Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 05:41:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Spectacle - VR on tour
| | | | |-+  VR setlist evolution
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: VR setlist evolution  (Read 26637 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2004, 10:31:47 AM »

my only point is you have all these "sceptical" gnr fans who never fail to mention the fact that are gnr really a band when they dont "redord" together yet they dont bring it up when it concerns the most tightest badass dangerous band in the world vr. the same band who basically handed the frontman pre existing tracks and told him to do the best ones. the same dangerous band whos frontman is crying about how sorum has naked chicks walking around.

try reading this, scott wrote the music to the songs, and vr did the instruments... SO no one was handed anything to do, things were offered, scott must have declined then they redid the songs as ONE when they had the band finalised

http://vr.belowempty.com/lyrics.php

So basically the entire badn worked on the album together.. It's not weird for the lead singer to write most of the lyrics because he is singing the music.. So for you to say he was handed music and that's the way it went was just BS.. Each song credits Scott for writing the lyrics to the songs, and the others for the instrumentals so your point is void...

As for scott he's doing the misery loves company crying, it's so typical when people quit their abusive lives, they want everyoine to become saints.. I've never been hooked on heroin, but I'm sure it suck to just quit and do a 180, he must be edgy and pissy alot and might be jealous that matt is having a great time, or maybe he's anti misogynistic as alot of grunge based bands were..
« Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 10:35:17 AM by mikegiuliana » Logged
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2004, 06:44:48 PM »

Music - music

Lyrics - lyrics

I think he was handed the music.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2005, 09:08:37 AM »

I just looked at the setlists from some of the UK shows.

They've done the same set at all shows. Seems like the first one (Jan 9th) had "No More No More" in it, but it was then dropped.....

Sucker Train Blues
Do It for the Kids
Headspace
Superhuman
Illegal I
Crackerman
Dirty Little Thing
Fall to Pieces
Big Machine
It's So Easy
Sex Type Thing
Set Me Free
Used to Love Her
You Got No Right
No More No More (Jan 9th only)
Mr. Brownstone
Slither

I really hope they do something next weekend. The same set three nights in a row sounds kinda boring.  nervous

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2005, 02:34:25 PM »

I really hope they do something next weekend. The same set three nights in a row sounds kinda boring.? nervous

/jarmo

What more/different/order are you hoping for in regards to a setlist? 

17 songs including 11 originals, 5 tunes from their previous bands catalog and a random cover make for a helluva rock show in my book.

Thoughts?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2005, 03:11:39 PM »

17 songs including 11 originals, 5 tunes from their previous bands catalog and a random cover make for a helluva rock show in my book.

Agreed...

I assume Jarmos going three nights in a row, and though I understand slight disappointment over an unchanging set, I dont see how the show could be boring.

I also dont what changes one would expect...Maybe different covers ("NMNM," "Negative Creep," "Surrender"?)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 03:16:08 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2005, 03:27:56 PM »

It would be cool if they didn't play negative creep this time seeing as last time they played london it was that.

I'd like to see them bust out something British..
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2005, 03:33:24 PM »

It would be cool if they didn't play negative creep this time seeing as last time they played london it was that.

Slash said last night that "Helter Skelter" is his favorite British song...VR covering that would be Shocked.

"Bodies" and "Tie Your Mother Down" are possibilities I guess...

If I cold pick one song for VR to cover, itd probably be "London" by The Smiths, but itll never happen.  Cry
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2005, 04:14:03 PM »

Yeah, I'd love to see them do Bodies, the crowd would go nuts.  Actually, any pistols would be great, wasn't that the first thing they jammed on when they started playing together again?
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2005, 04:45:33 PM »

Yup.? First song VR ever played (for a live audience).

Id also love to see "Angie/Mary" come back into the setlist.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 04:47:57 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2005, 07:23:08 PM »

Quote from: Slash
"The first rehearsal, the minute we kicked in, playing the Sex Pistols' God Save the Queen, it was just this powerhouse sound, dynamic, impactful, heavy, loud rock and roll,"

I was actually talking about this;)

Actually, any sort of difference in the setlist would be cool, I just wish they'd throw in the odd surprise or something.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2005, 09:37:40 PM »

With Matt's affinity for his days with The Cult and GNR's history with Ian and Billy, I'd love to hear the boys blasting "She Sells Sanctuary" or anything from Great Britains finest music enigma...

Disclaimer:
The above? is blatantly biased in regards to my favorite rock band..

« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 10:56:19 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2005, 01:55:46 AM »

With Matt's affinity for his days with The Cult and GNR's history with Ian and Billy, I'd love to hear the boys blasting "She Sells Sanctuary" or anything from Great Britains finest music enigma...

Disclaimer:

The Cult rules!! I met Billy Duffy last year....

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2005, 11:53:31 AM »

Id also love to see "Angie/Mary" come back into the setlist.

That'd be great! I would love to hear them doing an acoustic show  drool

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2005, 11:51:54 PM »

Disclaimer:

Sweet.  Where?

I've met and spoke with Billy numerous times over the years, very interesting cat. 

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2005, 09:23:14 AM »

What more/different/order are you hoping for in regards to a setlist??

Thoughts?

Yeah, but do you wanna see the same songs in the same exact order on multiple nights?

It's not like they depend on pyrotechnics and effects on big video screens for their shows, so they have to have a certain set list.

Last year, when they played over here in Europe, they did shorter sets but mixed them up more than on the current UK tour.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Sentimental Rose
Opening Act

I lead a reckless life & I don't need your advice

« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2005, 06:43:19 PM »

I personally would love to hear'm do some more GN'R tunes but I don't know if Scotts voice could hack it! I don't know if matt still does this but when I saw them last summer He played the opening drums ta You Could Be Mine If they would have went through with that song I would of had A fuckin' heartattack drool My only complaint about anything was I couldn't hear Slashs guitar very well. I was like five feet from him and couldn't hear his fuckin' guitar! but yeah a cult song would kick ass She Sells Sanctuary or Fire Woman.

"I've got one foot out the door tryin' to hit the road ain't no match for your mean old man I think its time to roll"
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2005, 01:05:34 AM »

Disclaimer:

Sweet.? Where?

I've met and spoke with Billy numerous times over the years, very interesting cat.?

It was a year or two ago after a Camp Freddy show...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: