Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:07:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227938 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  It's Official: Buckethead Out -MTV
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: It's Official: Buckethead Out -MTV  (Read 128220 times)
Dizzy
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2004, 06:25:35 PM »

Does anyone actually find this surprising?  

The only thing I find surprisingly is that Buckethead (and the other band members) have stuck around for this long.

As I said on the other "Buckethead's out" thread, what serious musician would care to sit on his ass for years waiting on Axl?  This is one of the reasons Slash and Duff quit the band to begin with.

If I were the band members, I would've quit the day after the Philly Riot.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2004, 06:27:17 PM by Dizzy » Logged
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2004, 06:26:24 PM »

MTV is not official

Regardless of what it said, until someone linked to the band says something, then it remains just a rumour
darkmonth
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2004, 06:26:26 PM »

Well, I ain't surprised but even tho I think BH looks wrong for GNR, the biggest issue is that in fact he is far better for GnR than Finck... Sad

Shame... it will just delay stuff further...
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2004, 06:26:55 PM »

i think its garbage,lisa reed says buckets still in the band,i guess weel ahev to wait till axl says somethin or rio to find out

I don't think Mtv is exactly in the business of making up news stories just for the hell of it. Especially news stories about a guitar player that no one knows, from a band that no one cares about.
But if clinging to the hope that MTV is just plain wrong, and that you will see CD keeps you going, then God Bless you.
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2004, 06:27:09 PM »

Oh stop complaining !!  Angry

Some of you can be such hypocrits !!!

In 4 years, how many said they didn't like buckethead, that they wanted slash back, that the guy looked like a freak, that he wasn't good for gnr's image and bla bla ?

And now, all of a sudden, you cry your hearts out and go " this is the end for GNR" ?

GNR was finished before it was even started. That's also why we loved them, because you couldn't plan a damn thing.

Nothing to say
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2004, 06:28:51 PM »

Ok. Response from management about Buckethead

"He has a contract"
Dizzy
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2004, 06:29:52 PM »

MTV is not official

Maybe not, but they quoted sources of Buckethead.  Obvious they aren't going to quote Buckethead's manager unless he really said that.  As I said before, they aren't going to risk the reputation of MTV News and/or getting sued over something like that.

Regardless of what it said, until someone linked to the band says something, then it remains just a rumour

As many have said, MTV doesn't just make up rumors.  When's the last time you heard a later-proven falsehood on MTV news?
Dizzy
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2004, 06:31:05 PM »

"He has a contract"

Okay, so what the fuck does that mean or prove?  Sounds to me like a subtle manner of dodging your question.
Bubba St. Rose
Headliner

Jim Norton is my dad. O&A Party Rocks!

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2004, 06:31:17 PM »

If he's gone I say see ya later freako. Buckethead makes gnr look like a circus and he's just another shredder destined to be popular in guitar magazines and japan. As far as CD is concerned... well... I wouldn't even venture a guess at this point. I'm with dark on this, it'll be interesting to watch this thing over the next couple of months. peace

Opie and Anthony XM Satellite Radio 202 High Voltage Spread the Virus
badapple81
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2004, 06:31:38 PM »

In 4 years, how many said they didn't like buckethead, that they wanted slash back, that the guy looked like a freak, that he wasn't good for gnr's image and bla bla ?

And now, all of a sudden, you cry your hearts out and go " this is the end for GNR" ?

GNR was finished before it was even started. That's also why we loved them, because you couldn't plan a damn thing.

SOME.. not all of us!

Plus, regardless of what ppl think of Bucket, its bad news at this fragile point in time, when we really wanted to hear about GNR moving on past the recent court dramas etc to appear in RIR4 and put the album out. Like him or not, I think most people here would agree that they wouldnt want to hear this news at all.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2004, 06:35:29 PM by GunnerDownUnder » Logged
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2004, 06:31:56 PM »

There's nothing that Axl can do now that will redeam himself after letting this happen...at least in my eyes as a fan.  I liked the old band quite a bit at the time and saw them live 3 times and bought all the albums, singles, t-shirt, and various other merchandise.  I absolutely loved the new band and consider myself fortunate enough to see them perform on the defunct "World Tour" in 2002 and waited with baited breath with an open wallet to purchase the new material.  But this is the last straw.  I don't blame Buckethead.  I don't blame Geffen.  I blame my former-hero 100%.  This is Axl's doing.  Calling him an asshole would be an insult to other assholes.  Calling him a prick would be an insult to other pricks.  Calling him a retard would be an insult to other retards.  It no longer saddens me to admit this, but he's just a useless, worthless, idiotic, dork.

I don't care how good the reviews are if and when Chinese Democracy comes out.  I don't care how much anticipation is behind any future GNR shows.  As my own,personal, silent protest I plan on NOT purchasing CD, NOT going to any future GNR shows, I WILL be attending all the Velvet Revolver shows I can, I WILL be going to Lollapalooza this summer if Robin Finck is back with NIN,  I WILL be buying "Greatest Hits", The Velvet Revolver albums, all of Buckethead's solo albums, and anything and everything else from any former GNR band-members.

Fuck you, Axl.  You're a worthless piece of shit for letting this and all of the additional immenant resignations from happening.

-Banny

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2004, 06:32:04 PM »

why?Huh?crying   this sucks axl needs to get his act together rant  Bucket was the only thing that could possibly replace Slash rant  crying crying
I miss slash, today is not a good day first off less then a week from now we get that peice of shit called greatest hits out, then Bucket quits, whats fucking next.  ahhh this sucks. crying rant  im going to go get drunk now maybe that will help

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2004, 06:32:41 PM »

"He has a contract"

Okay, so what the fuck does that mean or prove?  Sounds to me like a subtle manner of dodging your question.

Not sure what it means. I assume it means, he can't leave
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2004, 06:32:41 PM »

"He has a contract"

How typically GNR.

Cheers Mysteron as ever for the info but it seems management are just as naive as everyone else.

We all know contracts can be broken and there is probably a loophole somewhere in there.

Bring on Velvet Revolver!

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2004, 06:32:51 PM »

goddamnit.

I mean what the fuck? This is as official as it gets.

(More so than some dumb bitch claiming to be the wife of the man who knows less about GNR than we).

Holy fuck, Axl really did it this time. With Buckethead gone, its game over man. It will be so wrong to switch gears again. It was devastating seeing the band. Then growing to love them, especially Buckethead. And now Buckethead is gone?

goddamn motherfucker. GNR just lost any shred of respect and dignity they might have had.

I am so bummed by this news.

Say it aint so Axl! Damn dude, you really fucked up this time.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Bahad
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2004, 06:32:56 PM »

"He has a contract"

Contract doesnt make sense. He can easily give the money and leave.
badapple81
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2004, 06:33:32 PM »

MTV is not official

Maybe not, but they quoted sources of Buckethead.  Obvious they aren't going to quote Buckethead's manager unless he really said that.  As I said before, they aren't going to risk the reputation of MTV News and/or getting sued over something like that.

As many have said, MTV doesn't just make up rumors.  When's the last time you heard a later-proven falsehood on MTV news?

They didnt quote anything to do with Buckets departure, only about his solo and other stuff.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2004, 06:34:35 PM »

"He has a contract"

How typically GNR.

Cheers Mysteron as ever for the info but it seems management are just as naive as everyone else.

Maybe

If he has left, he should have done it properly
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2004, 06:34:41 PM »

Rebecca.. SOME.. not all of us!

Plus, regardless of what ppl think of Bucket, its bad news at this fragile point in time, when we really wanted to hear about GNR moving on past the recent court dramas etc to appear in RIR4 and put the album out. Like him or not, I think most people here would agree that they wouldnt want to hear this news at all.

Because you want me to be a Rebecca now ?  rofl rofl rofl rofl

Suit yourself...

And yeah, i understand hwat you mean..i'm impulsive.. hihi hihi hihi

Nothing to say
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2004, 06:36:00 PM »

lisa confirmed he was still in the band and that dizzy didtn say that

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »