Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:25:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slither similarites
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slither similarites  (Read 6587 times)
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« on: March 15, 2004, 11:31:19 PM »

I've listened to Slither almost non-stop the last few days and now I absolutely love the song, but I've noticed a few similarities.

Does anyone esle think there are parts in Slither that sound slightly similar to Guns N' Roses' Oh My God?
I think the intro of Slither along with the slow build up part before Slash's solo sounds similar to parts in Oh My God. Does anyone else notice this?

I also think parts of songs with Weilands vocal harmonies sound a bit like Alice In Chains too.

It's a very cool track, can't wait to hear the rest of the album! ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 05:22:52 PM »

i duno what to say of the song... it basicly has the same riff going over and over and over. if the bass isnt playing that main riff, the lead guitar are.... that kinda bugged me :s

and another thing, i see alot of people are talking about not liking the song at first, but forcing it on them selfe.... i think that is wrong. if you dont like a song, you dont like it.... i mean, i could listen to new metallica for a month and then love the music, but i dont. i even had to explain myself to a metallica fan... just listen more and deeper to it he said...  its wrong in my mind...

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2004, 06:50:25 PM »

i duno what to say of the song... it basicly has the same riff going over and over and over. if the bass isnt playing that main riff, the lead guitar are.... that kinda bugged me :s

and another thing, i see alot of people are talking about not liking the song at first, but forcing it on them selfe.... i think that is wrong. if you dont like a song, you dont like it.... i mean, i could listen to new metallica for a month and then love the music, but i dont. i even had to explain myself to a metallica fan... just listen more and deeper to it he said...  its wrong in my mind...

Hmmm.. well I dont know of anyone here saying that they "forced" themselves to listen to it, but who are you to say that a song cant grow on you?

I liked Slither at the start, but with repeated listens it only seemed to get better, much like many GN'R songs and even St. Anger.

Hell, I didnt really like Estranged when I first heard it, but thats one of the most amazing songs ever and it a took a few listens for me to get it.
Just because you might not "get" a song on first listen, doesn't mean you should dismiss it.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2004, 12:17:09 AM »

Just because you might not "get" a song on first listen, doesn't mean you should dismiss it.

Yeah, exactly.  Slither has definitely grown on me a lot!

There's something about music that makes the familar more enjoyable, so sometimes you have to listen to the unfamilar to make it familar before your brain can understand what's so cool about it.  Your musical horizons will never expand if you don't take risks.   ok

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2004, 04:59:04 AM »

I have only listened once through a crappy speaker at work so I really do not have an opinion yet. But about what you guys are saying... Some of my Favorite albums and songs are ones that grew on me.  I often find ones that are catchy right away often grow boring quick.

darkmonth
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2004, 06:56:29 PM »

Ok, I understand what you mean here.  But some of us do and did love it from the first listen.  Myself included.  Personally I like St Anger a lot too... first time Wink  But at the end of the day, if you don't like a song, fine!
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2004, 11:27:46 AM »

Ok, I understand what you mean here.  But some of us do and did love it from the first listen.  Myself included.  Personally I like St Anger a lot too... first time Wink  But at the end of the day, if you don't like a song, fine!

this song was maybe a little bad example, but songs like Oh My God, love it from the first time i've heard it, alot of people said it sucked, but after listening to it for a whole day they did like it. ( i KNOW people wrote they did that, and listening to a song you dontl ike for a day?)
anyway, its ok to change your mind.

hell, im even sure if Jarmo REALLY REALLY wants to, he could become a snakepit fan!  hihi

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: