Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:54:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash:"Axl burnt more than gnr ever earned"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash:"Axl burnt more than gnr ever earned"  (Read 57710 times)
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2004, 06:56:01 AM »

One thing you have to remember is that the one thing they do all still have in common, is that they all absoloutley loved GN'R and what it was they had created.  

I don't blame Axl for still working with the name and  i don't blame Slash and Duff for feeling pissed off about it all.  Now that they have all sobered up, they can probably see things clearer in the terms, like what an impact they had achieved together, i'm sure if they could leave the ego's behind and all met up, it wouldn't be as bad as it might have been a few years ago.

As far as money is concerned I'm sure Slash is speaking honestly, i doubt any of them are struggling, they don't have to worry or work.  But he's probably just saying that it's no as much as we would perhaps think.

Record company bosses are money people alright,  they won't lose a penny they don't want to.  Business' especially the Media business, im sure would use muscle before losing millions.

We would have seen these DVD's and GH along time ago if it was that bad.  They are probably hoping it would just stir things with Axl and that he  would  be motivated to finally release  CD.     Can't blame them though, it's been sometime.

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2004, 07:02:32 AM »

Axl in debt?  Roll Eyes

If Axl needed money he would release Chinese Democracy - a broke man doesn't sit on a pot of gold like that for 10 years.......a broke man doesn't hire a zillion other musicians to work with him

Didn't he go buy some junk for 5 grand just the other week?

He has sold 60 million albums + merchandise + money from the tours

He is minted.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
phaseONE
Headliner

I'm a llama??

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2004, 07:32:33 AM »

what if axls " pot of gold " turns out to be a crock of shit?

career terminated.

flat line __________________ _ _ ....._______________

-------and time goes by-------
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2004, 08:35:06 AM »

I don't buy 100 million for 1 second, there's just no way.

neither do I.

they did spend a lot of money, yhat's true..

Matt sayed that they did spend like 100,000 dollars for partying per day

and Izzy sayed that the canelled shows costed a little fortune to the band...because Axl didn't show up. That was one of the reasons Izzy left the band.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2004, 09:32:22 AM »

As far as what the videos cost....   the band doesn't pay for the video... the record company does.

GnR funded Novembe Rain themselves..
Dizzy
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2004, 09:40:11 AM »

and Izzy sayed that the canelled shows costed a little fortune to the band...because Axl didn't show up. That was one of the reasons Izzy left the band.

Yeah, Izzy also was pissed off because Axl's tardiness was costing the band hundreds of thousands of dollars in curfew violation fees.  Tom Zutaut said an in interview that Izzy finally had it and stormed over to Axl's house and said that the fees should be charged to him if he insisted on going onstage late.
Insomnis
Opening Act

Long time lurker

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2004, 10:10:26 AM »

Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2004, 10:48:02 AM »

axl is rich... he got his won Dune-Buggy in the backyard.... damn...  peace  hihi

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Smoke
Rocker

nobody ever told me baby,how it was going to be

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2004, 11:01:21 AM »

Axl is not in Debt at all.  He hasn't been doing anything for a long ass time and I know if he is smart enough to make a decision like buying the rights to the name of guns n roses then I know he has been investing his money.  His portfolio is doing quite well.  I won't buy that he is broke/in debt or whatever.  
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2004, 11:23:30 AM »

As far as what the videos cost....   the band doesn't pay for the video... the record company does.

GnR funded Novembe Rain themselves..

i dont know if i believe that... axl said that he always wanted to play with a orchestra, but no way he could afford it. so he was really glad they made a video with one in it.... not so sure about them paying it... i dont think they said it dureing the Making Off november Rian either..

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
badgirl
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2004, 11:44:19 AM »

yeah, you can be certain that Axl has invested his money and has augmented this wealth that way. That's what they all do.
jellyhead
Rocker

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2004, 12:00:02 PM »

Not to defend Slash but what i understand from his comments is that by the time of the end of the Illusions gigs in 1993 that band were breaking even, not making the huge profit that everyone assumed.

I think Slash is trying to say that they could have made more than they did if Axl hadn't been so extravagant.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2004, 12:02:32 PM »

Yeah, Izzy also was pissed off because Axl's tardiness was costing the band hundreds of thousands of dollars in curfew violation fees.  Tom Zutaut said an in interview that Izzy finally had it and stormed over to Axl's house and said that the fees should be charged to him if he insisted on going onstage late.

exacly! that's probably why Slash once said that he didn't make any money from the UYI tour as well.

they had to break the curfew all the time and ended up paying huge violation fees, all because of Axl.
and there were other legal stuff caused by Axl as well.

Slash did absolutely not lie here, maybe exaggerate a bit, but not lie.

this does not mean the guys are broke though, cos I seriously doubt they are! they still get royalties and stuff.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2004, 12:04:56 PM by Kiedis » Logged

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Crowebar
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2004, 12:06:39 PM »

This shows the bands overall net worth and not their individual net worth.

When I heard what I heard, it was Axl's estimated individual net worth.

Believe it or not, that's what I heard. $100,000,000.00
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2004, 02:05:31 PM »

One day...one day i will find out where u lot get ur quotes and pictures and all the rest! U can't keep them from me forever!! rant
« Last Edit: February 21, 2004, 02:06:18 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
privatereserve
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2004, 02:38:37 PM »

Anyone here see Axls house?  Enough said.
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2004, 02:45:56 PM »

Anyone here see Axls house?  Enough said.

The same house that can't be cheap to maintain.  You've got property taxes, staff to pay for, maintenance to deal with, etc, etc.  If you add into that the question of where the other band members current salaries are coming from and the sheer concept that the more wealthy you are, the more your expenses increase - it is certainly not out of the realm of possibility that Axl might have some financial issues.

Now do I think the guy's gonna be standing on a street corner with a "Will sing for food" sign anytime soon?  No - but I certainly can see a situation where he might currently have more money going out per month than is coming in.  When you've got X million in savings, that's not a major issue - but it can eventually snowball into one.

Of course, all of this is said with absolutely no knowledge of his investments, how much he was hit by the dot-com bomb of the late 90's, what type of royalty agreements exist.. is he picking up 3 cents everytime WTTJ is played at a sporting event?  What percentage of the current DVD sales go into his pocket, etc, etc.  

As weird as this may sound - having money costs money.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2004, 02:53:34 PM »

I read in some earnings mag that Axl was worth 80,000,000. Of course that was way back in '99

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Dizzy
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2004, 03:16:12 PM »

but what i understand from his comments is that by the time of the end of the Illusions gigs in 1993 that band were breaking even, not making the huge profit that everyone assumed.

I think Slash is trying to say that they could have made more than they did if Axl hadn't been so extravagant.

Exactly.   Due to the cost of  a band's live show and touring, bands have to really collect royalties (from merchandise, etc) to make money off touring.  And with all of the excess on parties and shit, combined with Axl's tardies, no-shows, not to mention the riots and Axl's legal troubles, that would've easily offset their earnings.

I don't think Slash at all insinuated that Axl was "broke" right now.
CokeAddict
Headliner

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2004, 03:47:40 PM »

I don't think Slash at all insinuated that Axl was "broke" right now.

Exactly.  In the context of the interview, he was saying that he (Slash) was not as wealthy from GNR as people think because of Axl's spending for the band.  And with all the times Axl was late, the big videos, etc, he's probably right.

However, he should take some blame himself, instead of the "i'm another poor victim of axl" line.  I would guess that he blew a lot on drugs (didn't Mick Fleetwood blow like $10 million on drugs?), and probably didn't save/invest very well.  While Slash seems like an amiable, laid back guy, he doesn't strike me as the most intelligent guy, or much of a future planner.  Just my opinion.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: