Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:21:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Stopping the Greatest Hits album
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stopping the Greatest Hits album  (Read 121058 times)
angel fish
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #240 on: February 17, 2004, 04:42:49 PM »

Quote from: GirlGunner they couldn't choose something that the fans would enjoy.
[quote
 what about the fans
angel fish
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #241 on: February 17, 2004, 04:47:54 PM »

is anybody there Huh
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #242 on: February 17, 2004, 06:01:57 PM »

http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=19301

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Luckyme
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #243 on: February 17, 2004, 06:11:28 PM »

It's about time the word is getting out! ok
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #244 on: February 17, 2004, 06:12:36 PM »

ok

Kinda cool to be "irate"!... We should keep ruffling feathers and try to get this story on Rolling Stone, MTV, and other biggies.
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #245 on: February 17, 2004, 06:16:23 PM »

Jarmo's site is famous!

You'd think that if we'd made enough noise that major music news websites took notice then surely Universal would maybe take a hint...

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Canucklehead666
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #246 on: February 17, 2004, 08:14:57 PM »

Ok, Heres the deal... WHO CARES!!
If you are a fan of the "real" Guns n' Roses you already have all those songs already. Axl ruined the "real" Guns n' Roses.
Cant wait to hear the full Velvet Revolver album, what guns could have been if Axl wasnt an AssClown. Oh, and if you wanna here 2 other GNR "shoulda beens" go buy the 2 Slash's Snakepit albums!!
estranged88
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #247 on: February 17, 2004, 08:21:33 PM »

Fuck greatest hits, its not like they have 10 albums, they have 4, and lies is almost always under 10 bucks.... i dont see the point

also the tracklist sucks, where is Estranged and Coma?

Why do you cook stove top in the oven???
1 More fan
« Reply #248 on: February 17, 2004, 09:16:29 PM »

The Greatest hits album is a commercial ramp up for publicity and is to put the band back into the spotlight. Don't forget that they are hitting a generation of pre-twenty potential fans that never has really experienced the music before. Die hard fans will want  "coma", the play list music programmers on rock stations want "knockin of heavens doewarrr (sic)" and other relatively commercially successful songs to reconnect to old fans (30-45 year old demographics). The Greatest hits remind the public of who they were. It will be a mild commercial success and the extra monies brought in will be used to promote the new album. If Chinese Democracy fails, and it may be a big commericial flop, they all (band included) still made money because they hedged their bets. The supposed controversy that Axl was not brought in on this project just gives more free publicity, like this news group for example

Make sense...?
Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #249 on: February 17, 2004, 11:20:59 PM »

I think greatest hits albums suck personally.. and i don't think im going to buy one of those from any band; definitely not GNR.

GH are a great thing! I have hundreds of em, they save me a fortune! Why buy all the albums when u get the good stuff all in one place - thats the problem with this GH, the tracklist is a little suspect

I like GH albums myself.  Especially for bands that I like but don't love... or bands that I don't know much about but have heard good things through friends.  It gives me the opportunity to get their best work in one cd...just like Izzy said.  GH albums have gotten me interested in material from bands that I hadn't previously bought.  I've gone out and bought other releases after getting a GH from a band that I wasn't into before.  So...if this weren't a "new" GN'R, I could understand the thinking on this.  But, it's not the same band members.  What are casual fans or new fans going to think when they get a GH, get into it, and then find out...well, that's not even the same band.   Undecided  

Hell, I'm not going to boycott it or try to stop it.  (Unless Mr. Rose himself gives us a directive not to.)  I know that I'm even going to end up buying the damn thing.  hihi   But, unreleased material would make this more palatable for us "hardcore" fans.

(I'm sure that all this has been stated already, but I haven't read through all the pages.)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #250 on: February 18, 2004, 12:09:30 AM »

I'm willing to sit back and let this GH album rot. Personally, dead air gives me more hope for a CD release this year than this animal poo. Let Matt the marketing exec think up a tracklist for a Limp Bizkit GH album in order to offset the losses from that band's latest disaster. leave Axl to his own demons....

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Smoke
Rocker

nobody ever told me baby,how it was going to be

« Reply #251 on: February 18, 2004, 12:14:22 AM »

We are doing a good job so far but we need more.  I think it is awesome that we are getting recognition for trying to petition the greatest hits.  See what we can do if we have something that means a lot to us.  Now, this is just the beginning for us, the GNR fans.  It looks like Axl is not making the decision about this, so lets take this matter into our own hands and do as much as we can.  I think we have done a lot already, but why stop there?  Everyone should tell their friends about it and have their friends talk about it and so on.  For the people who have friends that work for the entertainment industry or music business, start talking to them about it.  There are so many things that we can do.  Call your local radio stations and tell them about what is going on.  E-mail them.  Be persistent.  The sky is the limit.  

I know what everyone is thinking, Why should I?  Well, you are members at this web site because you are GNR fans and you care deeply about them and their music.  So why not try to do something about it.  Guns N' Roses has treated us so well with the incredible music that they have produced.  Just think of the upside of actually stopping the greatest hits or getting Axl to talk or getting some information from GNR world.  It would be so cool to look back and say, wow, look what we did.  

It is easy to sit back and bitch about what is going on with the greatest hits and everything.  The more attention to this matter the greater it will be and that is what we want.  Just think, how cool would it be to be mentioned on MTV.  I know that might be far-fetched, but its possible.  All I am asking for is for everyone to try, I mean its not like we are doing anything else, are we?  It doesn't cost anything.  If everyone took 5 minutes to e-mail MTV or whoever, it would create an uproar.  I know that I'm going to e-mail local DJ's and tell them what's going on.  

All right, I know that got kind of long but my point is we want people to know about the shit that they are trying to pull with the greatest hits and everything, so lets see what more stuff we can do.  It doesn't hurt to try.      
Danilo
Rocker

Make Trade Fair

« Reply #252 on: February 18, 2004, 12:23:59 AM »

just say "I not gonna buy this album"

just because you feel it, doesn't mean it's there
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #253 on: February 18, 2004, 12:39:12 AM »

i would settle for a statement from axl about the status of the album....

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
prairie
Headliner

www.gnrtv.com - All GNR, all the time.

« Reply #254 on: February 18, 2004, 01:03:06 AM »

I said it in October and I'll say it again.

If GH comes out, burn your own copies, I'm sure we all have these songs on our comps,  give them to all your friends and encourage them to do the same.  We don't need to pay for this album, and neither do our friends.

Whenever this issue comes up I think about "Get In The Ring", and Axl talking about rippen off the kids.

PS - To whoever is responsible for GH - Fuck You. (I said that in Oct. too)

At www.gnrtv.com, it's all GNR videos, all the time.  Plus a few other goodies.

I'm not interested in petty online fights with strangers.  I'm here for fun, if my post has upset you - Sorry.
Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #255 on: February 18, 2004, 01:53:45 AM »

I'll just give my opinion on the Greatest Hits and then I'll let you continue what you're doing.

I think that, if the Greatest Hits is realease, that means that Axl is ok to realease it. If he's not ok, it will not be realeased. Axl has enough power to make Geffen not putting it out.
I guess he prefers that a Greatest Hits comes out so he has time to finish his album without any "pressure" from Geffen.

If Axl says clearly that he does not want this album to be realeased, and Geffen realeases it, I'll help him. Here, we don't know. We have no clue.

Every band has at least one or two greatest hits. Why not GNR? I don't care about a Greatest Hits I have all the albums. But it'll be a cool CD for new fans who just like these songs.

About burning our own copy, everybody can do it, it's easy to download songs from kazaa or emule, but it's illegal. But everybody can do that.

In my opinion, this Greatest Hits is useless. Geffen is just bored that the new album don't come out and try to make some money realeasing dvds, greatest hits etc... and I think Axl just don't care. That is just my opinion, I repeat it.

About stopping it, it's not our problem I think. Now on this forum, as soon as Mysteron says something, a lot of people follow him and do what he wants (it's just what I feel when I read these lasts topics, no insult to anybody). I won't do anything to make you stop doing that, but I won't do anything to stop this Greatest Hits. I think that it will come out, and what you'll get is just some website talking about "GNR Fans trying to stop this albums to come out", some advertising (dunno if it's good or bad advertising) for htgth and that's it.

But well, I may be wrong, and if I'm wrong, too bad for me, and good job from you!

That was my opinion on this subject, now I shut up Lips Sealed peace

anythinggoes
« Reply #256 on: February 18, 2004, 03:38:39 AM »

read what the dudes on the kerrang forum have to say about this.   http://ubb.kerrang.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=720173&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1
liquidvirus
Mechanical Animal
VIP

Gettin Down and Dirrrty

« Reply #257 on: February 18, 2004, 04:11:00 AM »

man v guys have caused quite a stir beer...hopefully this negative press will put some pressure on GNR to release an update on CD
and the idea of the new band doing the CD is ridiculous (mentioned in another thread) cuz then axl would not be against it

Life is like a penis most people don't know it
But most people suck so they usually blow it.
Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #258 on: February 18, 2004, 04:16:33 AM »

Where did Axl say he was against it? I've never read that anywhere, could anybody tell me where it comes from please!

kockstar99
« Reply #259 on: February 18, 2004, 04:21:59 AM »

In my mind I alwasy pictured that the next GnR CD i went to the store to buy would be Chinese Democracy....Not this piece of shit....with songs ive been listening to for over 10 fucking years......This is fucking bullshit......but Ill still buy it just so i have a copy....to keep my collection up to date....but fuck id like to wipe my ass with this CD...I wonder what the Liner Notes will say.....
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: