Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 02:43:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227824 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Does Axl suffer from schizophrenia?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Does Axl suffer from schizophrenia?  (Read 16447 times)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2004, 10:57:24 AM »

Hmmm, part of me thinks yes...but the other half says hell no!

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2004, 09:33:26 AM »

No he isn't! He isn't!

Axl's got two dogs anyway right, but he needs his family, a special wife who can look after him!

I know he's fourty-two but memories still exist in your head!
And I know life's hard but still, things that have happened to you concern you for the rest of your life.

Its hard for him because of press reports picking on him, they are all bullies! It's hard to be famous, so much to be expected of you!

SLASH- "Guitar solos are back," he said with a grin through his long, curly mane.
GNR- The hardworking band that once called themselves FAMILY!!!
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2004, 12:17:04 PM »

yes axl is bi polar he used to take meds for it.

you mean you think he is...  confused

just because he took a written test and got meds doesn't mean jack shit...

he's a classic case, no biggie... sure he has had a turbulent child hood, but there are alot of people who have had it alot worse... his status tho allows him to carry out a few of his thoughts regular people would have to put on ice unless they wanted to face serious jail time... thts what i think...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2004, 12:54:39 PM »

I'm no shrink, but it seems evident to me that it is highly likely that Axl suffers from Borderline Personality Disorder.  It is a mental disorder that can co-exist with a mood disorder like Bipolar disease.

BPD Symptoms are as follows: (with my editorial)

A pervasive pattern of instability of interpersonal relationships, self-image, and affects, and marked impulsivity beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:  

Frantic efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment.
(how many of Axl's songs are about being abandoned?)

A pattern of unstable and intense interpersonal relationships characterized by alternating between extremes of idealization and devaluation. This is called "splitting."  (People are seen as all good or all bad, which Axl does, he's either very loyal or he hates your guts)

Following is a definition of splitting from the book I Hate You, Don't Leave Me by Jerry Kreisman, M.D. From page 10:  
The world of a BP, like that of a child, is split into heros and villains. A child emotionally, the BP cannot tolerate human inconsistencies and ambiguities; he cannot reconcile anther?s good and bad qualities into a constant coherent understanding of another person. At any particular moment, one is either Good or EVIL. There is no in-between; no gray area....people are idolized one day; totally devalued and dismissed the next.

Normal people are ambivalent and can experience two contradictory states atone time; BPs shift back and forth, entirely unaware of one feeling state while in the other.  

When the idealized person finally disappoints (as we all do, sooner or later) the borderline must drastically restructure his one-dimensional conceptionalization. Either the idol is banished to the dungeon, or the borderline banishes himself in other to preserve the all-good image of the other person.

Identity disturbance: markedly and persistently unstable self-image or sense of self.  

Impulsivity in at least two areas that are potentially self-damaging (e.g., spending, sex, substance abuse, reckless driving, binge eating).

Recurrent suicidal behavior, gestures, or threats, or self-mutilating behavior.  

Affective instability due to a marked reactivity of mood (e.g., intense episodic dysphoria, irritability, or anxiety usually lasting a few hours and only rarely more than a few days).  

Chronic feelings of emptiness.  

Inappropriate, intense anger or difficulty controlling anger (e.g., frequent displays of temper, constant anger, recurrent physical fights).  

Transient, stress-related paranoid ideation or severe dissociative symptoms.  
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2004, 01:14:57 PM »

I would think everyone has Borderline Personality Disorder then. That one would seem very easy to diagnose, as most people would at least think "wow... that stuff sounds like me at least sometimes."

All except the suicide and anger stuff, I could very easily say I am Borderline Personality Disordered. Although, I am fairly certain I am not. I also am supposedly ADD and ADHD, but I really don't believe in that stuff - people just have different tastes as to what they actually want to be doing. If you are doing something you don't like, you probably won't pay much attention to it.

I would just say Axl is Axl and leave it at that. When you say something about Axl Rose, people know what you mean. Hell, they should just make a new one and call it Axl Rose Syndrome.

Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2004, 01:25:07 PM »

I would think everyone has Borderline Personality Disorder then.

No.  Of course, everyone has feelings similar to those at sometime, especially teenagers.  But this is prolonged through life and it is intense.  It is life debilitating, put it that way.  If those symptoms aren't Axl, I'll eat my hat.  
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2004, 04:18:43 PM »

Look at this from this angle: If he wasn't a little screwed up in the head,he wouldn't had written so incredible music. Every genius in history was a little fucked upn in the head!

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2004, 06:41:42 PM »

Well, he moght be a little crazy, but schizofrenic??come on!!!
He just need some one to tell him when he is wrong(the oposite thing to paul tobias).
A wife could help yes
but he isn?t sick

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
Fuckin' Gunner
Kamikaze
Rocker

nightrain.cjb.net

« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2004, 07:13:25 PM »

Well, he moght be a little crazy, but schizofrenic??come on!!!
He just need some one to tell him when he is wrong(the oposite thing to paul tobias).
A wife could help yes
but he isn?t sick

Maybe Beta tell him what's going wtong, isnt her his "mother"?

Stay Tuned for news and information on Chinese Democracy coming soon.
[posted 3/9/2003 U.S.A.]

Nightrain - O site mais perigoso do planeta
Dizzy
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2004, 10:28:32 PM »

you mean you think he is bipolar...  confused

just because he took a written test and got meds doesn't mean jack shit...

You don't get diagnosed with bipolar by taking a written test.  Chemical tests of your brain and catscans are involved.  I know, I've suffered from bipolar for two decades.  You don't just get diagnosed by accident.  Axl has bipolar, and my saying so is not criticism of him.  It's the way he is.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2004, 10:31:53 PM by Dizzy » Logged
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2004, 11:23:15 PM »

I read in Q magazine not too long ago in a story about the making of Appetite For Destruction that Axl had been identified when he was young as suffering from a mild form of psychosis.

PSYCHOSIS

Psychotic disorders include severe mental disorders which are characterized by extreme impairment of a person's ability to think clearly, respond emotionally, communicate effectively, understand reality, and behave appropriately. Psychotic symptoms can be seen in teenagers with a number of serious mental illnesses, such as depression, bi-polar disorder (manic-depression), schizophrenia, and with some forms of drug and alcohol abuse. Psychotic symptoms interfere with a person?s daily functioning and can be quite debilitating. Psychotic symptoms include delusions and hallucinations.

Delusion: A false, fixed, odd, or unusual belief firmly held by the patient. The belief is not ordinarily accepted by other members of the person?s culture or subculture. There are delusions of paranoia (others are plotting against them), grandiose delusions (exaggerated ideas of one's importance or identity), and somatic delusions (a healthy person believing that he/she has a terminal illness).

Hallucination: A sensory perception (seeing, hearing, feeling, and smelling) in the absence of an outside stimulus. For example, with auditory hallucinations, the person hears voices when there is no one talking.
The Red Scare
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2004, 02:07:54 AM »

Stop being a bunch of silly billies.  He's not schizo.
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2004, 05:45:41 AM »

I'm pretty sure he's got manic depression or bipolar disease which i think thats whhat its called now

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Dizzy
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2004, 05:07:12 PM »

I'm pretty sure he's got manic depression or bipolar disease

Bipolar disorder.  A disorder is not a disease.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2004, 05:14:16 PM »

I'll be honest, its these ''Is Axl crazy?'' threads that keeps me coming back for more hihi

Leave the poor guy alone. Just because he doesn't act as we want doesn't make him a deranged lunatic.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2004, 07:26:18 PM »

I'll be honest, its these ''Is Axl crazy?'' threads that keeps me coming back for more hihi

Leave the poor guy alone. Just because he doesn't act as we want doesn't make him a deranged lunatic.

Right, Izzy.Lets just live the guy alone.If he is crazy,schizofrenic,maniac,depresive, I dont care.
I wouldnt mind I he had all that problems together. If he would  put the damn chinece democracy out so that we could love it or hate it, I would?t mind any problem he has had , will have or doesn?t have.

P.S: Althought  Beta could do her thing in there, good idea Fucking Gunner!! ok

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: