Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:19:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The only solution to save Guns n' Roses
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The only solution to save Guns n' Roses  (Read 28292 times)
grumpy young man
Opening Act

Your sense isn't making any...

« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2004, 05:34:04 PM »

Slash, Duff and even Izzy still have a lot of love for Axl. I'm sure Axl has it too but he is too proud to recognize it.

I think so too.  But Slash & Duff recently went to Paris to promote their new album and great new band VR.  They looked fuking cool in the photos!  smoking  

I just dont see them throwing that all away to rejoin the redhead...  I love the old Guns, but it's not coming back.

Throwing that all away?   Dude, exactly how long do you think it will take before Weiland fucks up and gets sentenced to 3-5 years in prison?   Even if he manages to stay out of jail, he still can't even do any major touring without spending a lot of that time searching for speedballs.   This guy is talented, but he has problems that are going to prevent him from ever again reaching the heights he did with STP.    For some reason Duff, Slash, and Matt are all like abused women....they go from one victimizer to another.   Sorum, in addition to Axl and Weiland, played with Ian Astbury and Billy Duffy in the Cult.   Those guys couldn't keep the same bassist and drummer for more than one album or tour, mainly due to Ian being a raging alcoholic and both of them world-class egomaniacs.  

I can't see any or all 3 of those guys going back to Axl but it's not like velvet revolver isn't a ticking time bomb itself.
rocktar81
Leaving this board
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2004, 05:35:19 PM »

He could do solo shows with Finck,Fortus etc

he could do solo shows...that's it. Alone on stage, drunk, with 2 hours late, in front of 5 people (beta, doug goldstein, beta, beta, beta) saying " see you next summer!"  hihi rofl Huh rant
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2004, 05:40:59 PM »

I found this on mygnr.com from the poster OralSex.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=14783

Enlight of all the new rumors going around I thought I would share this with you

As some of you may know I just came back from W. Hollywood a couple of days ago. While I was there two of the first people I met were the owner of the Rainbow and of the Whiskey Mario, and one of his floor managers Mike. Both had some pretty interesting information to share with me about the future of GNR. Mike told me that Duff told him (I feel so gay saying that) that if Axl called him up he would go back with GNR in a heartbeat no matter how well VR was doing. Though he said Slash would do the same, Duff wants it more.

He also said that when Slash comes into the Rainbow he sits in the same booth as the whole Novemeber Rain video thing. He said that Slash gets really quiet for the first 20 minutes or so because he is thinking about the old days and what not....

Take it for what it's worth, a reunion is only a phone call away.
Come on Axl get off your ass and give Slash and Duff a call.

ok

that would rock so damn much!! if that is true, i hope axl does it, duff is the coolest (bass)guitar player to walk on the face of the earth! atleast in my mind. eventhough tommy is pretty good.... go duff  ok ok

as for axl doing solo show, he could do like britney and just press "play" before going on stage and rock out for 80mins to Chinese Democracy....   hihi

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2004, 05:48:30 PM »

At this point the future of GNR looks the bleakest its ever been. I can't remember a time when things seemd worse, even in 1996 we had hope....

Even if a new lead guitarist turns up (which GNR need) BHead's parts will need to be re-recorded..and maybe replaced altogether.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2004, 05:50:39 PM »

As long as Axl Rose is calling the shots, Guns N Roses is fucked & will never be saved, & will forevermore be looked at as a joke & a laughingstock.
rocktar81
Leaving this board
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2004, 05:54:35 PM »

as long as Axl Rose considers he is Guns n' Roses alone, he will be considered as the Benny Hill of the music industry. Guns n' Roses is not one man show.
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2004, 05:58:08 PM »

At this point the future of GNR looks the bleakest its ever been. I can't remember a time when things seemd worse, even in 1996 we had hope....

Even if a new lead guitarist turns up (which GNR need) BHead's parts will need to be re-recorded..and maybe replaced altogether.....

Axl should release the album quickly under the W. Axl Rose name.

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
rocktar81
Leaving this board
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2004, 06:00:41 PM »

He will never accept it. either he will release it under the Guns n' Roses name, or....he won't release it. We have to begin to think about that, about a non-released of that album. This is not an impossible thing. unfortunately...This is not totally unrealistic.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2004, 06:02:07 PM by rocktar81 » Logged
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2004, 06:03:20 PM »

Izzy, isnt that the most depressing thing about this whole situation?...The situation we find ourselves in now was unfortunately the most predicable of all possible scenarios.....God, all the talent and potential he surrounded himself with seems completely squandered...ahhh
badapple81
« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2004, 06:07:42 PM »

Slash, Duff and even Izzy still have a lot of love for Axl. I'm sure Axl has it too but he is too proud to recognize it.

I think so too.  But Slash & Duff recently went to Paris to promote their new album and great new band VR.  They looked fuking cool in the photos!  smoking  

I just dont see them throwing that all away to rejoin the redhead...  I love the old Guns, but it's not coming back.

Throwing that all away?   Dude, exactly how long do you think it will take before Weiland fucks up and gets sentenced to 3-5 years in prison?   Even if he manages to stay out of jail, he still can't even do any major touring without spending a lot of that time searching for speedballs.   This guy is talented, but he has problems that are going to prevent him from ever again reaching the heights he did with STP.    For some reason Duff, Slash, and Matt are all like abused women....they go from one victimizer to another.   Sorum, in addition to Axl and Weiland, played with Ian Astbury and Billy Duffy in the Cult.   Those guys couldn't keep the same bassist and drummer for more than one album or tour, mainly due to Ian being a raging alcoholic and both of them world-class egomaniacs.  

I can't see any or all 3 of those guys going back to Axl but it's not like velvet revolver isn't a ticking time bomb itself.

Duff has been supporting Scott through all this cos Duff and co. have been there before and have befriended this guy cos he needs some support through this. Good on them for that.

Scott is in rehab anyway, and yeah he got caught smuggling drugs IN (I did have a little giggle at that) but hey.. thats a drug addicts desperation.. im sure with the support of these guys he can get through it.

Remember, they chose this guy, so im sure they are confident of who they have chosen and know its a good thing.  ok
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2004, 06:15:28 PM »

He will never accept it. either he will release it under the Guns n' Roses name, or....he won't release it. We have to begin to think about that, about a non-released of that album. This is not an impossible thing. unfortunately...This is not totally unrealistic.

Yeah, but with a solo-album without a tour we can see all the other members as session members. In that case it doesn't matter that Buckethead is out.

Release the album (including at least two hit singles which I'm sure it will have), promote it heavily and it will sell a few million albums and everyone will be happy.

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: