Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 12:31:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227852 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Mercks "2005 - the year of GNR" statement
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mercks "2005 - the year of GNR" statement  (Read 8180 times)
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2005, 04:15:15 PM »

I like james and his posts.  I am just as negative as him most of the time.  I'd rather have his (and my) point of view voiced here than to have aboard full of cheering optomistic people who blindly show faith when there is no reason for it.

Does that mean I hate GNR or Axl or Merck....no way.  It means that I am frustrated by this because I want it so bad.  What can be viewed by one person as negativity can be viewed by another as passion.  It will seem wrong and weird to alot of you, but to those of us who tend to be negative after all the false alarms and failed tour and wait, etc, it seems perfectly normal to show our passion through negative comments. 

Damn it!!!!  I want this thing now!!!! 
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2005, 04:18:23 PM »

I like james and his posts.? I am just as negative as him most of the time.? I'd rather have his (and my) point of view voiced here than to have aboard full of cheering optomistic people who blindly show faith when there is no reason for it.

Does that mean I hate GNR or Axl or Merck....no way.? It means that I am frustrated by this because I want it so bad.? What can be viewed by one person as negativity can be viewed by another as passion.? It will seem wrong and weird to alot of you, but to those of us who tend to be negative after all the false alarms and failed tour and wait, etc, it seems perfectly normal to show our passion through negative comments.?

Damn it!!!!? I want this thing now!!!!?

Realize one think.
This is Guns N`Roses we are talking about
After you have realized that, you may find out that there is no reason to be negative.
Because that wont help either way. It will just make your nerves week  hihi

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2005, 04:27:30 PM »

The reason why the post count has gone down is simple, There's nothing to talk about.  Hell, I check this site several times a day, yet I don't post as much.  Everyones just waiting.  I've waited since 94, and it won't change until the album is released.  Then i'll wait for the next album Grin

blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2005, 05:39:55 PM »

I bitched about his damn statements a month ago.  Then they locked my damn thread.   Fact is he did say this was the year.   And guess what we aint gonna get shit..    Anyone got a rope.

Kayne West qoute "George Bush dont like black people".  Kayne West is like the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Shes a gold digger says it all.  His mind, his ideas, his art, is nothing short of genius.
Dust N Rose
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2005, 08:12:34 PM »

The reason why the post count has gone down is simple, There's nothing to talk about.? Hell, I check this site several times a day, yet I don't post as much.? Everyones just waiting.? I've waited since 94, and it won't change until the album is released.? Then i'll wait for the next album Grin.?

We're lucky to have sues from Slash and others so we can have news. Tongue
(Ok now, I didn't mean that).
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2005, 08:18:59 PM »

The reason why the post count has gone down is simple, There's nothing to talk about.? Hell, I check this site several times a day, yet I don't post as much.? Everyones just waiting.? I've waited since 94, and it won't change until the album is released.? Then i'll wait for the next album Grin.?

Amen to that. I became a fan through Appetite when GnR was pre-"jumped the shark" UYI era and became a fan again through Oh My God. Ill be honest, year after year Ive gotten used to the dissappointment until Merk made that statement..but I either than that I dont get my hopes up because the lack of news and communication to the fans gives me a headache with the negative ass clowns who frequent sometimes. '

James Lofton, you have some trippy fucking posts when Im baked, you remind me of the mother from Stephen King's Carrie along the lines of "There all gunna laugh at you" negativety Tongue

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2005, 11:20:26 PM »

A release date will cleanse the board of negativity as well as the refreshing waters of a rearend colonic. Unfortunately, Uncle Axl hasn't opened the dam for the deluge.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2005, 12:07:07 AM »

A release date will cleanse the board of negativity as well as the refreshing waters of a rearend colonic. Unfortunately, Uncle Axl hasn't opened the dam for the deluge.

any kind of statement would be appreciated. Some communication with the fans would be really nice.
Hell, Id even be happy with another helping of? 'burning hills'-style, bizarre ramblings or another lofty gem in the vein of:

"societal repression of deep and often agonizing emotions - some of which may be willingly accepted for one reason or another - the appropriate expression of which (one that promotes a healing, release and a positive resolve) is often discouraged and many times denied. Emotionally the song contemplates several abstract perspectives drawing from personal expression as well as from the film (End Of Days) and its metaphors. The appropriate expression and vehicle for such emotions and concepts is not something taken for granted."

Its better than this current freeze out
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 12:16:01 AM by jimmythegent » Logged

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
noizzynofuture
Rocker

Spread the Virus

« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2005, 01:42:21 AM »

Foget Merck's statement, instead lets put the blame on the right person.

? ?

Press Release Source: Sanctuary Records Group
Guns N' Roses Not Able to Perform at Rock in Rio
Tuesday March 30, 6:00 am ET
A Message from W. Axl Rose

In the meantime rather than dwelling on the negative, Guns will be moving forward and surprisingly (without giving away any details) this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further. Regardless we hope to announce a release date within the next few months.

Sincerely,

W. Axl Rose

A few months Huh??

Defend this Dave, or any of the other "axl can do no wrong supporters".

One more fucking lie, and don't argue semantics with me as to "we hope".

The man has no idea how to keep a committment, pretty damn shallow.
GNRisSLASH
Banned
Rocker

Ch. Democracy will be out when China's a Democracy

« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2005, 02:11:40 AM »

Foget Merck's statement, instead lets put the blame on the right person.

Press Release Source: Sanctuary Records Group
Guns N' Roses Not Able to Perform at Rock in Rio
Tuesday March 30, 6:00 am ET
A Message from W. Axl Rose

In the meantime rather than dwelling on the negative, Guns will be moving forward and surprisingly (without giving away any details) this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further. Regardless we hope to announce a release date within the next few months.

Sincerely,

W. Axl Rose

A few months Huh??

Defend this Dave, or any of the other "axl can do no wrong supporters".

I feel bad for Merck. he probably listens to all the stuff axl spews such as the statement about announcing a date in the next few (3) months.  he should know by now that axl clearly can't keep a committment and that he should just not say anything regarding gnr unless he wants to look bad.  doing pr for axl must be a nightmare.

"It'll be out by 2009"
christina_rose
Headliner

Axl is my everything

« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2005, 03:18:32 AM »

Every year it's the same thing. The whole year is spent thinking the album will come out, and it never does. Then it starts all over again. I come here every now and then, and there's not alot going on. But I still come, and I still read what's here. I wish the album would come out, or at least get something other than "soon". And here it is September 2005. The speculation continues, and no real word from anyone. But I'm here, and I wait. If it comes out, then cool. If not, it's just the same old stuff as always. This is nothing new. Yeah it stinks, but I've been following this too long to give up now, or ever.Whatever happens, good or bad, I'll still be here next month, next year, whatever.

"And those technical delays had nothing to do with my sorry ass"-Axl Rose
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2005, 03:34:25 AM »

isn't that exactly what he said, 'we hope'?  i dont see any promises or committements.  take it for what it says, you see committment because thats what you WANT to see, but he didn't give it.  theres no semantics involved.  you either don't know how to read, or dont understand what you read.. 
god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2005, 08:01:36 AM »

Hi everybody,

Even I do not always agree with James and other people who complain about things from time to time, they are as valueable to the Forum as everybody else. I guess everybody gets frustrated by the long waiting time and therefor criticism must be allowed. I guess only die hard guns fans are left in this forum, so complaining about a lack of loyalty or enthusiasm might be completely unnecessary.

I do not have any contacts as jarmo or the others have, but looking from the outside on GnR management I personally think a lot of criticism can be outspoken. Obviously it is Mercks and Sanctuarys job to make GnR/ Axl look as good as possible. Nontheless I get the impression that these people really do not have a clue what is going on with Axl / CD, which might be not their fault. But if you do not know what is going on that you should not state things which you can not affect /control, like the 2005 statement. Things like this get back to you, and in the end you loose your credibility...

Anyways as I hinted before, a company and management who can not even control and coordinate themselves properly may not be the right choice for managing somebody as reckless and unpredictable as Axl Rose. Again I do not have any inside knowledge, but the situation from the outside looks chaotic and poorly planned (Mr. Rose?s lawyers may be the only part of mgmt. that acutally truly works). If I am proven wrong I will apologize of course.

Mr. Mercuriadis relatively new role as crises manager as CEO of the sanctuary group may not exactly be helpful in fully concentrating on GnR.

Hoping the best!
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2005, 08:47:26 AM »

people
GNR is a "joke" to the media for YEARS
when the damn midia hear by AXL / GNR MANAGER that "this will be the year of GNR", there?s much more impact that a fucking rumor on the net.
so, IF december comes and no GNR NEWS till then, the midia will go chasing Merk to know what happened... IF JANUARY / FEBRUARY come and NOTHING NEW about GNR, those "jokes" about axl and GNR will just getting bigger and we will problably hear things like "the guy doesn?t even obey his manager... he is loosing his mind... he is carring the GNR name to the mud... bla bla bla" ... oh, and don?t forget that the 2? VR album will be out next year, so the "GNR / AXL?S jokes" will be more embarrasing... rs...

peace

RTK
Headliner

« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2005, 04:38:47 PM »

whats really intersting is that real music fans always complain about how the management and record companies control their musicians and basicaaly use them as tools to make money.  This is the opposite with axl and cd.  Sanctuary has no control over him and neither does interscope and we all complain about that.  But we would complain jus as much if they had complete control and his artistic visions werent accepted.  Its a situation of win/lose if u go to either end of the spectrum, and the idea is to find a good balance or give more freedom to dependable artists who actually jus want to make music and play it (VR) and less to uncontrolable ones like axl.  They have givem him too much say in what goes on, and it has become no longer a question of his artistic vision causing him to constantly change the music but rather him not feeling much pressure. 

Jus like any corrput government, as long as the people generally stay quite the government will keep on being corrupt.  The only solution is to loudly voice our anger and frustration not only with axl but with his management group and anyone involved in what i fear the most to be forever known as the biggesy blunder in music history. 

Axl mus surely understand that its impossible to make a perfect album, and either way there will be negative criticism of it, but working on something for this long and not allowing anyone to control him is unexcusabble.  If CD ever comes out, the first and only question to axl should be: What the F*** took so long?
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2005, 05:04:06 PM »

Merck is a decent man and has offered some information which was correct at the time.

You complain when there is no info then complain when info is offered. Make up your minds  Roll Eyes
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2005, 05:37:19 PM »

You complain when there is no info then complain when info is offered. Make up your minds? Roll Eyes

Why can't people both have the cake and eat it?  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2005, 06:05:01 PM »

I dont complain if I recieve no info.  I complain when i recieve info that is nothing but a CROCK OF SHIT!  All his statements did was let everyone down.

Kayne West qoute "George Bush dont like black people".  Kayne West is like the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Shes a gold digger says it all.  His mind, his ideas, his art, is nothing short of genius.
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2005, 06:10:30 PM »

You complain when there is no info then complain when info is offered. Make up your minds? Roll Eyes

Why can't people both have the cake and eat it?? hihi

/jarmo

What's the point of having a cake, and not being able to eat it?  Bloody stupid saying........
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2005, 06:26:11 PM »

Merck is a good guy.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: