Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:04:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  BUCKETHEAD: Two new albums coming soon!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BUCKETHEAD: Two new albums coming soon!  (Read 27945 times)
lastroots
« on: February 20, 2004, 04:15:53 PM »

Buckethead strikes back again!

On March 30, 2004, his new album POPULATION OVERRIDE will be released via Ion Records.

On April 20, 2004, his two years in the making, long awaited n' often delayed album CUCKOO CLOCKS OF HELL (formerly known as "Super Diorama Theater") will come via Disembodied Records.

/lastroots
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 04:18:36 PM »

so, that is a long awaited album, then what is Chinese Democracy? an acient awaited project?

cant wait to hear them though!

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2004, 04:23:40 PM »

Thats good news, Buckethead rocks!

However - i get the feeling if he went for quality over quantity...........

Quick! To the bandwagon!
madagas
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2004, 04:25:01 PM »

He is doing that with Axl.......well, we hope. beer
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2004, 05:21:05 PM »

i want to hear more Cornbugs actually

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2004, 05:28:56 PM »

Thanks for the news  beer  Does anyone know what's up with the DVD he was supposed to release last summer?

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2004, 05:30:08 PM »

Jeez, how many record deals does the Bucket have? Geffen, Ion, Disembodied, do they ever end?

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2004, 06:32:03 PM »

Jeez, how many record deals does the Bucket have? Geffen, Ion, Disembodied, do they ever end?

last summer when there were strong rumors and suspicions of CD being released to correspond with Terminator 3, many people brought up that CD would be Buckethead's 100th album or 101st or something along those lines. it'll be a few more then that now ok

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2004, 06:44:48 PM »

KillingVector,
I just got the Cornbugs Brain Circus today in the mail...awesome. Bill Mosley is one interesting dude...and Pinchface is playing drums (yea)...nice little booklet that comes with the CD, art work is cool, paper stock high quality, includes lyrics...nice stuff...got one of the signed ones, #17...check this out for a cornbugs fix...

...so glad to hear that Diorama Theater (cuckoo clocks from hell now) is going to make an appearance, I was beginning to think he was catching some delay disease from hanging round Axl's energy hihi

Thanks Buckethead! beer
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2004, 07:03:22 PM »

last summer when there were strong rumors and suspicions of CD being released to correspond with Terminator 3, many people brought up that CD would be Buckethead's 100th album or 101st or something along those lines. it'll be a few more then that now ok
maybe it'll be his 116th.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2004, 08:54:39 PM »

However - i get the feeling if he went for quality over quantity...........

Buckethead always puts quality before quantity. He is just amazingly productive. Combine that with the fact that much of his studio work is shot in one or reasonably few takes (some people call him a ?one-take-wonder?), and there are your albums. He?s a real virtuoso, spending almost every minute on his music, developing several projects at the same time (which can take quite some time after all), when things fall together a lot of albums can surface from that (it seems that there isn?t much he can do for Axl at the moment).

-PEACE-

marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2004, 09:01:29 PM »

Buckethead strikes back again!

On March 30, 2004, his new album POPULATION OVERRIDE will be released via Ion Records.

On April 20, 2004, his two years in the making, long awaited n' often delayed album CUCKOO CLOCKS OF HELL (formerly known as "Super Diorama Theater") will come via Disembodied Records.

/lastroots

no offense to the poster, but let say on behalf of thousands of GNR fans that I don't come on the GNR message boards to hear news about Buckethead.

I don't really give a fuck about him, or any of the GNR solo members. By themselves, they cannot make music to the quality of GNR. I don't know why people jump all over these members just because they're in GNR. they haven't even proved that they are in GNR until they actually put out a record that says GNR on it.

This is a new low on the HTGTH message boards.
There's nothing going on.
Im gonna live my life while you guys still sucker on every rumor there is.
SHAME - I used to be an Axl nutswinger myself. All I can do now is live off the old glory...he hasn't shown any new glory to me.

Neither will Buckethead.
MNR

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
scamp
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2004, 09:20:55 PM »

The real waited on album from buckethead is the deli creeps album.  They've been around over a dozen years and still no album.
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2004, 09:21:00 PM »

I don't really give a fuck about him, or any of the GNR solo members. By themselves, they cannot make music to the quality of GNR.

Is that a conclusion or simply the place where you got tired of thinking?

Of all the members GNR has ever had, Buckethead is the most accomplished solo-artist. Too bad you can?t enjoy his music; refrain however from talking BS about the solowork in comparison to the GNR-stuff (what would that say about people like Slash or Adler for example?). Such a statement is based upon nothing.

It?s different music and was never intended to be something like GNR. Buckethead has made music of the quality of GNR (and much higher, many might say) in huge amounts. It?s just a matter of taste. I never heard a GNR-solo with the same qualities as some of the solo?s in Bucks own material. But that?s my opinion, however no reason for me to diss anybody.

If you don?t like news about Buckethead then just hit the backbutton, this is plain childish?

-PEACE-

kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2004, 06:13:26 AM »

still no release date for that buckethead secret recipe DVD crying

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2004, 07:21:21 AM »

he seems to have plenty of time  nervous

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: