Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:21:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl has got balls to ask Geffen not to release GH, since he f***d Live Era
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl has got balls to ask Geffen not to release GH, since he f***d Live Era  (Read 12664 times)
luciano
Banned
Rocker

Axl-Izzy-Slash-Duff-Steven!

« on: March 16, 2004, 05:59:39 PM »

Axl has got some  BIG BALLS

He objected the releasing of GH  because of:

1) the selection of songs for the compilation album
2) the timing of its release
3) the album's artwork
4) the re-mastering of the original tapes

My questions are:

1) How can somebody that has chosen to release My  World instead of Ain?t Going Down, that has neglected his owns gems Coma, Locomotive, Don?t Damn Me, Get in the Ring, Bad Apples & Breakdown and instead chose to play the same old songs for a 3-year world tour have the balls to speak about selection of songs?

2) How can someone that spent ten years making a record and at least 8 postponing it month after month hasthe balls to complain about the timing of the release of any album?

3) How can someone that choses all 85-86 photos (all great, by the way) to illustrate a CD (Live Era) wich only has songs from 87 to 92, and most from 92 say a word about any album's artwork?

4) How can somebody that re-recorded EACH and EVERY track of a live album (Live Era) on studio, this way fucking any chance of it being live and lying to millions of fans worldwide can dare to express his opinion about re-mastering original tapes of a record?

Man, this guy has balls!

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 06:07:13 PM »

Axl's got balls. You just figure that out?

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2004, 06:07:14 PM »

uhm.. havent seen them... but when he holds a human skull infont of them it doesnt show off anything... it could be manipulted though....
i dont wanna find out how big axl's balls are, i dont like him THAT much  hihi

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2004, 06:07:16 PM »

You are a boring troll, and I'm sick of you.  I've seen you post this crap everywhere.  Shut up about it.  

He didn't re record the Live album. Roll Eyes
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2004, 06:09:31 PM »

Oh, i'm pretty sure he did, pretty much every band do.
grabaraxl
Rocker

stick to your guns

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2004, 06:26:01 PM »

axl did not choose my world over ain't going down.

you know why use your illusions is 2 albums? because axl decided to release everything, i repeat EVERYTHING, the band had recorded, to "clean the closet" as he stated in 1991.

some months after the release of UYI, i guess it was Duff that said that the band completly forgot about ain't going down.

the version we know of ain't going down is from appetite for destruction days.

that's why there were no b-sides, and that's why there can't be any rarities compilation, since everythign was released. the only b-side that gn'r had was "shadow of your love", again, something recorded for "live like a suicide".
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2004, 06:50:53 PM »

i dont wanna find out how big axl's balls are, i dont like him THAT much  hihi

ahuahuahuahuhuahau rofl

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2004, 07:28:53 PM »

I do think its a bit much that he complains about the tracklisting, essential 99% of GNR's singles when he released those songs as singles!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
luciano
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2004, 08:02:44 PM »

He didn't re record the Live album?

Man, just do yourself a favor and listen to ANY bootleg from 81 to 94 and you will NOT find THAT Live Era?s Axl on it. Or, to make it easier, just ask anybody who has GNR bootlegs and they will tell ya.

Axl did not choose my world over ain't going down?

I guess he did, yes. Izzy didn?t even know that he would put My World on the record.

Do You know why use your illusions is ONLY 2 albums?

Because GNR did NOT release everything the band had recorded, I repeat, GNR did NOT release everything the band had recorded, because I do not see on Use Your Illusion any song named:

Too much Too soon
Indiana Ain?t My Kinda Town
Just Another Sunday
Crash Diet
Sentimental Movie

AND the mentioned Ain?t Going Down & Shadow and Your Love. And the song Down on The Street, that did not surface even on Spaghetti.

AND the covers like We?re an American Band, Jumping Jack Flash, Heartbreak Hotel, and so many others that they did NOT include on UYI. Is that waht you call cleaning the closet?

The version we know of ain't going down is from appetite for destruction days?

hmmmmmmmm... I hear MATT there... I hear overproduction Use Your Illusion style there, specially on Axl?s vocals... Wouldn?t be sure about that...

Dizzy
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2004, 08:48:50 PM »

Axl definitely re-recorded many vocals for the Live Era album.  Find one bootleg where Axl sounds as good as he did on Live Era's versions of "Rocket Queen", "Nightrain", and "My Michelle".  You can't, because Axl NEVER sounded that good live.

And where he didn't re-record, he obviously used pro-tools to extract vocals from different shows to put over top of the instrumentals they used for the album.  If you listen to the music, it sounds exactly the same as the show it is from, but the vocals are completely different.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2004, 08:51:23 PM by Dizzy » Logged
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2004, 09:20:16 PM »

Don't forget "Bring it Back Home to me", "Going out of my head" , Anything Goes (Alt), Stooges, Hanoi Rock covers. There is a lot of tape in the vault.

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
badapple81
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2004, 09:27:30 PM »

Axl definitely re-recorded many vocals for the Live Era album.  Find one bootleg where Axl sounds as good as he did on Live Era's versions of "Rocket Queen", "Nightrain", and "My Michelle".  You can't, because Axl NEVER sounded that good live.

And where he didn't re-record, he obviously used pro-tools to extract vocals from different shows to put over top of the instrumentals they used for the album.  If you listen to the music, it sounds exactly the same as the show it is from, but the vocals are completely different.

Agreed.. its a totally different Axl voice which has never been heard before live. Kinda like the Oh My God voice, which we know is an engineered voice.
SlashFan
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2004, 09:33:35 PM »

I do think its a bit much that he complains about the tracklisting, essential 99% of GNR's singles when he released those songs as singles!

It's not only Axl that has been complaining.Remember Slash and Duff were in on the lawsuit.I can understand why they are complaining,I guess some people don't understand. Tongue
badapple81
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2004, 09:45:05 PM »

It's not only Axl that has been complaining.Remember Slash and Duff were in on the lawsuit.I can understand why they are complaining,I guess some people don't understand. Tongue

Well Axl is complaining I guess.. or trying to take action.. against an inferior product.. which is cool that he is listening to fans.. after all we've been ripped off by what.. 4 inferior products in a row now  ok
SLCPUNK
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2004, 02:14:19 AM »

I've never heard this before. Do you have any links of articles that explain why he re-recorded his parts for live era?
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2004, 02:37:39 AM »

Well, I think you people better get some evidence online, and let us compare.  Get the "original" performance of a song, and then get the Live Era "version" and post them here.  Otherwise, shut up.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2004, 02:52:00 AM »

i think estranged tokyo and the live era are dead on the same

i say slash and duff are mad cause sftd is on there which means paul tobias will get some royalties from GH's

sympathy for the devil and aint it fun shouldnt be on there they should be replaced with nightrain and rocket queen

neither of those were hits for gnr, singles but not hits

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2004, 02:57:22 AM »

Read the allmusic.com review for the record...They don't come out and directly say he re-recorded, but it is insinuated...They say something like "The touch-ups are obvious, as Axl sounds like he's singing in an isolated booth 100 miles away."  Obviously paraphrasing, but I thought this was common knowledge....Kiss took it one step further, recording instrumental tracks over and even additional crowd noise for Kiss Alive.....It's not the end of the world...I'm not a Kiss fan particularly, but at least they were upfront about it..
Bahad
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2004, 03:07:23 AM »

Axl for sure re-record vocals. The tokyo ones can easily tell. Take a look at Estranged,November rain, Pretty tied up, You could be mine, Move to the city the vocals changed totally, it's not a remastering thing. And for the other ones I can decide for sure as I have so many gnr bootlegs: Nightrain,My michelle, Sweet child (paris 92),Rocket queen are re-recorded too cos he never sang that songs like the way he did on liveera, the vocals has the studio voice not the live voice for sure. I hate liveera cos that album never give me the live feeling. How can I live album almost 70% it done in the studio. Take a look at megadeth's rude awakening or iron maiden's,Ozzy's any live recording, that's what I call LIVE!
badapple81
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2004, 04:25:33 AM »

Having so many Tokyo cracks was another Geffen rip off.
badapple81
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2004, 04:30:53 AM »

Well, I think you people better get some evidence online, and let us compare.  Get the "original" performance of a song, and then get the Live Era "version" and post them here.  Otherwise, shut up.

Knockin' On Heavens Door! I guess its time for you to shut up then eh?  ok
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2004, 05:48:52 AM »

3) How can someone that choses all 85-86 photos (all great, by the way) to illustrate a CD (Live Era) wich only has songs from 87 to 92, and most from 92 say a word about any album's artwork?

Now that's mostly true hihi i think that most of those pics are crap...

but isn't there few tracks from 93...like second half of patience..?

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2004, 06:32:55 AM »

I can not believe some of the bullshit in this thread!

1). Axl re-recorded live era? - There is no proof, A music review hinting at it isn't proof. Has everyone forgotten all the reviews that thought it was overproduced? How the fuck would any of you know what his voice would sound like after all that messing around? You can not compare Live Era directly to bootlegs for fucks sake. Can anyone not see that?

2). Has anyone noticed that UYI were two CDs full to the limits? Where would you put these songs that you are so concerned about? I wouldn't replace any of the tracks on there with another song that you listed, except My World. Oh, hang on, anyone with a brain know that My World lasts 1min22secs. Yeah, I'm sure we could fit another song into that space  Roll Eyes

3). Live Era's pictures were just right! All you people sit here complaining about the importance of the bands roots and how it's all been forgotten? Then they put loads of interesting pictures from the early days which we haven't seen AND pictures from the 90's in Live Era and you complain again? There are loads of pictures from the 90's in that booklet/sleeve!

4). The Live Era original songs were all written by the original band. It doesn't matter which version they picked to be on the album, they are still the songs of that band.

5). The songs played live on the UYI tour were chosen by the whole band, not just Axl! They didn't play Coma much because it was so difficult to play live. As for the other songs, that's the band's choice and you don't have any clue as to their reasons. Those choices are part of the band. You like that band? Then you don't bitch about the songs they all chose to play.

6). The complaint from Axl and Slash and Duff, is that they didn't get to choose the tracklist. People have spent hours in here complaining about the tracklist and this just shows that these guys know what their fans want. Yes it's the singles more or less, but it's not the tracklist the fans or the band would have chosen is it? Now don't you think that's fundamentally shitty?

Man I'm tired of crap,

@#$%Muther
« Last Edit: March 17, 2004, 06:38:51 AM by Mutherfunker » Logged
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2004, 07:31:57 AM »

Don't forget "Bring it Back Home to me", "Going out of my head" , Anything Goes (Alt), Stooges, Hanoi Rock covers. There is a lot of tape in the vault.

Never heard of GNR recording any Hanoi Rocks covers, where did you get the info? Do you know which songs were covered?

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
marcos
Opening Act

hold me

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2004, 09:07:54 AM »

Too much Too soon
Just Another Sunday
Crash Diet
Sentimental Movie

AND the mentioned Ain?t Going Down & Shadow and Your Love. And the song Down on The Street, that did not surface even on Spaghetti.

AND the covers like We?re an American Band, Jumping Jack Flash, Heartbreak Hotel, and so many others that they did NOT include on UYI. Is that waht you call cleaning the closet?

i have never even heard of "down on the street" or the cover of "we're an american band".  are these readily available?
AxlN'Slash
Headliner

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2004, 09:19:07 AM »

He didn't re record the Live album?

Man, just do yourself a favor and listen to ANY bootleg from 81 to 94 and you will NOT find THAT Live Era?s Axl on it. Or, to make it easier, just ask anybody who has GNR bootlegs and they will tell ya.

Axl did not choose my world over ain't going down?

I guess he did, yes. Izzy didn?t even know that he would put My World on the record.

Do You know why use your illusions is ONLY 2 albums?

Because GNR did NOT release everything the band had recorded, I repeat, GNR did NOT release everything the band had recorded, because I do not see on Use Your Illusion any song named:

Too much Too soon
Just Another Sunday
Crash Diet
Sentimental Movie

The version we know of ain't going down is from appetite for destruction days?

hmmmmmmmm... I hear MATT there... I hear overproduction Use Your Illusion style there, specially on Axl?s vocals... Wouldn?t be sure about that...

Luciano,

Well put..........also what about the songs w/slash on vox or even the bootleg unwanted UYL

Retards Attempting Poetry
               RAP
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2004, 10:43:36 AM »

1) How can somebody that has chosen to release My  World instead of Ain?t Going Down, that has neglected his owns gems Coma, Locomotive, Don?t Damn Me, Get in the Ring, Bad Apples & Breakdown and instead chose to play the same old songs for a 3-year world tour have the balls to speak about selection of songs?

Playing songs live and putting together a tracklist for an official release isn't the same thing.

Would you like the record company deciding what to put on your records?

2) How can someone that spent ten years making a record and at least 8 postponing it month after month hasthe balls to complain about the timing of the release of any album?

The timing of that Greatest Hits will never be right.  hihi

What are you talking about?

The flyers are from those years, but not all of the artwork is from 85-86.

Again, Live Era - Axl was involved, Greatest Hits - Axl wasn't involved.

4) How can somebody that re-recorded EACH and EVERY track of a live album (Live Era) on studio, this way fucking any chance of it being live and lying to millions of fans worldwide can dare to express his opinion about re-mastering original tapes of a record?

See above.

Man, this guy has balls!

Agreed, and that's what many so called frontmen are missing these days.

Duff and Slash didn't have any saying in any of those issues either. They were on Axl's side. No bandmember had anything to say about the release. That's kinda sad..... I don't want GN'R to end up like Alice In Chains. Soon AIC will have more compilations out than actual records.  Undecided

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 17, 2004, 10:44:30 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2004, 10:53:51 AM »

Too much Too soon
Just Another Sunday
Crash Diet
Sentimental Movie

i have never even heard of "down on the street" or the cover of "we're an american band".  are these readily available?

"We're an american band" does excists. Coz I have it on mp3. Others I dunno

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2004, 11:11:23 AM »

That's kinda sad..... I don't want GN'R to end up like Alice In Chains. Soon AIC will have more compilations out than actual records.  Undecided

In fairness, I dont think anybody wanted GNR to turn out the way it has way before the Greatest Hits, so anything beyond this point doesnt even matter, its still a big joke.

I dont see how Greatest Hits tarnishes GNRs legacy at all.  As far as Im concerned, its one of the very few things in the past decade that actually does some good to the Guns N' Roses name.  Sure, theres some odd picks on there, but its still a good review of GNRs greatest ("PC"," "SCOM," "WTTJ," etc.) and its recieved a surprising amount of attention which hopefully means that many casual fans that may have forgotten/dismissed GNR will pick it up and remember why this band was so great.  Its a good distraction from the sorry state the GNR name is in right now.

And really, how many compilations can you cull from GNRs catalogue?  Live Era, Greatest Hits...all they can really do next is some sort of Essential/Best Of.

No, but as the record company, would you like to see millions of dollars spent over the course of an entire decade when the product youre funding never seems to be coming out?  
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2004, 11:24:12 AM »

Never heard of GNR recording any Hanoi Rocks covers, where did you get the info? Do you know which songs were covered?

I believe I read it on this site in a Gilby clarke interview. The info is from Gilby, but I don't think he mentioned which songs

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2004, 11:25:32 AM »

I dont see how Greatest Hits tarnishes GNRs legacy at all.  

But wouldn't it have been nice if it was something at least one member or ex-member supported?

The last Greatest Hits I bought was the Chili Peppers one. That's a nice one. It's got the hits, new songs and even a DVD as a bonus.

No, but as the record company, would you like to see millions of dollars spent over the course of an entire decade when the product youre funding never seems to be coming out?  

I thought companies usually got rid off stuff that didn't make any profit....

Who forces Geffen to invest money in Axl's album? Can't they just say "no" when/if he asks for more money?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bahad
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2004, 11:53:03 AM »

I can not believe some of the bullshit in this thread!

1). Axl re-recorded live era? - There is no proof, A music review hinting at it isn't proof. Has everyone forgotten all the reviews that thought it was overproduced? How the fuck would any of you know what his voice would sound like after all that messing around? You can not compare Live Era directly to bootlegs for fucks sake. Can anyone not see that?

@#$%Muther

You have no clue what you're talkin' about. Listen to the Tokyo bootleg the songs I mentioned with my previous post and compare with Live era. Best examples November rain and estranged.  Also take a listen to the paris 92 performance of Sweet child. This is the 2nd proof.  If those arent  proofs, what's a proof for you? An official statement like yeah we re-recorded vocals Roll Eyes I got almost all gnr bootlegs which have surfaced and I am sure the other ones like nightrain,rocket queen never being sang like that. Anybody who have a little music ear can easily get that.!

I dont compare live era with bootlegs but a live album sux if it's vocals were done in the studio.

Got that?

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2004, 12:03:18 PM »

But wouldn't it have been nice if it was something at least one member or ex-member supported?

Oh, now their opinion matters right?  The ex-Gunners dont support Axl using the GNR name either, but it apparently no longer matters what the ex-Gunners think about GNR goings-on (unless they happen to agree with Axl, of course).

The last Greatest Hits I bought was the Chili Peppers one. That's a nice one. It's got the hits, new songs and even a DVD as a bonus.

Yeah, so?  Nobody is saying this is an awesome product, but it is what it is: An opportunity for casual fans to get all of the hits on one CD (remastered too, apparently).

I thought companies usually got rid off stuff that didn't make any profit....

Who forces Geffen to invest money in Axl's album? Can't they just say "no" when/if he asks for more money?

Youre right, Axl should have been dropped a while ago.  It seems they foolishly had faith in him actually delivering the promised record within a reasonable amount of time (you know, within a decade).  I guess they didnt figure that they were funding an album that would take so ridiculously long to finish.

Its all going to come down to who was legally right.  So far, Geffen won "Round 1" by shaking off the injunction.  I think they will shake off the lawsuit as well.  Youve gotta figure they knew what they were getting into before they went ahead in making, promoting and releasing this project.  Theyve got their army of attorneys looking at shit like this, and Im sure if they thought they could be sued for it, they wouldnt have gone through with it.  But who knows?

We might not be getting any music, but at least we get another awesome GNR lawsuit!  Rock N' Roll!

« Last Edit: March 17, 2004, 12:04:54 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2004, 12:35:21 PM »

Oh, now their opinion matters right?  The ex-Gunners dont support Axl using the GNR name either, but it apparently no longer matters what the ex-Gunners think about GNR goings-on (unless they happen to agree with Axl, of course).

Great idea, let's have the name discussion again. Why don't you mention how Slash is better than Buckethead as well?

Where did I say their opinion only matters when they agree with Axl? Please point that out to me would you.

Aren't you the one always pointing out how stuff doesn't have anything to do with the subject? Axl using the GN'R name isn't what this thread is about. So please live by your own advice.

Geffen decided to release a GN'R album without asking any bandmembers. Duff and Slash along with Axl didn't think that was cool of them so they sued. Easy as that.

Must be really annoying to some people that Duff and Slash agree with "that asshole Axl" on something.   Tongue

/jarmo

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2004, 12:56:34 PM »

Great idea, let's have the name discussion again. Why don't you mention how Slash is better than Buckethead as well?

Where did I say their opinion only matters when they agree with Axl? Please point that out to me would you.

Aren't you the one always pointing out how stuff doesn't have anything to do with the subject? Axl using the GN'R name isn't what this thread is about. So please live by your own advice.

Geffen decided to release a GN'R album without asking any bandmembers. Duff and Slash along with Axl didn't think that was cool of them so they sued. Easy as that.

Must be really annoying to some people that Duff and Slash agree with "that asshole Axl" on something.   Tongue

Youre always missing the point...

I wasnt rehashing the name argument, I was pointing out that Slash and Duffs opinions on what should be done with the GNR brand dont seem to matter anymore, as evidenced by Axls use of the name.  But all of a sudden, their opinion matters?  Surely its just a coincidence that their wishes should be respected as they agree with Axl.  

They should go ahead and join Axl in the lawsuit...if the legalities prove them all right, then thats great.  If not, then it doesnt even matter.  

But lets say that the ex-members did encourage the release, I guess you wouldnt mind it then?
madagas
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2004, 01:06:28 PM »

"And Ezra Pound and Ts Eliot are fighting in the captain's tower while calypso singers laugh at them and fisherman hold flowers between the windows of the sea where lovely mermaids flow and nobody has to think too much about DESOLATION ROW. " This board has certainly become Desolation Row. Embarrassed
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2004, 01:14:30 PM »

But lets say that the ex-members did encourage the release, I guess you wouldnt mind it then?

Even if the whole band including Axl was behind it, I'd still feel it lacked.

Sure, it might be great for the casual fans. Many other bands release limited edition versions of their Greatest Hits albums so that even the fans who's got everything gets something out of it. Listening to U2's "Best Of 1990 - 2000" right now, another great package.

/jarmo

Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2004, 02:07:36 PM »

You have no clue what you're talkin' about. Listen to the Tokyo bootleg the songs I mentioned with my previous post and compare with Live era. Best examples November rain and estranged.  Also take a listen to the paris 92 performance of Sweet child. This is the 2nd proof.  If those arent  proofs, what's a proof for you? An official statement like yeah we re-recorded vocals Roll Eyes I got almost all gnr bootlegs which have surfaced and I am sure the other ones like nightrain,rocket queen never being sang like that. Anybody who have a little music ear can easily get that.!

I dont compare live era with bootlegs but a live album sux if it's vocals were done in the studio.

Got that?

Yeah, I get what you're saying, but do you actually read my post?

I didn't say I know anything like you're mouthing off about. You have your theories and your 'musical ear' as you put it. I'm saying that there's no proof that he re-recorded the parts - true? Yes. Get it?

You don't think that in you expert opinion that there is no way that some of these songs have been put together from more than one performance? not to mention other stuff that has been done to them?

I mean I can put together any of those songs using several bootlegs with out much trouble. If you can prove to me that there is no other possibility than re-recording, then you can state as fact that he re-recorded parts.

OK?

@#$%Muther
Bahad
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2004, 04:41:51 PM »

Yeah, I get what you're saying, but do you actually read my post?

I didn't say I know anything like you're mouthing off about. You have your theories and your 'musical ear' as you put it. I'm saying that there's no proof that he re-recorded the parts - true? Yes. Get it?

You don't think that in you expert opinion that there is no way that some of these songs have been put together from more than one performance? not to mention other stuff that has been done to them?

I mean I can put together any of those songs using several bootlegs with out much trouble. If you can prove to me that there is no other possibility than re-recording, then you can state as fact that he re-recorded parts.

OK?

@#$%Muther

Musical ear statement goes to songs like nightrain, rocket queen which I havent listened them from own bootlegs. For these songs Axl never sang them like the way he sang them 87-93 in too many gnr shows.

The proofs are which no needs some musical ear, the tokyo and paris 92 scom ones. The vocals are completely changed. Listen to the starting of Estranged you dont need to be an expert to get the difference. Color of his voice, form of his voice completely different. You can remaster vocals by adding removing effects but it's not effect thing.

Do you try to mean vocals were taken from another show? Yep you can do it easily but these vocals which I mentioned has Axl's studio voice not live voice. Also adding vocals to the tokyo ones from another shows vocals is a lame thing to do.
luciano
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2004, 05:46:48 PM »

SLCPUNK,
There are no links of articles that explain why Axl re-recorded the vocals for Live Era. It?s just there. You just listen to it and you know it. Every person here that has some minimal knowledge about GNR bootlegs now that Axl re-recorded Live Era.

DRUNK,
You are getting evidence from the people that know Guns n Roses sound better than anyone. Do you think ANY specialized music journalist in the whole world knows more about GNR sound than US?

D,
It is possible that estranged tokyo and the live era are dead on the same. Maybe Axl left this one untouched.

Hba,
You said you hate liveera "cos that album never give me the live feelin". I feel the same, but I do not hate it. I dispise it. My worship goes to the bootlegs, i guess it?s the same for you, right?

M
You say you "can not believe some of the bullshit in this thread!"

YEAH, There is no proof that Axl re-recorded live era, maybe on day he will come in public and say that only a stupid person could imagine that Live Era is a live record, JUST LIKE he did about Live like a Suicide!

A music review hinting isn't proof? Well, maybe we should call it STRONG Evidence. Just like I said before, you are getting evidence from the people that know Guns n' Roses sound better than anyone. Do you think ANY specialized music journalist in the whole world knows more about GNR sound than US?

You said also that "You can not compare Live Era directly to bootlegs for fucks sake". So is there ANY other GNR live recording that we can compare Live Era to? Remember: Axl said himself that somebody would have to be stupid to think that Live Like a Suicide is a real live recording... So I guess all  we have left are DA BOOTZ.

Yeah, we all know that UYI were full to the limits. Where then to put these songs if the CDs are filled up? Well, you know the answer: on ANOTHER CD.

Live Era's pictures were just right! But ONLY the pictures were right. The bands roots have, YES, been forgotten, just look at the sources:

From 87
Out Ta Get Me

From 88:
You're Crazy
Used To Love Her

From 91 (it means Matt & Dizzy)
Mr. Brownstone
Dust N' Bones
My Michelle

From 1992 (it means, from circus band with Gilby):
Nightrain
It's So Easy
Patience [2nd half]
It's Alright
November Rain
Pretty Tied Up
Yesterdays
Move To The City
You Could Be Mine
Rocket Queen
Sweet Child O' Mine
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Don't Cry
Estranged
Paradise City

From 1993
Patience [1st half]
Coma

Unknown
Welcome To The Jungle

SO, you have:

III - THREE tracks with the original best band ever;
III - THREE tracks when the band was still a GREAT rock act;
IIIIIIIIIIIIII - FOURTEEN tracks when the band turned itself into a joke (a bad one actually, no fun at all)
II  - TWO tracks when the band tried to clean its act (no more Tracy & Roberta, no more shit circus, what about five guys playing rock n' roll?)

So, how rootsy is that division? YES! Loads of interesting (I?d say GREAT) pictures from the early days, but NO music. How cool is that?

You say "It doesn't matter which version they picked to be on the album". Oh no? I see... It?s all the same to you. Street Scene 1986 and Tokyo 1992.

The songs played live on the UYI tour were chosen by the whole band, not just Axl! Oh yeah?! Serious? Whole band who? Izzy n' Steven were gone. There was only Slash & Duff left. And they were fucked up. To the bone. Axl took charge. Full Charge. If they did not play the songs he wanted, the way he wanted and when he wanted, he just would NOT go onstage.

Yes, the tracklist is shitty.

Marcos,

The band mentioned they would record "Down on the street", by The Stooges, for the Punk Cover EP, wich ended up becoming The Spaghetti Incident. It was probably replaced by "Raw Power", another Stooges original, but they probably recorded it on UYI sessions. The cover of "We're an american band" was performed on the early days, 85-86, I believe there is only one "known" version of it, available, yes.

jarmo

You are right: Playing songs live and putting together a tracklist for an official release isn't the same thing. BUT it envolves the same thing: choosing songs. "You, get in! You, get out!"

NO, surely not. I understand that releasing an album without the blessing of an artist is ridiculous. My point is that Axl is acting in such a ridiculous way (as a recording artist) that maybe he should be ashamed to make demands. But like you said, that?s Axl, "that's what many so called frontmen are missing these days", that?s why we love the little motherfucker.

You also said that "The timing of that Greatest Hits will never be right". I understand you were joking, but I think it?s cool for a band to have a GH album. And I also understand that this shit GNR GH album is crap.

What I mean when I said...

"How can someone that choses all 85-86 photos to illustrate a CD (Live Era) wich only has songs from 87 to 92, and most from 92 say a word about any album's artwork?"

is that  the artwork of Live Era is a hoax. It is bullshit. It does NOT illustrate what is on the album. Because there is no GNR 85-86 on that album.

Yeah, not all of the artwork is from 85-86, but at least HALF is. So you?d expect have at least a THIRD or a QUARTER or a FIFTH of 85-86 music on it.

Yes, Live Era - Axl was involved, that?s why it is what it is: a fake live album with RE-REcorded vocals. To me, releasing an album like Live Era is saying this to the fans: "I don?t give a F**K about you"

You got another good point when you say: Who forces Geffen to invest money in Axl's album? Can't they just say "no" when/if he asks for more money?

Dizzy
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2004, 06:03:24 PM »

SLCPUNK,
There are no links of articles that explain why Axl re-recorded the vocals for Live Era. It?s just there. You just listen to it and you know it. Every person here that has some minimal knowledge about GNR bootlegs now that Axl re-recorded Live Era.

Absolutely.

i think estranged tokyo and the live era are dead on the same

No, the vocals do sound different.  And the dead giveaway is that the lyrics are different.  At the end of the Tokyo version, Axl sings "But everything we've ever known's here....  At the end of the Live Era release, Axl sings "Seems everything we've ever known's here".

So Axl did indeed re-record or use pro-tools for that one as well.

The veterans here have been discussing this issue and posting obvious evidence since Live Era was released.  You just registered on this board, so you don't know anything about it.  Being that as it is, maybe you should "shut up" until you're more savvy.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2004, 06:14:07 PM by Dizzy » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: