Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:45:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227787 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  New AFD
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: New AFD  (Read 10881 times)
SlashFan
« on: February 25, 2004, 04:19:54 PM »

I remeber reading the interview that Axl had done for MTV.Didn't he say that he re-recorded AFD with the new band?I would like to hear it,if anyone else read or heard that interview please let me know if I read it right. peace
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2004, 04:24:45 PM »

Yes you read it right, he mentioned it in this interview:
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=28

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SlashFan
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2004, 04:31:47 PM »

Thanks peace
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2004, 04:36:30 PM »

I'd buy 40 copies of it the 1st day  love

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2004, 04:41:35 PM »

It was recorded with Robin Finck, Paul Huge, Tommy Stinson, Josh Freese and Dizzy Reed - not exactly the new band (no Fortus, Brain, or Buckethead).

In case you didnt know, you can hear what Im assuming is from that re-recorded album with "Sweet Child O' Mine" from the Big Daddy credits.  It starts out with an old live performance and fades into the new version.

Its serviceable I suppose, but I dont care for it.
SlashFan
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2004, 04:46:22 PM »

I'd buy 40 copies of it the 1st day  love

Me too,I am a fan of the old and new GN'R.I have heard their version of Welcome To The Jungle from the House Of Blues,so I would like to hear more.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2004, 05:43:40 PM »

Like Booker said its not done by the current GNR line up

I would love to hear AFD redone by the current line up, see what they would bring to it, what they would change how everything would sound....AFD with three guitarists and 2 keyboard players would be quite something!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
jet
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2004, 10:29:38 AM »

Like fighting? Who's better?
shaun
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2004, 01:32:17 PM »

Hearing Robin Finck play Sweat Child Mine, i couldn`t honesly hear the difference between him and Slash. And seeing Buckethead play the parts towards the end of November Rain, he played it with ease, almost liked he was bored by it and found it too simple to the stuff he`s used to knocking out  Cheesy

I dunno about you, but seeing Buckethead and Robin Finck do their guitar solo duet during RNR III was really something  Smiley
shaun
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2004, 01:33:26 PM »

Ooops, SWEET not SWEAT  hihi
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2004, 01:36:19 PM »

Hearing Robin Finck play Sweat Child Mine, i couldn`t honesly hear the difference between him and Slash. And seeing Buckethead play the parts towards the end of November Rain, he played it with ease, almost liked he was bored by it and found it too simple to the stuff he`s used to knocking out  Cheesy

Before u dismantle the old band before our eyes with claims the new band is sooooo much better let me remind u of one little thing

Slash wrote those parts - and any competant guitarist can easily reproduce them. Bhead probably did find them too simple too play - the hard part is writing that stuff.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
shaun
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2004, 03:01:01 PM »

Before u dismantle the old band before our eyes with claims the new band is sooooo much better let me remind u of one little thing

Slash wrote those parts - and any competant guitarist can easily reproduce them. Bhead probably did find them too simple too play - the hard part is writing that stuff.

Sure, Slash takes the credit for writing all that cool sounding stuff. I`m simply saying the new guys play it, not so much in their own style but in the same style as Slash did. It sounds identical  Smiley

I`m not all that clued up on who wrote what, but i do remeber hearing once that the intro to sweet child of mine was simply Izzy`s warm up tune, Slash apparently took it and used it for SCOW as he thought it sounded cool  smoking
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2004, 05:27:42 PM »

Hey....i really love the new band but when i hear Buckethead(whos playing i love) play some slash solos its just not the same......some parts are good but i think he plays to quick to show off cos hes bored and rushes.....Im rather looking forward to hearing what buckethead plays like on new guns songs.. ok

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
jet
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2004, 09:36:49 AM »

BHead is boring... I believe it's his image to seem cooler . He plays  so carelessly so sometimes it looks like he doesn't care what song to play and in wha band he plays.  or it looks like fans and music disrespect. At least I have this association  with him
kockstar99
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2004, 09:43:04 AM »

BHead is boring... I believe it's his image to seem cooler . He plays  so carelessly so sometimes it looks like he doesn't care what song to play and in wha band he plays.  or it looks like fans and music disrespect. At least I have this association  with him

i agree too... but i think that makes it a little bit funny that he plays Slashs work so carlessly like its easy....coz hes that damn good he can do that...
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2004, 11:37:56 AM »

Yes you read it right, he mentioned it in this interview:
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=28

/jarmo

I still like reading theses quotes from November 8th, 1999 and here we are still waiting in 2004 with no new album... Huh

Loder: When do you think we will actually see this album? Is it possible to say early next year?
Rose: We're hoping. Yes, definitely, everything seems to be going well. Robin's departure was abrupt, sudden, you know, not expected...

Loder: So we'll see you some time this new year, right? You will be around?
Rose: Yeah, we'll be around. I'm not working on all this to keep it buried. We plan on getting out there and doing it right. The new guys are a lot of fun, and like I say, we will be continuing to look for and or decide who the official new guitar player will be, but it's not that important to the band at this time, as that person's not really needed. There's not a whole lot for them to do at this time in regards to recording, as we've recorded [a] majority of material.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
TheGeneralShrugged
Opening Act

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2014, 11:09:02 AM »

Any word on this being released!  Was it delayed so get could rerecord parts with the current members? Would love to have a proper studio recording of bbf's take on night train!!! love
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2014, 11:11:51 AM »

PLEASE GOD NO.

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2014, 11:32:15 AM »

Rose: Yeah, we'll be around. I'm not working on all this to keep it buried. We plan on getting out there and doing it right.

Hahaha.  Unintentional comedy for the win on this one, huh?

I never saw the point of this, so I'm glad it never got out there.  All this would buy you is grief.  People have heard that album literally hundreds of times and anything else would suffer in comparison after getting used to the original recordings.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheGeneralShrugged
Opening Act

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2014, 11:35:37 AM »

I'd like to hear it. I love Axl's vocals, but to be honest, 80s rock sounds a little dated to me.  Plus, some of the playing on that album is sloppy.  A little bit. But still, would be cool to hear a proper recording of these guys playing those songs.  I like the way they play it live.  peace
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: