Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 11:56:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227903 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 384 385 [386] 387 388 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1572813 times)
outlawaxl
Rocker

The King of Kings

« Reply #7700 on: May 08, 2020, 07:45:35 AM »

You're arguing a strawman though,

What does that mean?  What an odd post.
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #7701 on: May 08, 2020, 08:32:05 AM »

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/9371591/new-music-fan-engagement-touring-resumes
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #7702 on: May 08, 2020, 12:47:11 PM »

So we're supposed to believe that this band, this well-oiled machine that has successfully toured for the past 4 years without a hiccup, with a stable management team in place, couldn't figure out how to line up the "next chapter" with a new album, when we already knew that the material, by and large, has been completed?  That's a pretty tough sell.  Isn't it more plausible (or at least equally plausible) that there was no plan for an album release, but rather to continue on with the same caveat of looking really hard in that regard, and play Hardschool to show that there is new music, to keep the hope of a new album alive.

Correctamundo.

This year was going to be about touring.  And then, presumably, they would need some time to unwind.  That's natural.  And then, some time would bee needed to plan the next tour.  And then that tour starts.  What happens after that?  More unwinding.

What's missing?  Anything having to do with an album.  That's not accidental.

Meanwhile, there will always be those good soldiers to lean on old saws like "you don't know what they are planning".  Or "things can change".  And the beaut of all beauts, "just be happy with what you've got."

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7703 on: May 08, 2020, 12:49:32 PM »

This year was going to be about touring. 

Care to provide a source for this fact?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #7704 on: May 08, 2020, 01:02:12 PM »

This year was going to be about touring. 

Care to provide a source for this fact?

/jarmo

Woooooouuuuullllllllld, a list of tour dates all over the world be sufficient?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7705 on: May 08, 2020, 01:23:28 PM »

No, sorry. Not in this case.

Just a simple quote from someone with insight, which states what you stated as a fact, would be sufficient.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #7706 on: May 08, 2020, 01:24:52 PM »

I think we can agree that whether new music comes out will ultimately be down to Axl, but does he even want to release new music having been burnt so badly by the label with Chinese?

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #7707 on: May 08, 2020, 01:43:17 PM »

Just a simple quote from someone with insight, which states what you stated as a fact, would be sufficient.

Classic.

This is always my favorite part of this dance.

SCENARIO #1 : The band will continue to tour.  They will pay the occasional lip service to how they are "looking very seriously in that regard" in terms of new music, but it ultimately goes nowhere.  The tour comes and goes and another tour follows it, same pattern.

SCENARIO #2: The band will continue to tour.  At the same time, they will be bitten by the ambition bug at which point a new album emerges they are excited about and promote heavily both in set lists and through media, both print and social.

Scenario #1 has been proved time and again, over many years and several incarnations of the band.  Up to, and including, the most current iteration.  But to suggest that will continue to be the case makes you an asshole.  Are you even a fan, bro?  You don't even know, dude.  You don't even know.

Scenario #2 has no recent track record whatsoever, and has really not been the case since 1991.  But "real fans" know that this is just around the corner.  The beauty being, this is a consequence free boast as you will NEVER have to admit you were mistaken about when it inevitably fails to pan out.  As an added bonus, you really never have to even answer that bell, because you can always claim that salvation could be just over that next hill.  Just wait!  You'll see!!

I love it.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, Axl Rose shows little to no interest in new music and seems content being a touring operation.  Nothing will ever, ever, EVER change "in this regard" until he changes his mind.

Fortunately, he no longer tours with a scab band, his is 100% more professional in his approach, and seems happy with what he is doing for the first time, I'd argue...ever.  So the shows are killer.

That's the state of GNR fandom in 2020.

Real talk.

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #7708 on: May 08, 2020, 02:06:18 PM »

/jarmo

Didn't realize we needed concrete evidence from band members or employees for the rumor/speculation thread...

I am basing my opinion on the fact that, if "next chapter" meant "new album", it certainly would have been promoted as such, as that would have generated a lot more interest and buzz than just another tour. 

Instead, "next chapter" means whatever the hell ends up happening...which could mean a new album, a new song, more covers, or touring in places they haven't gone to before (or in a long time).  It literally can't be wrong. 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7709 on: May 08, 2020, 02:36:06 PM »

SCENARIO #1 : The band will continue to tour.  They will pay the occasional lip service to how they are "looking very seriously in that regard" in terms of new music, but it ultimately goes nowhere.  The tour comes and goes and another tour follows it, same pattern.

SCENARIO #2: The band will continue to tour.  At the same time, they will be bitten by the ambition bug at which point a new album emerges they are excited about and promote heavily both in set lists and through media, both print and social.

Scenario #1 has been proved time and again, over many years and several incarnations of the band.  Up to, and including, the most current iteration.  But to suggest that will continue to be the case makes you an asshole.  Are you even a fan, bro?  You don't even know, dude.  You don't even know.

Scenario #2 has no recent track record whatsoever, and has really not been the case since 1991.  But "real fans" know that this is just around the corner.  The beauty being, this is a consequence free boast as you will NEVER have to admit you were mistaken about when it inevitably fails to pan out.  As an added bonus, you really never have to even answer that bell, because you can always claim that salvation could be just over that next hill.  Just wait!  You'll see!!

And how will you react once the album comes out? After all Chinese Democracy was never supposed to be out either...

You're assuming a lot. Also, you're using the rare quotes where they did talk about new music against them and then lambast them for not saying that they are indeed looking forward to releasing new music. Just because that one quote in 2014 didn't pan out.

I believe one of the latest quotes from the band actually confirmed that they do have music. But you take this all as meaning they have no interest in releasing it because... Well they didn't in 2014.

This logic is quote astounding among GN'R fans considering just last year they finished a tour called Not  In This Lifetime and you got to witness something you didn't expect to see. Their track record of doing things you didn't expect is already pretty good. So why so negative? Cheesy

I am basing my opinion on the fact that, if "next chapter" meant "new album", it certainly would have been promoted as such, as that would have generated a lot more interest and buzz than just another tour. 

That's logic. You see that and come to a conclusion based on it.

The other poster just likes to come to different conclusions based on him not taking things into consideration. And the fact that hes never wrong about anything in his won opinion.

Honestly I don't get the idea some have that the band has no interest in releasing new music. I'll share that mentality once I hear it from Axl. Until then, they're on their own.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #7710 on: May 08, 2020, 02:38:04 PM »

Didn't realize we needed concrete evidence from band members or employees for the rumor/speculation thread...

Of course you don't.

But it's an easy way to try and big time you though.  Shuts the conversation down with an impossible standard that can't possibly be met.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #7711 on: May 08, 2020, 02:41:31 PM »

And how will you react once the album comes out?

Unbridled joy.  The same way I reacted to a reunion I never thought would happen.

I'm happy with how things are.  I think the way things are right now is pretty much our best case scenario.  A competent professional band, seen as credible in the eyes of the public, that puts on great shows for their fans.

If that's how it remains until god call us all, I'm satisfied.

I'm just never going to give anyone grief that says they don't see anything more.  Because neither do I.  "Never know, could happen" is a not a Profile In Courage, in my view.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7712 on: May 08, 2020, 03:27:01 PM »

Great!

And I believe the band isn't just gonna do that, they'll do more than that.

/jarmo

thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #7713 on: May 08, 2020, 03:51:22 PM »

I'm happy with how things are.  I think the way things are right now is pretty much our best case scenario.  A competent professional band, seen as credible in the eyes of the public, that puts on great shows for their fans.

Competent and professional? Shocked I fear, this isn't sarcasm, is it? There are so many things wrong with this "band" right now... it's bloody awful. Even casual fans get a glimpse of that - and they don't know anything about a certain children's book.

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #7714 on: May 08, 2020, 04:56:06 PM »

Competent and professional? Shocked I fear, this isn't sarcasm, is it? There are so many things wrong with this "band" right now... it's bloody awful. Even casual fans get a glimpse of that - and they don't know anything about a certain children's book.

Outside of the new music problems - of course they are competent and professional
The live shows have been nothing short of spectacular, they have been on time, they play for 3 friggin hours, they look like a well oiled machine out there

What am I missing?
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7715 on: May 08, 2020, 05:32:26 PM »

The only response to any new album I have now is 'I'll believe it when I have it in my hands/ears'.

Having any other attitude doesn't really make sense to me.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7716 on: May 08, 2020, 06:38:46 PM »

It's amazing when this is "bloody awful"... What does it make what we had in say 2003 or 2015? When we didn't really know if there was a band. Never mind trying to tour in a time of a pandemic.

/jarmo

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #7717 on: May 08, 2020, 07:16:33 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/gunsnroses/photos/a.355783028068/10158474013678069/?type=3&theater

"Guns N' Roses
· 5 mins ·

Live tour footage is coming soon...
🤘"

It's almost like they are reading this page...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #7718 on: May 08, 2020, 09:51:44 PM »

Absolutely.

They show up on time.  They play for close to three hours.  There is zero drama or nonsense.  No one storms off the stage.  No one is too drunk to play.  Everyone up there looks happy.

Compare the past 3 years of show to literally any era of the band.  What's not to like?

Look, I have a bunch of boots.  I listen to all eras.  And, truth be told, the UYI tour has always (and likely always will) get the bulk of my attention and what I consider their best shows.  But it's their best shows...warts and all.  The songs themselves are great and so is Axl.  But there are also 11PM start times.  There are tedious drum solos.  There are rants and songs stopped half way through because Axl doesn't like the way someone is looking at him.  There are riots and shows cut short. 

Even some of my favorite GNR boots (Saratoga Springs 6/10/91, NYC 12/31/91, Chicago 4/20/92, Indianapolis 7/22/92) are chock full of bullshit you have to endure to get to the music.

I see none of that from 4/1/2016 onwards.  It's like night and day.  No, Axl doesn't sound like he did in 1992.  But overall, it's a much better run operation.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #7719 on: May 09, 2020, 01:14:56 AM »

You're arguing a strawman though,

What does that mean?  What an odd post.

You don't know what a strawman fallacy is? If so, the only strange thing here is your lack of knowledge of basic rhetorical devices and abrasive response to a comment that was not directed at and had nothing to do with you...
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 01:22:36 AM by PermissionToLand » Logged

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Pages: 1 ... 384 385 [386] 387 388 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: