Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:04:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Not a Word Yet About CD = No New CD Before RIR4
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Not a Word Yet About CD = No New CD Before RIR4  (Read 72870 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #80 on: February 05, 2004, 10:18:27 AM »

offical news could be rock inrio 4

i have been one of rao's biggest doubters, but i think he has been onthis board to long to put his nuts on the chopping block now, u know?

why would he put his reputation and his status on this board on the line if he didnt know something?
then again it is just a message board so maybe it doesnt mean much to some people

there are two ways to look at it

rao knows shit and is being honest or

he is going for the homerun bankin on Rock in Rio 4 as being the real return of GNR and he is pretending to know shit gambling that he will be right so if he does guess right he will look like a GOD to gnr fans etc and will forever be loved and rained down on with attention etc also with gnr there are always all sorts of loopholes

i call it the aunt ger loophole, dizzy said cd out by thanksgiving but "lets blame axl" with axl things can change at anytime

these people are wrong its axls fault when in reality he never claimed any such release date but he looks like the cocksucker due to false rumors which isnt necessarily fair to axl

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #81 on: February 05, 2004, 10:35:45 AM »

hey everybody jsut chill. chances are its comin out this year,with dizzy sayin all this stuff about it bein done and that its comin out soon, and give axl some respect he knows what hes doin,hes a perfectionist he wnats to give his fans the best album of all time. ya maybe some updates would be nice but hey its axl. the band already said there would be a huge announcment at rock in rio 4. so im not sayin nothin bad about axl until then because there not gonna play the same show they did last year. so theres gonna be somehtin difffeent hopefully an announcemnt worth waiting for. so its comin out and its gonna be awsome axl said the tunes like the blues chinese democracy and madagascar wouldnt even be singles so what kind of tunes has he got up his sleeve i cant wait see ya.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #82 on: February 05, 2004, 11:50:54 AM »

I'll throw in the GnR towel. They'll be too many other cool albums coming out.
Why cant you hold the towel and still buy all those other albums?Are you not allowed to listen to other bands while waiting for CD?

he is going for the homerun bankin on Rock in Rio 4 as being the real return of GNR and he is pretending to know shit gambling that he will be right so if he does guess right he will look like a GOD to gnr fans etc and will forever be loved and rained down on with attention etc also with gnr there are always all sorts of loopholes
I agree. Liek the past people have claimed stuff based on reasonable assumption of what the band might do.
Being that I truly believe it will be out before cd, I could go and make another name and layout a whole process and say im involved or whatver. If it happens then you would all bow down. If it doesnt, like the dannys,pures of the world, id be gone.

The most important thing I am going to look at regarding Raoxsle is not so much an announcement because if they do make an announcement it will be soon but its when he mentioned a song title a few weeks ago. If that title is on cd, then i guess he knows his shit, if not then I cant take him seriously. And they "bumped" the song off the album doesnt count.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2004, 11:51:45 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #83 on: February 05, 2004, 11:56:12 AM »

What was the name of the song?

My prediction still stands. May is when it will drop.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #84 on: February 05, 2004, 11:58:50 AM »

The song title Raoxsle dropped was "The Beaten Path."
/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #85 on: February 05, 2004, 12:04:09 PM »

the band already said there would be a huge announcment at rock in rio 4.
When? Who? I didn't see nothing about it... Before that Dizzy's interview in some radio station, we even didn't know if RIR4 was confirmed by the band itself. Sure, the RIR organization won't put news about it if it wasn't 100% sure, but some of you didn't believe until someone from the band could confirm.
The poster sandman did an awesome guess:
if the strategy was up to me, i'd have gnr play festivals all summer, with a single released in july, album released in september with a full world tour starting in the fall. with lots of other promotion along the way (radio, print, etc.)
That's what I guess too. I think it's safe enough for a band who needs some positive buzz. Altought there's a little hope to predict that the CD release will be in 2004, I think it's pretty down to earth to see the things starting after RIR ok

« Last Edit: February 05, 2004, 12:08:11 PM by Voodochild » Logged

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #86 on: February 05, 2004, 12:08:51 PM »

/Mike

Thanks. Does anyone know where the title "Ides Of March" came from? I'm really confused.

PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #87 on: February 05, 2004, 12:13:09 PM »

Ancient Greece. Cheesy

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2004, 12:17:35 PM »

/Mike

Thanks. Does anyone know where the title "Ides Of March" came from? I'm really confused.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=9617;start=0

"Most of the songs had working titles but I know that "Oklahoma" and "Ides of March" were songs that were almost complete."

- Dave Dominguez

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #89 on: February 05, 2004, 12:23:53 PM »

"Ides of March", huh?  Forgot about that one. Maybe we should be on the lookout for an announcement on that day.... Wink
/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #90 on: February 05, 2004, 12:32:01 PM »

if the strategy was up to me, i'd have gnr play festivals all summer, with a single released in july, album released in september with a full world tour starting in the fall. with lots of other promotion along the way (radio, print, etc.)
Thank god the strategy isnt up to you, and hopefully gnr do not have the same thing in mind.

You only need a 1 1/2- 2 months of promotion for this album . The album already has a natural mystique and mystery to it and anticipation. All it needs is to be confirmed that its coming out and to be promoted 100x harder than a reg album would.

You say you would have them play a bunch of summer festivals. What would thier setlist be in these festivals if the album isnt out? more afd or if your lucky illusions? Thats totally dumb in my opinion.

I dont care how long it takes them to have the record finished. But when they do, thats when they should go full force.They cant afford to have any more stop n go's with an afd tour.
So when they do finish the album they should have the announcement 2 months before the release. That announcement should tell about the mosnter tour, the album,single,video etc. Then obiviously release the single and video 2 -4 weeks beofre the album. Then go play rio4 with a cd set and some classic songs sprinckled in. Then go on the festival tour and just take off with there 3 album/tour for each plan.

I alsop think they have a lot of new marketing strategies planned and this album will be promoted like no other. SO im not worried. As zak wylde put it, axl is one smart guy. He has kept an intense anticipation within his old fans, and some curiosity to the genral public without saying a word. All they have to do is put out the material and kick the rock world in the balls and take the elevator straight to thetop.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
sandman
Legend

« Reply #91 on: February 05, 2004, 01:31:38 PM »

younggunner - i hope you're right, man.

i think we agree that the record label NEEDS this to be huge. and that they are gonna do everything on their end they can.....basically as much promotion as possible.

but i also think that a few live shows will put gnr back in a positive light (last time most people heard any news was a year ago - no shows and cancelled tours.)

i'm no music industry expert, so i'm probably way off on this.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #92 on: February 05, 2004, 02:26:58 PM »

Ancient Greece. Cheesy

hihi

/Mike

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=9617;start=0

"Most of the songs had working titles but I know that "Oklahoma" and "Ides of March" were songs that were almost complete."

- Dave Dominguez

/jarmo

Thanks Jarmo. "Ides Of March" (my birthday! Cheesy) and "Oklahoma" came from an engineer. The names "General", "Thyme", "Seven"... and I forgot the others, came from Marco's site. I'm just trying to get this straight because I've heard other titles floating around that I have no idea where they came from or if they're real. "This I Love" was mentioned by Axl, "Prostitute" was mentioned by Youth, but I have no idea why everyone is talking about Catcher In The Rye and Eulogy Of A Broken Heart, I think those came from a fan but I'm not sure anymore.  nervous
« Last Edit: February 05, 2004, 02:29:21 PM by misterID » Logged

gabble
Rocker

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

« Reply #93 on: February 05, 2004, 02:34:54 PM »

Thanks Jarmo. "Ides Of March" (my birthday! Cheesy) and "Oklahoma" came from an engineer. The names "General", "Thyme", "Seven"... and I forgot the others, came from Marco's site. I'm just trying to get this straight because I've heard other titles floating around that I have no idea where they came from or if they're real. "This I Love" was mentioned by Axl, "Prostitute" was mentioned by Youth, but I have no idea why everyone is talking about Catcher In The Rye and Eulogy Of A Broken Heart, I think those came from a fan but I'm not sure anymore.  nervous

Eulogy and Catcher are mentioned in this rumor:
http://home.no.net/gnr2001/ny_side_20.htm

madagas
« Reply #94 on: February 05, 2004, 02:39:37 PM »

Id, Catcher in the Rye was played by Axl for David Wild of Rolling Stone in Dec 1999 along with Irs, Chinese Democracy, TWAT, Oklahoma, The Blues. Axl played him 12 songs but those are the only titles I remember.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2004, 02:44:09 PM by madagas » Logged
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #95 on: February 05, 2004, 02:43:22 PM »

Eulogy and Catcher are mentioned in this rumor:
http://home.no.net/gnr2001/ny_side_20.htm

Thanks a lot man!

I can't believe this is where it came from. I thought at least the rumor would have been "I met Axl back stage". That story is pretty lame.

As of now Catcher and Eulogy do not exsist, IMO.

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #96 on: February 05, 2004, 02:45:32 PM »

Id, Catcher in the Rye was played by Axl for David Wild of Rolling Stone in Dec 1999 along with Irs, Chinese, Oklahoma, The Blues. Axl played him 12 songs but those are the only titles I remember.

Are you sure it was Catcher In The Rye? Now I'm really confused.

I know no one at Interscope knows whats going on, and that there's only rumors... Shhhit. I have no clue anymore.

madagas
« Reply #97 on: February 05, 2004, 02:46:16 PM »

Go to the articles section 2000 Axl Speaks and read!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2004, 02:47:56 PM by madagas » Logged
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #98 on: February 05, 2004, 02:55:30 PM »

Imagine Led Zeppelin's Physical Graffiti remixed by Beck and Trent Reznor, and you'll have some sense of Axl's new sound.

Song after song combines the edgy hard rock force and pop smarts of vintage Guns N Roses with surprisingly modern and ambitious music textures. In addition to the album's almost grungy title track, tentative song titles include ''Catcher in the Rye,'' ''I.R.S,'' ''The Blues'' and ''TWAT,'' which he says stands for ''there was a time.''

Another song, called ''Oklahoma'' - heard tonight only as an instrumental - was inspired by a court date with ex-wife Erin Everly. ''I was sitting in my litigation with my ex-wife, and it was the day after the bombing,'' Rose remembers with a wince. ''We had a break, and I'm sitting with my attorneys with a sort of smile on my face, more like a nervous thing - it was like, 'Forgive me, people, I'm having trouble taking this seriously.' It's just ironic that we're sitting there and this person is spewing all kinds of things and 168 people just got killed. And this person I'm sitting there with, she don't care. Obliterating me is their goal.''

That was 2000

That above rumor was 2001, so they could have known about Catcher.

Okay. Eulogy Of A Broken Heart doesn't exist IMO.

This I love, General, Thyme, Seven, Oklahoma, Catcher In The Rye, IRS, There Was A Time, Ides Of March are legit titles we know exist.

raoxsle
Banned
Rocker

Raoxsle is dead. You may call me....The Joker.

« Reply #99 on: February 05, 2004, 11:13:02 PM »

Well there have been some good points here.  And I guess I'll wait till the end of March to post my "I told you so" thread.  because by that time we will still have nothing.  Guaranteed.

Raoxsle has no real source or we would know about it.  He's like the kid that says "I know something but I'm not tell you."  And those kids are just out to draw attention to themselves.  So don't hang on his word, please.  And if I am wrong Raoxsle then you can go ahead and prove me wrong by stating your source, but my guess is that you won't because you have no real source.

Would anyone here be even mildly surprised if there was no word by July 1, 2004?  

/Tulip

p.s.  I have every right to be negative about this "non-band".  As a matter of fact, I have more right to be negative about this than you have to be positive.  WFT is there to be positive about??

What TyRod?  Did you get tired of screwing with other members (through your other board names) via PM's?

Yeah, and I'm the "kid."

Bottom line, it's been fun folks but I've had enough of this.  Here's what I have to say and, if it doesn't happen, feel free to "chop away at my nuts on the chopping block."  Jarmo can have the first swing.  Wink

- The band is scheduled to regroup in a few weeks for final rehearsals.  

- After that, Chinese Democracy (which is finished) will be turned over to the   label.

- Expect official news - an album release date and tour dates - in March, as well as the first (and possibly second) single off the record.

- The first single will be a song called The Chain.

- Democracy will be out soon afterwards.

- Live show dates continue to be scheduled for Europe, the U.S., and elsewhere.  The first show on the American leg of the tour will be in Los Angeles.

- A track from the new album will be on an upcoming film soundtrack in the late-spring to early-summer.

- The follow-up album is currently in post-production.  While there is enough material for a third record, there is a "wait and see" attitude as to whether one will be released.

"There's no difference between me and everyone else. All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.&am
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: