Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:16:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash:"Axl burnt more than gnr ever earned"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash:"Axl burnt more than gnr ever earned"  (Read 57715 times)
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« on: February 20, 2004, 11:14:57 PM »

Does anyone have any ideas about what Slash could possibly be referring to?

To me it sounds like he is saying that Axl took money out of his/the band's pocket...
But their money's are paid to each of them individually... so how is that even possible.

I don't get it.
Can anyone enlighten me?

thanks
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 11:25:25 PM »

It means axl is in debt. It means that he spent more than he ever earned. You think his house was cheap?

Also remember in the making of november rain video where axl said if he bought back the video it would take all the money he had.

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2004, 11:31:22 PM »

I can only assume he means that some of Axl's actions cost the band a lot of money. These probably include:

- the expensive music videos ... how many other bands spend over a million dollars on their 5th or 6th music video, as GNR did with Estranged? (Not that I'm knocking it, I love the Estranged video).

- legal fees / issues ... Two words: Montreal. St. Louis

- the extravagant nightly parties on the UYI tour

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
Buritoking
I Voted for a Third Party Candidate
Rocker

- It's Good To Be The King -

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2004, 11:33:36 PM »

It means axl is in debt. It means that he spent more than he ever earned. You think his house was cheap?

Also remember in the making of november rain video where axl said if he bought back the video it would take all the money he had.

Now if you ask me, which I realize noone did, but your gonan listen to me anyway. I highly dobut Axl is in debt, he turly was the smartest business man in the group, so I'm sure he still has alot of money. I'm sure all the band members do, with the way the CD's still move, especially AFD. Also if Axl was in debt, we probably would have: a) surely seen Chinese Democracy a long time ago, b) heard he was in debt, c) not seen him buying 5000 dollar neon signs. Just a thought.
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2004, 11:37:47 PM »

It could be key when slash said this? Do we even know? Axl could of been in bad financial shape at a time and now with royalties and better financial planning be ok.

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2004, 11:38:31 PM »

if Axl was in debt, we probably would... not see him buying 5000 dollar neon signs. Just a thought.

ok

As far as what the videos cost....   the band doesn't pay for the video... the record company does.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2004, 11:39:31 PM by Eva GnRAxlRosette » Logged
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2004, 11:40:33 PM »

It could be key when slash said this? Do we even know? Axl could of been in bad financial shape at a time and now with royalties and better financial planning be ok.

its from a recent interview he gave
duffman
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2004, 11:44:25 PM »

Why does everyone assume Axl is the best buisness man.  What has Axl done to prove that he's such a good buisness man other than cancelling tours, and not showing up to shows?
badgirl
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2004, 11:48:01 PM »

Eva, i think he was trying to say that Axl got most of the money from their old collaboration and blew a lot of it on big projects-- Slash has often mentioned his problem with Axl's "vision" and i think that part of this vision was in how Axl wanted to spend the band's money. Slash is probably bitter that he was too fucked up all the time to properly negotiate his way into more money (and i am not dissing Slash, i love Slash, but Axl did work those guys).
Crowebar
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2004, 12:17:30 AM »

Slash is a fucking liar. Shocked Huh [headscratch]

Axl alone was worth over a hundred million dollars the last time I heard. confused

That's right. beer

Looks like this on paper people:-$100,000,000.00

That was in like '93/'94. nervous

How much do you all think he's worth now after sitting back and collecting royalties and making wise investments?

Axl's not in debt. How the fuck could he be??? Wink

Axl's very, very fucking rich and will never want for nothing. drool

Give me a fucking break with all of the whining from fucking ex-heroin addict Slash. Roll Eyes

He wasted tons of money on drugs and should stop blaming Axl for all this shit and take responsibilty for himself.

Rock N' Roll will never die. [headbanger]

echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2004, 12:29:28 AM »

100 million ... talk about pulling numbers out of your ass ...

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
Crowebar
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2004, 12:40:51 AM »

100 million ... talk about pulling numbers out of your ass ...

I didn't pull any numbers out of my ass you shit-disturber!!! rant

This was reported in a major magazine at the time and I actually heard about it on the radio.

The DJ's were blown-away by how much Axl was worth and discussed it in great length.

Do some research and you'll see that I wasn't pulling numbers out of my ass. Angry
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2004, 01:04:02 AM »

I don't buy 100 million for 1 second, there's just no way.

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2004, 01:13:51 AM »

I'm sure Axl's doing just fine financially but I'd have to see documentation of the $100 million figure to believe it..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2004, 01:31:21 AM »

i think slash is a bitter lying bastard to be honest, i think everyday of his  life he regrets quitting guns n roses, i think he thought he was more famous than what he really was and once he quit axl he thought he could just take off and be successful on his own and he found out real quick he couldnt

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2004, 02:13:45 AM »

i think slash is a bitter lying bastard to be honest, i think everyday of his  life he regrets quitting guns n roses, i think he thought he was more famous than what he really was and once he quit axl he thought he could just take off and be successful on his own and he found out real quick he couldnt

One could say the same about Axl as well, and he even had the advantage of using the GNR brand name.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Death Cube K
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2004, 03:36:38 AM »

I trust Slash even less than I trust Axl. And I dont trust Axl that much in the first place.

Slash just rolls with the punches and says whatevers good for him at the moment. When GNR took the road, he was like "oh yeah, Im supporting my boy" and now when it's GNR downtime, he's more like "Axl messed up GNR yada yada yada".
chas
Headliner

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2004, 04:50:10 AM »

Why does everyone assume Axl is the best buisness man.  What has Axl done to prove that he's such a good buisness man other than cancelling tours, and not showing up to shows?

Well he kept the GnR name!!! One of the biggest and most recognised names in Rock music history, thats as smart a business decision as their is.
phaseONE
Headliner

I'm a llama??

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2004, 04:55:31 AM »

$100m u say, well, thats what he " was " probably worth back at the end of the illusion tour, but 10 years has passed by with nothing new, id say his equity in the music business has dwindled big time, failed tours dont help, no new produce out there, not looking good for mr rose,

look at Wako jacko, i bet hes earned a shit load more money that GNR has ever seen, and hes in major debt.

and he owns the rights to all the beatles music too, and even with selling the rights to them, hes still in debt.

So, its easy come easy go.....

Maybe thats why the record company wants to release the greatest hits record to regain much lost moneys owed by axl rose and his clonies, he paid them a lot of money to tour with him, the tour was a big failure, so all the money he probably earned from the tour went on wages to his staff, so, no profit made from tour = more debt.

-------and time goes by-------
blues_rock_axeman
Rocker

R n' F'n Roller

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2004, 06:08:55 AM »

look at Wako jacko, i bet hes earned a shit load more money that GNR has ever seen, and hes in major debt.

and he owns the rights to all the beatles music too, and even with selling the rights to them, hes still in debt.

Exactly. Debt comes when you forget to check the bills and the balance.  beer

Shuffle it all... Pack up your life again...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: