Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 07:38:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227878 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Spectacle - VR on tour
| | | | |-+  EAST RUTHERFORD
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: EAST RUTHERFORD  (Read 8071 times)
W.Bailey
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« on: December 04, 2004, 09:20:50 AM »

I was at the ClauseFest last night that VR played. They went on alst and by the time they went on the crowd was pretty much spent...

the crowd went absolutely nuts for Korn and even I who am not a Korn fan has to admit that they stole the show alst night.

I was at the show to see the gunners and I like VR, but they just seemed to be missing something last night. Slash was awesome as usual, but the band just seemed to me missing something, they were awesome when i saw them at Roseland Ballroom a few months ago, but last night was dissapointing.

And unfortunately people weere calling up KROQ( the station that sponsored the show) and saying on the radio how much VR sucked, and how Korn was awesome. So I think it was a rough night for VR.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2004, 09:28:14 AM »

They've had a week off, maybe that explains it?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2004, 10:25:25 AM »

I have heard it as well. some pic

http://krockradio.com/Claus2004/

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=gls====90103&nbc1=1

I have to admitt it doesn't suprise me tehy didn't get a big positive responce, I am not a Korn fan but lets be honest they are a big multi platinum selling band that has been doing great for years and have been pushing their album and pink floyd cover on k-rock for a while now..

Korn fans are not going to be into vr, two totally different types of music.. Korn sell out arenas like nothing by themselves so it's not a shoclk that vr had so few fans and the crowd wasn't into it..

I think vr is getting ahead of themselves at times and taking on things they can't handle being they can't match in fans..

They need to pick their festivals a little better, korn is a group that has a big hardcore fan base, and the music doesn't mix with vr, either way a lesson learned..

I mean korn was on howard stern performing a day before the show..
« Last Edit: December 04, 2004, 01:56:11 PM by mikegiuliana » Logged
EricaLyn087
Headliner

Showtime for strangers

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2004, 10:47:52 AM »

I was there too and loved every minute of Velvet Revolver but despised Korn. I do agree, they stole the show and it upset me to see everyone going crazy over Korn and not so much for VR. Come on, people... Slash is up there!!

There was this jerk a few rows back from me saying, "YOU SUCK!!! YOU'RE WASTED!" to Scott. That made me really upset but for those who were there, you have to agree that something was up with Scott.

The only time I saw the place go absolutely crazy was for It's So Easy and Sex Type Thing. Figures.

I on the other hand, was that annoying girl screaming every single word and bouncing around and cheering. I even yelled out after one of the songs, "I LOVE YOU SCOTT!!!" and he says back, "I love you guys too!"  drool

What did you guys think of the other bands there?

"One time we played a concert in Antwerp, Belgium. At least I thought it was Antwerp, Belgium. Turns out it was a Stop 'n Shop in Wisconsin somewhere, but it was fun man." -- Slash
BP
Rocker

Every time i think i'm out, they pull me back in

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2004, 06:16:33 PM »

I have heard it as well. some pic

http://krockradio.com/Claus2004/

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=gls====90103&nbc1=1

I have to admitt it doesn't suprise me tehy didn't get a big positive responce, I am not a Korn fan but lets be honest they are a big multi platinum selling band that has been doing great for years and have been pushing their album and pink floyd cover on k-rock for a while now..

Korn fans are not going to be into vr, two totally different types of music.. Korn sell out arenas like nothing by themselves so it's not a shoclk that vr had so few fans and the crowd wasn't into it..

I think vr is getting ahead of themselves at times and taking on things they can't handle being they can't match in fans..

They need to pick their festivals a little better, korn is a group that has a big hardcore fan base, and the music doesn't mix with vr, either way a lesson learned..

Mike I think you are half right........?

I've seen Guns N Roses in 92 at East Rutherford Giants stadium.? GNR played last, Metallica 'Stole' the show as far as crowd goes to my young surprised self.? These were all hardcore metalheads & they the fans were worn out after metallica show.? Edit - leave me alone

O well -? New Jersey & you.....? A mix of fuckwitts

-BP
« Last Edit: December 09, 2004, 06:48:29 PM by Bi Polar » Logged

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2004, 06:30:04 PM »

I still have the billings in circus n hit parader as the world's biggest tour.. Metallica had an awesom setlist back then.. They do put on an amazing live show, seen them twice, last time in 97 at msg..

I really wanted to go to see gnr n metallica,I was just a bit young (15)
Back then you had the illsuons n metallica black, two of the best selling albums at the times..

A few people I knew that were older said gnr didn't put on a great show..

Either way the past is the past, I still think they should watch where they play, it's like when limp was big if they closed after them it wouldn't have went well, two different types of rock..

Korn has always been music I couldn't stand,. might be what their fans feel with vr..

Might be like winger playing with nirvana hihi
EricaLyn087
Headliner

Showtime for strangers

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2004, 08:45:14 PM »

HAHA Winger.

"One time we played a concert in Antwerp, Belgium. At least I thought it was Antwerp, Belgium. Turns out it was a Stop 'n Shop in Wisconsin somewhere, but it was fun man." -- Slash
axlslash4eva
Headliner

Suck on That

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2004, 10:52:23 PM »

I was also at the show and I am a big VR fan. I like Korn as well and yes they put on a big show, I believe people liked Korn better because tehy played all theyre hits from all theyre 10 years. Now on the ohte hand VR has been around 4 about a year and has 2 singles and when they played the songs like big machine no1 knew the words. But when they plyed Fall to PIeces everyone was into it. If VR can make it a few more singles and a ferw more years they will get the kind of reaction KOrn got.
EricaLyn087
Headliner

Showtime for strangers

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2004, 08:16:35 AM »

I was also at the show and I am a big VR fan. I like Korn as well and yes they put on a big show, I believe people liked Korn better because tehy played all theyre hits from all theyre 10 years. Now on the ohte hand VR has been around 4 about a year and has 2 singles and when they played the songs like big machine no1 knew the words. But when they plyed Fall to PIeces everyone was into it. If VR can make it a few more singles and a ferw more years they will get the kind of reaction KOrn got.

Yeah, I THOUGHT I heard people singing to Fall To Pieces... right?

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2004, 08:29:39 AM »

Today I was listening to howard stern and robin from the show was at teh concert and said how Korn rocked ,then howard said a buddy was upset because he though vr was going to play gnr/stp covers.. Then he tried to explain it's a new band and things oif that nature..

I wonder how many people that just know gnr n stp just wanted to hear those old songs rather then understand vr is a new group ..

It seems people who don't know vr that well just think they're out there to throw covers for the fans..? I mean you could be at a festival concert and not be into a group, so you would not know what tehy are about..
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2004, 11:45:44 AM »

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/ledger/index.ssf?/base/entertainment-2/110231348282370.xml

Yet the five-hour show -- featuring Velvet Revolver, Korn, Jimmy Eat World, Franz Ferdinand, Papa Roach and Chevelle -- was a disappointment, mostly because of the limitations of Velvet Revolver, who headlined, and Korn, who played second to last.

Velvet Revolver, as any K-Rock listener knows, is an exceptionally well pedigreed new band, featuring former members of Guns N' Roses (guitarist Slash, bassist Duff McKagan, drummer Matt Sorum), Stone Temple Pilots (singer Scott Weiland) and Wasted Youth (guitarist Dave Kushner).

Their debut album, "Contraband," displayed some flashes of genius and has done well commercially, selling more than a million copies. Yet live, they came off like a supergroup that has not coalesced into a real band.

Weiland strutted and posed like he was trying to imitate Mick Jagger at his most androgynous. Slash and McKagan pounded out sturdy but unremarkable hard-rock riffs, and Kushner sometimes tried to push the band in more of a punk direction.

The fast-and-hard "Sucker Train Blues" was a strong opening number, but the band struggled to maintain its momentum. The low point was "Big Machine," where Weiland bellowed out ridiculous, self-pitying lines like "All that first-class jet set brings me down." "Fall To Pieces" was a generic power ballad, though it was saved by an impressively lyrical Slash solo.

---

Korn was clearly the fan favorite, though. The crowd began thinning out as soon as the band's set was over, and by the time Velvet Revolver finished, between a quarter and a half of audience was gone.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2004, 11:55:59 AM »

no doubt ninety percent of the audience was there for korn, I heard robin quivers (howard stern's sidekick) deliver an introduction for them and the crowd was roaring they came to see KORN, in no way should vr have closed the show, they should have been an early act..

Scott does those bowey, jagger esq posses at every show ,they make it sound like he just started this.. It sounds like a first time poerson seeing the show...
W.Bailey
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2004, 01:45:50 PM »

i doubnt VR would have played if they wouldnt go on last
GnRrOcKeR578
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2004, 10:03:12 PM »

I thought VR did great. The people next to me were cheering and along with me singing every song. I just noticed Duff had bass issues. He was kneeling down and checking out his bass. I wonder if you guys noticed it too?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2004, 10:33:10 PM »

The Djs at krock were dissing Vr today about that show. They were also mocking the "antics" of Vr backstage. Saying how they thought they were this super huge group, when in reality they are an average band and they wanted all these security clearances and were being prima donnas and the djs went on to mock the band....they were also comparing the korn show with vr show

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
EricaLyn087
Headliner

Showtime for strangers

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2004, 03:21:39 PM »

The Djs at krock were dissing Vr today about that show. They were also mocking the "antics" of Vr backstage. Saying how they thought they were this super huge group, when in reality they are an average band and they wanted all these security clearances and were being prima donnas and the djs went on to mock the band....they were also comparing the korn show with vr show

Fuck those DJs. What do [they know? Did you notice how they tried to make a comedy hour out of the show when they came on inbetween sets? PLEASE.

Velvet Revolver are not an average band, AT ALL. Whaaatthehell.

What were they saying about the Korn and VR shows, in comparison?

BP
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2004, 03:25:59 PM »

I'm going to give a 'purple nurple' on Thursday first thing!!! Cheesy

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2004, 03:59:30 PM »

lollll....whats the story with that you goin

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
BP
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2004, 04:00:02 PM »

u know me.... i dunno till the last minute Sad     If today was Thursday, then yes.... I was working all along by Lady Liberty.

I dunno what tomorrow brings me yet ---  i'll be around

-BP

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2004, 04:03:59 PM »

u know me.... i dunno till the last minute Sad? ? ?If today was Thursday, then yes.... I was working all along by Lady Liberty.

I dunno what tomorrow brings me yet ---? i'll be around

-BP
I'm down by whitehall alot, you mentioned lady liberty, do you got to the white horse bar at all?
thinizzzy
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2004, 02:51:04 AM »

I was at the show as well, came away with the same impression as most that posted.  VR was real disappointing, I saw them in Philly and it was fuckin great.  Duff probably did have technical problems cuz I didn't think they sounded too well.  Slash seemed to be drowned out compared to other shows I've seen him at. 

I'm not a Korn fan either but they were definetly better considering they played over an hour of singles that everyone knew and were real heavy( even though every song sounded the same).  VR should've went on before Korn it didn't seem to fit after them all the energy from the crowd was dead.  They played all non-singles which about 85% of the crowd didn't know for the first half of the show, (I literally looked around the whole arena during STB and absolutely no one was moving at all everyone was a zombie standing there) which even took the energy out of me.  It didn't help either after watchin Korn to see Weiland prancing around in an orange tiedye half shirt and a gay biker cop hat on either.(lol, y does he where that dumb outfit at every concert? rant) I wouldn't go to one of those k-rock shows again i thought it sucked compared to the philly show i saw.  Yea and fuck those k-rock djs, they're all fuckin dorks.
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: