Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 02:42:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  Pro Tools 7.4 w/ Vista Support
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pro Tools 7.4 w/ Vista Support  (Read 2608 times)
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« on: July 02, 2007, 10:22:47 PM »

The new Pro Tools 7.4 with Vista support is supposed to come out this week!  I don't know if anyone else gives a damn, but I've been waiting awhile for this so I thought I'd spread the news.  ok

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
highway C
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 05:09:56 AM »

got a link to a free protools i can download?
without all the serial number crap and all that
install-open kinda thing
greendog
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 06:53:51 AM »

I wouldnt mind a cracked version of Pro Tools for XP.

I currently use Cubase SX 2... used it for a few years, love it to bits thats why Ive never gotten anything 'newer'. Im tempted to see what all the fuss is with Pro Tools.

My main reason for not updating is because if your good with what you've got, then why bother relearning another program?

Ohwell.
loretian
VIP

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 07:29:00 AM »

You need Pro Tools hardware to run Pro Tools.? You cannot run it without the hardware, so me providing you the software would be pointless.  It's not like Cubase or Sonar.

It only costs like $90 from Digidesign.com anyway.

There is a free version of Pro Tools that doesn't require hardware but it's already free and limited in so many ways.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 07:31:04 AM by loretian » Logged

greendog
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 08:35:53 AM »

You need Pro Tools hardware to run Pro Tools.? You cannot run it without the hardware, so me providing you the software would be pointless.? It's not like Cubase or Sonar.

There is a free version of Pro Tools that doesn't require hardware but it's already free and limited in so many ways.

yeah ive just been scanning around... torrented it the minute after i posted that. installed it and it didnt work... ive looked on the internet for the hardware and theres no fuckin' way im paying between 3-15,000 for it.

cubase it is Cheesy love it anyway. hehe.
loretian
VIP

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 08:40:26 AM »

You need Pro Tools hardware to run Pro Tools.? You cannot run it without the hardware, so me providing you the software would be pointless.? It's not like Cubase or Sonar.

yeah ive just been scanning around... torrented it the minute after i posted that. installed it and it didnt work... ive looked on the internet for the hardware and theres no fuckin' way im paying between 3-15,000 for it.

cubase it is Cheesy love it anyway. hehe.

Yeah, Cubase is cool.  I haven't used it myself but heard many good things.

FYI, the cheapest Pro Tools hardware you can get is the MBox 2 which goes for around $450-$500.

greendog
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 09:09:35 AM »

Yeah, Cubase is cool.? I haven't used it myself but heard many good things.

FYI, the cheapest Pro Tools hardware you can get is the MBox 2 which goes for around $450-$500.

I think if i was to get Pro-Tools I would have to get the more expensive hardware, with more features etc. I mean, I dont know anything about Pro Tools but Ive just heard so many great things about it and paying $450 for the MBox would be like getting a watered down version. In my opinion.

One of my mates had ProTools and he was trying to sell it in my class so he could buy Logic 7 Pro because of the limitations to not having the decent hardware. (again, i dont know about ProTools... im just saying his reasons to getting rid.)

I currently use Cubase SX 2.2 and I can honestly say I prefer it to anything else ive tried out... even more upto date software (such as Logic 7). Though Ive found Logic has better default plugins (i love the bit crusher) but Ive downloaded so many different things for Cubase Ive got everything I need.

Try it out if you get the chance Smiley though its a few years old now. I dont know about Cubase SX 4... ive heard that it cant run Direct X Plugins... there for it is useless to me.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 09:22:48 AM »

For using a cracked version, I would go with Adobe Audition 2.0 anytime...

But I would love to have Pro Tools. Sad

Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 10:14:20 AM »

For using a cracked version, I would go with Adobe Audition 2.0 anytime...

But I would love to have Pro Tools. Sad

Agreed.  I've used Adobe Audition/Cool Edit Pro since college.  90% of radio stations use it as well.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
loretian
VIP

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2007, 05:11:35 PM »

I think if i was to get Pro-Tools I would have to get the more expensive hardware, with more features etc. I mean, I dont know anything about Pro Tools but Ive just heard so many great things about it and paying $450 for the MBox would be like getting a watered down version. In my opinion.

Actually, the LE version of Pro Tools has almost all the features of HD.? ?There are a few things missing, but they are not the kinds of things most people ever need, and certainly not anything you would find in Cubase, for example.? The difference between the two versions is that the sound processing in HD actually occurs on the HD hardware, and for LE, your CPU does all the processing.? ? So, it's not so much a feature difference it's how those features actually run.? ?Also, in LE you are limited to 32 active voices at any one time (but not tracks).

I will definitely give Cubase a shot sometime.? I am pretty happy with Pro Tools right now, but I'd really like to give Logic a try sometime as well.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 05:13:54 PM by loretian » Logged

greendog
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2007, 06:14:00 PM »

The difference between the two versions is that the sound processing in HD actually occurs on the HD hardware, and for LE, your CPU does all the processing.? ? So, it's not so much a feature difference it's how those features actually run.? ?Also, in LE you are limited to 32 active voices at any one time (but not tracks).

Cheers for clearing that up, I might give it a shot sometime when I have a spare $450 for the Mbox Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: