Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 04:24:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228059 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GnR at Westlemania XX - from WWE newsletter
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GnR at Westlemania XX - from WWE newsletter  (Read 80491 times)
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #200 on: February 10, 2004, 03:21:44 PM »

Face it, the typical GnR fan isn't exactly the intellectual, Mensa member type.

Why not? The music they make is of a quality that people from every layer in society seem to appreciate. Just like wrestling probably is quite enjoyable to watch for many people (intelligent or not).

-PEACE-

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #201 on: February 10, 2004, 03:32:55 PM »

Just for the record, I agree that the Wrestlemania gig would be a good one for gnr, but it would only reach half the buying public......which is why others have mentioned other gigs such as the world cup (soccer) etc.. which would be a good move to reach the other half

Yup, I agree..and said as much.  They should, if afforded the opportunity, do both.  And one of my points is, even if it is only 1/2, 1/2 is better than zero

I don't think they'll appear at any sports related event in the near future...

Even though one event might be bigger or a better idea, I just don't think they'll appear at any of them.

I don't think every organizer wants to take the risk of Axl not showing up (that's the reputation he has). MTV took it, but even they were nervous.

They didn't play at Superbowl and that one is big. They weren't at the Grammy Awards either.....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 10, 2004, 04:08:04 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #202 on: February 10, 2004, 03:34:13 PM »

Raw roster tired at last night?s show, Guns N Roses at WMXX?, more
Submitted by Richard Gray on Tuesday, February 10, 2004 at 2:53 PM EST

The overall feeling in the Raw locker room last night was one of complete exhaustion. The flights over and back to Japan last week were said to be pretty draining as you can imagine and even though the talent got back into the US on Sunday, most superstars were jet lagged at last night?s show.

In a potential rumor killer, according to sources within the music industry, the new version of Guns N Roses are not scheduled to perform at WrestleMania XX as had been speculated by some other sources. Even if they were scheduled, given Axl Rose?s track record, counting on him showing up is not a very safe bet.

WWE will hold one of four annual conference calls next Wednesday at 1 pm to discuss their third quarter earnings.

WWE Confirms Undertaker?s ?Deadman Walking? Return?

[Source: PWInsider.com]

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2004/articles/1076442784.php

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #203 on: February 10, 2004, 03:40:27 PM »

From Dave Scherer (at pwinsider.com):

A friend of mine in the music business told me that the rumors of the new version of Guns N Roses playing at WrestleMania XX are not true. He told me that he heard from a contact of his that it's not scheduled to happen. Given Axl Rose's track record, I don't think counting on him showing up would be all that wise anyway.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2004, 03:42:15 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #204 on: February 10, 2004, 03:43:07 PM »

how come the managment knows that all these rumors are false but refuses to give us ANY info on cd??

They will give info when they are ready. That's just the way it is

well if you are a trustable source, we should be getting something in the next week or two correct? That's what you posted last week anyways. What might this news be?

What Goes around comes around!
AprilRose
Banned
Headliner

Not here to offend :)

« Reply #205 on: February 10, 2004, 03:44:58 PM »

This no longer has anything to do with GN'R. If you wanna continue discussing it, do it here www.link.com

/jarmo

Now you can just lock it Wink

" I'm sorry. I'm not catering to the masses. We're in this band for ourselves. We play music WE want to hear and if someone else likes it, that adds to it." -Axl Rose.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #206 on: February 10, 2004, 03:52:40 PM »

This no longer has anything to do with GN'R. If you wanna continue discussing it, do it here www.link.com

/jarmo

Now you can just lock it Wink

Impersonating other people on this board isn't cool.  no

Hasn't anybody told you?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #207 on: February 10, 2004, 03:52:52 PM »

I suppose, after reading through the 11 pages of opinions, views and bitching, I better throw my hat in. First of all, wrestling is a huge, mainstream entertainment source in Europe, although I do not have viewing figures to prove this I can tell you that on March 15th (the day after WMXX) 'The Wrestling Channel' is being launched on british digital television, as far as I'm aware no channel of it's kind is available in the U.S. it WILL NOT feature WWE but many other wrestling organisations, this is on the back of WWE's success on SKY tv, which it has had much sucess on for many years. The WWE's tours to this country, the rest of europe, australia and the far east provide a HUGE amount of their annual revenue. If you walk down a street in a busy town or city you will be hard pressed to not find someone wearing a piece of WWE merchandise. I know a number of people between the ages of 16 and 28 who watch and/or like to know what is going on in the WWE and these people are inteligent and have no shame in the fact that they like the business. I have a couple of friends who do not watch wrestling regularly and do not share the same interest in it as I do, however every year we ALL always get together to watch Wrestlemania, it IS abig thing, it WILL get mainstream publicity.

Everybody knows who the WWE are, everybody knows who Guns and Roses are. Not everybody knows who the top scorer in the World Cup was, not everybody knows who took part in the superbowl.

If WMXX was on free TV it would compare with the superbowl on most people reached, world wide it probably surpasses that, if you want publicity look at what janet jackson has got out of the superbowl.

Many of you do not understand the level that wrestling has reached and are all caught in the past with stereootypical views and ideologies on its content. I do not mind people who dislike wrestling, people who disrespect it without understanding it just confuse me. Like it or lump it, and I don't believe that this rumour will come to anything it would make sense for both parties.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
AprilRose
Banned
Headliner

Not here to offend :)

« Reply #208 on: February 10, 2004, 04:05:33 PM »

Um.... sorry  nervous

peace

" I'm sorry. I'm not catering to the masses. We're in this band for ourselves. We play music WE want to hear and if someone else likes it, that adds to it." -Axl Rose.
mentalradio
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #209 on: February 10, 2004, 04:25:43 PM »

"Face it, the typical GnR fan isn't exactly the intellectual, Mensa member type.

Why not? The music they make is of a quality that people from every layer in society seem to appreciate. Just like wrestling probably is quite enjoyable to watch for many people (intelligent or not). "

It was a generalization, I suppose, but it was not meant in a disparaging way.
Slipdisc
VIP

« Reply #210 on: February 10, 2004, 04:46:11 PM »

It was a generalization

I know, that's why I didn't like it....

-PEACE-

mentalradio
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #211 on: February 10, 2004, 04:52:10 PM »

Oh...uhhh...okay?!?!
Slipdisc
VIP

« Reply #212 on: February 10, 2004, 04:55:52 PM »

Oh...uhhh...okay?!?!

hihi

-PEACE-

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #213 on: February 10, 2004, 04:57:52 PM »

Hmm,

This thread is getting quite aggressive.....don't forget this is more rubbish with NO basis, its not going to happen and never was going to happen

To be honest GNR could open for the fuckin Spice Girls and i wouldn't care...as long as they show signs of life.

GNR playing at the world cup final...what a coup that would be, not sure thats the image FIFA wishes for their game.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Evolution
« Reply #214 on: February 10, 2004, 04:58:57 PM »

my best friend went 2 the wwf live house show in glasgow,scotland on the 4/5/02 and the fink came out to welcome to the jungle so vince maybe has a bit of a liking to gnr? hihi
Slipdisc
VIP

« Reply #215 on: February 10, 2004, 05:02:31 PM »

To be honest GNR could open for the fuckin Spice Girls and i wouldn't care

crying Huh nervous crying

-PEACE-

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #216 on: February 10, 2004, 05:08:26 PM »

From Dave Scherer (at pwinsider.com):

A friend of mine in the music business told me that the rumors of the new version of Guns N Roses playing at WrestleMania XX are not true. He told me that he heard from a contact of his that it's not scheduled to happen. Given Axl Rose's track record, I don't think counting on him showing up would be all that wise anyway.

Best news I've heard all day! peace

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #217 on: February 10, 2004, 05:16:00 PM »

Mysteron, were you the source of Dave Scherer's? I'm glad this isn't true.  peace
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #218 on: February 10, 2004, 05:16:22 PM »

I think there was a mix up. I heard rapper Layzie Bone will be singing his song "Welcome 2 My Jungle", but that's just what I heard.

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #219 on: February 10, 2004, 05:39:27 PM »

God man...for those of you that disagreed with GNR doing this, at least they would've been responsible for the soiling of their own legacy if it went badly....If they get a hip-hop artist in there to do a re-mix, that would just be atrocious. crying
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: