Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:49:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slither studio clip available!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slither studio clip available!  (Read 43360 times)
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2004, 10:50:06 PM »

Yeah I'm looking forward to it in the future. Not during VR's first tour though.

What do you mean Jarmo? There were 4 singles from the Audioslave CD.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2004, 11:07:35 PM »

What do you mean Jarmo? There were 4 singles from the Audioslave CD.

"Cochise" was Audioslaves first single, thats what hes saying.

There are so many better songs than Cochise on their album. Shadow on the sun, Gasoline, What you are, Show me how to live, I am the highway and Like a stone.

I think while the rest are good, "Cochise" is their best song.  That song is explosive - couple that with the video and  Shocked.

btw, does MTV2 air any Audioslave videos?  (I dont know b/c I dont have a tv).  If they dont, I worry they wont do VR videos either.

MTV2 played Audioslaves first 2 singles pretty heavily.  "Show Me How To Live" (one of the years best videos) recieved a decent amount of play.  "I Am The Highway" is a radio-only single I believe.

I'm glad that Duff also likes Audioslave.  It would be so fucking cool to have them tour together.  

That would be awesome...Hopefully VRs album will do well and even the ground with Audioslave for a co-headlining tour.  

I think "Slither" will make for a good debut single.  While it might not have as explosive an intro as "Cochise," the solos and climax are pretty damn energetic. ok
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2004, 04:17:06 AM »

'Cochise' may be the most aggresive song on record, but it's definitely not the best one... and like I've said 100 times before - VR + Audioslave tour = heaven on earth!!!!
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2004, 05:17:40 AM »

First of all, I'm a fan of Weiland and Stone Temple Pilots.

Second, even though I'm a fan I don't find all of his lyrics "great".

Third, it sounds pretty good but not so good for the first single.

And it's too much STP. The only difference (probably) will be Slash's guitar.

Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2004, 05:30:19 AM »

Im not impressed by the clip really - but them im not gonna judge the song and the album till ive heard it.

Riot In Everyone!
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2004, 10:09:00 AM »

I think they should kick Scott out.  They should replace Sorum with Adler, and should've kept Izzy as a third guitarist, and he could've sung.  Then we'd have a real rock n' roll band.

But my fantasies aside...they should fire the fucking producer, and get someone who knows what he's doing, because (based on that clip) he hasn't got a clue.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2004, 10:58:36 AM »

But my fantasies aside...they should fire the fucking producer, and get someone who knows what he's doing, because (based on that clip) he hasn't got a clue.

Ouch!

I have no idea about that, but I can say I don't know him from his previous work.

Names like Rick Rubin, Brendan O'Brien, Flood, Butch Vig etc, I know of, but this guy is totally unknown to me.  Embarrassed

Probably because I don't listen to nu-metal.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
darkmonth
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2004, 11:35:39 AM »

Seems it's you that hasn't got a clue.  First... check the bitrate.  That clip is not good quality.  The subtleties of the high and low pitches are lost in compression.  And as it stands, even at that, those guitars sound as raw as they have done since AFD.  This is perfect production for this band.  Don't tell me... you'd prefer it if Sean Bevan did production... maybe stuck the guitar right into the mixing desk and put the input up so it distorts and shit... yeah, that would sound hot man!  Jeez...  This mix sounds like rock. Hard rock.  Plain and simple.  THAT is why VR fans will buy the album.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2004, 01:33:13 PM »

they should fire the fucking producer, and get someone who knows what he's doing, because (based on that clip) he hasn't got a clue.

Any particular criticisms (based on that relatively poor quality, 30-second clip?)

Probably because I don't listen to nu-metal.

He does have a somewhat dubious track record, but I dont think that really matters.  
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2004, 01:52:29 PM »

Seems it's you that hasn't got a clue.  First... check the bitrate.  That clip is not good quality.  The subtleties of the high and low pitches are lost in compression.  And as it stands, even at that, those guitars sound as raw as they have done since AFD.  This is perfect production for this band.  Don't tell me... you'd prefer it if Sean Bevan did production... maybe stuck the guitar right into the mixing desk and put the input up so it distorts and shit... yeah, that would sound hot man!  Jeez...  This mix sounds like rock. Hard rock.  Plain and simple.  THAT is why VR fans will buy the album.
I noticed the bitrate, but I've got mp3s on my computer with the same bitrate that still sound ok.  But maybe it is just that, I hope it is, and I hope I'm wrong.  

I don't know who Sean Beavan is or what kind of queer retarded recording methods he uses, so...in answer to your question: no.

I don't know what this guy has done before but you guys are saying nu-metal, and I thought I remembered reading Papa Roach somewhere.

And Dave, just because you've had loads of experience recording, it doesn't mean you have to talk down to everyone and act like you're the dogs bollocks.  And like I said, I don't know who Sean Beavan is, but if he work as a producer, and gets paid then I highly doubt he would DI straight into the mixing desk with the levels too high.

Any particular criticisms (based on that relatively poor quality, 30-second clip?)
I thought the guitars sounded like crap.  That's what I didn't like about it.  Maybe it's just the quality of the clip, but to me, they sounded like they'd been recorded on a 4 track like BLS's 1919 Eternal.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2004, 02:11:26 PM »

I don't know who Sean Beavan is or what kind of queer retarded recording methods he uses, so...in answer to your question: no.

Sean Beaven is GNRs current (?) producer...

I don't know what this guy has done before but you guys are saying nu-metal, and I thought I remembered reading Papa Roach somewhere.

Yeah, hes done a lot of "nu-metal" stuff (Limp Bizkit, Korn, Crazy Town), but that doesnt really mean anythingin relation to VR.  Mike Clink wasnt exactly well-known in 1987 , but he did the job done nicely.  Im hoping the same goes for Abraham.  I figure as long as they go easy on the effects and just make the music sound clear, there should be no problem.

Lets also not forget that its not 100% certain that "Slither" was produced by Abraham...the song was originally produced by the legendary Bob Ezrin.  I have no clue if its been re-recorded or what...

And Dave, just because you've had loads of experience recording, it doesn't mean you have to talk down to everyone and act like you're the dogs bollocks.  And like I said, I don't know who Sean Beavan is, but if he work as a producer, and gets paid then I highly doubt he would DI straight into the mixing desk with the levels too high.

I think that is one of his techniques..it was mentioned in an interview he had done that was posted in the GNR section.

Daves got a good point - youre blaming the producer for what you think is poor sound quality, when its unfair considering youre judging a 30-second (less, when you consider the fade-out) MP3 clip.  

I thought the guitars sounded like crap.  That's what I didn't like about it.  Maybe it's just the quality of the clip, but to me, they sounded like they'd been recorded on a 4 track like BLS's 1919 Eternal.

Fair enough, I think they sounded fine.  It sounds pretty damn similar so far to the live performance.  The abbreviated "Hey!s" and Scotts clearer tone are the only real differences so far.
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2004, 02:44:03 PM »

They problably picked Josh because he is good with modern equipment. VR will never sound like Limp Biz for as long as Slash, Duff, Scott, Dave & Matt are members. Josh isn't going to change the music they make he's just gonna tweak it with some more modern recording techiques.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2004, 02:45:46 PM »

Josh Abraham also has production credits on the new Courtney Love album, "America's Sweetheart".  "America's Sweetheart" is an extremely hard, nasty, loud, stripped, violent and sexy record.  

I expect nothing less from "Contraband" with Abraham behind the board.  
« Last Edit: March 06, 2004, 07:13:44 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
SLCPUNK
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2004, 02:11:33 AM »

That sounded awesome. I wish I could have heard more. This is going to kick ass!
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2004, 12:36:03 PM »

not a fan of nu-metal, but Josh is good producer. Check out some of work he have done and you're gonna love it!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: