Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:48:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Would Brain follow Buckethead?
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Would Brain follow Buckethead?  (Read 11079 times)
suicide
VIP

« on: March 06, 2004, 06:45:23 AM »

Both Brain and Buckethead joined GN'R at about the same time. We all know they're good friends and have worked together on many projects (Praxis, Primus, ...) and solo projects.
Do you think Brain would leave GN'R when Buckethead decides to go his own way?
Death Cube K
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2004, 08:37:21 AM »

After what I understand, Brain's in coz Bucket's in. If Bucket's out then Brain's out and the other way around.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2004, 09:41:43 AM »

Well both of them are their because of money.

I think money rather than whether or not the other is in the group will determine who stays and goes.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2004, 11:36:39 AM »

Well both of them are their because of money.

I think money rather than whether or not the other is in the group will determine who stays and goes.....
Or both of them are there because they are in the band and love the music they have created.
I think the music will determine whether these guys will be together for another 5 yrs together.
Your money shit is all speculation. NAd thats being a pussy. until you prove to me these guys are getting checks then shut the fuck up.

The only people who have been paid are the people who have come in back in the early days when they were experimenting with diff stuff.{moby,navarro,sunshine,may etc} and i dont even know if they were paid. And the guys in the band now are not in this band because they are getting paid. Tommy is a punk legend, do you really beleive hes in this for the money? Same goes for bucket and robin. Your dumb as fuck if you think otherwise.

SHow me proof that they are still getting paid then ill shut up about this topic. Otherwise they are a band that is 5 years old now. HAve made 3 albums worth of music. And are still together even after the whole thing has become a joke in terms of release etc. But to me its about the music so when its released all the garbage will go away.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
grabaraxl
Rocker

stick to your guns

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2004, 11:40:29 AM »

Josh Freese introduced Buckethead to Axl while he was still in gn'r. he brought him to a xmas party at axl's house.
so when Josh left Gn'R, he also got Brain the gig in Gn'R, probably with some buckethead help!
Josh and Brain were long time friends.

so it was never a case of "buy one get two" with bucket and brain.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2004, 12:00:46 PM »

until you prove to me these guys are getting checks then shut the fuck up.

Er....... Roll Eyes

U've always come across as a bit strange.....but this..er........

They are hired guns. Sessions musicians. They get paid....

Sorry i am still realing for ur ineptitude. I have to prove they are getting paid? Roll Eyes

The only people who have been paid are the people who have come in back in the early days when they were experimenting with diff stuff.{moby,navarro,sunshine,may etc}

Really?

and i dont even know if they were paid.  

But u said above...... Roll Eyes

Tommy is a punk legend, do you really beleive hes in this for the money? Same goes for bucket and robin. Your dumb as fuck if you think otherwise

No he is like Jesus and does it for the love of the children.........

Your dumb as fuck if you think otherwise

Ah the insult. The sure sign some one has no faith in their argument

I'm as a dumb as fuck for beliving hired musicians get paid? hihi

SHow me proof that they are still getting paid then ill shut up about this topic. Otherwise they are a band that is 5 years old now. HAve made 3 albums worth of music. And are still together even after the whole thing has become a joke in terms of release etc.

I have to prove that session muscians are being paid but this 'three albums' bit u mention is fact? Roll Eyes

But to me its about the music so when its released all the garbage will go away.

Not if ur still here....

I'm a little disappointed ur thread din't finish with ''i'm gonna tell my Mum of YOU!!!!!''

Ps. thank you for breaking up your post into paragraphs, this is the first thread of yours i have been able to read this year.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Neon Mobil Horse
Opening Act

Who wants gas?

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2004, 12:02:04 PM »

Do you think Brain would leave GN'R when Buckethead decides to go his own way?

I'll be the optimistic bastard who says that I'm actually hoping that Buckethead isn't going to decide to go his own way Wink

You don't make friends with salad!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2004, 03:38:25 PM »

Sorry i am still realing for ur ineptitude. I have to prove they are getting paid?

They arent hired muscians thats the problem. They are band members. Dave navarro was a hired muscician, brian may was a hired muscian. in and out. Brain,fortus,bucket,fick,dizzy,axl,pittman, and tommy have been together as a band since 98/99. They are a band, a tight band. Did they start as a band in a conventional type way? nope but that doesnt mean they can never be considered a band. But if it makes you happy to think otherwise, go for it
and yes if you want to throw around the notion that they are hired muscicians and are still getting paid and are only in it for the money then you must provide proof. Otherwise, again shut the fuck up
I'm as a dumb as fuck for beliving hired musicians get paid?  
No your dumb as fuck if you think the members in gnr are hired muscians. No shit, hired people get paid. These guys are a band and have been for awhile now.

Ps. thank you for breaking up your post into paragraphs, this is the first thread of yours i have been able to read this year.....
no problemo

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2004, 05:33:52 PM »

Sorry i am still realing for ur ineptitude. I have to prove they are getting paid?

They arent hired muscians thats the problem. They are band members. Dave navarro was a hired muscician, brian may was a hired muscian. in and out. Brain,fortus,bucket,fick,dizzy,axl,pittman, and tommy have been together as a band since 98/99. They are a band, a tight band. Did they start as a band in a conventional type way? nope but that doesnt mean they can never be considered a band. But if it makes you happy to think otherwise, go for it
and yes if you want to throw around the notion that they are hired muscicians and are still getting paid and are only in it for the money then you must provide proof. Otherwise, again shut the fuck up
I'm as a dumb as fuck for beliving hired musicians get paid?  
No your dumb as fuck if you think the members in gnr are hired muscians. No shit, hired people get paid. These guys are a band and have been for awhile now.

no problemo

Some one on this site has a signiture that says 'Never argue with an idiot they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience'

It seems to apply

GNR are a band, very perceptive

But they are a band of hired musicians. They recieve a fee from Axl.

This isn't my opinion. This is the situation. This is what everyone else apart from you has accepted without a second thought.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2004, 05:58:20 PM »

But they are a band of hired musicians. They recieve a fee from Axl.
Show me proof that they are recieving money to keep them in the band. They might have initially recieved a " fee" when in the adudition process of the band but when the band became solidified show me proof that says these guys are getting paid to remain in the band.

Funeral
Rocker

Welcome to the neighborhood

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2004, 06:20:11 PM »

Some one on this site has a signiture that says 'Never argue with an idiot they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience'

I believe the saying goes, "Never argue with a fool, because a spectator can't tell the difference from a distance." Although, I like your saying better.

.. And yes, it does seem to apply in this case.

-F
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2004, 06:44:09 PM »

YG, I understand your point that even if these guys were "hired guns" at the start, they become a band. And a great one at that. (I won't even mention their current dysfunctional status. Oops, I just did.)

But I can assure you. They are getting paid, and paid very well.

As for this thread, there's no way you can make the argument that Brain would absolutely follow Bucket out the door. Think of it this way: a friend helps you get a job, and for a while both of you work at the same place, hanging out every day and having a great time. Then, for whatever reason, your friend decides to leave the job.

Unless you are some kind of sycophant or under the age of 10, there is simply no reason for you to leave simply because your friend did. You may choose to leave for the same reasons, and at the same time. But not only because your friend did.

Now, if your friend decides to jump off a bridge, however.....

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2004, 07:12:27 PM »

But I can assure you. They are getting paid, and paid very well.

Support! ok

This new band is very good

They are also hired musicians. They get paid by Axl for their services.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
rocktar81
Leaving this board
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2004, 08:01:20 PM »

I don't think brain will leave
« Last Edit: March 06, 2004, 08:04:34 PM by rocktar81 » Logged
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2004, 10:01:21 PM »

They are also hired musicians
To me a hired muscician is someone who goes in the studio and does some work with a band then leaves. Is in no way part of the band.

An example of this is brian may, navarro, gary sunshine etc. They were brought in to mess around with some stuff. Then they left.

Bucket,tommy,brain,robin fortus and pittman are the band. They have been in the band since 98/99 and have remained. They have toured and have made 3 albums worth of material as a band. If they were hired muscicians they would have been long gone.

If you want to say they were initially "hired" fine go for it. But that term gets dropped when they have become the band. And they have been gnr for a numbe rof years now.

And again show me proof that says these guys hang around because of money.

Obiviously this isnt the conventional type band in the way that it formed. They didnt meet at a bar or in an ad.. The funny thing is most of them know each other prior to gnr and are good friends. They each have their own connections other than just axl. They are a tight band. Formed unconventionally but have evolved into a band.

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2004, 10:15:42 PM »

They are also hired musicians
To me a hired muscician is someone who goes in the studio and does some work with a band then leaves. Is in no way part of the band.

An example of this is brian may, navarro, gary sunshine etc. They were brought in to mess around with some stuff. Then they left.

Bucket,tommy,brain,robin fortus and pittman are the band. They have been in the band since 98/99 and have remained. They have toured and have made 3 albums worth of material as a band. If they were hired muscicians they would have been long gone.

If you want to say they were initially "hired" fine go for it. But that term gets dropped when they have become the band. And they have been gnr for a numbe rof years now.

And again show me proof that says these guys hang around because of money.

Obiviously this isnt the conventional type band in the way that it formed. They didnt meet at a bar or in an ad.. The funny thing is most of them know each other prior to gnr and are good friends. They each have their own connections other than just axl. They are a tight band. Formed unconventionally but have evolved into a band.

Wow sounds like u NEED to believe this....didn't realise i was treading on ur dreams

Axl has hired musicians to play for him and make a new album. They get paid. I have to prove that? Why don't u prove their not being paid.

Richard Fortus and Buckethead are the definitions of session musicains.

If u don't want to accept that then fine, it really doesn't matter.

I'm not even sure why i keep responding - ur argueing black was white

U have a repuatation for being obsesively pro new gnr - it seems to be distoring ur perception of reality.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2004, 10:29:21 PM »

Axl has hired musicians to play for him and make a new album. They get paid. I have to prove that? Why don't u prove their not being paid.
No, he has a band that helps him make an album. See the definition of a hired muscician above.

I dont have to prove anything because I am not going on assumptions. Your going on the assumptions that these guys are here for the money and are hired muscicians. SO i ask to prove it. show me an article where it says these guys are getting paid to stay in gnr.

My proof that they are a band is that they have been together since 98/99. They have made 3 albums and when those are finally released will be going on tour as a band.
Richard Fortus and Buckethead are the definitions of session musicains
Yes they are. There career prior to gnr they were session players. BUt their number one job is gnr. Thats their band. And when things finally get rolling they wont be involved with as many other projects.

Slash was a member of gnr but just before leaving and since leaving he has played with everyone and thier mom. Now he is a member of vr his band.

U have a repuatation for being obsesively pro new gnr - it seems to be distoring ur perception of reality.

Or being a fan of gnr. A lot of people have slashs dick in their ass. I could care less. Good for them. Hes great. I support the old and new. I love the new and when someone bashes them you better bring valid reasons to the table. Gnr is drenched in myth and speculation. Its not my fault a lot of people on these boards allow themselves to get fucked over by their fellow fans who create that myth and speculation. I guess after x amount of years that gets to you.

The term axl loyalist gets thrown around too much around here. People defend the new band because its the people who are still stuck in the past bring it up. If i were to start a thread on bashing slash i would be considered an axl loyalist but when someone just makes assumptions on axl they are being "objective"

Im not arguing anything, all i asked was for some proof that the members of gnr are getting paid to stick around.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2004, 10:40:59 PM »

Take it to PMs or the Dead Horse section, it's boring to hear the same old whining over and over and over and over and over again.

How many times do I have to repeat this? Seems like some of you don't give a fuck about what the mods or I say until you're banned, then you suddenly start paying attention and complain about how mean I am.  Roll Eyes

If you wanna keep going on about how it's just a bunch of hired musicians or how the fans of the new band are idiots in this thread, please let me know right away so I can lock this. Thank you.

Can you tell I'm getting really tired of repeating myself every day?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Flyguy_1ca
Rocker

"Cursing is for ignorant mother-$#@^&*

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2004, 01:22:20 AM »

*Looks at my sig*

Nope, Izzy's right!   hihi

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's hard not to think the new guys might just be hired guns...simply because they are in fact employees of Axl's...also they've stated that they didn't like GNR's sound before they joined GNR...so that certainly implies they at least started as hired guns.  Perhaps now they stick around because of the sound...but it certainly doens't seem like it was the reason they joined GNR

"Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."
suicide
VIP

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2004, 03:48:58 AM »

As for this thread, there's no way you can make the argument that Brain would absolutely follow Bucket out the door. Think of it this way: a friend helps you get a job, and for a while both of you work at the same place, hanging out every day and having a great time. Then, for whatever reason, your friend decides to leave the job.

Unless you are some kind of sycophant or under the age of 10, there is simply no reason for you to leave simply because your friend did. You may choose to leave for the same reasons, and at the same time. But not only because your friend did.
Makes sence! However, if there would be tentions in the band a thing called "loyalty" could play a big part. You know, just like Slash, Duff and Izzy stick together. Well... I don't know... it's about fuckin' time we heard something new and official from the band.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2004, 12:30:19 PM »

As far as I know, Robin used to like GnR.
He was in something resembling a hairmetal band for a while.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2004, 12:30:53 PM by AdZ » Logged
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2004, 12:56:59 PM »

this new GNR is all for money...  Sad
phaseONE
Headliner

I'm a llama??

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2004, 02:06:00 PM »

Would Brain follow Buckethead?

Lets all hope so!
lets hope dizzy dissapears too.

-------and time goes by-------
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2004, 03:42:24 PM »

this new GNR is all for money...  
state your reasons gangsta

suicide
VIP

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2004, 01:41:01 PM »

Ok, now that Buckethead's officially out http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1485811/20040317/guns_n_roses.jhtml?headlines=true, I wonder what your views are...
Would Brain follow Buckethead? Would Axl allow Brain to continue working and touring with Buckethead? What do you think?
And... is this the real reason why Buckethead's out of Guns N' Roses or would Axl have fired him? Buckethead has released more (brilliant) albums in the past few years than Axl in his whole life...
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2004, 01:55:17 PM »

Lets all hope so!

what the hell?HuhHuh?

what would dizzy leave and why would anyone want him to,hes the only member from the original band and besides dizzy's frigin awsome,and yes i think brains already gone

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Syd Vega
Headliner

Let me break your heart

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2004, 02:10:41 PM »

Lets all hope so!

what the hell?HuhHuh?

what would dizzy leave and why would anyone want him to,hes the only member from the original band and besides dizzy's frigin awsome,and yes i think brains already gone
he's NOT a member of the original band.
and he sucks
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2004, 02:10:50 PM »

It all depends on the way Axl and Buckethead's ways parted. If Axl and Buckethead are still on speakingterms then Brain might stay (chances are slim though). However considdering that Axl isn't quite the easiest "ex-friend" (in a non-gay fashion  Roll Eyes  Tongue ), there's a very big chance Brain will leave too. Brain and Buckethead will always be a team.

-PEACE-
« Last Edit: March 18, 2004, 02:12:48 PM by Slipdisc » Logged

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2004, 02:16:54 PM »

Lets all hope so!

what the hell?HuhHuh?

he's NOT a member of the original band.
and he sucks

Dizzy dosent suck,hes awsome and as far as im concered hes part of the original band,and jesus christ show some dam respect

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2004, 02:38:09 PM »

I'm with you as far as Dizzy doesn't suck.  I admire him very much as a fellow piano player.

But he is NOT an original member, as much as you may want him to be.

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2004, 10:30:24 PM »

I'm with you as far as Dizzy doesn't suck.  I admire him very much as a fellow piano player.

But he is NOT an original member, as much as you may want him to be.

Sure he's not from the very original lineup from 86/87 but in actuality, he's been in the band longer then any of the original members were. He joined in 91 if memory serves me correctly. It is now 2004 so Dizzy has been a member of GnR for 13 years. Izzy and Steven left under 5 years in the band and Slash and Duff just made 10 years in the band before quitting. Anyways if what MTV said is true, that Buckethead notified Axl he was leaving way back in December '03, thats 4 months since then in which Brain may have already left. Its clear there is some type of gag order or notification period in their contracts inwhich a departure cant be made public for some months. Last year I remember at Drumfest or something someone spoke to Brain about Chinese Democracy and he said he layed down his part 2 and a half years ago. Whats happened since then? If he hasn't left already he will in a short amount of time Undecided

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: