned anything regarding GN'R from the past is the ironic part? Cheesy

I agree.

/jarmo

hihi hihi

touche'
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7689 on: May 06, 2020, 01:34:29 PM »

Just kidding!

Anyway, some of my points. In short:

In the past, they have made announcements about music coming at a certain point and it didn't happen as planned (Use Your Illusion, Chinese Democracy).

If the plan is to release new music and tour around the same time, there's really little sense in releasing the music when there's no real idea about when the tours will happen. Touring months later after the music is released might make sense to some. But if that's not the way the band wants to do it, then that's their right.

/jarmo

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #7690 on: May 06, 2020, 01:46:53 PM »

Just kidding!

Anyway, some of my points. In short:

In the past, they have made announcements about music coming at a certain point and it didn't happen as planned (Use Your Illusion, Chinese Democracy).

If the plan is to release new music and tour around the same time, there's really little sense in releasing the music when there's no real idea about when the tours will happen. Touring months later after the music is released might make sense to some. But if that's not the way the band wants to do it, then that's their right.

/jarmo

But if that was the plan, wouldn't they have announced the tie in with the new album when the new tour was announced (pre-pandemic, if you can even think back to when the world was normal)?  Instead, the promos called it the "next chapter" and we're supposed to infer because the tour wasn't called NITL that a new album is tied in with it?  There was also a picture of a setlist that showed Hardschool.  None of that screams there was a plan to release an album. 
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7691 on: May 06, 2020, 03:13:56 PM »

Put some music out...  Most of us are home and have your undivided attention...  Capitalize on a rush to steaming movies and TV and put you song on there...  This rush will fade once the steaming providers run out of content and they will because they are not making movies or TV
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 03:15:37 PM by stvyrayvhn » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7692 on: May 06, 2020, 03:44:15 PM »

But if that was the plan, wouldn't they have announced the tie in with the new album when the new tour was announced (pre-pandemic, if you can even think back to when the world was normal)? 

I feel like I keep repeating myself.

Maybe because everything wasn't set in stone at the time the shows were announced.....

And next someone will ask me to list one good reason why they can't release new music tomorrow....  hihi

/jarmo

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #7693 on: May 07, 2020, 02:18:23 AM »

Yes, because we can hardly go to the cinema right now, but there's nothing stopping us buying music from itunes or buying physical albums online.

As for Guns wanting to release an album to tie-in with a tour, since when has GnR followed the industry 'norm'? The illusion albums were released long after a tour had started. The fact remains that an album will sell very well and a release will only increase demand for tickets, regardless of when said album is released.

I said they're DELAYING releases. Not switching to digital releases, which they could do if they wanted. They are simply putting the releases on hold because they feel the cinema experience is important to a premiere. Like how Guns may feel the live experience is important to an album release.

And if your point is that GNR follows no norms, I agree. They've released albums differently almost every time. So it is absolutely a possibility that this time happens to be what is common in the industry. They've already done it all the other ways...

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #7694 on: May 07, 2020, 02:19:28 AM »

But if that was the plan, wouldn't they have announced the tie in with the new album when the new tour was announced (pre-pandemic, if you can even think back to when the world was normal)?

Maybe because everything wasn't set in stone at the time the shows were announced.....

And next someone will ask me to list one good reason why they can't release new music tomorrow....  hihi

/jarmo

How about the post right above you that ignores the entire conversation being had as to why this may not be the perfect time?  Roll Eyes

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #7695 on: May 07, 2020, 02:55:06 AM »

I don't expect them to release something in the middle of a worldwide pandemic.

But let's also be real here, huh?  They also had 3 solid years since their reunion and never come close to releasing anything.

COVID-19 is not preventing new GNR music.  The impediment to GNR releasing music is now, what it has been, and likely always be : Axl.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #7696 on: May 07, 2020, 05:41:48 AM »

^^Hate to say it but this has to be the logical conclusion. We know how prolific slash and to a lesser extent duff are with music releases. We also know how Axl tried to delay the release of the Illusions claiming they weren’t ready, only this time he arguably has more control if not more of a voice when it comes to new music.

Not trolling here. I love Guns and I have huge respect for Axl. The man has brought music to the world that I have been enjoyed for almost 80% of my life and I’m 42. I do wonder though whether certain demands set by Axl for the upcoming release have been flatly refused by the label given their grandiosity hence the continued stalemate.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7697 on: May 07, 2020, 06:39:57 AM »

I don't expect them to release something in the middle of a worldwide pandemic.

But let's also be real here, huh?  They also had 3 solid years since their reunion and never come close to releasing anything.

COVID-19 is not preventing new GNR music.  The impediment to GNR releasing music is now, what it has been, and likely always be : Axl.

2016-2019 was about the tour. I don't think they planned on putting out music during that tour. In that sense 2020 is different. Because the NITL tour ended.

/jarmo

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #7698 on: May 07, 2020, 01:28:42 PM »

And next someone will ask me to list one good reason why they can't release new music tomorrow....  hihi

/jarmo

How about the post right above you that ignores the entire conversation being had as to why this may not be the perfect time?  Roll Eyes

So we're supposed to believe that this band, this well-oiled machine that has successfully toured for the past 4 years without a hiccup, with a stable management team in place, couldn't figure out how to line up the "next chapter" with a new album, when we already knew that the material, by and large, has been completed?  That's a pretty tough sell.  Isn't it more plausible (or at least equally plausible) that there was no plan for an album release, but rather to continue on with the same caveat of looking really hard in that regard, and play Hardschool to show that there is new music, to keep the hope of a new album alive.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #7699 on: May 07, 2020, 05:51:13 PM »

So we're supposed to believe that this band, this well-oiled machine that has successfully toured for the past 4 years without a hiccup, with a stable management team in place, couldn't figure out how to line up the "next chapter" with a new album, when we already knew that the material, by and large, has been completed?  That's a pretty tough sell.  Isn't it more plausible (or at least equally plausible) that there was no plan for an album release, but rather to continue on with the same caveat of looking really hard in that regard, and play Hardschool to show that there is new music, to keep the hope of a new album alive.

FYI, I was referring to the post above his, not the quote of you in his post.

We know the material has been completed? Who confirmed that?

You're arguing a strawman though, nobody said they couldn't line up the tour with the album. Maybe they didn't want to. Or maybe  they did plan to release it at the start of the European tour (the actual "new chapter") and now because the shows are rescheduled, so is the album because they still want them to coincide.

Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: