Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:47:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Velvet Revolver in Total Guitar mag.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet Revolver in Total Guitar mag.  (Read 23189 times)
blues_rock_axeman
Rocker

R n' F'n Roller

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2004, 04:44:35 PM »

I'm off to buy that copy.

It's fuckin' great to see the band get such high-profile publicity. Guitarists make up a huge population of the rock music industry, and since most of them hate Axl and love Slash, it's more likely they'll go and buy the album now...

Which is a good thing.  beer

Shuffle it all... Pack up your life again...
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2004, 07:21:58 PM »

I'm off to buy that copy.

It's fuckin' great to see the band get such high-profile publicity. Guitarists make up a huge population of the rock music industry, and since most of them hate Axl and love Slash, it's more likely they'll go and buy the album now...

Which is a good thing.  beer

Guitar magazines have always given Slash a good write-up over the years. Even when he put out the Snakepit albums they gave some good interviews with him.

Guitarists still hold Slash in high regard (even myself, as I'm a guitarist) for the work he did in GN'R, regardless of the music he has released since.

He almost has rock immortality thanks to the GN'R legacy.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2004, 08:21:52 PM »

"This is the first time I've really felt part of a band"

Huh

He could have said that this was the first time he really felt he's the boss of a band...

Slash is God, but that was just a plain stupid thing to say and if someone ask him about that quote he'll say something different...

How could you be the lead guitarist for Guns N' Roses 10 years + - and not feel like being a part of the band??? if huge would have said it, i'd understand, but Slash...

I can't wait for contraband, and if cd comes while it's still going strong it'll be very interesting just to see which ones sell the most.

i like the sound of not being able to compare it with anything of todays music tho, thats very promising!!! today's music mostly suck imo with ofcourse a handfull of exceptions.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2004, 02:28:38 PM »

Huh
He could have said that this was the first time he really felt he's the boss of a band...

Slash is God, but that was just a plain stupid thing to say and if someone ask him about that quote he'll say something different...

How could you be the lead guitarist for Guns N' Roses 10 years + - and not feel like being a part of the band??? if huge would have said it, i'd understand, but Slash...
Maybe because Axl never showed up to rehearsals, sound checks, recording sessions?
Maybe because he was high 99% of the time?
Maybe because by the time he wasn't high, Axl had hire paul huge and Izzy had left?

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2004, 03:27:02 PM »

Huh

Maybe because Axl never showed up to rehearsals, sound checks, recording sessions?
Maybe because by the time he wasn't high, Axl had hire paul huge and Izzy had left?
this could be the case...
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2004, 09:40:46 PM »

Huh

why say such a thing when you know it's total bs?? as far as i know gn'r has recorded five brilliant discs... they have played i don't know a thousand gigs together... and i don't believe that axl was the one who was high all the time...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2004, 03:42:58 PM »

When I said "he" I meant Slash.  And it's irrelevant that they recorded 5 great albums.  They could've recorded three hundred, but Slash still might have not felt he was part of a band.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2004, 05:42:58 PM »

When I said "he" I meant Slash.  And it's irrelevant that they recorded 5 great albums.  They could've recorded three hundred, but Slash still might have not felt he was part of a band.

cool, i just don't see that as a possibillity, not ever feel like being a part of the band that is.. a band that did so much, and achieved so much.. together...

anyway, i'm glad he does now..

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: