Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:55:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl has got balls to ask Geffen not to release GH, since he f***d Live Era
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl has got balls to ask Geffen not to release GH, since he f***d Live Era  (Read 12666 times)
luciano
Banned
Rocker

Axl-Izzy-Slash-Duff-Steven!

« on: March 16, 2004, 05:59:39 PM »

Axl has got some  BIG BALLS

He objected the releasing of GH  because of:

1) the selection of songs for the compilation album
2) the timing of its release
3) the album's artwork
4) the re-mastering of the original tapes

My questions are:

1) How can somebody that has chosen to release My  World instead of Ain?t Going Down, that has neglected his owns gems Coma, Locomotive, Don?t Damn Me, Get in the Ring, Bad Apples & Breakdown and instead chose to play the same old songs for a 3-year world tour have the balls to speak about selection of songs?

2) How can someone that spent ten years making a record and at least 8 postponing it month after month hasthe balls to complain about the timing of the release of any album?

3) How can someone that choses all 85-86 photos (all great, by the way) to illustrate a CD (Live Era) wich only has songs from 87 to 92, and most from 92 say a word about any album's artwork?

4) How can somebody that re-recorded EACH and EVERY track of a live album (Live Era) on studio, this way fucking any chance of it being live and lying to millions of fans worldwide can dare to express his opinion about re-mastering original tapes of a record?

Man, this guy has balls!

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 06:07:13 PM »

Axl's got balls. You just figure that out?

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2004, 06:07:14 PM »

uhm.. havent seen them... but when he holds a human skull infont of them it doesnt show off anything... it could be manipulted though....
i dont wanna find out how big axl's balls are, i dont like him THAT much  hihi

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2004, 06:07:16 PM »

You are a boring troll, and I'm sick of you.  I've seen you post this crap everywhere.  Shut up about it.  

He didn't re record the Live album. Roll Eyes
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2004, 06:09:31 PM »

Oh, i'm pretty sure he did, pretty much every band do.
grabaraxl
Rocker

stick to your guns

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2004, 06:26:01 PM »

axl did not choose my world over ain't going down.

you know why use your illusions is 2 albums? because axl decided to release everything, i repeat EVERYTHING, the band had recorded, to "clean the closet" as he stated in 1991.

some months after the release of UYI, i guess it was Duff that said that the band completly forgot about ain't going down.

the version we know of ain't going down is from appetite for destruction days.

that's why there were no b-sides, and that's why there can't be any rarities compilation, since everythign was released. the only b-side that gn'r had was "shadow of your love", again, something recorded for "live like a suicide".
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2004, 06:50:53 PM »

i dont wanna find out how big axl's balls are, i dont like him THAT much  hihi

ahuahuahuahuhuahau rofl

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2004, 07:28:53 PM »

I do think its a bit much that he complains about the tracklisting, essential 99% of GNR's singles when he released those songs as singles!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
luciano
Banned
Rocker

Axl-Izzy-Slash-Duff-Steven!

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2004, 08:02:44 PM »

He didn't re record the Live album?

Man, just do yourself a favor and listen to ANY bootleg from 81 to 94 and you will NOT find THAT Live Era?s Axl on it. Or, to make it easier, just ask anybody who has GNR bootlegs and they will tell ya.

Axl did not choose my world over ain't going down?

I guess he did, yes. Izzy didn?t even know that he would put My World on the record.

Do You know why use your illusions is ONLY 2 albums?

Because GNR did NOT release everything the band had recorded, I repeat, GNR did NOT release everything the band had recorded, because I do not see on Use Your Illusion any song named:

Too much Too soon
Indiana Ain?t My Kinda Town
Just Another Sunday
Crash Diet
Sentimental Movie

AND the mentioned Ain?t Going Down & Shadow and Your Love. And the song Down on The Street, that did not surface even on Spaghetti.

AND the covers like We?re an American Band, Jumping Jack Flash, Heartbreak Hotel, and so many others that they did NOT include on UYI. Is that waht you call cleaning the closet?

The version we know of ain't going down is from appetite for destruction days?

hmmmmmmmm... I hear MATT there... I hear overproduction Use Your Illusion style there, specially on Axl?s vocals... Wouldn?t be sure about that...

Dizzy
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2004, 08:48:50 PM »

Axl definitely re-recorded many vocals for the Live Era album.  Find one bootleg where Axl sounds as good as he did on Live Era's versions of "Rocket Queen", "Nightrain", and "My Michelle".  You can't, because Axl NEVER sounded that good live.

And where he didn't re-record, he obviously used pro-tools to extract vocals from different shows to put over top of the instrumentals they used for the album.  If you listen to the music, it sounds exactly the same as the show it is from, but the vocals are completely different.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2004, 08:51:23 PM by Dizzy » Logged
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2004, 09:20:16 PM »

Don't forget "Bring it Back Home to me", "Going out of my head" , Anything Goes (Alt), Stooges, Hanoi Rock covers. There is a lot of tape in the vault.

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
badapple81
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2004, 09:27:30 PM »

Axl definitely re-recorded many vocals for the Live Era album.  Find one bootleg where Axl sounds as good as he did on Live Era's versions of "Rocket Queen", "Nightrain", and "My Michelle".  You can't, because Axl NEVER sounded that good live.

And where he didn't re-record, he obviously used pro-tools to extract vocals from different shows to put over top of the instrumentals they used for the album.  If you listen to the music, it sounds exactly the same as the show it is from, but the vocals are completely different.

Agreed.. its a totally different Axl voice which has never been heard before live. Kinda like the Oh My God voice, which we know is an engineered voice.
SlashFan
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2004, 09:33:35 PM »

I do think its a bit much that he complains about the tracklisting, essential 99% of GNR's singles when he released those songs as singles!

It's not only Axl that has been complaining.Remember Slash and Duff were in on the lawsuit.I can understand why they are complaining,I guess some people don't understand. Tongue
badapple81
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2004, 09:45:05 PM »

It's not only Axl that has been complaining.Remember Slash and Duff were in on the lawsuit.I can understand why they are complaining,I guess some people don't understand. Tongue

Well Axl is complaining I guess.. or trying to take action.. against an inferior product.. which is cool that he is listening to fans.. after all we've been ripped off by what.. 4 inferior products in a row now  ok
SLCPUNK
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2004, 02:14:19 AM »

I've never heard this before. Do you have any links of articles that explain why he re-recorded his parts for live era?
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2004, 02:37:39 AM »

Well, I think you people better get some evidence online, and let us compare.  Get the "original" performance of a song, and then get the Live Era "version" and post them here.  Otherwise, shut up.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2004, 02:52:00 AM »

i think estranged tokyo and the live era are dead on the same

i say slash and duff are mad cause sftd is on there which means paul tobias will get some royalties from GH's

sympathy for the devil and aint it fun shouldnt be on there they should be replaced with nightrain and rocket queen

neither of those were hits for gnr, singles but not hits

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2004, 02:57:22 AM »

Read the allmusic.com review for the record...They don't come out and directly say he re-recorded, but it is insinuated...They say something like "The touch-ups are obvious, as Axl sounds like he's singing in an isolated booth 100 miles away."  Obviously paraphrasing, but I thought this was common knowledge....Kiss took it one step further, recording instrumental tracks over and even additional crowd noise for Kiss Alive.....It's not the end of the world...I'm not a Kiss fan particularly, but at least they were upfront about it..
Bahad
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2004, 03:07:23 AM »

Axl for sure re-record vocals. The tokyo ones can easily tell. Take a look at Estranged,November rain, Pretty tied up, You could be mine, Move to the city the vocals changed totally, it's not a remastering thing. And for the other ones I can decide for sure as I have so many gnr bootlegs: Nightrain,My michelle, Sweet child (paris 92),Rocket queen are re-recorded too cos he never sang that songs like the way he did on liveera, the vocals has the studio voice not the live voice for sure. I hate liveera cos that album never give me the live feeling. How can I live album almost 70% it done in the studio. Take a look at megadeth's rude awakening or iron maiden's,Ozzy's any live recording, that's what I call LIVE!
badapple81
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2004, 04:25:33 AM »

Having so many Tokyo cracks was another Geffen rip off.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: