Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 07:08:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Spectacle - VR on tour
| | | | |-+  VR setlist evolution
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: VR setlist evolution  (Read 26638 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: November 09, 2004, 11:52:22 AM »

Here are some setlists from the European tour and some recent shows.

I was hoping they'd mix up the setlist for this new leg and play longer sets, but as you can see that has yet to happen.

Seems like Spectacle appears sometimes instead of Mr. Brownstone.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
August 12, 2004
? ? ? Stockholm, Sweden
? ?
September 2, 2004
? ? ? London, England
? ?
November 1, 2004
? ? ? Austin, TX
? ?
November 6, 2004
? ? ? Southaven, MS
? ?
Sucker Train Blues
? ? ? Do It For The Kids
? ? ? Headspace
? ? ? Crackerman
? ? ? Illegal i Song
? ? ? It's So Easy
? ? ? Fall To Pieces
? ? ? Big Machine
? ? ? Set Me Free
? ? ? Used To Love Her
? ? ? Slither
? ? ? Sex Type Thing
? ? ? Mr. Brownstone
? ? ? Bodies
? ?
Sucker Train Blues
? ? ? Do It For The Kids
? ? ? Headspace
? ? ? Spectacle
? ? ? Crackerman
? ? ? Illegal i Song
? ? ? Fall To Pieces
? ? ? Big Machine
? ? ? Set Me Free
? ? ? Used To Love Her
? ? ? Slither
? ? ? Sex Type Thing
? ? ? It's So Easy
? ? ? Negative Creep
? ?
Sucker Train Blues
? ? ? Do It For The Kids
? ? ? Headspace
? ? ? Superhuman
? ? ? Illegal i Song
? ? ? Spectacle
? ? ? Fall To Pieces
? ? ? Big Machine
? ? ? It's So Easy
? ? ? Sex Type Thing
? ? ? Set Me Free
? ? ? Used To Love Her
? ? ? No More No More
? ? ? Slither
? ?
Sucker Train Blues
? ? ? Do It For The Kids
? ? ? Headspace
? ? ? Superhuman
? ? ? Crackerman
? ? ? Illegal i Song
? ? ? Fall To Pieces
? ? ? Big Machine
? ? ? It's So Easy
? ? ? Sex Type Thing
? ? ? Set Me Free
? ? ? Used To Love Her
? ? ? No More No More
? ? ? Mr. Brownstone
? ? ? Slither
? ?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2004, 12:06:53 PM »

I agree it's very similar with teh exception of some covers and swtiching the few gnr tunes.. It might be out of this album this is the only music they will play, it will have to change eventually to support whatever new stuff they coming out..

On a side note I am kind of glad ithey play without big band solos like in shows like tokyo for gnr.. I know they esxtend SLither, but that's cool, I just don't need each individual member getting a solo each outside of the songs..  I don't know each show they've done so I'm sorry if they have..
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2004, 02:02:46 PM »

I think adding solos would be cool

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2004, 02:16:25 PM »

I don't know why they don't play longer sets.

They're saving Weiland's voice, they don't want to or what.

But if they're saving his voice, they could let Duff do a cover.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2004, 02:18:11 PM »

maybe a little something, but nothing like then illusions, mnatt's druming killed me..
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2004, 02:57:06 PM »

I don't know why they don't play longer sets.

They're saving Weiland's voice, they don't want to or what.

But if they're saving his voice, they could let Duff do a cover.

/jarmo

Just wondering, but how much longer would you like them to be?

For me, I prefer a fast moving show that keeps the momentum building, no extended solos or excessive acoustic/ballad type stuff.? When I saw VR early on? "Used To Love Her" absolutely killed the flow of the set, though they finished strong it was still more or less a novelty that could have been better served missing.? At the festival show I saw VR at a few weeks ago, the show was fast paced and built to an absolute crescendo with "Slither" as a closer to a blistering 11 song set.? No need for longer just for the sake of longer, always leave them wanting more.

As for letting Duff do a cover, lets not get carried away.? Scott's the front man for a reason you know..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2004, 03:04:38 PM »

I like how their setlist are now. A little short?...maybe. But the 90 or so minutes that they do perform are full of energy and make for an incredible show. I'd rather them keep the setlist the way it is now, instead of adding in guitar/drum solos to make the concert longer.

I'm not saying everyone, but some fans tend to get bored during solos.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2004, 05:24:24 PM »

I dunno, when I saw them the moshpit was crazy so the setlist was just long enough.. we were knackered afterwards.

I'd like to see a little more jamming or something.. something impromptu.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2004, 05:40:46 PM »

Just adding two songs would be nice. Make it a little more different than the last leg.

Stuff like playing Spectacle and Mr. Brownstone instead of playing just one of them.

I'm not expecting two hour shows, but I did think they'd add at least one song from their own album to this second leg.

/jarmo

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2004, 06:48:07 PM »

Just adding two songs would be nice. Make it a little more different than the last leg.

Stuff like playing Spectacle and Mr. Brownstone instead of playing just one of them.

/jarmo

That would be a thought for sure, luckily Superhuman and Spectacle were a part of the festival set I saw it Tulsa last month.

I've been split on the GNR covers that could/should be involved in the set, It's So Easy is a no brainer obviously and Weiland has a way with Brownstone.  Along those lines, I thought at the beginning Jungle should never be considered but I'm beginning to think it might be a kick for the fans and the band alike.  Not staples of the set mind you, but an occassional surprise would be cool.
Maybe not the whole tune, but blasting the riff every now and again would definately take the energy to another level.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
gnrvrrule
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2004, 07:00:43 PM »

It seems like the last few shows have been at least slightly longer, playing all 3 Gn'r songs plus one of their new covers.  Overall, I would prefer a few more songs, but when I see them in Chicago, I'm gonna be so happy just to see them live for the first time that I really won't care that much.
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2004, 05:04:53 AM »

I still think the set list is waaaaaaaaay too short. They're now playing at bigger venues, which should translate in a longer concert, a 2 hours one like mostly any band plays, even the 60 year old stones. They have enough songs to do it, you just have to add YGNR, Interstate love song or any gnr tune that weiland can hit in a good day  hihi

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2004, 08:57:49 AM »

I keep reading so many people belly aching about the time (70-90 minutes) vr is playing say compared to gnr.. I just don't get it, when I watched shows growing up of gnr at places like the ritz they had electric shows but nothing in time like when the illusions started..

I think vr is a band that is fast paced and keeps the the music rolling.. Rememebr gnr days during the illusions where there would be those long ass drunm solos, n all the other band mates doing tons of stuff that was boring..
I know they haven't played like 3 songs, but they play covers which is more then their entire album.. Their album is 56 minutes long,...

They're playing like 13 songs per show when alone.. I know the setlist can be old, but the band isn't that old, contraband came out in june, it's november..

What can you expect when they have one album under their belt and this tour supports that album?? Plus they're giving you stp/gnr covers ,some aero, cheap trick, queen.. I know it rotates but you can't expect real long shows when they don't have tons of material..

New gnr played 2 hour shows and they included new songs plus old so now that's not a long show either considering their selection ability..

Throw a rant in their, some meet the band and some boring solos and you can have a longer show, but who needs that?? I rather have a bnand play their asses off and keep the energy high all the way through..

Just know when they get more music to promote they will play other songs and the shows may be longer.. I think we're spoiled frm gnr days and expect them to start on top, just be patient it's still new so to speak..

feel free to share your views..
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2004, 10:49:36 AM »

I find it funny how some band members keep pointing out in interview that they're unpredictable.

How?

They've basically had the same set list since May.

I know they can't play 2 hours, but I think they could do something "extra" for this leg of the tour. It's an arena tour and the second North American tour. Many people have already seen them play the clubs and now they get almost the same set again....

They put on a great show, we know that already. I just wish they'd take more chances..... Mix it up a little.

/jarmo

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2004, 11:00:16 AM »

The dangerous stuff is just them hyping them , the  cd/album,  and things like that.. It's just normal things to grab attention..

I agree too, they could mix it up, they could throw in other songs.. I don't know why they don't try lta, ygnr, or what ever..

PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2004, 02:26:23 PM »

I'd like to hear Slash do the Godfather solo or Only Women Bleed solo.  They are great.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2004, 02:56:27 PM »

I'd like to hear Slash do the Godfather solo or Only Women Bleed solo.? They are great.

Did he play an extension of slither with his solos at philly??
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2004, 03:56:53 AM »

maybe a little something, but nothing like then illusions, mnatt's druming killed me..

Matt played way too much and I don't understand why anyone enjoys a 10 minute drum solo? Seriously OK we know they can keep a beat but do I want to give up 1-2 songs for it? F' NO!. Guitar solos, like the godfather, are alright, not my favorite. I do however enjoy the shorter solos that start into a song

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2004, 06:11:02 AM »

I don't think their set-list is too short, but  Undecided isn't it a bit stupid to play the same set every night? Maybe they should start to do like Audioslave... having the same rant every night...  Undecided
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2004, 10:24:40 AM »

Nothing at the moment is unpredictable in a velvet revolver show, speaking of the set list of course. As jarmo has stated, it hasn't evolved, it's basically the same set list as the one from the previous N. American tour.  And by the way, this is an arena tour. Nobody plays arenas with a one hour and a half shows, that's just way too short rant

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: